The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Anyone smoking any GOOD cigars lately? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Anyone smoking any GOOD cigars lately?
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2006 05:08 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
K-rist!!! I didn`t know you cigar smokers were so kinky. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2006 06:11 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
cellophaned. too much chance for damage nude.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 06:00 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep mine however they arrive - cellophaned or nude. Exception being that I usually take the tubos out of their tubes for storage if I'm going to have them around for any amount of time.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rowney
PAKMAN
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 06:16 AM      Profile for Rowney   Email Rowney         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally think one of lifes great pleasures is an arturo fuente or a romeo and juliet, with a couple fingers of 15 yr glenfiddich. On a recent trip down to the big easy I stopped in a shop across the street from landry's that made their own, and made a damn good one at that. I bought a 52 from them for around 9 bucks that had excellent flavor, i wish i was in there during working hours, you can pick out every thing and watch them make it for you.

--------------------
There's more than 1 way to skin a cat...

Posts: 8 | From: Lewisville, TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2006 08:40 AM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
I am with Mr. Taylor on this one. I chew 2-3 packs of RedMan per day. The up side is I can Scuba dive with a chew and just expell it through the regulator. The down side is it will stick the reeds in a call pretty fast.
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 5 posted September 21, 2006 05:25 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Every once in a great while, I get a cigar that wants to only burn a small section in the center. It won't stay lit, and I constantly have to relight it. I've tried clipping the burned section off, sometimes that works but not always.

What causes this? How is the best way to correct it?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2006 05:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Quit buying cheap cigars. They are probably wrapped too tight. They make a gadget for shoving the length. Actually, I only had that happen once, when somebody gave me a JR Alternative. LB

[ September 21, 2006, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2006 06:03 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
This last one, wasn't a cheap cigar, that's what chapped my butt.

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2006 08:19 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Poorly rolled is the cause. Tossing it and lighting up a new one is the best cure I've found.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2006 09:47 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

You've got me hooked on those 5 Vegas. I just ordered a box for myself.

I tried another Gurkha last night, and while they are good, they just don't live up to their hype. I think it offended a few pussies at the next table too. They came in and sat down just as we finished dinner. I heard one woman make a remark about the smell of burning hair, then a few minutes later a "man" at the table said he couldn't take the smoke and they got up and left.

I felt like pointing out to the loser that he had chosen to sit in the smoking section of a Bar and if he didn't like smoke, he could always sit in the larger Non-Smoking section, or run 30 miles down the road to McDonald's where they don't allow smoking at all.

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 10:27 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I chew 2-3 packs of RedMan per day
Holy Smokeless!!!! I bet you'd be rich if you just quit chewing! Just for kicks, have you ever figured how much dough your spending in tobacco each year?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 11:31 AM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
No Loco, I have'nt. Kinda afraid to know. I bought three cartons just for my trip to AZ. I was in the truck from Tuesday night at 8:30 and got home Monday at noon. I had opened my last carton on the trip home.
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 07:17 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 07:27 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Oynx Reserve.......on the road in Houston and about to light one now....
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 10:09 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly, Hello. I used to hog hunt some around waurika. Saw lots of coyotes around that area.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 10:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, Kelly. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 04:06 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly,

I love those Oynx Reserve, those are the one's I took to our campout, and when I got home, it was the first thing I added to my Birthday wish list.

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 11:14 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Thx guys - glad to be here....Cross J there are quite a few coyotes and cats in my area......caled a pair of coyotes saturday morning and got 5 min's of a cat on film where all you could see is ears.....he was about 50 yards in front of me looking thru the cover...I made all kind of coyote sounds trying to run him off.......but he didn't leave till I stood up.....cat season opens Dec 1st...I am ready...catch you later Kelly
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters