The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Surrender Monkeys/vote in poll (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Surrender Monkeys/vote in poll
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 03:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No Joe. The Dems are pandering to the peaceniks and the minorities, the dirty enviros and animal rights wackos.... and the illegals, (and who they wish to enfranchise)

Where I do not understand Bush is on border issues, and I seriously disagree on those policies. Get rid of stupid restrictions against profiling.
Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31671 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 03:17 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I probably agree with Bush less than most conservitives. however the cut and runners should be ashamed of themselves for not supporting our commander and chief during a time of war.many mistakes were and are being made , but we need to back our efforts 100%.young men and women are giving thier lives for this cause and anything less than victory is ludicrous.I also am not a general,but it seems that even the military is watching the political correctness monitor when kicking ass and taking names should be all they care about.sanitizing war for the 6:00 news should be of no concern.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 04:06 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
JD:Well hell Leonard, I`d say I support bush about 86.3% but when I say stuff like that all the Rush worshipers accuse me of hideous acts of liberalism, go figure.

I wouldn't feel bad about that,I would say you and Leonard are about where most Conservatives are including myself on there support for Bush.I don't think Rush and Hannity are 100% supporters of Bush.

But like Leonard said It could be worse ALOT WORSE.FWIW Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1655 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 05:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You gentlemen that voted for surrender want to explain yourselves, and (oh!) is it okay if I identify you? Email me your concerns and I'll probably keep your secret. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 05:12 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be a Dem. Why? Probably because my parents were. They were conservative Democrats. FDR types.
Different era back then.
When I first voted Republican in 1976, it liked to killed my mom and dad. But Jimmy Carter proved me right to them.
Voted Republican ever since.

Leonard, this is a darn fine discussion.
As far as the other 3?
You just have to chaulk it up to, "they dont know, they dont know". It seems that more and more libs are falling into this group.
I got nothing against them. They just dont know they dont know!
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 05:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
this just in from cyberspace:

Brain Dead

While visiting his niece, an elderly man had what was apparently a stroke.

She drove wildly to get him to the Emergency Room.

After what seemed like a very long wait, the ER doctor appeared, wearing his scrubs and a long face.

Sadly, he said, "I'm afraid that your uncle's brain is dead but his heart is still beating."

"Oh, dear," cried the woman, her hands clasped against her cheeks with shock.

"We've never had a Democrat in the family before!

[ March 27, 2007, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 05:22 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
L-O-L!!!!!

Good one! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
jspike1
PAKMAN
Member # 896

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 05:37 PM      Profile for jspike1   Email jspike1         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll admit that I voted the wrong way in this poll. After a 12 hr day I read the question the wrong way. I thought you were asking which of the two I thought dems were choosing. My mistake should've answered in the morning.

--------------------
I learn to hunt and hunt to learn. Joe

Posts: 2 | From: Garrett Co., Md | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 06:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Hutmasters, jspike1. Glad to have you on board...although it seems that you have been lurking for quite a while? You are forgiven, I probably could have worded the question a little more clearly?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

jspike1
PAKMAN
Member # 896

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 06:47 PM      Profile for jspike1   Email jspike1         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah Leonard I was just bushed. When I reread it the next morning I realized my mistake. I'm still a beginner so I have just been lurking trying to pick up some tips. I already asked most of my newbie questions on PM. Now I have reached a point of just staying in the background unless the conversation is about something that I know.

--------------------
I learn to hunt and hunt to learn. Joe

Posts: 2 | From: Garrett Co., Md | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2007 07:17 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I forget exactly who made this quote and the exact quote so i'll paraphrase:
If you are in your 20's and aren't a democrat you don't have a heart. If you are in your 30's/40's and not a republican you have no brain!

[ March 27, 2007, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: smithers ]

IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2007 05:39 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
I was in the same boat your in, sorta. My family are all strong democrats and view me as a blacksheep. But, at the same time, they are very religious, southern baptist. I ask about issues such as abortion, embrionic stem cell research, gay marriage, 2nd, ect... and they are republican as can be. But if you try and tell them that, they throw a fit about the fat cat republicans taking from the working man and giving to the rich. [Roll Eyes]

Its sad. Its a strong case of my daddy was a democrat as was his daddy and his daddys daddy, ect.... Bullshit. They dont realize the parties swapped values many years back.

My inlaws are democrats for another reason. My father in law is a union to the bone worker. We dont discuss politics. I dont like democrats or unions. So to get along, we dont talk about it. Her brothers and sisters are all druggers and on some sort of assitance. So you know they are democrat. They wait for the check on the thrid and for daddy to die. Thats their goals in life. I dont know how my wife turned out so good.

Anyhow, Im off the pulpit.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2007 06:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I go along with most of what you say, Andy. My parents were also Democrats....BUT, they saw the light, (both deceased) and changed their thinking, quite some time ago. I think Kennedy was the last Democrat they voted for?

Where I do not agree with you is on the value of Unions. That's one of those myths perpetuated by the Media, lazy bullet proof workers with huge wages. This country (and the American worker) owes a lot to the Labor Movement back in the twenties, much like the Civil Rights of the sixties. Child labor laws, work conditions, hours, benefits, etc. The fat cats didn't conceed those things because they had a heart of gold. Well, that's another subject, ain't it?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2007 07:05 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Cant agree on everything, eh LB? Probably best not to discuss it. [Cool]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2007 08:15 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Im sure unions outlived thier usefullness long ago , things just become institutionalized and we forget to throw them out when they are no longer needed. being a bussiness owner I can tell you that minium waqge is a joke .you cant overpay or under pay an employee.if you over pay you wont be around long , if you under pay , they won't be around long.nuff said
PM

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2007 08:36 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, very good post indeed.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 06:08 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Unions may have out lived their usefulness in your situation, but I couldn't imagine having to do my job with out a Union behind me.

Workplace safety was and still is championed by Unions.

My boss will frequently suggest that I complete a task by myself, knowing that the safety rules require me to have a second person present. Because of the Union, I can demand that he pay a second person to be with me.

Unions protect workers from being treated like shit from ******* bosses.

My former partner left the Union to go into supervision, He and I still make the same money at the end of the year, but he is now required to work 50 hours a week instead of 40, and he is no longer eligible for overtime. Not to mention that his Boss brow beats him on a daily basis and he now has to take his BS or face losing his job if he stands up to the little overbearing prick.

Unions help protect workers to be able to take time off that they have earned.

I recently heard my Boss tell a new meter reader, on a Friday morning, that he would have to cancel his vacation to following week, as he thought he "Might" need him. I grabbed the Union Steward and the Meter reader's daughters got to go and see Mickey Mouse as planned.

Your employees may not need a Union, but don't assume that everyone works for a good Boss. Some of us work for backstabbing little pricks who only care about the bottom line. If it wasn't for the Union, my Safety and the ability to receive the benefits that I earn, would sail out the window the first time they became inconvenient to the bottom line.

Edited for spelling

[ March 29, 2007, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 12:48 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim
Why on earth would you work for someone that would ask you to work in a unsafe manor or treat you like shit? I'd be gone in a New York minute.
PM
edited for spelling

[ March 29, 2007, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2007 07:27 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

I stay because I love the location and customer base where I work. My pay is based on the cost of living in Phoenix, but I work in an area with some of the highest unemployment, and one of the lowest costs of living in the State. ( Kind of like working on a re$ervation, only the drunks are more friendly and the women know how to cook )

An hour after I made my post this morning, he pulled another stunt. I'd love to tell you about it, but at this point too many attorneys are getting involved.

I'll be the first to admit, that Unions aren't perfect, the UAW got too big and is causing the demise of the Big 3. But there is ( Unfortunately ) still a strong need for Unions in this country.

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
newbomb
Knows what it's all about
Member # 888

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2007 12:11 PM      Profile for newbomb   Email newbomb         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim the International Association of FireFighters is also one of the "good" unions. With out it wages, time off, minimum staffing issues and health benifits would not be where they are today. I have been a union FireFighter for about 4 years now and although our small local is not very active we still reap the benifits of having a strong international.
Posts: 66 | From: southern indiana | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2007 01:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tim
Why on earth would you work for someone that would ask you to work in a unsafe manor or treat you like shit? I'd be gone in a New York minute.
PM
edited for spelling

Paul, (and Andy) a man has his own beliefs, and I wouldn't try to change yours. What I think is the problem in not taking your advice is that there exists a contract between the company and the collective bargaining agent, and it is Tim's belief that there is a violation of that agreement. Therefore, if he decided to leave in a New York minute, the all knowing and all powerful company would visit an injustice upon a good employee. Fortunately, in his case, at least he has somebody to pleade his case with the company which usually likes to opperate unilaterally, assuming every member of management never makes a mistake.

Without the union defending him, yeah, Tim would not have much choice, right or wrong. Most all large companies hate to admit a mistake, and there is seldom an oversight committee, so occasionally an employee can (and will be) disciplined unjustly. Large corporations would rather screw a defenseless employee than admit that a supervisor errored.

So, you have the Screen Actors Guild, The Airline Pilots Association, and many professional organizations that seem to duck under the radar because they avoid the stigma of a "union" label.

I think what has disappeared forever is the attitude of unions to DEMAND things unfairly from the corporate world. Things have a way of evening out, eventually.

On the other hand, the general attitude of the public is that the union member does very little and is paid a lot. In other words, a little jealousy might be involved, and a few employers that feel they can do everything they want, regardless of the ethics involved, without repercussion.

In other words, they sometimes mistakenly believe that they are God and the people that work for them are servants, discarded at whim.

Not always the case, but to think that the unions are always outrageous and the company is always benevolent is not a true picture of reality.

In a way, belonging to a union is like having a personal lawyer on retainer to look after a workers best interests. Does that seem unreasonable, worthy of contempt?

My feelings about this has changed 180º in the past 20/30 years and I have seen the light. I don't care what others think, but there is nothing evil in a collective bargaining agreement, to my mind.

My wife worked for a supermarket chain and belonged to the Retail Clerks Union. I once belonged to the I.B.E.W, while attending college at night. Anyway, she made fair wages and had good benefits and I never saw abuses, so I have a positive attitude concerning unions, in general. Maybe they ain't perfect, but occasionally they offer help when there is no other, and I think the days are over where they pursue an unworthy claim for an employee that has screwed up. Stealing will still get you fired, missing work because of unforseen (but valid) circumstances, won't.

Okay, I know you won't be convinced, but there it is. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2007 02:28 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

You just a hell of a great job of putting my thoughts into the written word.

Thanks,
Tim

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 14 posted March 31, 2007 03:07 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I work for a very large construction company, 180 employees.The company is none union, but we have all the benifits of a union company. The company works along the same lines as a union. We have a committee that we can complain to and they try to settle them in house. All employees are allowed three strikes agaist them, the three strikes are erased at the end of every year and if an employee gets a third strike he goes before the committee and then they take the final vote..
I do not care to belong to a union, but i do thank them for all they have done for the working man. And thanks to them the state of Min. has simular guide lines that the employer must follow, also MSHA and OSHA play a big part as well..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5184 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2007 03:32 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
The only problem I have with unions is that they like to tell you how you should vote on almost all issues and canidates. They can take a side because it may be most beneficial to them financially, bt it may also support something you morally despise.

Here is a link I was emailed recently. It is a black man, who is a veteran. He pretty much lays out the hypocrisy of the dems on this issue. If you get bored fast forward to the 7:00 minute mark where he pulls up quotes from Pelosi and Clinton urging the president to go to war.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Yc3wYJOtI

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2007 04:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
tell you how you should vote
You will find that middle class union members routinely ignore suggested candidates and issues. It's not like it used to be. And, guess what? Large corporations will tell there employees how to vote on issues, almost amounts to indoctrination sessions? I have been there, Amigo.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters