The New Huntmastersbbs!
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Anybody suggest a good shrink? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Anybody suggest a good shrink?
Jack Roberts
Knows what it's all about
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2004 09:58 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
If nothing else all this discussion is a good excuse to stay indoors where it is warm. Winter has arrived in most more northern parts of the country.

New Years day winds in north Tahoe were 120+ and shut down the ski areas. A passenger train was stranded for 14 hours trying to get to Sacramento.

I can type on the keyboard, indoors, without gloves!!!!!!

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 04:22 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it was working fine last night for Lance, Norm, Jay, Leonard, My Mother, My Grandmother and my wife's best Friend. But I haven't seen anything from you.

Somewhere out there, someone has an address close to mine, and they are wondering why you keep sending them pictures of coyotes. [Eek!]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifter
PAKMAN
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 04:41 AM      Profile for Drifter           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I wasn't going to reply again, but maybe it's in order. I appreciate your willingness to treat each member here with respect, and to even protect them if needs be, but I don't think I need that. I only wished to keep any mud slinging at me from reaching other sites. I'm not here to instigate trouble; I was just surprised at some of the names and things I saw in this thread. I expected it from some, but others I did not.

Bruce, you're right. What happened back then is none of my business, but you sure seemed to think it was at the time. You even created a website to make sure everyone knew the "truth", and then e-mailed links to various individuals. You have my appologies for bringing up the past.

Steve, thanks for the prayers, and I'll work on that log. I'm as guilty as any of stirring trouble in the past, but I'm working on it. Like any of us, I'm sure J-H has his faults, but how do we justify posting the faults of another on the world wide web? It kinda goea along with "Judge not, that ye be not judged; condemn not, that ye be not condemned." or maybe "He who is without sin, let him first cast a stone....". There is room for improvement in any of us, I suppose.

Rich, my granddad always tells me that "a wise man isn't someone who knows it all. He's someone who will listen to it all and can then decide the truth for himself." Thanks for the reminder.

You all take care.

Posts: 4 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 06:02 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Morning Daryl,

"He who is without sin, let him first cast a stone....".
Actually the quote is "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
Apparently J-H is without sin as he launched the first missle. All of this has been in response to that.
Should have gone calling today. No rain, no wind. Much better than yesterday.

IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 06:19 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
And what state are you in today Rich; The wind is blowing pretty well on this side of i-17.. otherwise I would have taken some time to call... oh well, need to get the Christmas lights off the house and smoke up some ribs for supper.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 06:51 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,
You were right to stay home. I got busted so many times , yesterday by Pig hunters, that it was down right ridicules. They were everywhere. Well, at least everywhere I went or wanted to go. Just another reason I like to hunt during the week.
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 07:35 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, Tyler and I hunted with Norm yesterday and we ran into a couple of quail hunters in the morning and saw dove hunters in the evening. None of then interfered with us. The wind tipped me over once while standing up on a stand once yesterday. Wind was mostly steady, made the flags stand straight out, tumble weeds scudding across fields looking like coyotes on most stands. Lots of movement, lots of noise, few coyotes.
Norm, still calm and quiet here.

Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 08:09 AM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, I here ya on the winter arriving. I wanted some snow but this is more than I wanted. Have 24+ inches at my house and getting deeper. Been snowing on and off since New Years. The lower elevation open areas where I hunt have had high wind and made some nice 4-6 foot drifts. Some bigger. The plows are having a hard time keeping up. Putting a serious cramp in any calling efforts. Getting cabin fever. Seemed like just yesterday I was lounging in the pool. LOL!

Drifter (Daryl), over the last couple years I've been trying to mellow out a bit. Trying to just get along and be less confrontational. Didn't know when I first got a computer that I would be seeing a lot of these guys for years to come. Well, I kinda like em' and have no interest in arguing with them anymore. I still have a moment now and again but I generally just don't care about this internet stuff as much as I once did. Sure don't take it serious like I used to.

When it comes to our good friend JH, I've even quit getting digs on him for the most part. He ain't worth the effort normally. But when he fires one over the bow it's hard for me not to let my hair down again. LOL! The words just flow off the keyboard like a greased Quija board. My intention was not to offend any of the members at the blackboard. I'm sure there are a few good fellas there. Some very mislead but some that can see through the BS and just want to talk hunting. Most of the callers I have a lot of respect for, don't go there anymore. I take offense when they are insulted by the likes of Mr. H.

Anyway, I got this years mudball fired and will let it go. (Till the next shot over the bow at least. [Smile] )

Good hunting

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 09:10 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Norm, Did you say 17, as in .17? Wanna hear what I think about .17's? [Wink] Bwahahaha. (Whispering now...Between you guys and me, I've never shot one, only seen two in my life. But, knowing JH's affininty for those li'l buggers, I just couldn't resist yankin' that chain, too. Knew I was only gonna get one chance, so I might as well cover all my bases. [Smile] )

Rich, bad weather? Shoot. It's 'sneeting' here today. Quarter inch of eighth-inch ice balls on the ground. Twenty mph north wind. Spent the morning doing the first draft on this piece about what's-his-name and it turned out really good. I'm sure it'll be shot down as myth the day after it's published, but what the hell.

Seriously, I wanna thank each of you for your support for my writing and this particular piece. I don't realistically expect to see any of you covering my back at my next unplanned bar brawl (like I get into those), but it is good to know that there are some who don't totally regard me as a "mis-bred, hare-lipped idiot". (If JH knew me personally, he'd know that I'm INbred, not mis-bred. What the hell is mis-bred?!?) Many thanks.

Lance

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 09:20 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, I think he means that the milkman did more than deliver the milk at your parents house. [Smile] LOL

Dennis

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 10:08 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, I read that. Yet his friends come to this board to express their disappointment in our posts.
Gentlemen, where is your outrage over J-H's behavior?

In Lance's defense I must publicly declare that he is NOT a hare-lip. (I got your back Buddy)

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 10:34 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I think you have done the right thing letting this thread run its course...

In fact, I think this topic has been a good service to all of us out in interenet land who always wondered what the real scoop on the guy was. I know I have sure wondered why guys have been bailing off the JH bandwagon at such a high rate. I have heard talk for years that the guy isn't what he claims to be.

I've seen him be a total prick to many over the years and now to hear that he is a fraud and a backstabber to what were once friends is of no surprise. I sure haven't seen anyone respond to his defense and say that its all lies and bullsh!t. That to me says that there's much truth to whats been said about the guy. All I hear in defense is stuff like "We all have our faults", "Cast the first stone crap" and can't believe this talk would be allowed to happen on such a well thought of predator board(HM). Well, all it takes to stop it is start out with the truth and stick with it. When JH verbally beats up someone and sends them packing for not skinning a coyote and they find out later that he doesn't practice what he preaches. Believe me people want to see the chair kicked out from underneath him.

On a lighter note, I have decided I need to subscribe to T&PC.

[ January 04, 2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 12:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the support, Lonny.

I don't know what's the right thing to do, but sometimes I think I'm too kind hearted and forgiving. I (always) would rather bury the hatchet than continue a feud, with anybody.

But, in this case, after getting positive feelers a while back, and thinking that only pride stood in the way of nominal accord, perhaps even mutual respect? But, now this darkside crap gets launched across the bow.

And, when I mentioned to one of his former friends that I had heard of substantial mellowing on the part of the other party; it was made abundantly clear to me that such was not the case.

It takes a little reading between the lines, but I could see exactly where the man was coming from, in ridiculing the article: "I don't like Leonard, so anything he says is BS."

On a personal level, I am very happy that Vic and I have worked things out, and consider him to be a valued friend. The original feud involved Vic, but JH elbowed his way into the dispute, out of loyalty. That was years ago. And, thinking about it now, it was over nothing of importance.

Well, some people can put aside petty differences and patch things up, and some can't. I know that Vic probably gets a ration of shit for kissing and making up with such a hated enemy? I publicly salute him for his adult behavior, extending an olive branch, as it were? He's a decent guy, and he's my friend.

And, I'm not saying that to score points against JH. It's probably an extention of some of the thoughts expressed by Curt, in the above post?

I don't get on the boards to quarrel, I don't need that. I just want to make friends and talk about predator hunting. I don't have a desire to become famous, I'll leave that to others; more talented, more yearnings, more desire.

That's my views on the matter at hand, I'm not getting a lot of pleasure at his expense. I just wish he would grow up and quit being so judgemental. By all accounts, he's a lot of fun to hang out with; hail fellow, well met, etc?

Well, as someone else pointed out, we all have our faults, me included.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 06:53 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny, don't know if the Idaho state trappers association works the same way or not, but I get T&PC as part of my membership in the Utah trappers association. Not sure exactly what the difference in price would be, between my membership and a straight subscription, but it can't be much either way. And by being a member of the trappers group, I get to help them out a little (good bunch), and they also do a decent job in keeping me informed of local issues. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, it's a good deal for getting T&PC here though, I think.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 08:04 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link to Idaho Trappers Assoc.

This link will give take you to a list of most other States.

Joining your States Trappers Association is a great way to get both the Magazine, and help a bunch of great people who work hard to keep our hunting and trapping rights intact.

Idaho's membership is $20 per year with the magazine. The magazine alone is $18.95 For an extra $1.05 you get to have a voice in making sure that our way of life is preserved.

I spent quite a bit of time in various State House meeting with Legislatures. When the doors close, the first thing they want to know is how many members I was there to represent. Numbers speak loudly to these people.

[ January 04, 2004, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 14 posted January 04, 2004 09:02 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
DAA and Tim,

Thanks guys for the tip on joining the ITA and getting T&PC. I'd be glad to help support the ITA.

Thanks again.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 04:10 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Furthermore, a lot of state TA's hold fur auctions throughout the seasson as an outlet for their members' furs. In KS, that's a BIG plus since country fur buyers are hard to come by. They've done suveys here and also found that in the auction venue, the trapper/ hunter makes considerably more due to the competition that occurs between buyers for your furs.

Oh, and Rich, Mank mou mery, mery much. Mlad to mow momeone mas my mack. Our mecret. [Wink]

[ January 05, 2004, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 7 posted January 05, 2004 02:05 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
For those from the "Dark Side" who say I am not telling the truth, well read on, here it is in his own words:

quote:
John-Henry
Administrator
posted 01-15-2001 10:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am one of the best out there.
I think, anyhow; it would be a pretty sad commentary on my general competency if I weren't, considering that I've made thousands of stands over the last twenty years, and called thousands of coyotes.

-----------------------------------------------

He posted that January 15, 2001. In September 1999, while sitting at my kitchen table, he said he had killed over 2,000 coyotes, brought to the call. Those are his words, not mine. He doesn't have the credentials to critique the T&PC article, or Leonard, or Rich, or cdog.

You people on the "Dark Side", can't you read between the lines? If you are going to come over here and say anything, how about trying to defend him? Better yet, how about JH defending himself? If somebody said those things about me, and I thought it all not true, I would be saying something, Oh, I almost forgot, "He wouldn't lower himself to our class of people."

[ January 05, 2004, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: bucksnort ]

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 07:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I see that our friend remains in good humor; and perhaps it is well past the time to end our fun and games. Read on.

quote:

I'm just fighting an uphill battle against THE TRUTH, even though it's becoming common knowledge across the globe that I'm a fake, liar, fraud, and quite possibly a pedophile and practitioner of beastiality as well.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters