The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who ya'll be? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Who ya'll be?
ScottD
Knows what it's all about
Member # 244

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 08:31 AM      Profile for ScottD   Email ScottD         Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie,

I freely admit to being in the dark on a lot of subjects, but just as freely admit I'm willing to learn from (just about) anyone. I was sure anxious to learn this specific technique.

If I remember correctly, you and I have a little trip scheduled next week not far from Mr. Tripp's home. Mayhaps he would be willing to tag along and demonstrate. [Big Grin]
ScottD

Posts: 10 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 06:18 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy to all my porker plagued pals,

Sorry, hadn't read this particular thread in a while and was unaware of the turn it had taken.

Most hogs I've taken have been pretty easy -- via trap and bait known as "hog mash" (which I'd be more than happy to teach any of you to make), or over a feeder, and occasionally the errant boar wandering within range.

It's been several years, but I did take two hogs (separate occasions)while using a JS piglet distress (possibly not exact name). ]

No real trick to it -- pretty much called like I call coyote or fox.

I hunt in the thick brush of south central and South Texas -- mesquite and live oak, prickly pear. Hogs tend to be found in pockets...either the land has few, or tons of hogs. There never seems to be any middle ground.

Anyhow, this thread has given me a bit of inspiration to give it another try. Guess that's the only way to prove or disprove dumb luck!

Catch you outdoors,

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 08:07 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the response tripp. After several years of proving to myself I have no skills for calling hogs. I have been counting on dumb luck to intervene.

I was hoping you would divulge some kind of secret to hog calling. I will just continue to root around with my call hoping one will won't to occupy the same space I am in.

Ronnie

P.S. The invite for the airboat ride with a Chinese girl still stands.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2005 12:11 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
2dogs, here. Old coyote hunter, new member.
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2005 07:37 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome 2dogs,

How'd ya do on the reds this year?

Dennis

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2005 08:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, 2dogs. Glad to have you on board. Looks like you already know Dennis? Probably a neighbor? [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31512 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2005 07:00 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Hmmm don't know if I know Greenside or not? Probably do though...I haven't hunted a fox in many moons, just coyote. I go by "Kirby" on Predater Masters & "2dogs" on Iowa Outdoors.

Good site by the way.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2005 07:32 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kirby, I recognize you from PM.
Is 2dogs the first half of your name?
I seem to remember an old joke?

IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2005 07:35 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Rich...LOL! Yep that's a good one for sure. I've never laughed so hard, until I heard that one.

Uh...yah. First half, only.

[ May 03, 2005, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: 2dogs ]

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2005 08:21 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy Kirby an welcome, I know you from PM also.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2005 10:12 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, back at ya onecoyote.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters