The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » My response to your questions (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: My response to your questions
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 03:40 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,
Serious question:

Regardless of what part of the country you live in, how many coyotes would someone need to call in and take in order to earn the distinction of being called an expert?

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tommy Johnson
PAKMAN
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 03:58 PM      Profile for Tommy Johnson   Email Tommy Johnson         Edit/Delete Post 
This scenerio resembles a blackjack table. You have a dealer, then you have a bunch of gamblers. They all try to beat the house but yet in the end the house always prevails. Its always been a successful strategy. But what the hell Ill bite.

Bill wrote; "As soon as the wounded animal tastes blood or meat it will start to cannibalize itself."

This statement somewhat defies logic. If a coyote is caused to go into spin and begins to bite at the wound, I wouldnt necessarily call that cannibalsm. Cannibalsm is eating the flesh of its like kind to satisfy hunger. The coyote is simply responding to what just blew out his stomach. Since coyotes do not have hands to gently apply pressure to the wound, they utilize their mouth the best that they can. The purpose is not to "eat" or cannibalize itself.

Bill asked; "You also imply that animals have an ability to rationalize. Why then, when you shoot at a coyote and miss, the coyote can sometimes be called right back in again or the coyote sees some debris kicked up by the missed bullet and stops to investigate? Also, why can I call in the second coyote right after the first coyote was shot in plain sight of the second coyote?"

Most uneducated animals will exhibit this kind of activity if the animal has never experienced this type of situation before. What created the loud percussion or its intended purpose is not a formula that an uneducated being can solve. Hunting pressures and human populations dictate coyote responses to gunfire or interaction with human activity. Coyotes are generally a "fight" type creature in certain situations, but when it comes to any threat larger than itself it switches to the "flee" mode exhibited commonly by most prey animals. Why do very small percentages investigate? Could be that they are trying to 'take the leap' and educate themselves. They have just been subjected to a new situation and are trying to tie it all together. Why would one come back to the source of the distress? He might not have associated the sound with danger.

Bill wrote; "Byron, calling coyotes anywhere in Texas or the West in general is easy relative to the Eastern US"

Lost me on that one. Texas is a rather large subject.

Bill this is really very elementary as you have mentioned several times "not rocket science". I find it hard that you are here today to say that coyotes cannot utilized what God gave them, and that any action taken by the coyote other than "flee" should be interpretted as being "dumb" in nature.

[ August 17, 2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Tommy Johnson ]

Posts: 6 | From: Midland, TX | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Knows what it's all about
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 04:22 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Martz: ANSWER: Wrong again Mr. Higgins. The word simultaneously basically means at the same instance in time. Even humans can't do this.

I would actually like more explanation as to why humans can't do this. It seems that if I read with my eyes and smell with my nose, taste while I chew, that my God given senses are operating simultaneously, parallel processing within the computer that operates within the cranium, without the heart even skipping a beat.

There are decisons that do require some rationalization or some single processing of the events, but yet there are others that are instinctive and don't really require rationalization.

More insight as to why humans or even other mammals can not process the events captured by their senses simultaneously would be appreciated.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
crapshoot
Member # 225

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 04:38 PM      Profile for crapshoot   Email crapshoot         Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Lance Adams. Not hiding here.

quote:
Krustyklimber said: "I doubt very much any brand of call, or e-caller, could fix all of that for me.

Reply: Our caller will turn you into an expert overnight. The problem you are having is the tools you are using and a general lack of good coyote info which our dvd would cure.

Mr ...... Uh hmmmm...... Bill M.
Care to donate one of your units and DVD's to Mr Krusty to prove your right? [Eek!]

Posts: 44 | From: S. Nevada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 04:54 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sticking with Bomba. He cracks me up.

Krusty, You too can be an expert, just by buying a video and a WT caller. Sounds like your chance at fame.

It obviously has nothing to do with anything else.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 04:54 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Bill, put your money where your mouth is. Krusty an overnight expert. That would be some great advertising. I can see the ads now. This man had 200+ unsuccessful stands until he tried the magical calling machine from WT. Now he is an overnight expert. What do you have to loose. Oh, I forgot, I promised myself I'd be quite. This is just to good.

Oh yeah. Could you please list a few of your accomplishments Bill.

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 05:18 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I swore I wasn't going to get into this one... But after reading Vic's post I was laughing my ass off! He sure nailed that one.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 06:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys keep piling on, Bill is going to revert to "Mr Hyde" and we won't like it. HE doesn't even like it, hates himself in the morning.

I think, as Bill would say; anyone that has killed 50 coyotes should know this:

A coyote doesn't realize what just zapped him in the side, ('cause he's brain dead) and, he usually has but two solutions. First, he might bite at the hurt. Second, he lays down and licks it. It's not what it looks like, to a novice; perhaps?

I don't think he meant "cannibalize himself", as self-descriptive as the term may be?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 06:14 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I just love it when you get to corner a meglomaniac with delusions of grandeur and poke him with a big stick. [Smile]

I'm kinda wondering if, in the wake of one other turd stirrer that no longer posts here, if ol' bill (hasn't earned a capital letter yet) isn't just trying to get Leonard stirred up enough to invoke another banning so he can tell everyone about it. Is there a history b/n bill and jh?

I've slipped in here a couple times today for a laugh and can honestly say that he hasn't made a valid point about coyotes or calling since he started on his rant. Yeah, sure, they make sense to him. But, how many of them can be quantified with hard facts, as opposed to his anecdotal experience and skewed schizophrenic perception.

I don't know you bill, but I have to agree with Byron. You have to be a very lonely little man who struggles to discover why no one ever drops your name the way you do theirs. I've never heard your name mentioned in so much as a positive tone and now, I understand why. Check your premarin, man. Your dose is off.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 5 posted August 17, 2004 06:19 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Just one question, Mr. Martz!

Randy Buker doesn't even have a claim. To anything. And please, lets not compare assets or knowledge because you have none. You are just another wannabee that will never be, in the real world. Prove me wrong. List your accomplishments.

If this above statement is true and your as accomplished as you claim to be. Why does it even matter if you call in his back yard? He is just a small fish in a big pond.

Todd Rahm(no hidden agenda, just popped out to ask a question)

Disclaimer; the author of this post has no knowledge of anything and is accomplished in nothing.

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 06:21 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have nothing constructive to add, I just wanted to be part of this thread [Big Grin]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 06:26 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck,

My name is Lone Howl,and Im hiding [Big Grin]

Im with Crapshoot, send Krusty a loaner machine with a vid along with it. Wow, the ultimate product test! Not many companies would put it on the line like that, man. Not many at all. [Big Grin]

[ August 17, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
huntress
Member # 322

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 06:28 PM      Profile for huntress           Edit/Delete Post 
LoL @ Cdog's last comment!!!!

quote:
Check your premarin, man. Your dose is off.
Maybe he needs to change his hormone replacement patch?!?!?!?! [Big Grin]
Posts: 35 | From: Utah | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
huntress
Member # 322

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 06:36 PM      Profile for huntress           Edit/Delete Post 
Doh.. I forgot to say why I dont use my real name....The reason is because I'm a female and ya just never know who might wanna stalk ya. But for the record my name is Heather McWilliams, and if any weird freak tries to harasse me, they shoud know... I do know how to use a gun!!!! From the threads I've read so far, everyone here seems like 'good people'!!!!!
Posts: 35 | From: Utah | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 06:38 PM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe both Krusty and I could spring together for a WT unit. Krusty would become an expert and maybe I'd move up from a minnow to a chub or something. I just don't want to be a small fish in a small pond forever.

I sure wish someone on here would tell us that Bill Martz knows his stuff. I've not heard that from anyone other than a student of Bill's.

I'm aching to see that video of Bill's. Is he actually in it shooting stuff?

And, by the way, some of you guys crack me up.

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308

Posts: 158 | From: Parkers Prairie, MN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yellerdog
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 06:58 PM      Profile for Yellerdog   Email Yellerdog         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll jump in too.
Yes, my name is Yellerdog. A cruel joke of some sort I suppose. The name givin to me by parents with a very sick and warped sense of humor. It was tough on me as a child. I did get picked on for a while. Then I fought back. It's now a name which I am proud of. Much like the boy named Sue, I think I'm a stronger man because of it. [Wink]

--------------------
Lee Smith

Remember, we meet at dawn.

Posts: 59 | From: Southeastern Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 07:02 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you guys have been busy while I was at work. [Big Grin]

Bill said: "You are the one who authored the post on the predator master forum a few years ago. Not me. Your post should be easy to find by doing an archive search at that board provide no one deleted it."

Reply: It was not deleted and quite easy to find. And as I said it made no reference to anything you claimed. Weird. No mention of calling anything with a Foxpro. In fact it was the fella that invited us that made the post. Those that know me, know you are lying and several here know every detail of the hunt in question. And as you said, the proof is in the thread at PM in the Bear/Lion forum. Free for anyone to read. Anyone that cares to know more details can reach me by phone at 509-773-3966 I'll set more than myself free with the truth. LOL! [Big Grin]

As far as trying to muddy up the waters, my intention was to come home and do just that. However, it just isn't worth the effort, and nothing would make you happier. Although I must say your visit has been quite entertaining.

My identity is no secret. My name is Curt Barrett and I posted my full name and phone number and address in my sig line at times. Many here have my number and address so not sure what you mean by hiding. Even a brain dead coyote could find the info it if he wanted. LOL!

As mentioned, I do have to commend Bill on his good behavior. Very tame compared to the past. Must be getting mellow in his twilight years. [Big Grin]

BTW, excellent post Vic.

Later

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 07:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
For sure! The ACID TEST: can Jeff Savoie(sp) alias Krusty Klimber actually kill a coyote using a Wildlife Technologies Caller? Stranger things have happened....but a wise man would bet against it.

I'm going to "out" Cdog. His REAL name is Lance Homman, and he's a famous (hairlipped) outdoor writer. Complain directly to his editor, Paul Waite. 203-555-1212. I'm here to help.

You guys are GOING TO GET YOURSELVES QUOTED! I feel it coming!

Good hunting. LB

[ August 17, 2004, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tommy Johnson
PAKMAN
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 07:22 PM      Profile for Tommy Johnson   Email Tommy Johnson         Edit/Delete Post 
Concerning the "dumb" ways of the coyote and how they can manage to avoid capture by even the slickest of means, I would like to raise the great Holy Bomba once more for some of his outstanding and remarkable insight.

Bomba is it true that when all of us jibbering "intelligent" creatures are gone from the face of mother earth, that only the cockroach and the coyote will remain?

And if the great Bomba agrees, does that speak volumes of his cunning ways?

Lets all put our spiritual mojo's together for his majisty. auuuuuuuhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm!!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6 | From: Midland, TX | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 07:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Update: Bunk assignments for the upcoming Huntmasters Masters Hunt. Krusty is doubling up with his new buddy, Baa ron South, and Randy the Rebuker will be sleeping in Bill's tent, wearing nuthin' but his ear muffs.

More to follow. [Smile] LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

bearmanric
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 07:49 PM      Profile for bearmanric   Email bearmanric         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty you can bunk with me this weekend. I'll let you use my Loudmouth. carl and I are leaving for Bear camp friday going to hit clearwater. little more open. Tricky Ricky
Posts: 78 | From: Tenino Wash. | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 07:50 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Yo, goombas. Good seeing yous guys and the nice lady Huntress too.

Looking for a good caller, eh?
Take a look here: The Better E-Caller

Bill Martz, dis one's for you: Bill's Home Page

Oh yeah, just call me Basil. [Wink]

[ August 17, 2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Basil Banghart ]

IP: Logged
James L.
Member # 239

Icon 6 posted August 17, 2004 08:12 PM      Profile for James L.           Edit/Delete Post 
While you guys are roasting Bill Martz, remember one thing,

Never argue with an idiot. Those watching may not be able to tell the difference. [Wink]

For the rest of the story see my signature. James Lindley....

--------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people.

Posts: 18 | From: Shelbyville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 08:55 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting thread here. I have often thought of springing for a WT call but now I truely know the ultimate test of his caller would be to send one and the DVD to Jeff aka Krusty Klimber to use, have and field test. As I know and have hunted with him and if it makes him an expert and his number of coyote kills, of which I am unaware of even one, go up in a weekend of using this wonder caller I will be inclined to believe some of what I have read. Honestly Mr. Martz, prove that your caller and DVD will make you an expert coyote hunter. Let Jeff have one and if it makes him an expert as you claim, I will become a stounch defender of what you say about your caller and will put your caller on my Christmas list.. Regards and hope you do put your product to a REAL test...Walt Betts aka NVWalt

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2004 09:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, NV Walt. Glad to have you aboard. Hey, I need a couple decent spots around the Reno area; help me out, please. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters