The New Huntmastersbbs!
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Anybody suggest a good shrink? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Anybody suggest a good shrink?
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 04:38 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Rich, you're saying this is a Real man's, pant-tenting type of mister? A real Bubba's Master Mister? The kind that requires you wear a respirator and a jockstrap to use? Gotta get one. Tell me where. Tell me where.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Knows what it's all about
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2004 08:25 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
I just knew that nose thing was going to be ugly. [Roll Eyes]

It looks like an industrial air compressor powered mister might be in order. I can visualize it now. A programable fluidic nozzle with 100 CFM output. Fully programable for droplet: size, shape, and density.

I have an extensive background in fluidics, maybe I could consult on this?

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 02, 2004 08:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Jack,

Don't think I haven't considered it. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31555 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 08:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
excerpt from my mail:

quote:
that was about the most atrocious display of adult behavior I ever saw on any message board.

I Appreciate the thoughts. I assume he means HM, although I could nominate another?

Can't make everyone happy, can we?

The Emperior has no clothes. "If not I, who?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 10:01 AM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Another proud member of "BUBBA" here. LOL!

Well, it appears the truth hurts very badly. The lack of response by the person in question speaks volumes. And it doesn't have a darn thing to do with the person in question having "more class than to lower himself to the level I see demonstrated here." (That statement had me rolling on the floor. Good one!) He has demonstrated time and time again that "class" is not in his vast vocabulary. Anyone that thinks this fella has "class" needs to put the crack-pipe down.

No lies have been told here. In fact many other interesting facts about the "legend in his own mind" have been held back. Have to commend the self control displayed actually. An open invitation to respond was given. An option many here do not have at the Coyote Clods.

I found ol' John-let em' rot on the stretcher-Henrys, little windbag tirade much more atrocious than anything said here. To be expected from a phony the likes of him though. Standard procedure for liars and phonies.

Like was mentioned, that "other place" was a decent board at first before it started the check your spine in at the door before entering and bow before me policy. Anyone that was a threat or willing to counter something driveled as gospel was banned.

There is a reason he stays in his church. He'd be tarred and feathered anywhere else. All that is left is a handful of members. 2000? Yeah right! In his freaking dreams. Replies to threads come slower than the pages changing on the calendar. He has single handedly changed himself into the biggest joke in the calling/trapping world. Talk about being your own worst enemy.

He should be thankful for the article in TPC however. It almost gave his site a pulse for a second. LOL! I am certain his biggest problem with Trapper Predator Caller is the fact that he is not even remotely close to being either.

BTW, I enjoyed that article very much. I probably won't be packing a spray bottle anytime soon but not because I don't think it works. I enjoy reading of other peoples methods for successful predator calling. It was well written and informative. Looking forward to another.

Take care, Curt

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifter
PAKMAN
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 11:22 AM      Profile for Drifter           Edit/Delete Post 
Like many of you, I recently recieved a link to this thread. Leonard, you have the makings of a good board here. By that, I don't mean by it's software or leadership; it's the members and the knowledge that they have and are willing to share that meke a successful board.

Bruce Kennedy, We've talked a few times in person, exchanged some e-mails, and have conversed in posts on a couple of discussion boards. I've always had a certain amount of respect for your opinions and advice that you give. It's a shame to see you ranting on yet another person who was once your friend. Wasn't it a differece between you and an ex-friend that once separated a two board hunt? It seems you carry a grudge to extremes, don't you?

Steve Craig, you've an enviable reputation as a predator hunter. When most others had forgotten where the idea came from for a certain home made caller, it was I who reminded them of it because I believe credit should be given where credit is due. Your friend, Bill Martz, isn't liked very well on these boards either, but I've never been one to degrade him with others. We each have our faults that others may hold against us, so why do aome choose to degrade one another? After all, when the mud flies, it seems we all end up with some on us, don't we?

Tim Behle, I've also talked to you in person and on a couple of boards, and you also have good input to add to a forum. I used to enjoy your posts, but ever since your bear hunt, most of them I've seen are aimed at degrading a once-friend of yours. Kinda funny though, I don't recall ever reading your name mentioned on the CG board in any negative way at all. I only know of your hunt from your own posts. It leads me to think that perhaps a guilty conscience may be driving you to hate the way you do. After all, in your words J-H dumped hounds in your lap, and then they were miles away chasing rabbits and deer. If you got your bear, and the dogs were miles away, what difference does it make where the dogs were? The only one who has accused you on a board that I've seen is you.

Rich Higgins, you were the one who originally invited me to this board. You're another who can add significantly to the info available here. Why is it that you want to cast your name in a bad light by slinging mud? Is there really something to gain by it? or is it simply a desire cast doubt and sling mud at another?

Curt, you're aonther who can add a lot here, and I believe at least some have a lot of respect for you and the knowledge you possess. Why is it that you feel such a need to sling mud on at least a few forums? I've seen your posts here, and at the PM board, and you even got involved in one of Bruce's threads on the HuntTalk board. Is it insecurity or hatred that drives you on?

It seems strange to me to see such noteable predator hunters flocking like magpies. And one thing about magpies; the more that they flock and squak, the more magpies they attract, and none of them has anything to add to the ruckus except more noise.

I've also read the aforementioned article. I didn't really think much of it, but out of curiosity I mentioned it to a good friend and long time caller withour revealing my own opinion. His response was to laugh and then say "I used to be that stupid!".

But then, we're just a couple of unknown callers who are unworthy of such attention as this 3 page thread, and we like it that way.

Posts: 4 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 11:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
(this just in)

.....when told that the "other" coyote god was using the misting technique, he bellowed:

quote:
"By God; if *** is using that stuff, I'll drink it!"

Sources say, when confronted with undeniable proof; he declined.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 11:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, Drifter. Glad to have you on board. You have dropped enough hints, nice to hear from you.

It's a darn shame when people turn on their friends.

I'm embarassed for all of you; now grow up! (...but, but, he did it first!)

Doesn't matter!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 12 posted January 03, 2004 11:57 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah!

I guess I did know where that bottle you left behind went to. I must have just forgot to mention who had it when you were asking about it.

Jay tried some when we went out the other day, but I've not been with Vic since then to see how it works for him.

Drifter,

Your right, I've probably beat on a dead horse long enough. But it was a little more involved than what I've ever posted. To clarify about the dogs a little bit, JH brought a houndsman with him as well. The hounds and I crossed paths after I had the bear loaded in the truck and "treed" the truck on the drive back to camp until I found their owner. The Airdorks, never stayed with the hounds and were off running trash in a different direction.

I guess you are probably right in a way. It's all my fault. If I had never told him where I found bears, and where I was going to hunt, he'd have never known were to find them, and wouldn't have had a chance to bring 3-4 other hunters and a dozen or so dogs into the same valley I was in.

I'll do better in the future, I'll never again tell him where I found game. Then if we do bump into one an other, it will be by pure accident.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 12:09 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Drifter, if I had to choose one of the options given, I suppose it be hatred. Thanks for asking. [Wink]
Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 12:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, it's amusement, fueled by righteous indignation.

All of which has nothing to do with the merits of the misting method. The comment, "used to be that stupid" says a lot about the man's current mentality. There will always be a few boneheads unwilling, or unable to use good advice.

We aren't talking about some hair brained scheme, dreamed up by a single person. Wake up, it works! People use it successfully. If you want to kiss ten to twenty percent of your animals good bye; well, just don't use it.

But snickering that it "can't" work is the epitome of stupidity. I've got thirty-some years in the woods, that says it works. What you got, sport?

Good hunting. LB

edited for spelling, please excuse.

[ January 03, 2004, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 2 posted January 03, 2004 02:07 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Drifter, before I respond to your post, I would like to know who you are. What is your name, or can anybody tell me who Drifter is?

Thank you.

Bruce A. Kennedy

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifter
PAKMAN
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 02:17 PM      Profile for Drifter           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 28 years calling, so you're a couple up on me.

I never said it didn't work. I suppose that would depend on how you difine "work" in relation to misting. If you're looking at maybe confusing a coyote for a second or two, I can accept that it may do that.

If a coyote gets downwind of someone spraying rabbit urine in the air, I'm convinced that, to the coyote, it will smell like a human that a rabbit pissed on. That may confuse the coyote for a second or two, but unless the coyote is unusually stupid, it's not going to fool it for long.

Something that my dad taught me many years ago was to "never stop where you can't shoot". Yeah, I'm human and I goof up, but I try to keep that in mind. A coyote can't smell you from upwind, so I try to keep the area I can't see too well on that side. I try to make sure that to smell me, the coyote has to expose himself. It's not foolproof (is anything?), but it works pretty good in the country I hunt.

If the caller believes it (misting) works, and it gives that caller more confidence in their abilities, it's likely worth packing urine around. In my opinion though, knowing the coyote's habits, and how they are likely to respond to a call because of those habits, will result in far more dead coyotes than anything else.

Besides, ever since Vic Carlson retired, the coyotes aren't doing too good around here and we need to leave a few for breeding stock. [Wink]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 02:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, good start, Drifter. You say a second or two and I say, at least five seconds. That's how long it should take to put a bullet in him.

But, what do we say when Master Higgins has videotape of coyotes hanging around downwind for 45 minutes, while he is stupidly spraying mist that "can't work"?

It's not the Second Coming, but it (by God) will give you a couple bonus animals every day. What's not to like about that? But, you obviously don't need any help. I'll tell you something: neither you or I have all the answers, and you don't look too smart, to debunk this method, out of hand.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Drifter
PAKMAN
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 02:41 PM      Profile for Drifter           Edit/Delete Post 
Bruce,

I have no beef with you. I've only posted my thoughts after reading this thread. I don't think I've posted anything untrue (other than perhaps my opinions), but if I'm mistaken then feel free to correct me.

While I really have nothing to hide, I would prefer to keep my identity to myself; if only to keep it off of the bashing list for now.

I'm quite sure someone will figure it out before long anyway, but so be it.

Good hunting to y'all.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 03:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, that's where you're wrong, partner. There is nobody going to bash you around here for voicing your opinions, and I'm a little offended that you assume it to be the case. If you need protecting, I'll do it, I don't care who your friends are.

Be as mysterious as you like, but be also aware that those that decline to identify themselves, risk their credibility being called into question.

Good hunting. LB

quote:
Bruce Kennedy, We've talked a few times in person, exchanged some e-mails, and have conversed in posts on a couple of discussion boards. I've always had a certain amount of respect for your opinions and advice that you give. It's a shame to see you ranting on yet another person who was once your friend. Wasn't it a differece between you and an ex-friend that once separated a two board hunt? It seems you carry a grudge to extremes, don't you?

NO BEEF?

[ January 03, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 14 posted January 03, 2004 04:16 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Drifter, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. It was me who came up with the idea of promoting a hunt and banquet between PM and the God's board. I was doing all the work and I was putting up all the money. Not a single soul was contributing a dime towards that effort. Therefore, that classifies it as a business deal - my money, and all my work. That means I can withdraw my money and my work, anytime I wish. Now, listen to me. There were many discussions behind the scenes, that none of you were aware of. That split, and my with drawl from the PM hunt was by mutual agreement. We went our separate ways, and thus PM has their hunts and banquets today. I went on to the do the hunt and BBQ for the God's group.

The other people you are referring to, are Jay Nistetter and Michael McCasland. That is over with and it is a done deal, and it is none of your personal business, or anybody's as far as that goes. Jay and I buried the hatchet about 2 years ago, and again, none of your business. I will tell you this, before I ever put the Expo site up on the net, I sent Jay and e-mail with my personal invitation for him to attend. I told him I look forward to sitting down with him over a beer or two. Michael McCasland and I have settled our differences, and again, it is none of your business or anybody's. Also, I sent Michael McCasland a personal invitation to attend the Expo, but again, it is none of your personal business.

But this is not about me or what happened in the past. This is about your friend JH and his inability to tell the truth. Drifter, these are his words, not mine.

quote:
I will even give you a peek at the first question. Question #1, since you claim to have over 32 years of trapping experience, how come you didn't know how to skin a coyote; flesh it, and place it on the stretcher inside out? On the same subject, you skinned a few coyotes for visitors to see, and then took them down to your father's garage and they rot. You have never sold a pelt in your life, have you? Here is the second part of this question, since you let those skins rot, tell me, what in the hell is the difference if you let them rot in a garage, or you leave them in the field to rot????? How many people have you verbally destroyed, because they shot a coyote and left it to rot in the field???
quote:
OK, one more question. Question #2, in September 1999, Gerald Stewart, you and I sat in my kitchen drinking coffee. Out of no where, you announce, "I have called and killed OVER 2,000 coyotes." Another big lie, and you even had to lie to Gerald Stewart. Those were your words, so will you please tell us the time period of killing OVER 2000 coyotes, and tell us in what general hunting area all this took place? And, while you are at it, if you were so damn good to call OVER 2,000 coyotes in such a short period of time, how come you aren't so damn good now?????
Drifter, why don't you go over to the Black Board and ask him if this is true? I think it only fair, if he said such a thing, that he respond. I put a challenge on the board, and I will take it one step further: JH, allow me to register on your board, and I will ask these same questions, and many others, and you can respond on your own turf. But, you will not delete any of my posts. Is it a deal????? But no, he will not allow that! I wonder why Drifter? There is an old saying, "The Truth Hurts!"

Drifter, you accused me of turning on a friend. No sir! He turned on me! Just like he did Tim, Vic and many others. And guess what Drifter, he will turn on you in a heart beat. He is taking everybody for a ride, so you and the rest, enjoy the ride!

Take care.

Bruce A. Kennedy

[ January 03, 2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: bucksnort ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 05:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Old news.

If anybody knows about the PM/CG hunt, it would be Bruce, Will Craig and me. Bruce will tell you that I stood up for Michael and it pissed him off greatly. But, this new member (Drifter) gets the same fair treatment and respect from me.

That's the difference. JH can be a King Hell Dictator, and start board wars any time he wants. I'd like to take a peek at his ban list, I bet it runs several pages? Huntmasters ban list consists of one guy from Scottsdale.

So, if JH wants to critique (trash talk) an article in a well known publication, and none of the principles are welcome to respond on the dark side, we have some recourse. Right here, all three pages. Yeah, it has opened a few old wounds, but so be it. I'm tired of always being the target, he can swing in the wind for a bit. And, don't forget; he's a big boy, well able to defend himself. Shed no tears.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 05:43 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Drifter,

I'm outlining another over the top, over-sensationalized piece guaranteed to double T&PC's readership featuring one of the HM members who hunts using a technique that is, well, non-conventional. We've got the pictures, the video, the personal experience and eyewitness testimony that this guy is a coyote killing machine unlike just about anyone else drawing breath today. I'm sure his way of birddogging coyotes across mile after mile of sandhills would sound utterly ridiculous to the likes of JH, but I've seen it work first hand, as have several others here. You can't argue with success. Or, ignorance, for that matter. Keep reading and you'll see what I mean. In the end, there are guys out here that are redefining the rules of engagement for calling coyotes, and they deserve to be recognized for what they know, and what they're willing to share with the rest of us. It takes hard work, an open, objective mind, and a willingness to operate outside the box. It's okay to disagree with someone else's innovative idea, but it's something else entirely to publicly attack those who have proven its worth, have shown a willingness to share it with and pass it along to others, and to personally launch an unwarranted and unprovoked attack on both people you know, and those you've never met face to face. THAT tells me a lot about his character. I don't need to know anything else about him.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 05:50 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

Do you know of any one who likes to call in animals to take pictures of them? I sent a story to Paul a few months ago, and he'd like to use it, if I had pictures to go with it. But as you've heard, me and the photographer are not exactly on speaking terms any more.

I've a couple of more sitting here, just don't have any pictures to go with them.

Tim

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 06:07 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

You've got mail.

--------------------

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 7 posted January 03, 2004 06:46 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, that is called "Democrcy". 2-1 vote, I pick up my money and hard work, and I am gone. [Big Grin] Yes, but we are still friends, and you know that.

Wow, this thread is all over the place. Well, that is two of JH's disciples who come over and ring our bell. Ain't that right Daryl?

I want to say something about the "Mister" thing. I have never used it, but, after watching the Rich Higgins video, you bet, I am a believer. In fact, I am off to Home Depot tomorrow, to get the sprayer, and then order some of that "panther piss" and give it a shot. But, if I do not like it, I can tell you, you will never know about it - unless I take a shot in the snoot. [Big Grin] For a person who can't even afford the spray bottle; one who has never used it, to publically bad mouth such thing, and for somebody to say he has more "class" than the rest of us, well he can ............. no need to get vulgar!

--------------------

Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 07:32 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Drifter,
I appreciate your input. Probably shouldn't dredge up the past. If I have sinned, that is between my Creator and me. He has already forgiven me. I hope you will. You were right to point out my sin. It was wrong of me to stoop as low as JH has and does. I sure do not need to be in that deep of a pit with the likes of him. I am a better man than that. Thank You for removing that speck out of my eye. I pray that you get the log out of yours.
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 08:19 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I just returned from a day of calling and find that others have been busy as well.
Drifter/Daryl I have in the past invited to this board men whom I respected for their knowledge, experience and open-minds. As for you, two outta three ain't bad.
I reread my post and still do not consider it "mud-slinging", just a tongue-in-cheek response to his attack. Those that turn the other cheek, suffer twice.
It is revealing that your only posts on this board are to accuse us of mud-slinging as we clumsily engage in what J-H has developed into an art form. I have checked his board and do not find that you have also castigated him for starting this. Muted by bias?

IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 08:23 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, I have lots of photos. I e-mailed you twice with questions. Is it still broke?
IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters