The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Where's Byron and Gerald? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Where's Byron and Gerald?
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 07:41 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I've kept my opinions out of this mess for 2 reasons.

1. I don't have a stake (except I like all parties involved)
2. It is almost impossible to type a thought on the matter without sounding like you are on someone's side.

So I admire Gerald for his ability to post in a calm fashion and remain diplomatic and fair to all sides! He sounds like a great friend to keep! [Smile]

And Dummy Danny forgot to admire Ronnie for being an outdoor warrior inspite of his set-backs. He always has a great attitude about life and does so much more that just plugging along! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 07:45 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That surprises me Rich. I feel sad that you would assume so much without knowing who my comments were directed at.
Read my post to you carefully, Gerald. I told you that the list that you printed had all been directed at the 3 of us over the past three months. Am I overly sensitive or are you insensitive?

quote:
Judging by the tone of your threat to me, am I to assume that you will be lobbying for me to lose my posting privileges like a half a dozen others have on lost this board recently.
Incredible! Nowhere did I threaten you. I stated that your very timely intervention in a matter that did not concern you had convinced me that this thing will not die on it's own and that I will not be allowed to ignore it as Jim had convinced me that I should.
NEVER have I lobbied Leonard or anyone else on any board to ban you or anyone else, EVER. How did you draw that conclusion? Certainly not from anything I have ever written. I have to assume that the ouija board or crystal ball that you use is malfunctioning. [Smile] (AHH the insidious sarcasm crept in. Some posts just deserve it though.) [Smile]

quote:
I felt compelled to answer the question "Where is Gerald and Byron". I simply put the reason out there. I can not speak for Byron but I can for me. I am sorry that my reason upsets you and Leonard, but did you want me to step out of character and lie about it?
How did you deduce that I was upset about that? Before responding to your post of the 26th I had posted only twice to this thread. Once to DAA's humorous pic and once to tell you that I wished you could attend the campout. Damned crystal ball.
(insert Byron's definition of sarcasm here)
Gerald , we can continue this nonsense forever. I told you before that you don't have a clue about the problems that have arisen between me and BS.
As long as you infer things that I do not imply, you never will. I believe the reason for that is your bias in his favor. If you truly wish to understand this issue and perhaps end it, I will call you today, save you a dime, I have your number, just tell me what time.

Edit:
quote:
. If you or others can point me to Glenn's jabs at anyone over here please send me url's so I can read and make my own judgements.
Can't direct you to them. GG went back and deleted them. Apparently, in retrospect they shamed even him. Read my second post in the "Healthy Debates" thread.It addresses a couple of his jewels. I especially liked his reference to Cal, Vic and me as "three puppies following Leonard around wanting to suckle."

[ September 28, 2006, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Knows what it's all about
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 09:41 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply Rich. Your points are well taken. You benefitted from my having just sat with a lawyer for an hour and a half on a very disturbing subject in my life and my Brain was in a fog when I read your rebuttal to my post. I actually do not want to debate that with you anymore and agree with some of your assessment as well as have no desire to counter on the ones that I dissagree with.

I will say though that, uncharacteristic to the Rich that I had known up to this point, I felt like Chris Wallace and pictured your "off the fence" threat being said with veins bulging from your neck while jabbing the notes in my lap in a very Clintonesque manner. You are not a Democrat are you? [Wink] [Smile]

I am in most of the afternoon after 1:00CST. I look forward to talking with you.

I had to do an edit to this thing because I did not want you to think my attempt at humor was a false front. It truly was an attempt to diffuse any more negative energy this subject is causing....really.

[ September 28, 2006, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 10:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
An observation. I look at the comments between Rich and Gerald and they are damned near unbelievable, if you know either one, but especially if you know both.

While it is admirable to defend a friend, I can't help but think that it's also unfair. There are individuals that could stop this crap, but they don't.

To share a personal attitude, I can tell all of you that I would never expect my friend to go to bat for me, as Gerald has done. I don't think it's fair, while I have the ability to defend myself. Or, to make amends. I truly see this lack of candor as a serious charactor flaw.

If my contribution to this mess is to provide a forum for redress of greviences, I can take all the insults directed at me and Huntmasters. Don't forget, I (myself) have been taken to task on this board, and everybody had a piece of me, to the tune of several pages. At least there is a place where we can air our dirty laundry, even if it is at the expense of a few noses bent out of shape.

No, the image of Gerald and Rich at each other's throats is unthinkable, if you know these guys. They are both friends. However, I'm fully briefed, and I know that Rich has a serious grevience. What would it take for one friend to understand that the other is not a petty man; not one to be making a big deal out of nothing? You can't ask him to just get over his problem. Somebody is not being truthful, or even HONEST.

edited for spelling, please excuse.

[ September 28, 2006, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 11:00 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will say though that, uncharacteristic to the Rich that I had known up to this point, I felt like Chris Wallace and pictured your "off the fence" threat being said with veins bulging from your neck while jabbing the notes in my lap in a very Clintonesque manner. You are not a Democrat are you?

Naw Gerald, not a Democrat, Libertarian. I prefer to stand on my own two hind legs and take care of me and mine.
You again call it an "off the fence " threat. Pup has a good corner post of the fence analogy. He convinced me to climb up out of the mud and get on the fence. It was said with regret and a little sadness, not anger.
Gerald if you look for the negative you will surely find it. Give me the benefit of the doubt and read all of my posts with a clear objectivity. I'm sure you will interpret them differently.

IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 11:17 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
At lunch, my wife and I had a discussion about what the lawyer had to say and we got cross ways with each other and the air got chilly so I came back to the office early. Maybe I can get this in before Rich calls.

[An observation. I look at the comments between Rich and Gerald and they are damned near unbelievable, if you know either one, but especially if you know both.]

It is not as bad as you make it Leonard. Reread my earlier posts and view my words as if I was standing there with a smile on my face. There…see…makes it a little different doesn’t it?

[While it is admirable to defend a friend, I can't help but think that it's also unfair. There are individuals that could stop this crap, but they don't.]

At the whole start of this thing, it was not defending a friend that motivated my dropping off the board. It was what was being done to a friend that motivated me. In my earlier posts I stated that I can not speak for Byron and I am not trying to. I am sharing observations of what is going on and giving you my opinions of how I feel about it.

[To share a personal attitude, I can tell all of you that I would never expect my friend to go to bat for me, as Gerald has done. I don't think it's fair, while I have the ability to defend myself. Or, to make amends. I truly see this lack of candor as a serious charactor flaw.]

I have never been asked to come over here and defend anyone. I don’t think anyone expected me to. Leonard for all of the references from people over here complaining about “them” not letting it go or “lobbing jabs”, I find it extremely disappointing that you keep doing that very thing. That last sentence is totally uncalled for and I have to assume that it simply a part of your personality to be unable to control yourself. It gives the appearance of a personal vendetta. Let it go. I don’t blame him for not coming back over here. Why would he want to come back into the lions den when even the board administrator is unable to be civil?

[If my contribution to this mess is to provide a forum for redress of greviences, I can take all the insults directed at me and Huntmasters. Don't forget, I (myself) have been taken to task on this board, and everybody had a piece of me, to the tune of several pages. At least there is a place where we can air our dirty laundry, even if it is at the expense of a few noses bent out of shape.]

No, I disagree with you on that point. Your contribution should not be to stoke the fires and then ban people for doing the very thing you want to do yourself. You are perfectly entitled to run the board how you want and people have the decision to make whether or not they want to participate. I chose to get off because I disagree with your philosophies for running the board. I do not hold that against our friendship. I have thought of you many times when I have commented that I have friends over “there”.

[No the image of Gerald and Rich at each other's throats is unthinkable, if you know these guys. They are both friends. However, I'm fully briefed, and I know that Rich has a serious grevience. What would it take for one friend to understand that the other is not a petty man; not one to be making a big deal out of nothing? You can't ask him to just get over his problem. Somebody is not being truthful, or even HONEST.]

No, we are not at each others throats. Have you talked to Byron Leonard? If not then you are not fully briefed. I have talked to Byron and will not be fully briefed until I talk to Rich. I have an idea what I will hear from Rich as you would if you were going to talk to Byron. It is real sticky and I hope that both parties can get past it. Got to go now.

Oh and Leonard….view what I have said as if I were standing there smiling at you.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 11:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boys, (you know who you are) this continued silence is deafening.

edit: Look Gerald, whatever you want to do about participating on Huntmasters is your business. I do not see where it has much bearing of the situation, nor do I have to explain why I need to take care of abusive people, from time to time? [Smile]

BS has my number, BS can "set the record straight" anytime. As can GG. You will notice that I must use vague labels because I have already been threatened with legal action; just for providing a forum, or "allowing" discussions.

[ September 28, 2006, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 11:47 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa....this is getting interesting. Do you have some guys waiting in the bushes for me to hit me with urls. Bring it on. I am like the Robot Johhnny 5...INPUT give me INPUT.
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 11:49 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I feel like Rich, Cal, and Vic got the same kind of railroad job I did, over on PM. I just had a different conductor.

Neither case was meritted, nor fair.

quote:
Give me the benefit of the doubt and read all of my posts with a clear objectivity. I'm sure you will interpret them differently.
Gee, what if I could have gotten the same benefit, both here and on PM?

History repeats itself, again, just with different players.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 12:04 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Here ya go Krusty - hope this makes you feel some better [Smile] [Smile]

-

Still love ya buddy, but you left yourself wide open for that one LOL

Al
THO Game Calls

[ September 28, 2006, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 12:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it looks like you are requesting to see the evidence?

quote:

I have never been asked to come over here and defend anyone. I don’t think anyone expected me to. Leonard for all of the references from people over here complaining about “them” not letting it go or “lobbing jabs”, I find it extremely disappointing that you keep doing that very thing. That last sentence is totally uncalled for and I have to assume that it simply a part of your personality to be unable to control yourself. It gives the appearance of a personal vendetta. Let it go. I don’t blame him for not coming back over here. Why would he want to come back into the lions den when even the board administrator is unable to be civil?

Gerald, I want you to know that I completely reject what you wrote in the above quote. I do not need nor did I ask for advice from you about how I handle this crap. I'm uncivil? Okay, there goes your objectivity, out the window. And, no, I am not neutral, I have a mind and an opinion and I express it when it pleases me. I allow you (and will continue to allow you) the same, noting that I DO have the means of restricting posting privilages if personal attack offends me. But, do not view that as an idle threat. However, please understand that I do not appreciate you telling me that what I say is "uncalled for".

Further, I didn't suggest that you were asked to come in here and defend anybody. I suspect that you are doing it for loyalty, which is a good trait. Actually, your motivation doesn't have much to do with this situation, it's irrelevant. I only stated that I would not "expect" my friends to go to bat for me. I would fight my own battles.

quote:
No, I disagree with you on that point. Your contribution should not be to stoke the fires and then ban people for doing the very thing you want to do yourself. You are perfectly entitled to run the board how you want and people have the decision to make whether or not they want to participate. I chose to get off because I disagree with your philosophies for running the board. I do not hold that against our friendship. I have thought of you many times when I have commented that I have friends over “there”.

This is what I mean. Please do not tell me exactly what my "contribution" should be, according to your opinion. I'm one of the guys, and I will voice my opinion as I see fit, just like anyone else. I do not have to maintain a lofty position, above the fray. If that doesn't set well with you, I know what you can do....go somewhere else, like PM. I know, and appreciate (that) everybody has a choice.

I have no more to contribute here, but my opinion is that your buddies do not deserve your support.

I promise, should they come out of the weeds, I would not interject myself into the discussion, nor would I use the button. Okay, okay, if I can't help myself, I would strive mightily to be completely neutral....how's that?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 01:06 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Al,

I wasn't crying, just stating my opinion.

It's a fact that my posts aren't generally taken objectively, and rarely taken as I meant them (your reply, in "common fashion" assuming I am crying, is a perfect example of that).

I actually find it ironic when Mr Higgins asks for the same objectivity he couldn't seem to muster up for me. [Smile]

Maybe someone else could use that crying towel? [Wink]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 01:19 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Krusty, I guess the towel didn't go over too well eh?

I was torn between it and the cheese. Guess I sould have gotten the cheese. It wouold have gone so much better with the whine [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 01:30 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusteye, This is prolly a good time to step back out of the ring. A lot has been said on this matter & there`s a lot more to be said, none of which involves you. Don`t complicate it more than it already is. Start another thread some other day if you want to cry...I mean voice your grievences. Several of us started out having some fun with this thing but pay attention buddy, it`s beyond that point now, follow our example & let those involved do what they need to without having a heckler in the crowd.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 04:55 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich is running point guard on this issue. I hope Vic and Cal are keeping in touch with him, at least offering some comfort. Rich is taking all the heat and trying to clear the air. I consider these three guys friends. Good friends. I don't want to see that change over something like this. Back to the sidelines. [Frown]

[ September 28, 2006, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 05:47 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Al,

Either way, the cheese, or the towel, would not have been well accepted by me.

I don't find you funny (especially when the premise of your joke was based on false interpretation of my intent).

I love a good joke, even if I am it, your's just wasn't any good. [Wink]

JD,

If my "heckling" of Mr Higgins isn't appropriate, why is it appropriate for you (and Al) to do so to me?
Two wrongs don't make a right.

I thought I made a valid point.
Mr Higgins asked for something he doesn't seem to be able to offer (and I am not the only one to whom he can't seem to offer it, imho).
I do find it humorously ironic.

Why don't you let Leonard tell me when it's time to walk away from a thread?
This ain't your board.

I actually have no grievences (anymore), just experience in a VERY similar situation.
I don't think I was out of line to say so.

Krusty  -

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 06:10 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe so Krusty, but this ain't the time and it ain't the place.

Reconsider JD's advice and now mine too -- sit on your hands.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 06:54 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, Jeff. Resolution of the situation at hand is Priority One. OK?
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted September 28, 2006 06:54 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you who might have been sitting on the edge of your chair, my phone conversation with Rich went as I thought it would. I enjoyed it a great deal and it was benefitial. He has pointed me toward some things that I will read in my quest to become informed.

Two hours is a long discussion and I was soaking it up. In a kindly way I will say that Rich is precise with his explainations and detailed in his portrayals so much so that he reminds me of the guy who, when asked what time it is, tells you how to build a watch. [Big Grin]

Tim, I think Rich and Byron both need to be the people talking in the research sound booth in the cell phone ad for who has the longest free minutes. [Wink]

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 07:02 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty I was just funning you.

If you took it the wrong way, I appologize. I did not mean to hit a nerve. We have had our differences, and I had hoped those were behind us.

It was truly meant to be funny. Again, I am sorry to have offended you.

Al

--------------------

THO Game Calls

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 07:06 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, will the fact that you become "informed" have any beneficial contribution to the outcome of this dispute? Or is this simply to satisfy your own curiosity? Just curious why you decided to be dealt into this poker game?

[ September 28, 2006, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 07:17 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Naw Gerald, not a Democrat, Libertarian. I prefer to stand on my own two hind legs and take care of me and mine.
In that case Rich, why don't you take a break for a few minutes, and drop down to the Political Forum. There is a post there about the Libertarian Party, and I'd appreciate your input.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 10:30 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA,

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God."

just a humble hunch [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2006 11:40 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Al,

It did hit a nerve, and my nerves are kinda raw lately.

Apology accepted, and as asked I won't say anymore.

Krusty  -

--------------------

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted September 29, 2006 06:54 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Good question Nasa. I am wondering now why I ever wanted to provide a reason to someone who asked a reasonable question. [Wink]

It took off in a direction I did not anticipate fully. It is mainly to try and determine what the truth is for my own purposes. I feel that some of my associations in the past have been generated by some who wanted to somehow gain a degree of credibility by their association with me. In that proicess sometimes manipulation can creep in. I am such a trusting person that I generally believe people and give them the benefit of the doubt far too long. That lost me a friendship and $235,000 recently.

Having friends on both sides has an influence on my desire to seek the truth. I do not think I can solve this problem because it is controlled by variables outside of my control. Can I influence change....maybe, so I try. Am I a "self appointed mediator", I don't think so. I don't want to believe so,but......I have thought about that statement a bunch because as I relive in my mind some of the situations I have been involved in, I realize that many times I try to be a peacemaker or at least try to be a sounding board for those involved to try and help them see things rationally outside of the emotions that can blind so badly.

If there are any shrinks out there, listen to this next part and tell me if I need to spend some time on your couch. As I thought about what may have formed me that way, I thought of the times that I stood as a child with tears streaming down my face hoping and pleading for my parents to stop fighting verbally. These "fights" never came to blows and I knew that my parents loved each other, they just argued a great deal of my childhood. It was a mental hell hole.

That was alluded to one day at breakfast by my brother on a filming trip with Dad in the early 80's. I will never forget seeing the tears in my Dads eyes as he heard my brother refer to our childhood as "back in the dark ages". We were adults at that point. I have forgiven my Father for the "dark ages". I understnd him better now.

Some of the arguments were fueled by my Fathers dwelling on the negative and my mother defending her children. Dad was a hard driven man in business and his expectations were high for us. I just wanted peace and quiet. My children benefitted from that experinece because my wife and I have never had outburst of more than a few seconds, compared to the degree that my parents fought....for hours, sometimes ending only because Dad had to go on a business trip.

I think that situation may also be where I get my inclination to look for the positive in people rather than the negative. The nerds and outcasts in school always gravitated to me because I must have accepted them for the way they were...looking for the positives not the negatives.

That approach can get me in trouble and has many times because it leaves me vulnerable to the manipulators. There.........do I need help?

[ September 29, 2006, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters