The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Where's Byron and Gerald? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Where's Byron and Gerald?
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 09:14 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, thanks for the response. And I appreciate the way you delivered it. I "sort" of know you and have formed a perception of who I think you are and who you think you are. I was looking for confirmation of those perceptions.

I asked the question of you to (1) see if and how you would reply, and (2) to see if I could forcast the response you would make. I must be a pretty good judge of character, because you fulfilled my predictions. Thank you for your courtesy.

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 6 posted September 29, 2006 09:33 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure your name is not Kreskin or the Mighty Carnac (may have spelled those wrong). [Wink]
Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 10:03 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for the good in people is an admirable quality. One that we can all respect.

Trying to effect change is an admirable quality as well.

But at all times we must keep in mind the old saw that says “those who fail to learn from history are destined to repeat it.”

We must also realize that we cannot effect change on anyone. In order for a person to change, that person must want to change. We can be a role model, we can offer guidance, but in the end, it is not we who cause the change, it is the individual wanting to change.

Many great men have gone on great and noble quest to seek the truth.

Don Quixote comes to mind.

AL

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 10:05 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I wasn't trying to put words into Gerald's mouth. Sorry if it sounded that way. That was a wise reply to Nasa's question.
quote:
I do not think I can solve this problem because it is controlled by variables outside of my control. Can I influence change....maybe, so I try.
I suppose I was forgetting how hurtful grievances are and how difficult they might be to forgive.

I too am going back to my corner to stay but I felt I needed to appology to Gerald and Nasa first. [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 10:14 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, you have spoken with all parties concerned, you have read hours of posts by all parties concerned. Have you arrived at a conclusion? Is this long post of this morning the final result of all your research? I would respect a basic conclusion based on fact. This mornings post skirts around the entire issue like a politicians speech. Tapioca pudding. What did you conclude? Have I defamed and wronged BS or was I ambushed?
IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 10:28 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, you`re right, I could have & should have said what I said without taking a jab at you.

Carry on gentlemen.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 11:12 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Admirable, JD. [Wink]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 11:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I still note; the principles on one side, appear to have a representative? Gerald is a good man, with honorable intentions; but I'm still thinking that somebody needs to step up to the plate....especially if all we can expect is a group hug?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 13 posted September 29, 2006 12:36 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
I was afraid that this might give the appearance that I was somehow going to come to a conclusion and boldly broadcast it to the world in a public forum. Since I have stated that this was for my purpose I had hoped that expectation would not be there.

Is that what is expected of me now? That I will have to choose sides and call one wrong and the other right. People are mistaken if they think I am a representative FOR anyone other than me.

I have phone calls into a couple of people and emails to others that have not born fruit yet. I am walking out the door to go to the deer lease to work on a deer blind and try and get away for a restful weekend. I will come back to the soap opera issue on Monday. Please don't sit by the computer with expectation of a "ruling". Till later....

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 03:08 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Returned you e-mail Gerald. Contact info is in there, call anytime!

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 03:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
"I was afraid that this might give the appearance that I was somehow going to come to a conclusion and boldly broadcast it to the world in a public forum. Since I have stated that this was for my purpose I had hoped that expectation would not be there." GS

Well, I don't believe anyone suggested that you must do that? Fact is, since bs and gg are keeping a low profile, it looks like they are willing to let you go to bat for them. This is what is known in legal circles are the "reasonable man" rule. LB

"Is that what is expected of me now? That I will have to choose sides and call one wrong and the other right. People are mistaken if they think I am a representative FOR anyone other than me." GS

Well, it is an honest mistake. To me, it looks like you are representing one side. However, I believe you when you say that you are not. Thanks for clarifying. And, you do not have to choose sides if that makes you uncomfortable. LB

"I have phone calls into a couple of people and emails to others that have not born fruit yet. I am walking out the door to go to the deer lease to work on a deer blind and try and get away for a restful weekend. I will come back to the soap opera issue on Monday. Please don't sit by the computer with expectation of a "ruling". Till later...." GS

Well, take your time. We don't expect a ruling anyway? That wouldn't be fair to you and potentially embarassing to others. What I'd like to see is some admission of culpability from somebody ? Of course, that takes balls, so it probably won't happen? Now, if you think I'm fanning the flames, that isn't the case. I'm just getting tired of the game. It's a dry hole. LB

edit: This just came across my desk.

18/40/60 Rule

When you're 18, you worry about what everybody is thinking of you.

When you're 40, you don't care what anybody thinks of you.

When you're 60, you realize nobody has been thinking about you, at all.

[ September 29, 2006, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 04:43 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was afraid that this might give the appearance that I was somehow going to come to a conclusion and boldly broadcast it to the world in a public forum. Since I have stated that this was for my purpose I had hoped that expectation would not be there.
That is what I expected and hoped for, a mediator acceptable to both sides that would review all posts on both sides and announce a conclusion that may influence one side or the other to take the appropriate steps to resolve this.
Gerald, I apologize to you. I did what I accused you of. I inferred something that you did not imply. My mistake. I spent 2 hours on the phone believing that I was providing information to you toward that end. I had no idea that I was simply satisfying your personal curiosity.
That smacks of voyeurism and now I feel cheap and violated. There is a tear in my eye as I type this. [Smile] (sob)

[ September 29, 2006, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 10:50 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
BS - Texas
GG - Texas
GS - Texas

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2006 06:38 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty difficult to match the pointlessness of the post above, but I'll give it a try...

Brian Bosworth - Oklahoma
Dr. Phil - Oklahoma
Rhett Bomar - Oklahoma
Pretty Boy Floyd - Oklahoma
Dennis Rodman - Oklahoma
Barry Switzer - Oklahoma

[ September 30, 2006, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2006 06:43 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 30, 2006, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2006 06:49 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
State war Andy? Hardly. I'd have made that last post if I'd have been from Oklahoma myself.

Pointing out those three people all happen to be from Texas has no merit, is inflammatory at best given the situation, and in my opinion is totally pointless.

If there was a relevant point to the earlier post, I'd certainly love to hear it.

[ September 30, 2006, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2006 06:58 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, being from the North East, and living in NH, 3 guys from Texas could be the same thing as one from Vermont, one from NH and one from Maine.

Heck, I can drive from one end of NH to the other in 3 hours. Barrign any snow. Or state troopers [Smile]

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2006 06:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There are many people in the dark on this thread, and it's probably better that way?

Don't expect much in the way of further illumination.

Instead, the jungle drums carry threats of lawsuit.....once again. What a surprise!

Pretty pathetic, eh?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2006 07:18 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Lawsuits? That is pathetic.

Too bad. I think the truth is whats right and should be told.

Some folks gotta hide behind their attorneys. Its their security blanket....

[ September 30, 2006, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2006 09:31 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
So this whole post wasn't about right or wrong, getting both sides of the story, and mending fences?

Please don't tell me it was a one sided show, because of vested intrest? The thought of that just turns my stomach.
[Mad]

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2006 11:47 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Barf bags for everybody. [Frown]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 12:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know what to tell ya, AY? I sure thought we were going to get to the bottom of it. Now, it seems that it was all a hue and cry just to satisfy a personal curiosity? It never was to (boldly) clear the air, (boldly) set the record straight, (boldly) call a spade a spade, etc........................................

Okay, I fell for it, too.

Now, psst! (from the grapevine) we even have a moderator from another board doing his level best to torpedo our campout by discouraging folks from attending. Disgustedly; I just have to ask, how can these guys sleep at night? How low can you get!

Remember, THERE WILL BE NO BOARD WAR! I will not allow it, on this end. And, I expect that concerted efforts to encourage the brain trust on a certain message board to bankroll a "personal" lawsuit, will be fruitless. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 9 posted October 01, 2006 03:21 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, pass me a bag please.....

I honestly cant believe this. Dont know what else to say. Its really discouraging that certain parties are going to come away unscathed and people are not going to know the truth about this whole thing. Terrible.

As for the mods torpedoing the campout, I dont see that happening. Anyone thats a crossposter that they get too shouldnt be there anyway, IMO. Pretty weak if you let a mod dictate what you do on your personal time. Honestly I wondered about that when the campout was first mentioned and alot of single digit posters jumped in.....

--------------------
Andy

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 06:16 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with a civil Lawsuit is that almost ALL evidence is allowed. The rules of evidence are not as strict as you see in a criminal action. If the plaintiff fails to prove the truth of his accusations, said plaintiff loses credibility with interested party's. If the plaintiff is a business man, he risks losing customers should his lawsuit fail. It is necessary for the plaintiff to be ready to prove the truth of his accusations if he wishes to stay in business.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 09:06 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rich you are right. As the attorneys say, you can sue a ham sandwich. Frivolous lawsuits are common.
However for a plaintiff to prevail in a defamation suit he must prove that the injurious statements are false and that the lies were intended to do harm. To collect damages one must show that the false statements actually caused harm.
I see no problem. Simply state fact that can be substantiated. In this case it leaves not a narrow path to be traversed, but a broad road.
One more consideration. I know a man who is in the initial stages of a somewhat similar lawsuit against a sportsman's organization. In Az. the suit must be filed in Superior Court and his up front attorney's fee was $20,000. He has used $11,000 of that so far and the case hasn't even been heard yet.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters