The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » PM HUNT (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: PM HUNT
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 02:05 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
"Attendee registrations costs $150 per member over 18." COME TO DAAAADY SUCKER!

Attendee registrations including spouse costs $250 per couple. The spouse also gets 3 hamburgers, a couple of door prize tickets and a T shirt. [Smile]

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 02:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
HOLY SHIT!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
Unofficial AGENT PROVOCATEUR
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 03:38 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot about the free howler from RR...
Posts: 94 | From: El Desierto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 10 posted December 18, 2009 04:32 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
The "Hunt" info is unavailable unless you are logged in as a member... hehe [Roll Eyes] [Cool]

Here's a linky... Hunt info

[ December 18, 2009, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Nikonut ]

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 05:25 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if we should spam them with phony registrations?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 05:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't that just increase their hits? Counterproductive, etc.? In addition, it's not ethical, we're all "brothers" after all.

But damn! These guys are Big League!

Any idea what kind of turn out they expect? What was it last year? (approximately)

I'd ask myself, but I lost barry's email. That man is a real cowboy, ain't he? Wonder if he could teach me how to use my new rope? It's very stiff, I need to break it in, soak it or something?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 05:48 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
From what he has said in the past, you just throw it on the ground. The trick is to keep a close eye on it, to see if someone picks it up.
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 08:37 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
They must pay some attention to the conversations over here, or they have a mole amongst us. They pulled the threads concerning the hunt, number of registered participants, celebrities,ride shares etc....
The drugstore cowboy throws a wide loop over yonder,and runs a tight, and censored ship:)

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 08:56 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Paranoia:

A serious mental disorder characterized by well-rationalized delusions of persecution or of grandeur.

or maybe just an eating disorder that makes you crazy. [Confused]

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 6 posted December 18, 2009 09:13 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they already have more attendees than they can afford to pay for...

Rumor has it all Mods, Administrators and Directors are getting a free ride this year, including lodging costs! [Roll Eyes] Small wonder all the mods are going!!!! [Razz] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 09:28 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that same rumor.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2009 11:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shit! They must be Democrats; having a good time with other people's money.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 03:46 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I realize that one or a few here may been wronged by some at PM, and I can understand why you feel the way you do.

But let's not forget that there are still a lot of good people over there, and all this banter on a public forum does our sport no good. We as sportsmen have common enemies in the anti gunners and anti hunters, and we should support each other in order to defeat our enemies.

As Leonard stated above, we are all in essence, "brothers."

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
CCP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 06:26 AM      Profile for CCP   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
December 19, 2009

quote:
But let's not forget that there are still a lot of good people over there, and all this banter on a public forum does our sport no good. We as sportsmen have common enemies in the anti gunners and anti hunters, and we should support each other in order to defeat our enemies.
December 19, 1939

Let's not forget that there are still a lot of good people in the Nazi party, and all this banter in a public paper does our country no good. We as Germans have common enemies in the anti Nazi haters, and we should support each other in order to defeat our common enemies.

Posts: 117 | From: SouthEastern united states | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 06:59 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting thought about all the good people over there.

Where were they when pussgut was gutting the membership? Where were they when pussgut was gutting the staff? Where were they when pussgut was gutting the by-laws? They were only concerned about themselves!!!!

Pussgut has done more to drive a wedge between the predator hunters in the United States than any single person in the history of predator hunting.

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 08:15 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like our "brothers" have done a pretty good job of figuring out numerous ways to separate attendees from their money.

Good Gawd, $30 PM Hunt T-shirts! But I guess it's understandable since they are long-sleeved and all...

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 08:38 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But let's not forget that there are still a lot of good people over there, and all this banter on a public forum does our sport no good. We as sportsmen have common enemies in the anti gunners and anti hunters, and we should support each other in order to defeat our enemies
"Can't we all just get along?" R. King

Blah Blah Blah! How is that group going to defend and protect the sport? Their intention is to promote their own financial gain. Being a capitalist, I have no problem with gaining wealth. My problem lies with individuals who use deceipt(the whole back room b.s.) and a false front(promotion of 'sport') to further their agenda. As LB has said before, there are so many parallels to the liberal M.O., its scarey.
Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 08:48 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you sign up early or you'll be subject to a $25 fee at the hunt and you won't "recieve" (their spelling not mine) a name tag. Talk about bending a guy over at every turn...
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 09:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and besides, it takes time to learn what Admin. is actually saying, here and there. I was being sarcastc. Sorry it sounded so sincere.

Good hunting. LB

PS It's not OUR fault, Mom. Jimmy started it! See, when you treat people like shit, they tend to remember it, hold a grudge, stuff like that. Human nature, in other words.

edit: and another thing; the good folks are getting harder and harder to find, kinda like all it takes is for a few good men to do nothing, etc.

[ December 19, 2009, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 10:01 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the responses, gentlemen.

CCP, nice try on the Nazi analogy. I am sure it is fitting....in some way or another. Though I never did say in my post not to question the actions of some. Just be civil about it.

Dan, I don't know where the good people were when the membership was gutted. I only know a little about Leonard's story, and that's it. The fact is, PM (as well as Huntmasters) is a privately owned site and can edit whomever they choose. You don't think that's right? Maybe I don't either but it is well within their legal means to do so. As an aside, I am a member of another forum, privately owned, and the owner can and does delete whichever members he chooses, the same way Leonard can. Besides Dan, I gather from your post that you have a problem mainly with one individual over there. So why take it out on the membership as a whole?

Lonny, if you don't want to spend $30 on a t shirt then don't. I wouldn't either, by the way.

CrossJ, I didn't say that site alone would further the sport. It is the collective attitudes and actions of the sport members as a whole that will do so. My point was (and I think you know this) that negative banter on a public hunting forum serves no legitimate purpose to further predator hunting.

Leonard, with all due respect I know you were being sarcastic with your terminology. However, you did put a stop to the suggestion of a member here of spamming their site with false registrations, even if it was just talk. You did the right thing and I commend you for it.

Post edited for spelling error.

[ December 19, 2009, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 10:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, virtue is not the exclusive domain of Liberals and Tyrants. Some things offend my sense of decency; like honesty, morality, ethics and other concepts that Management over there, does not comprehend.

But, we have to understand that the undercurrent here is deep, and understanding it without benefit of the historical background might be difficult for the new arrival.

We expats own the moral high ground.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 11 posted December 19, 2009 11:25 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
4949shooter,

I know you are probably new to the concept of "Good" and "Bad" people for the most part...
Maybe you should try law enforcement as a career. [Roll Eyes]

Wow, you really think it's OK for the general membership to go about their daily banter ignoring the stuff that really goes on there as long as it doesn't mean them getting banned? If your friend and fellow moderator was getting verbally abused by an administrator, you wouldn't say something? If your name was on the line for backing a policy wouldn't you ask what that policy was and where the directorship was taking you? I did and was voted out as a mod by... get this... the same person/persons that were trashing the other mod. Then I was banned. Standard operating procedure, look at all the mods that aren't there now and ask them why?

If you had any idea what goes on in the backroom at PM you would puke and never go there again. Will's dream has died, it's "Redfrog's Dream" for cash and glory now!

Try to find a post saying Nikonut was banned or even any mention of why I'm not there now. I think you are probably a very naive person and well on your way to being a moderator there!

I certainly don't want the likes of Jim Renaud, Barry Stewart, Jeff Mock, or Matt McCauley representing my hunting interests!

Nikonut

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 01:45 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I figured you would chime in sooner or later Nikonut. The fact is, you stood up like a man on PM and spoke your peace. I remember that post, Nikonut, and you knew you were going to be banned from PM when you posted it. So you did what you felt was right and suffered the consequences.

But the fact remains that you are deliberately twisting my words around now, or else you are missing my point completely. I am voicing my opinion that this on line bantering serves no legitimate purpose to the sport of predator hunting. That's it. I knew there was bad blood between Leonard and PM when I came here, but that didn't stop me. I told Leonard and I will tell you as well as everyone else who reads this board...I make up my own mind and I don't let anyone else do it for me. That includes you, the members of this board, and the members of PM. I don't know what went on/goes on in the back room at PM. I can only surmise that someone there made more than a few people unhappy. Except for what very little Leonard has told me that's all I know. But as a law enforcement officer, you know, the people who put the bad people in jail, I won't condemn PM or anyone on it's board until I see some evidence. And evidence I haven't yet seen, except for the word of some pissed off people on the internet, which is only hearsay and is not admissable as evidence. Do you see where I am coming from? I could go on and be rude to you like you were to me in your post Nikonut, but I won't. Though I am tempted. [Wink]

I wish you a healthy and happy life, Nikonut.

Oh, as far as moderating goes....I have no aspirations as such. There is too much bad blood and internet squabbling going on right now.

CCP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 02:09 PM      Profile for CCP   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Tom (Nikonut) Glad you finally came back to your senses. I remember less than 2 years ago at the Kansas expo you telling me the exact same thing as 4949shooter is saying now. “Even had the Nazi stare in place while you were reciting it”.

quote:
Will's dream has died, it's "Redfrog's Dream" for cash and glory now!
Remember the LBL--- PM split? It was about PM wanting to make money. You sided with PM and went on your way there.

You also remember Champion laying this all out for you years ago, but still chose to follow PM and drop ties with the guy’s against PM. Now everything we told you has come true and you have seen it for yourself. It took you or your buddy getting booted to see it but in the end you finally did.

I hope you have finally seen that a group that has self appointed leaders that cannot be voted out, then raise money in the name of a unified group helping others is a step toward corruption in its finest form.

I like this board and Champions board for the mere fact there aren’t any hidden agendas or fame and money schemes going on. Most guys’ here at HM seem to be loners or leaders not followers and content being their selves.

A lot of people are followers and followed right over to another organization with no idea of where all the money raised will be going and no chance to vote on leadership. Several years from now we will be having this same thread but different board/organization/group.

quote:
I certainly don't want the likes of Jim Renaud, Barry Stewart, Jeff Mock, or Matt McCauley representing my hunting interests!
I agree! Just heard Barry figured out you can hunt and shoot standing up! I would love to see the look on a grown mans eyes when he realizes for the first time that if you can’t see sitting down then stand up.

Tom (Nikonut) didn’t want to harp on you to much but didn’t want you to forget you were just like 4949shooter but a little worse (you were in the backroom) a very short time ago. That Olive branch is still out there and the guy’s more than likely will be glad to see you again.

“Leonard I know there are a lot of misspelled words and punctuation. I apologize in advance. “I put them there to drive Dan NUT’s.”

Posts: 117 | From: SouthEastern united states | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2009 03:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
49, it's good to have an open mind. It's good to not be stampeded into conclusions via group think. But, the old saying; where there's smoke, there's fire, for a prudent man, that's worth considering. You mention evidence and proof and hearsay. I tell you what, we have enough witnesses that will happily take the stand and tell their story. For the other side, they have nothing. They never have anything. They seem to think that editing and deleting and banning prevents the truth from seeing the light of day. But, I suggest that you maintain your independance and form your own opinions. It will be the same thing; you have all this chatter on the one hand and complete and utter silence from them guys. At some point, it makes you start to think.

For Nikonut, all I can say is, if you had some differing views in the past, but have finally seen the light, congratulations! That's what it's all about, you give people the benefit of the doubt, until it's your turn in the barrel. That has a way of convincing ya, donut?

Something mentioned previously. Anybody that owns amessage board has control and can basically do anything they want. No rules, just react as you wish. You people should appreciate the fact that although we could do exactly the same things that they do over at PM, we don't do it. Think about that, while you are at it. You have the free speech that everybody thinks they have other places, but it's just an illusion. At HM, you can say anything you want, but you will likely be forced to defend what you say. What's wrong with the concept?

Good hunting. LB

[ December 19, 2009, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters