The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Andy....fill us in! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Andy....fill us in!
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 12:08 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, since you threw my name into the thread I guess I can respond. I was glad to see everyone not directly involved stay out of the melee. A dogpile would likely happen in other sites.
One of the defects of this medium is the ease with which it is possible to get sideways with another when correponding in the written word and out of range of the other.
At one time or another, Vic, Scott and I have offered to pound the other's head flat. Having met and spent some time with each I would join either one for a hunt or any get together in a heartbeat.
And I know that both give me a lot more slack than they would before.

IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 12:52 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, Just don't start.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 01:06 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
HEHEHEHE

Rich, I noticed that your name was listed twice...

BTW, where in MO were you from. At least I thought I read somewhere you hailed from this country.

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 01:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I threw your name in twice.

Once, because just like in Kindergarten, you don't play well with others; and the other time was getting Bruce's horse loaded; which sounds a whole lot easier than it turned out. I still don't know how you did it? And, by the time you were through, he WANTED to get in!

So, you get two free passes...

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31498 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 01:28 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
No, I saw it listed as round 1- Higgens vs Carlson and round 2- Higgens vs Scott. Thats the two I was lookin at.

Seems Im not the only one that dont play well with others.....

[Big Grin]

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 01:30 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, it's no wonder I was a hammer and shovel guy for 30 years, and not a writer. The "gotcha" I ended my short post with was not to be read as a, ha ha gotcha kind of thing, but a gotcha, as in I hear ya, I get you,I understand you....that kind of gotcha. When I read your critique, I understood what it might have looked like, so I changed it, end of story.
Posts: 1634 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 01:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, "Got it". I thought it was out of character, and I did misunderstand. Sorry.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 02:14 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard could be the great peace maker. Or, then again, he may be the anti-christ....

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 05:27 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Stealing lines from Tombstone Andy? Thats my all time favorite movie, I think I could recite it from end to end. Doc Holliday used almost the same line in describing his girlfreind.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 05:49 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, Im your huckleberry....

Why Johnny, you look like someone just walked over your grave.....

Fights not with you lunger....

I beg to differ, we had a game we didnt finish, play for blood, remember???

Alright lunger....

Say when.....

Yeah, I like it too Calvin. One of the all time best. Val Kilmer nailed it!!

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 06:02 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, I lived in the Branson area for a while. Where are you?

Leonard, it's just a matter of horse whispering.
You whisper repeatedly in the horse's ear
"Horse trailer or glue factory"
They usually make the right choice. [Smile] [Smile]

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 06:08 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ive spent alot of time around Branson. Lived in Springfield for a year, 89-90. I fished tournaments all over the midwest for several years and spent enough nights in Kimberling City to qualify to run for schoolboard. [Smile]

What did you do in Branson, if I may ask?

Andy

[ September 30, 2005, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 14 posted September 29, 2005 07:01 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Dogpiles, and Tombstone. I've been thinking of transferring up to Tombstone the last couple of weeks. I'd be doing the same job, just not working out of the same Office as the Boss any longer.

So for this week, I've been working the Tombstone Troubleman's position, and pretty much loving the peace and solitude.

But today, while walking up to a meter, I stepped in a dogpile. A big nice fresh stinky one. I looked around, and the front yard was full of big stinky fresh dogpiles.

It really pissed me off to know I was going to have to smell that dogpile on my shoe for the rest of the day, So I put on an old glove, and picked up one of those fresh stinky dogpiles and gave it a fling at the front door.

I've been waiting since this thread started for someone to finally bring up something that I knew enough to comment on. And as of today, I know a lot about Tombstone and dogpiles!

Thanks guys!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 07:17 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Seein's how you brought it up, I feel the same way. (Stand by for a side track in 3..2..1...) You need to deal with it like a mailman. When some nice customer ties their mutt off at the mailbox post and the yard is full of those organic landmines, make sure to do a fly by across their nice clean porch steps or carpeted front porch and wipe your feet. Both of them. Well. I personally have never done this (wink, wink) but do know someone that has. [Wink]

(BTW, it is well documented that after they have to hose the dog crap off the front steps a couple times, the dog is generally tied off elsewhere. [Smile] )

And now, back to barefoot horses and anything else I know little about, but have learned some about by reading this entire thread.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 10 posted September 29, 2005 07:38 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,
Thats funny shit. Literally.
[Big Grin]

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 08:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that you two have hijacked our thread. [Big Grin]

Funny shit.

I am almost ashamed to admit it, but once I was up in the mountains with a friend and offered him a handfull of "pine cone nuts", which he immediately popped into his mouth, like sunflower seeds. I think he knew right away he had been had, from either the cookie crumbs all over his teeth, or more likely, the wide eyed look on my face. A rotten thing to do, but I still had a little grin on my face, right now, thinking about it. I was just a kid; sorta.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 09:11 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, this is much more fun that arguing over bullshit, thats for sure.....

Andy

--------------------
Andy

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 09:18 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Another dogpile story comes to my mind after reading your posts...well kind of a dogpile. We were taking our lunch siesta under the linetrucks to get out of the sun. Rudy mumbled something about needing to take a dump, so he wandered off just out of sight of the truck. Ten minutes later he wanders back to stand around the truck talking to those of us still tucked under the chassis. One of the guys snorts, christ Rudy, what did you do mess your drawers? Everyone laughs and guffaws, then one guy propped on his elbows, probably two feet aways from Rudys boots, starts laughing and points to his boots and says, christ man you brought it back with you! Ole Rudy must have taken a stutter step backwards when tuggin up his britches and stepped right in it, for curled neatly up around his boot was a inch and a half diameter tootsie roll. He thought we were pullin his leg, he looks down and says " I deed, I deed, I stepped in my sheet,sonofabeech" gawd did we get a howl out of that. I still remind him of that now and again if we have coffee in town.
Posts: 1634 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 09:49 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
After alot of testing and trial and error, a freind of mine that I hunt with here came to the conclusion that the only way to keep from shittin on your coveralls or bibs when hunting is to take them completely off and take ten big steps away from them before doing your business.

Works every time....

[Big Grin]

Andy

--------------------
Andy

2dogs
Knows what it's all about
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 06:21 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Odd, but amusing @ times. How waste material, interjects into our lives.

1969, some misfits skipped school one early spring morn[snow still on the ground]...BAD IDEA [Frown] . We had a shoddily built fort behind the cemetary.

Mid-day, we all become hungry & cold. We tallied up all our money. Not enough to feed one guy, let alone four. One guy in the group. Likened himself to "Eule Gibbon's"[sp?]"A Naturalist".

He said to us three. "You guys, go ahead en starve, I'm gonna go forage for food". Hmmmm, we chuckled at him. He walks away...About 45-minutes later. Here he comes walking back our way. Occasionally munching on something in his other hand.

As he's drawing near. We all wondered out loud, what he was eating. I remarked, He's probably eating, "rabbit poop".

Here he comes,...We all ask at the same time, "What are you eating?" He replies, "Wild edible berries" HUH! [Confused] "

I said, "Let me see those"...He opens up his, "berry holding hand". I bust out laughing!!

He say's, WHAT! [Confused] with edible berries mashed on his front teeth. I said, you find those in a neat pile under a bush? He say's, yah [Confused]

I said, "that's rabbit poop"! He starts hacking & spitting.

We [never] let him forget. As we had to tell everyone that knew him, & even those who didn't [Big Grin]

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 03:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, fill us in:
quote:
Oh, Misting is still a must.....
My guess is that Sframe turned that cartridge down from a piece of brass round stock, cut a snap ring groove, and drilled the end to accept a seventeen caliber bullet; then parted it off. In other words, it never was a cartridge case and it is not hollow.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 03:41 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea. You will have to ask Shaun about that. I used to talk to Shaun alot, but havent heard from him in months.

As for your other remark, take it for what you want. I just deleted a long post. Nothing malicious was meant by anything.

You dont seem to be able to leave anything alone. Thats fine. Why should I have expected different? Same as a few months back when I tried hangin out here some. You are gonna pick anything up you can to keep it stirred.

Andy

[ September 30, 2005, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 04:00 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, no one is baiting you. Why don't you give everyone the benefit of the doubt, ditch the chip, relax and enjoy yourself? You're among friends here.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 06:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be completely honest with you, Andy. I think your remarks are totally uncalled for. I do not see my involvement here, on Huntmasters as any sort of troublemaker, with you or anyone else; and I resent your implication.

You can either go find somewhere else to hang out, or adapt a different attitude. I'm not going to take any mouth from you, and the above "quote" by me was innocent; I was not intending to piss you off, but you sure as hell managed to piss me off.

If you ever decide to post a personal attack here, you might as well consider it to be your "adios MF". Stay, if you want; but I never want to read anything more from you that resembles the above comments.

Maybe you really do have personal problems that need addressing? Don't think I'm looking for apology, I don't want it or an explanation, I just want you to quit picking fights with people and contribute worthwhile content....or get lost. Up to you.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2005 10:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What a surprise! I had a very nice conversation with Sframe, last night. And, I DID ask him and I was right, he turned that 17 cal. object, on a lathe. He also mentioned that he had been talking to Andy, just prior. Small world, eh?

Good hunting. LB

edit: should have read my email first. Thanks, Andy, I'll get back to you after breakfast.

[ October 01, 2005, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters