The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Old subject, new article. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Old subject, new article.
Melvin
Knows what it's all about
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 10:50 AM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Very much the same as the average coyotes we take here in south western Pa.

Last fall,i called in one with a very large head for a coyote..The head was more of a box shape and was wide...Wish i hade some pictures of it,but we didn't have a camera along at the time.

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 11:21 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking at the same thing as Jack, apparantly. The legs and feet on number two just look disproportionately large as compared to my typical coyotes hereabouts. I don't lend much credence to color variations, especially as you go further east. Unless you're talking jet black or snow white. Good pics, though.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Knows what it's all about
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 04:51 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
The rust colored "coydog" or whatever it was. I seen last winter resembled Lungbuster's 2nd pic. Except, the one I seen had a broader muzzle. He/she also was a tad thicker through the chest/shoulder area & a little bigger. I estimated it, around 70lbs or so. He/she also had a very thick & scruffy pelt. Exhibited, behaviour of a wild canine.

The landowner, told me he's see it a couple of times. Once up close by his machinery. He told me, he thought it was a wolf. Hope to run across him/her next fall. He's got hell to pay.

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters