The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Which caller is best for me? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Which caller is best for me?
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 10:40 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp - what did you decide on?
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 08:06 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal Taylor,
I swapped my old black Bandit in for a brand new camo model. This one has all of the latest upgrades. Don't tell foxpro, but the amplifier in mine has a really fine heat sink device on it. I am thinking of placing a warning sign on my new Bandit. Something like "Warning! I Kick foxpro Butt!" LOL [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Bandit
Knows what it's all about
Member # 960

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 08:27 PM      Profile for The Bandit   Author's Homepage   Email The Bandit         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

The heat sink is nothing new only the earliest models like your old one didn't have it. Steve said I missed you by two minutes today [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

Posts: 49 | From: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2006 06:14 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd,
Oh, just two more minutes and you would have bought my lunch huh? [Smile]

--------------------

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2006 07:58 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, I'm glad you got a new Minaska! I really think it is a great coon caller. [Big Grin]

When you decide you want to become a coyote caller, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you in a FoxPro! It takes more power to call coyotes in Wyoming. [Razz] All this time you been promoting those big old Cronk cowhorns to be louder and then when you get an E-Caller you go for less power? [Wink]

[ December 28, 2006, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Cal Taylor ]

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2006 08:34 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,
There probably isn't anything on this planet that will call coyotes as well as my cow or buffalo horn howlers. My neighbors would tell you that there ain't anything louder than the screams and howls they hear coming from the Cronk house either. [Smile] Those Minaska brothers sure do know how to call them coons alright. I believe they are the first in the industry to call coons in broad daylight on a regular basis.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2006 08:13 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"It takes more power to call coyotes in Wyoming."
--------------------------------------
Cal,
Not necessarily more power is needed,just better technology. The little 12 volt lead/acid battery that is housed securely inside my bandit really does it's job well. Since you are a good friend of mine, I will probably let you hear the superior sound quality of a REAL electronic caller one day soon. Minaska does ir right. Good hunting to you. [Smile]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 02:53 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I got back today from my hunting trip and i'm very pleased with the way my big country bandit performed. The temps were in the high 20's to low thirtys. I was able to call in a pair of coyotes that where 3/4 of a mile away and behind a large hill. I was useing my sounds that where down loaded into the bandit. Anyway its a nice unit and i'm happy with it. Thanks Minaska Outdoors..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5083 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 03:01 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
while i'm at it i should thank Rich C. also. I took the cronk howler and the screamer along and tried them out. I could'nt get the howler to howl the way i wanted so i used the screamer instead. The screamer performed very well for me, i was able to get the howls way out there and have the coyotes respond. When i was'nt useing the bandit i was useing the Cronk screamer as my main hand call. Anyway thanks for a great product Rich C.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 04:35 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TA17Rem,
I am glad that the screamer is working well for you. Let me know what problem you are having with the howler and I will help you fix it. [Wink]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 06:28 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich the sound on the howler is to high for me, sounds more like a Elk buggle.. I have some time now and i will go out and practice a little more on it and see what developes.. Thanks

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 06:36 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Some pic's from my hunt.. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/IMG_0316.jpg[/IMG]]  - http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/IMG_0307.jpg[/IMG]]  - http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/IMG_0323.jpg[/IMG]]  -

[ December 30, 2006, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 07:13 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TA,
Nice coyotes and very good looking terrain. I may have to come see you. If you want to send that howler back to me, I'll either fix it or send ya a different one. Shucks, I might just send you a different one to try anyhoo. Which model do you have that is too high pitched? Buffalo or cow, reed protector or no. One piece model with voice carved into the horn? You name it T.A., I will fix ya right up and have fun doing it. [Smile]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 09:59 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich; i have the cow horn howler, with seperate mouth piece and reed protector. Like i said i will take it out and work with it first, if i can't get it right then i will send it back and you can look at it. I was makeing 20 to 30 stands a day with continus calling and it could of been me, getting soft mouthed.
The area i hunt has been seeing alot of callers in the last two years, and i don't see to many young ones, just the old smart ones and i believe they have heard just about every thing. I used to go out there for the numbers, but now i'm just happy if i can get a couple of the old coyotes.
As i was heading west i passed through an area that has a high coyote population and the coyotes in that area get chased around alot by the pick-up cowboys. Just out of curriosity i thought i would make a couple of stops and see if the coyotes there were callable. On the first stand i used the screemer and after 15 min. i had one comeing in. I spotted him at 500 and comeing hard, the only thing between me and him was a stock pond with a burm around it. If he came around the burm i was going to stop him and take the shot. Well just as the coyote was comeing according to plan, he comes around the corner of burm and hits the brakes and does an about face and takes off. At the same time i have a pick-up truck comeing down the road, end of game..Well any way they can be called here i just have to be a little more selective as far as stand placement goes....

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2006 06:28 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TA,
I know what you mean by getting "soft mouthed". [Smile] I have tuned more call this season than ever before. Now and then my lip muscles become so tired that my lips sort of collapse around the mouthpiece. Odd feeling ain't it? Speaking of the "screamer", I have known ever since I blew that very first one, that this little call was going to be a real killer on Iowa coyotes.

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 10:37 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly,

I'm still taking notes.

Keep it coming!

It's obvious we have no homers here at Huntmastersbbs!

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters