The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » What kind of work do you do? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What kind of work do you do?
onecoyote
Knows what it's all about
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2005 06:50 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
I sit at a motel all day and collect money waiting for my SS check to show up.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2005 08:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, sorry Brad. That's a banned word and I can't tell you why or I'd have to kill ya. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

edit: Danny, you geezers crack me up. Wait all month for the ss check so you can go into town for a Big Mac.

[ August 26, 2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2005 10:00 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Mechanical Engineer... designing cheaper and faster ways to turn a pile of lumber into office furniture. I give customers what they ask for... not what they want. I give the shop floor what they need, not what they like. Technically I am the meat in a "pissed off sandwhich" for 40 hours a week. I train police attack dogs for stress relief.
Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 06:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim....Yes,it could have been worse. The Parent/Teachers meetings were usually interesting enough without me stirring things up even more.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 09:09 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, ain't no Big Macs out here. [Frown] The closest thing would be a cattle truck on there way to the feed lots in Amarillo.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 10:03 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze Danny, you make it sound like you're out in the middle of nowhere, lol. Big Mac's are just a short 70 miles to the South. Next you'll be trying to tell us that every gas station in town is at the same intersection. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 10:35 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
All the gas stations on the corner of 54 and 380 went out of business. A rancher down the road ***** gas out of his pvt tank to all the locals. Are you going to be coming down next week? Don't worry, I have gas in two 55 cal drums.

--------------------

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 10:55 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
I know it ain't a bad word, or is it [Confused] If it's because of a town...I got it.

--------------------

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 12:53 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, I couldn't get out of work, even though I put in for the time off months ago. So, I'll probably just sit around and pout! [Frown]

[ August 28, 2005, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 01:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know it ain't a bad word, or is it
Well, here's the deal.

Of the twelve banned words, only a couple are scatalogical, the rest have to do with keeping certain gossips (you know who you are) from exercising completely free speech.

It has been darn near impossible, too!

Two years later you say, "you got it"? [Roll Eyes]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Bud/OR
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Bud/OR   Email Bud/OR         Edit/Delete Post 
'****** ' must be 'scatalogical'...but, damn, I hate the term 'Native American'.

What do/did I do for a living?...Thirty years as a journeyman bricklayer. I worked the whole West Coast to work union jobs. Can't believe the amount of scabs that would work for half pay.

I retired when I was 48...Spent three years with a fishing rod in one hand and a fork in the other...went from 190lbs. to 308lbs. An old buddy of mine asked if I'd like to lay stone(repair work) on the old Columbia River Gorge highway for the State Highway Dept. I jumped at it. It's not a job. It's a tax retrieval system. I've been getting back the money that Oregon screwed me out of when I was working out of state and was taxed twice on the same pay.

Five months ago I was still waaayyy over 300. I'm back down to 250lbs. now and still dropping(citrus diet). Going to retire...again...next April on my birthday. I'll be 62. I'm going to do it different this time; less food(more oranges) and more predator calling.

Bud

[ August 28, 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Bud/OR ]

Posts: 51 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jeff Thomason
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 02:34 PM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefighter, EMT, and [Big Grin] Stud Service

--------------------
Predator Pursuit
4 Videos Day and Night
www.predatorpursuit.com

Posts: 21 | From: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2005 02:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
'****** ' must be 'scatalogical'
No, some potty language is banned but most (HM) banned words defy analysis unless you know something. And, I ain't telling. That's the whole point.

Actually, I think the movement to eliminate the mascot names from college and professional teams is completely unnecessary. Somebody in New York has decided that the Stanford 1ndians is disrespectful. I hate that sort of bullying by PC ultra liberal crusaders. Those changes should come from within. An area school is being forced to change their name they have had for decades, the Arcadia Apaches, or the La Puente Warriers, things like that. The students and residents feel like: "who asked you?".

Good hunting. LB

edit: stud service? Now it all comes out. Got more than you can handle, eh?

[ August 28, 2005, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters