The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Seasonal Protection for the Coyote (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Seasonal Protection for the Coyote
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 06:57 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cronk is still unable to differentiate between the killing of puppies for fun by recreational callers and the killing of puppies in the line of duty by professional ADC or anyone who assumes that role on a legitimate depredation job."
------------------------
Wrong again Higgy, but then you have made quite a habit of being wrong. I guess you believe that coyotes killed by ADC men are less dead? Please don't forget that I ain't the one who said killing wet bitches was bad.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 07:03 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cronk, I read that three times and I still don't understand what you are trying to say.
Your brain is convoluted by design, your thoughts should not be.

IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 07:20 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Higgins,
I will type real slow, I would not want to confuse you any more than you already are. You have made it clear that you believe it is OK to kill coyotes during denning season if you are an ADC man. If you are NOT an ADC man, you believe it is down right tear jerking wrong to kill coyotes during denning season. Now when a coyote is shot by an ADC man, is it not just as dead as it would be had a recreational caller shot it? Now I am an honest man, and I respect your decision not to hunt coyotes in spring or summer. Why is it that you do not respect the recreational hunter's right to kill coyotes all year around if it is legal? This is the problem that I have with you. Anyone who disagrees with you is raked over hot coals.

--------------------

CCP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 07:37 PM      Profile for CCP   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
How we feel about our experience has a direct effect upon what we actually experience.
Posts: 117 | From: SouthEastern united states | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:24 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tim, I do not know what pics you are talking about, and I will ask you politely to not speak for me.
I was'nt speaking for you but I'll delete youre name anyway.... As for the pic.s you should remember you and R.S. brought them to my attension and even made a comment about them..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:27 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that the only good coyote is a dead coyote. Big, small, wet, dry it doesn't matter to me.

I cannot eat a coyote. I can eat turkeys, deer, rabbits. The fewer coyotes the more game I can eat. Makes sense to me.

If coyotes are protected with a season, what is next? Will we protect wild hogs too? Put a season on them? I don't believe anyone wants to see that happen.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:29 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Semp,
Cock Roaches and sewer rats would likely be next.

--------------------

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:33 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rich Higgins, I don't recall ever hearing or seeing your opinions and or thoughts of the continuing push for the introduction of night hunting for predators in AZ. I'm pretty sure you must have some, care to share them here?
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:37 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But with the shape our economy is in, if we give the wildlife departments authority to regulate coyotes, how long till a fubearer tag will be needed as well? Especially as popular as the "sport" is these days. Put me in the anti season category. Education is the key.

Tom lots of states have a season for coyotes/fox/cats, been that way for years and nothing has changed...

A few years back the DNR took redfox off the list and allowed hunting them year round and then a few years later put a season back on them.
Others can tell you what the numbers where like here before and after.. Since they have put a season back on them the numbers are comeing back in some areas and some areas are completely void of red fox and coyotes... Not good...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:56 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
I hunt deer and turkey and coyotes with the same enthusiasm . I wouldn't wont to see anyone of them disappear.
I don't live in a area with big coyote depravation on live stock or wild life.
there are the uniformed her in PA that thin coyote eat up everything, well I hunt a lot ! and been doing it since 76 on the eastern part of PA and hunting today is better then ever.
If you look deep into them that complain you will find most are just unsuccessful hunters that need to place blame of having to eat a tag samitch on something other then themselves .
ADC guy do what ever you have to do to help keep that farmer or rancher running .
it may sound funny but I pray for the day you are needed here in my hunting area because maybe the day will come when coyotes will be so plentiful they are a problem and if there are enough to be a problem then maybe I can call more then hand full a year here.
I would like to see recreational hunter Not shoot wets and pups. but what i like and the law alowes
is 2 different things.

the funny thing is our pups look like most of the south west adults

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:59 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, look at you compared to most southwestern adults. Just sayin....
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 09:15 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins.....look what you've started. This is why YOU should be out hunting coyotes right now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 10:10 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew that was coming, [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

[ May 30, 2011, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 05:52 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"Tom lots of states have a season for coyotes/fox/cats, been that way for years and nothing has changed..."

Tim, I'll tell you what has changed, the economy. Now do you think for one second that all those wildlife dept employees are gonna find another job or do you think they might figure a way to pay their own salary?

Every state has seen the number of hunters declining every year. Coyote hunters are an increasing source of income. It won't take long to put 2 and 2 together.

We in okieland already have had a new "Heritage" tax put on us, "to promote the future of hunting".

Take a few years of high big game lease costs, $5.00 a gallon gas and watch the western states non resident tag income drop. Where are they gonna make up the difference?

Just saying...

[ May 31, 2011, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: TOM64 ]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 07:38 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey Rich Higgins, I don't recall ever hearing or seeing your opinions and or thoughts of the continuing push for the introduction of night hunting for predators in AZ. I'm pretty sure you must have some, care to share them here?
Hey Jim Arthur [Smile]
You will probably see a limited, highly regulated night calling "season" approved in Az. within the year.
It is a good first step.
You will probably want to talk to me about joining the club before it happens.

jimanaz
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 07:51 AM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's not exactly what I was looking for, but I think you know that. Guess we can mull over the rest when we talk. Need to do that anyway, but you already know my sentiments on clubs.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 07:58 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Mornin', Crank.
You are the only one who gets raked over the coals on this issue because you insist on building a bonfire under your butt with your faulty logic.
I do not insist that others adopt my code or share my opinion. I do insist that they allow me to express that opinion. You attempt to deprive me of expressing it with your hysterical tirades.
You still are unable to comprehend the difference between unnecessary recreational killing and essential professional killing.
Crank said dead is dead.
True, the end result is the same .
How they got there is entirely different.
Look at it from a cops perspective, Crank.
A person shoots and kills people randomly on the street.
SWAT arrives and shoots and kills the shooter.
I believe there is a difference in the necessity and sense of decency in those killings although the end result is the same. Even though dead is dead as you say.

Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 07:59 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
A guy can kill coyotes here in Nevada year round.
Here in Clark County you can kill them around the clock. So every jackass with a hand gun,shot gun,rifle or what ever sort of fire arm they have on hand while there out in the desert is shooting or shooting at coyotes. Now toss in the predator callers.If you say predator caller to some one they just scratch there head,but say coyote to someone it turns out there granny,ant uncle,brother or all coyote hunters. And this is going on around the clock year in and year out with no end in site.
Well hell no wonder a guy can't find a coyote with in twenty miles of Las Vegas.
I think there might be a few guys on this site that only think they know what a skittish coyote is.
I will stick to my guns and say to each his on as far as time of year.
While I have never killed a coyote pup in my life,I have killed a few pups. That is to say I have raised a few coon hounds and had a very strict culling program.
Hey trust me knocking a few pups in the head never gave me a hard on.And if this makes me some sort of a shit eater then,well I guess.
But on the other hand perhaps some of you fucking pussy's out there should just grow up!
On the other hand the summer time is for camp outs going to the lake fishing,and for the young single guys chasing women,should be at the top of the list.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 08:16 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, that's not exactly what I was looking for, but I think you know that.
I am asked to liaison between the members of PVCI and the Dept. I am asked for information and suggestions as a representative of the club, just as the other presidents and representatives of all the other clubs.
I suggested two years ago that the only effective way to call the coyotes in the heavily pressured fawning areas where they turn and run at the sound of a call during the day is to call them at night.
There has been a change in policy at the Dept. and you will see the results of that change. I support it and encourage it.
Plain and simple.

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 08:33 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Correct me if I'm wrong. The change in policy within the dept of game and fish was shoved down their throats by state legislators. Although the azg&f was/is totally against it. We need to make sure we get what we want in this new opportunity and not some half assed attempt by g&f to appease us with a token.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 09:17 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong. The change in policy within the dept of game and fish was shoved down their throats by state legislators
You are wrong.
The change is the result of the appointment of a commissioner that is a savvy sportsman rather than a nonhunting political appointee.

jimanaz
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 10:08 AM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The change is the result of the appointment of a commissioner that is a savvy sportsman rather than a nonhunting political appointee.
+1

That's better Rich, thank you.

Since coyotes are seldom, if ever afforded much of a break in AZ due to weather, and are only a problem in certain GMUs, night time calling SHOULD be heavily regulated. As far as a statewide season, I would need to see some factual numbers in order to support the notion. My opinion is that except for newish types, heat and personal preference regulates calling enough. Numbers could change my opinion though. At this point, I am not in favor of any new regulations relieving me of the opportunity to scratch a spring/summer time itch at my OWN discression.

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 10:17 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
This is how I see it.

"PHOENIX - Arizona Sen. Frank Antenori wants you to be able to hunt varmints at night.

And he wants you to be able to stalk that prey, and more, in cities.

The Tucson Republican said he is not talking about some new form of urban hunting. Instead, his proposals, in two separate measures, are designed to deal with what he said are shortcomings in Arizona hunting laws.

First is the issue of night hunting.

Existing law limits hunting to daylight hours. HB 1335, titled "hunting at night, varmints," would create an exception for jackrabbits, raccoons and other "predatory animals."

"They're mostly nocturnal," he said. "So the likelihood of success in hunting them increases if you hunt them at night."

Antenori is particularly interested in providing new opportunities to hunt coyotes, which he said are taking their toll on deer and antelope, particularly the young ones in May, June and July.

"You do need to hunt them and keep that population sort of suppressed for that short period of time," he said.

Antenori said he doesn't want people just wandering around at night, firing into the dark.

He wants some safeguards, such as a requirement to scope out the area before it gets dark to ensure there are no occupied structures nearby. Antenori said he also believes hunters need to have some lights to be able to see their targets.

Antenori also said he does not want to allow night hunting during "big game season."

"The Game and Fish guys don't want anybody out there shooting an elk and then claiming they shot them during the daytime but using the cover if they get caught at night of saying that they were out there hunting coyotes," he said.

He acknowledged that his legislation contains nothing to preclude that from happening. Antenori said that may require amending the measure, either to put that into law or, at least, giving the state Game and Fish Commission the power to enact some regulations.

His other hunting measure, HB 1334, would take away the right of cities to ban hunting within their limits.

Antenori said he's not proposing to let hunters go shooting in urbanized areas. Instead, he said the legislation is aimed at the issue of cities incorporating vast tracts of undeveloped state-owned property into their limits.

"Land that had usually been accessible and available for hunting has been annexed by cities," he said.

For example, Antenori said, Tucson has added large tracts of land to the east out to Vail. And Peoria has annexed property on its northern edge past Lake Pleasant.

"There have not been any structural changes," Antenori said, with the property still remaining unoccupied.

But he said current law and regulations allow the police chief to determine if an incorporated area is safe to hunt and, unilaterally, ban the practice.

Antenori said nothing in either bill would overrule existing regulations and laws, which preclude hunting within one-quarter mile of an occupied structure."

www.careycustomrifleco.com

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 10:21 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Just go out and CALL in the summer. No need to shoot, IMO. Sorta like catch and release bass fishing.

Night hunting would be fantastic if you guys could get it. And you can go buy more gadgets:)

[ May 31, 2011, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: smithers ]

jimanaz
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 10:24 AM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
That was correct but both of those bills died in committee because AZGFD said they were already looking into it and Antenori withdrew them.

It's nice to see that something may actually be happening with the night hunting, but I haven't heard of anything going on with the other.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters