The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » St Francis (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: St Francis
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 08:11 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know how to post pics, but look for an email LB and post some if you want. This is my cousins farm. Very sad.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 08:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it sure is. I'll pick a few.

edit:

-

-

-

[ January 09, 2008, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31661 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JeremyKS
Knows what it's all about
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 08:31 AM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy that looks terrible, hopefully everybody was alright.
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 08:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

edit: Hmm? Andy just sent another email, says I have been there? I remember touring a farm in Missouri with him a few months ago, but it's unrecognizable here?

edit: oh wait. That first pic with the back of the car. I think I recognize that intersection? The other house would be up the hill on the left? Correct?

[ January 09, 2008, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 08:53 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Jeremy, thank god, he took his kids to see the Harlem Globetrotters in town. Probably saved their lives.

Quite a deal. He ropes and lost 4 of his ropin horses. I still dont know how many cattle. That twisted mess of steel and hay was an steel pole barn that he stacked hay around and had a semi indoor ropin arena in.

Just a bad deal.

--------------------
Andy

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 08:55 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
LB, I wrote that quick and wasnt clear. This isnt the same farm. Its close though.

I was trying to say this farm is near Waynesville and Waynesville is where I took you that evening.

Sorry for the confusion.

JD has been on this farm. He killed a deer there in November.

[ January 09, 2008, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 09:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that clears that up. Scary place, MO. Andy, you need to migrate to AZ, dealing with the undocumented is no problemo. All we have out here are fires and mudslides.

Trivia: did I ever mention that I'm distantly related to Jessica Alba by marriage?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 11:53 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, Those pics look pretty bad. But just remind them that everyone is safe and that's what is important right now. Everything lost can be replaced, and will be. Kent and Tami Constable are living in their new home right now, already, since losing theirs in May. Today is Kent's b-day and they're very excited at their new digs. We all learned a few things after their twister. For instance, the houses in your pic may very well be totaled. A house goes through terrific stresses during a tornado that compromises it structurally even though you cannot tell from looking at it. The furniture and clothes that look fine will be destroyed because chances are everything is full of microscopic shards of glass. Even the stuff we thought we'd salvaged were gotten rid of because of this.

That pic of the horse is disturbing. I feel bad for the animal, knowing what it went through.

After sitting for three days listening to our ice storm drop huge chunks of my trees on my house as it tried to rip us apart, I can only imagine the level of anxiety that comes from seeing your home in shambles. Hope all turns out well for them

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 12:22 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lance. Yeah, he realizes its only material and is thankful he took the kids to town. Normally they would have been home. Makes you wonder if it was blind luck or something more?

As for the horse, it was bad. Theres another pic, not posted, of another dead horse with his head stuck through a fence. Weird thing, Dave said all four dead horses were in the barn when he left. After the storm, they were all in an outdoor ropin arena, dead. Well, three were and one had its head stuck thru the fence from the outside. Two other horses were crippled and I havent heard if the vet is going to patch em up or put em down. There were also somewhere around 20 cattle killed or injured bad enough they had to be killed.

Tordados do strange things. He had a aluminum gooseneck horse trailer, with a dressing room in the front, that they found an axel out in the bottom and still havent found the rest of it.

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 01:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 04:38 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures never do give an accurate representation of the scene, but it looks like the farm with the horses pretty much took a direct hit, didn't it? Have they estimated the F-scale rating on that one yet? From the looks of things, I'd say between F-1 and F-2.

What always impresses me on the smaller ones - like this one and the one that hit Kent's - is that where the funnel traveled is absolutely obliterated, but fifty yards away, things will be undisturbed at times.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 06:18 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Like Andy said I was there 2 months ago & I can tell you it was a beautiful place with some beautiful animals, a real nice set up indeed & you`re right Lance, those pictures don`t do justice to the damage that was done. There are a lot of things that you don`t see in those pics because they`re just plain gone like the huge barn from the original homestead & the machine shed amongst other things.

The thing that catches my eye is that red iron structure that is mangled & laying on the hay piles, take a look at the imprint on the ground around that mess & you can see the size of the original structure, that red iron is some tuff stuff to be all twisted around like that not to mention that there isn`t a lick of the sheet metal to be seen, I`m sure most of it is a mile down the road. Damn tornadoes!!!!

Thank God they weren`t home.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Knows what it's all about
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 06:43 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy L I am sorry to hear and see your plase got torn up.

I did get home this afternoon
It was a great trip!
I will get some photos sent to loco to post tomarrow and try to wright a little after I get rested up.

Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 06:54 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Andy, that is some distruction. Glad your relatives weren't home and didn't get hurt at all.
Lots of work to be done and pieces to be picked up. Hope they find the will and power to carry on.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 09:25 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, glad all of the family is OK. The rest of it can be replaced.

We went through this kind of thing a few years ago, made national news with a hit on the college at Canton, Mo. and complete obliteration of Lima, IL. My son and I were taking an afternoon nap and it woke us up - quite a bit before it hit. No good reason, it just did. Monster tornado that passed to the north of the house. I got lucky and lost nothing more than a couple of windows and a tractor tire a few days later when I ran over a piece of somebody else's siding. What really scared the crap out of both my son and I was a call we got from my buddy on the fire dept. that night after dark warning us to take cover because of a pair of sighted and radared tornado's passing through. That was scary because it was completely dark and you could not really tell what was about to hit.
I thought I remained calm through all of this (for my son's sake) but he was very effected by the storms. For the next year or two he was very upset any time it stormed.
He's kind of cursed though, we lived in a different house on his second birthday and had a house full of people over and had shutters ripped off the house when a tornado hit with no warning, clear skies and all.

The real point of all of my rambling about past tornado exposure is a general comment on how good people are in this part of the country when it comes to wide-spread disasters. I've seen towns destroyed and complete traffic jams of people coming from miles away to help. Not running away, trying to come to help. Equipped to do so, too. Roadblocks set up to limit the incoming help to usable numbers.
Not a single person crying for help, certainly not a whiney assed mayor crying about where the Federal government was.

Truly impressive how folks in this part of the country have a tendency to dust themselves off and see who they can go help, regardless of their own losses.

I have no doubt it is the same in that part of Missouri, just sorry it had to hit so close to home.

[ January 09, 2008, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: JoeF ]

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2008 10:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, t'was a miracle it missed the tree swing!

-

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2008 05:22 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks folks for the thoughts. Ill pass them along.

Yeah LB, that old swing brings back memories. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters