The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Question (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Question
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:19 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Am I mistaken (again) or hasn't it been said that banning someone has to be a unanimous decision over there?
But then again there's so much BS posted on these forums who knows.
It's sad that this hobby/sport is quickly becoming so commercialized that almost everyone has a hidden or not so hidden agenda.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:23 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I too have been amused by this thread. For several reasons.

It strikes me funny that the idiots at PM would rather defend the wannabes and know it alls, or at least they think they know it all, and ban folks that actually do know something about predators. I never did like that site. I would much rather listen to someone like Rich, Vic and Cal than a hundred BS stories from computer hunters. I havent been on that site alot, but havent seen one regular over there that could hold a candle to the ones banned.

Jack, your comments pretty much sums up the attitude. Quantity of members means much more to PM than quality. Nuff said.

Another amusing thing was following Vics advice and googling Glenn Guess. The cheif Hamerdog himself. That was some entertaining reading. Oh, and I didnt know he was Dillons personal guide!!

I guess Im lost on one thing. Who is BS?

Anyway, they can have that site. I hadnt been there in a long while, until yesterday. I see nothing has changed.

Oh, and I see they have given free reign to the Roadhunter, I mean, Houndsman forum. Vargy and Aaron are the poster children for the guys that I absolutely despise around the midwest. The hound wagon boys. Trespassing, hanging out the window shooting types.

Just some of my humble observations that struck me funny.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:36 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, you've got the wrong impression of Vargy. I've been out with him on a few chases. He doesn't do it the way you think. Others might, but he doesn't "shoot out the window". His dogs run to ground, then the coyote is killed. He doesn't "trespass" either. He has permission from the farmers in the area he runs. He doesn't run where he's not welcome. I can't speak for others, but I know how Vargy hunts.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:42 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, Does the whole staff vote or just the Mods of the forum where you guys were accused of bustin' up the bar. Say only 2 of the 64 staff members at PM votes and those two want your ass canned. Does that mean you are gone by a unanimous vote?

I didn't now Jim Champion, aka RiverRunner got out?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:48 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Your right NASA, I should edit that. I dont know Vargy and never talked to him. He may do it right. But he would be in the minority.

The other one I mentioned doesnt though. I have had several debates with him. He started off claiming to do everything right. But, before it was over, admitted that sometimes his dogs go where hes not wanted and he has shot from the road. Took him a while to fess up, but he did.

Anyway, Vargy may be ok. I believe it if you say its so. But, Ive seen a number of these operations in action and he would be one of the very, very few that is. I guess I should say almost all, instead of all, are slobs, IMO.

I still despise that way of hunting. Even if they do have permission, I would be willing to bet they have spoiled countless folks days with their dogs. Cant help it. Its not like your hunting a section. Turn those damned things loose and your hunting the world. Your gonna step on toes. Alot of em.

--------------------
Andy

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:22 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"I didn't now Jim Champion, aka RiverRunner got out?"
-----------
Jim is listed as retired P.M. staff, same as me. I don't know why he retired. Jack doesn't like to ban anyone, and would be the last to vote yes on a ban.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:31 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, Cal', Vic, NASA,

I didn't at all mean to trivialize what had happened by calling this thread humorous and entertaining. Please accept my apologies, I was speaking without knowledge. In fact, that is my regular means of conversation come to think of it. [Wink]

Just for the record though. I didn't think Jack was funny. In fact, I don't think Jack has ever said anything funny. [Roll Eyes]

In fact, I was trying to explain that I was laughing at my self because I let myself believe that Jack was making a joke although he really wasn't. I thought he was, because I read into his post some nonesense about you three being PETA. Then it occurred to me what the initials stood for, realized I was wrong and laughed at myself.

There!!! How's that for being clear as mud!?!? [Wink]

Edit: for the clear as mud explanation.

[ July 20, 2006, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:41 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I didn't now Jim Champion, aka RiverRunner got out?"

I sure would have liked to have read the post from river runner, the one that redfrog(opps randy) deleted, in the election time tread. Did anyone catch that one before it was deleted? '

Dennis

EDIT: Wow, a coup! River must be a alright guy. Most owners would probably have all those guys heading for the door!

[ July 20, 2006, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Greenside ]

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:08 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Loco, If this stuff isn't funny, I don't know what is! My wife often states that I have a sadistic sense of humor though, but to worry that someone on the board in question doesn't like me is far beyond trivial to me. And to see them flex their big internet muscles is down right hysterical! That is the best part, it has been some of the best entertainment I have had in years.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:12 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For those that haven't put it all together... protecting the masses of know-it-alls and ego-driven moderators is a way of protecting MASSIVE TRAFFIC. Massive traffic ***** banners, banners make money. Long story short- the fact half of the folks posting in this thread are banned from Predator Masters tells you the type of folks they are looking for.

They want the guys that kill two kit coons and a stray cat and title the thread FOXPRO & LIGHTFORCE KICKA$$!!!!

P.S. Jack- if I'm not banned where's my password? Please forward it to Jrbhunter@hotmail.com whenever you find it.

P.P.S. THO- those are the best posts I've ever seen you make. Very impressive.

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:30 AM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
just hope I don't look like a wanna be anywhere. I consider all of the fellas in this single topic to be the best of the best. after reading the threads over on PM and here you can find out who knows there shit.
Posts: 54 | From: sc pa. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:50 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
"Hell, many times I can have him figured out in the first three seconds of a handshake, you know, that limp wristed,half a handfull of soggy fingers." Quote by Arizona Chile

LOL I know that feeling. LOL I realllllly hate grabbing a handful of another guy's really soft hands worse. You know, the handshake where you wonder whether the guy even has bones in his hands? LOL Eeeewwwww yuck!

--------------------

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:51 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ben, I know Im capable of calling coyotes to the gun, but I dont pretend to be in the same class with alot of these guys.

Ive said it before. I just feel fortunate to have the knowlege of these guys collectively to draw from. I dont have the time physically to get the experience and do the trial and error. But, if you will listen, you can learn alot from those who do and apply it, so when I do have time, it can be more productive.

I would hands down rather have a board with that in mind than to have a "your ok, Im ok" money machine, just lookin for warm bodies and thread count.

--------------------
Andy

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:53 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Loco, Are you sure you were grabbing his hand? [Big Grin]

[ July 20, 2006, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:56 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Grrrrrrrrrrr..... [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

LOL Pretty good burn I must admit!!! Grrrrrrrrr [Eek!] [Confused] [Frown] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------

browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 12:52 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been keeping up with the "healthy debates" thread on PM since it started. And the funny thing is, that the person who started the thread is one of THE WORST people as far as causing arguements, ripping on people, ass kissing and the LOOK at me thing. I have seen him cause problems on more than one site for many people. Notice how he changed his sig line from "ignorance is just another varmint that need killin" to "Family friends and the great outdoors" AWWWWW isn't that cute! as far as the people getting banned, I don't see anything that is a ban-able offense!! I wrote it over there and this is what I said, The mods on the board should be held at the same, if not Higher code of ethics than the members! but obviously it is a double edged sword over there.
Posts: 167 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 01:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody besides me find it somewhat ironic that these guys got banned on a "Healthy Debate" thread???

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 01:41 PM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess maybe I should have said that I still got a lot to learn and I don't mind hearing someone say something negative about something I thought should work. just saves me time in the long run. keep on talkin fellas a will just keep on learnin.
Posts: 54 | From: sc pa. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 03:36 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
Bigben, I am like you and are still learning about the sport. But I also have a very good teacher to hunt with so I am lucky. It just makes me angry when I ask questions and have an answer like "eastern guys can't hunt" or "I shoot 100 coyotes a month how about you" It just proves to me that some of these guys don't know much about what happens outside their Trailer park. But it doesn't stop them from giving advice and then when it don't work (we all don't live in texas) we get made fun of!! I am just tryin to learn but get tired of the look at me stuff and the double standards. Good luck to you.
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 04:05 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
If your refering to the guys here, I havent heard any answers like that. I have heard that when someone comes in spoutin off about something they have no clue about.

Actually, I have seen alot of folks get help here. Unless of course, you bring the attitude with you. Then you will most likely get your ass handed to you and not last long.

--------------------
Andy

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 04:13 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rich, Does the whole staff vote or just the Mods of the forum where you guys were accused of bustin' up the bar. Say only 2 of the 64 staff members at PM votes and those two want your ass canned. Does that mean you are gone by a unanimous vote?

I didn't now Jim Champion, aka RiverRunner got out?

Lonny, all moderators and administrators are expected to vote. Apparently all do not. It requires a majority of those that do vote to ban or suspend.
Jim Champion left in disgust over the recent changes at PM.

quote:
Wow, a coup! River must be a alright guy. Most owners would probably have all those guys heading for the door!
Dennis what was the coup?

I'm a wannabe.
I wannabe a better caller. I want to associate with others who wannabe. The wannabes that get their britches jerked down are the ones that represent themselves as being "more" than they really are. Life is simple on this board because the ones that have lasted are real, regardless of skill level.
There are some real ones over on PM as well. That GC is rock solid. KeeKee is as good as anyone.
The number is not high and I'm surprised that the majority of moderators would not be willing to do anything in their power to smooth things over and keep heavyweights like Cal and Vic hanging around to keep things real for them as well.They have knowledge and experience that you just can't buy. Iwas told today that the suspensions were not just for the Debate thread but for an accumulation of "offenses" over a months period.

IP: Logged
River Runner
Member # 880

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 04:19 PM      Profile for River Runner   Email River Runner         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW.....my ears been ringing for a week. I wondered where it was all coming from.

You guys got room for another anti-PM'er? I'll try to behave but I'm dying to pour it all out.  -

Posts: 10 | From: SW Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 04:29 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy River Runner!

Long time, no talk too. How've you been?

And welcome, to the Greatest Calling site on the net.

( Leonard will even let us talk about trapping! )

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 04:58 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn glad to see you Jim. I think you'll fit in fine.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 05:08 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy L: NO I am not reffering to anyone on this site. I was talkin about some guys on PM. sorry I should have cleared that up!!! RIVER RUNNER: Glad to see you are still around!! I for one would like to know what REALLY happened over there.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters