The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Home! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Home!
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2005 03:18 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I was stationed in Louisiana in Nov. of 63. The Kennedys were not well regarded in parts of the south because of the civil rights issues of the time. I remember the cheering and celebrating on the 22nd.
IP: Logged
keekee
Knows what it's all about
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2005 05:13 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! I am the pup here for sure!!!!!! I wasnt even thought about in 64!!!!!!lol

You guys make me feel like im still in grade school!

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 11, 2005 06:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am not going to bust anybody's bubble about JFK, the "Mystique" is very powerful.

I have never voted for any Democrat for a simple reason, they don't care about my values. That's as mild as I can put it.

Good hunting. LB

[ August 11, 2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2005 06:30 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like to me the departure from the Kennedy democrats of John... not Teddy can be traced to the Johnson administration leading up to Clinton. They have changed dramatically since then. If you want to know what the Democrats used to look like you need to Read Zell Millers book 'A National Party No More'.
Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2005 07:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
By Golly, I'd buy Zell Miller a beer, anytime, anywhere! What a speech, at the Republican National Convention!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2005 07:52 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
That was a good one, Leonard. I was upstairs watching it in the bedroom while my wife - Miss - Non-political - had command of the good TV downstairs. I was cheering, slapping and rooting so loud, she thought I'd found something different to watch. I don't think she has yet figured out why I was cheering at a Convention video. Not to hijack the thread with political stuff, but as good as it was, they still haven't figured out where they're going wrong, though. Have they?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted August 11, 2005 08:13 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
I videotaped that speech if anyone has not seen it. I would be happy to make a copy and send it to anyone wanting one.
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2005 08:30 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't tape it, and wish I had. I'd love to have a copy.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted August 12, 2005 05:53 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Send me a $5 bill and an address I can send it to NASA. That should cover most of the cost of the tape and postage.

Just email that address and I will send you a return email with the address you can use to send the money.

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2005 06:08 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know, Zell Miller. But he's got my vote. I like a guy who grabs bull horns.
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters