The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » FACEBOOK (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: FACEBOOK
George Ackley
Knows what it's all about
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 09:17 AM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a simple guy Fred. no, I may not be educated in the way of forming a sentence or in the spelling of some words but that's only effected my life with my on line abilities, nothing more.

Yes it was a slip, sorry about that ,
One thing you should know by now is if I intended to say something it wouldn't be in the form of a play in words.

see I read things in a simple ways , when you wrote "FAKEBOOK" It look to me that you were trying to say that something was fake witch struck me odd because I don't see anything fake about the use of facebook.
unlike what I do see with so many so called predator hunters on theses sights.
so the irony i see in you reply is that your to cool for facebook but not for cartoons

and i think when you used the word satrical you realy ment satirical PAL [Wink]

[ April 03, 2011, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 09:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know some very bright people that are atrocious spellers. But, is there any reason, these days with the spell checkers available, if you care? I mean, REALLY CARE, like Dan does.

Knockem, that facial expression with the mad bomber hat; is it because your thong is too tight? BWAHAHAHA!

GH/LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 09:46 AM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
LB,
I am not afraid to say that sometimes the spell check don't help me . because I don't read much better then I spell. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
these flaw I have with reading and writing really do bother me,, but only to a point ,
I wouldn't be a nicer guy or a better man if my spelling or sentience structure was better and thats what i think counts.

ps
Since I been retired and since the teaching of people with my learning problems have advanced so far i often thought about using up all my free time and going back to school and learning what they were unable to teach me back then.
but it gets in the way of hunting and hunting I have found to be the best way in using up my free time [Smile] [Smile]

[ April 03, 2011, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 10:24 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
I have enough problems without fooling around in Facebook.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 11:18 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
My 81 year dad is, but I,m not. He says it better than email and he can talk shit without having to go down to his barber shop....lol
He still cuts hair two days a week.

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 01:02 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No harm no foul then, George.
Heck I prefer Fred anyway, 'specially since we've already met in person.
Besides, Fred is THE easiest name to type...all the letters are touchin' on the keyboard [Smile]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 02:03 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
c'mon George!! You need to give yourself more credit than that. Sometimes people take jabs about spelling and such like men will do but NOBODY on this site thinks less of you because you miss a word once in a while. I wish I was half the hunter that you are, I envy you.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 03:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, JD. You don't have to do a complete 180! Makes me want to throw up!

GH/LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 03:40 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
If somebody other than George had misspelled that, I might wonder a bit, but I think it was an honest mistake on his part, Kind of a funny one, but just a simple mistake.

The thing about Facebook is you can make it as much or as little as you want. There are privacy controls to keep the riff raff off your page. Or, if you are gregarious or a herd bird, you can talk to the whole world. It is useful for family's to stay in touch, or groups of friends, and allows photo albums, which can be nice.

But I am careful about how much personal info I give out on it.

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 03:55 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Come on, JD. You don't have to do a complete 180! Makes me want to throw up!

Then throw up.

I have absolutely no problem with George or the way he types his posts, I see no harm in encouraging him and I've seen enough of him on the boards and heard enough about him to know that he's a hell of a hunter.

Where's the problem with that?

btw....TAs gone. [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 04:04 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook. To each his own.

I can count my friends on one hand and I'm talking Lonesome Dove friends. We talk at least once a week on the phone and thats plenty.

It's a social network and I ain't social.

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 04:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Must be, Randy? Of all the campouts you have attended, I don't remember you sitting around the campfire with the rest of us. We can't stink that bad!

GH/LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2011 04:54 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I already spend too much time on the computer, don't need facebook to spend even more time on here.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2011 06:47 AM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife is on there. She has 2 accounts and a few thousand friends. I tried it for a while, but just didn't really fit in on there.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2011 07:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are swimming upstream, Cal. That's the message I have been getting, as well. This is the Internet age. Smart phones, twitter, social networking, and blueRay, whatever that is?

I mean, really? Are you still on dial up? That's so damned exasperating, it's enough to get a man to log off forever.

Honestly, I'm in the same boat. I don't perceive a "need" for all this tech shit. Now, they tell me, email is dead, and yet I have about 680 unread emails. I just can't keep up. Some of these people are prolific sources, but really, I can't open everything I get, as it is.

The digital age is bewildering for fossils like me, but you have a fair chance to get up to speed, and get with the program. And, while you're at it, send Obama $5 for his reelection campaign, help the environment.

GH/LB

PS, ignore that last sentence, I wanted to see if you were paying attention.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2011 08:22 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A long time ago an old farmer once told me that the true measure of a man's wealth & freedom isn't the stuff that he has, but rather the stuff that he can do without. That statement makes more sense to me now than it did when I was a teen-ager. I see people everyday that are totally dependant on the latest electro-gizmo. Basic skills & common sense are falling by the wayside.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2011 10:20 AM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a message one day that my wife posted a pic on facebook and she wanted me to see it. I had to sign up to see it, turned out it was a lie!! sort of a boring site. lots of old high school friends found me.

Southpark and those other cartoon shows all SUCK as do all the 'reality' shows.
Carl

Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2011 05:55 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always paying attention!

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2011 09:02 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Took the wife to the city today, doc was sure she needed more stints. Long story short, she didn't and we stopped by Red Lobster in Norman on the way home since we had just saved $100,000. and it is lobsterfest!

Anyway, Norman of course is home to OU and there was probably 20 college kids in there, some with there parents, one table full of guys another table with 3 girls all around my table.

Every one of them had a cell phone and was texting, tweeting or whatever you do instead of talking. None of them were engaged in a conversation with their company at their table.

And then I look at Dave's awesome pics and think well just how far have we come? We're still drawing pics of our lives, only now it's on facebook instead of a rock wall...

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2011 09:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
test

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters