The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Question (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Question
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 05:11 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Damned 2D world.... [Wink]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 05:15 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
For a few exceptions there seems to have been a pattern of what type of folks are getting band on PM, and most end up here.

Seems to be the up front, call it as you see it, honest, non-butt kiss'n type a folks. That are generally perty knowledgable, so much to the point...."If'n ya can't top them, kick them"

You have new powers to be and they are getting thier feet wet at powering I guess.

And in the discussed post its already being heavy handed, and to boot its not the spokes person, spoking, its the advertising fella?

Bottom line, this board is gaining allot of top quality fellas, and I'll continue to sit back, read and learn here...........and collect an occasional call. [Big Grin]

Welcome aboard Jim.

Todd

[ July 20, 2006, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Alaskan Yoter ]

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 05:32 PM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
I've always had(have) alot of respect for River. After all he's just one of us. He mounts animals [Wink]

Dennis

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 05:48 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
After all he's just one of us. He mounts animals
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] I just told that joke yesterday.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 06:11 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard Jim.

You busted your ass at PM for many years and helped a bunch of people get the hide off of a dead critter. I'll buy you a beer.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 06:16 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Or, if beer ain't your style, I'll buy you a nice shot of Beam [Smile] .

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 06:28 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Jim, you will bring some much needed class to this motley group.
"WOW.....my ears been ringing for a week. I wondered where it was all coming from.

You guys got room for another anti-PM'er? I'll try to behave but I'm dying to pour it all out."

We will all appreciate hearing "the whole story".

[ July 20, 2006, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

IP: Logged
canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 07:28 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jim, good to hear from ya.

I am one that agrees as well that things are goin south over at PM. I have seen many big named ol'timers banned from there. Hell, i remember the first person to ever reply to one of my first posts was Leanord.

Rich H., I consider myself lucky i get to hunt with Brent (KeeKee) all the time. He has helped me become a better hand caller, which i appreciate.

JD

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Plumbrich
PAKMAN
Member # 578

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:04 PM      Profile for Plumbrich   Email Plumbrich         Edit/Delete Post 
If I come over here is that Higgins guy gonna be allowed to call me Plumbitch? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Without Plumbers there would be alot more CRAP in the world

Posts: 7 | From: Woodville AL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:15 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious to hear your take, Jim, but I suspect that'll trigger a jihad board war from hell. Better give us the PG-13 version first.

Oh, and welcome to the lighter side.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
River Runner
Member # 880

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:43 PM      Profile for River Runner   Email River Runner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm probably going to bring more traffic to this place with this post then anyone ever imagined.  -

Their watching me like hawks right now. Spying on my forum and tattling to one another what I do blah blah.

Here's the skinny.....pull up a chair.

Way back around the last PM Hunt, a member approached me about publishing a Predator Masters magazine. I'm sure you all know who I'm referring to, if not you will before I'm done.

I had a really hard time buying the fact that we could make this fly, but I was more then willing to listen....and listen is what I did for almost two months before I approached my partner who would have to agree also before we went any further.
I was convinced that this could be a good situation for all involved if we could get the support to make it go.

By that I mean the support of the moderators.
Ya see...one thing about PM is we...(RB and I) as owners, always gave the moderators the power to pass or veto absolutely anything with the power of voting.
In other words if they decided they felt it was a bad idea, then we simply can the idea. The same went for banning a member or anything, majority vote was held for everything.

Most of the mods were FOR the magazine but they were completely opposed to the idea of bringing in the individual whom confronted me at first with the idea, as another owner, because he was bringing 50 G's to the table to help launch this thing, AND he already had connections with publishers from In-Fisherman, etc.
Greed like you have never seen in folks you would have never suspected, started to set in. There were accusations, assumptions, name calling labeling, and on top of it all, every mod in the place claimed to own the board. They all assumed RB, myself and the new additon to ownership were asking them to please work for us and make us rich.

Which is kind of funny because we were offering to pour every bit of the income back into them as a wage for their participation with the magazine AND the board. Some of them just insisted that they owned the board and that they should be allocated profits from this thing.

RB and I had pretty much decided that this was not going to work and to just call the whole thing off since ever mod want to kick in a chunk of money and hope like hell that the measly 10 grand that they would accumulate would launch the magazine.

Our worst fear was launching it and not being able to fund it with that kind of money, and that's why we wanted the other investing owner.
And his only stipulation to bringing 50 G's to the table was that he be brought in as an owner to protect his investment....understandable.

It was about that time that ole BS decided to start his own three ring circus and typed up a letter to ALL the moderators to boycott the entire idea, and that he had connections to the magazine industry providing him with the same resources.

But.... [Big Grin] I'll be damned if the feller didn't mess up and accidently include an admin in his bulk e-mail. LOL....now things really take a twist.
Clearly a mutiny has been formed between the five administators and the 15 moderators. No one is talking to no one in a civilized maner and every little flake of trust or comradry went right out the door with BS's letter.

Ohhh wait it gets better [Razz]

About that time, while were trying to retain some order from that, a staff member comes forward and decides that the individual whom the admin wants for a third owner... is guilty of poaching during the last PM hunt.
[Roll Eyes] Holly christmas balls....what next?

With no stance to take, we decided to remove both individuals from staff until until something was proved or more information came forward.

No more information came forward and the mutiny group of moderators voted the accuser back in. 5 admin and 15 mods...we was kinda wooped.

Even though at any minute the admin could have dropped the hammer we held tight and let the power of vote decide on everything.  -

Ahhhhhhh look what he did and YOU want him in as a third owner? WHY WHAT IN THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? Your all crooked, we seen it coming a mile away, he's going to jail, he'll never see the light of day again. Now where were we? A couple of the mods even contacted the federal authorities, and the San Carlos *********** .

Just for the record by the way...to this day, the supposedly crooked poacher has not been charged with a single solotaire thing.

Anyway....The already anti-admin group of mods had decided it was time to hold an election and do some house cleaning.
This is where the power of vote that we gave them kicked us right in the a$$.

Kermit the frog decided that he wanted to be the spokesperson because it was an admin position and he can't stand the existing administrator that holds that position.
Ole BS says he can sell banner ads because it's an admin position and he worked in the oil fields and edits his own videos. [Roll Eyes]

I said you can't pick your positions because they need to be voted on. THAT was the dumbest thing I ever said. They could put who ever they wanted to in those positions because they had admin out numbered better then three to one. Kermit told me directly that thier intentions were to disarm admin and to avoid a similar situation in the future.
I said...not on my watch.

I knew what was coming...
Their going to resubmit PM as non profit so that Ole BS and his pet Kermit can launch and expand their business's without being labeled as pimps.

Kermit wants to start a predator hunter store, North of the border style. Told me that himself. And ole BS plans to exploit himself Randy Anderson style, through PM...and what better place to do it then from the front seat.
I can hear it now. Hiiiiiya I'm BS!...I run PM!

Ya see when RB and I ran the place we weren't registered as non profit, but I can personally guarantee no one made a dime from any of it. In fact every last penny of it went right to Wells Fargo and was used to pay for server costs, upgrades etc. I know what your thinking, there must have been a pile of money somewhere. Well there was. At Wells Fargo and we were going to dump it into the next hunt by purchasing some custom rifles to raffle off.

I told them to go ahead with their elections but to include my position in the running, because I refused to be a part of that circus.
What I got back was, were not voting on your position because your an owner administrator and we need you.
My reply to every phone call after that was, my name is not going to be on that place with the intentions that they have for it.

They had the elections, voted me into my own position and I called an attorney to have myself removed from the business.

You guys who advertise over there....you haven't seen nothing yet. Just wait until you get a taste of what Ole BS has in store for his new Non profit front.

When ever I tried to post in the general membership, why I was leaving it would get deleted. I finally said...fine remove me period.

Someone on here asked about those threads. The one that caused so much conflict, and I have no idea why it did, is right here in it's entirety...
River's last post on my FinsandFur domain.

Whewwwww, I need a drink of water and my fingers are bleeding. [Razz]

[edited] I removed one comment that I may not have the resources to back.

[ July 25, 2006, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: River Runner ]

Posts: 10 | From: SW Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:44 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little late on the post due to some food sickness...but I swear, last night, between shits, I was watching Blue Collar Comedy Tour and they did a skit on aliens.

The three of them were abducted by aliens. They all had mullets. One of them even had a do-rag (sp). I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't this Glen Guess guy. When I woke up this morning, all I had to do was "Google" his name and I am now positive it was him. The SOB is everywhere on the net!

Damn, Riverrunners came up a minute before mine, I'm sure I won't get any comments.

[ July 20, 2006, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Brad Norman ]

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joel Hughes
SPECIAL GUEST
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:45 PM      Profile for Joel Hughes           Edit/Delete Post 
It is most definitely disappointing to see the bannings, suspensions, etc. Being around the boards for a few years, you learn who to skip on down to and read every word, and who's words to take with a grain of salt.

BTW...DAA, that oughta get some more fun conversation going over there! LOL And on your 2000th post too! I hope to continue to benefit from you knowledge and experience over here.

Posts: 145 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 08:54 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, listen not to Lance, cdog, cooler heads are boring. Damn the torpedos, Jim, full speed ahead. [Big Grin]

Rich Baxter, plumbrich, I think at first I'll just call you friend. Besides you've got a dandy first name. [Smile]

varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:02 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave. I have always said I wonted to step in you're tracks. I just did. I pulled my banner ad on PM right behind you.

Maybe one day I will get to do it for real.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:08 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Well the fur is about to fly over there. RR, I am glad you explained it.
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:10 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Good Lord, Jim. Brad, Joel and I were typing as you posted. What an incredible soap opera.
So what was the decision concerning the magazine?
What was the name? PM Magazine? MORE BS BY BS?

yuccabush
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:13 PM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the explanation. You could tell something was up with how some of those mods would gang up on certain folks.
Guess must be buckin for a position over there.

I'm glad now that I have never spent a dime on a BS product.

Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:17 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally had enough and posted right behind Dave over there asking them to remove me from their membership. I mentioned something about assholes and can no longer log in.

I have always said you need to beware of Texans...Ronnie excluded.

[ July 20, 2006, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Brad Norman ]

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
River Runner
Member # 880

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:21 PM      Profile for River Runner   Email River Runner         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think we even made it far enough to come up with a name Rich, but I'm sure if they venture into it themselves it'll be something pertaining to the Ringling Bros.
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:22 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
So who exactly owns PM now?

Would you expand further on the advertisers situation?

Thanks

Al
THO Game Calls

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
River Runner
Member # 880

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:35 PM      Profile for River Runner   Email River Runner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, RB is legally the remaining owner. But Kermit insisted to me that, that doesn't mean diddly.

I'm assuming what he meant is he is rendered powerless under the their power of vote.

Advertising...There was major talks of hiking it up to a competitive price range to cover the magazine without the need of outside funds.
What's competitive? And through who's eyes?
I know 24hour campfire charges close to 10 grand for a spot.
Go non profit, and they all look innocent through the price hike. [Roll Eyes]

brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:41 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for clearing that up in detail Jim.

Joel, I've noticed the same thing. There are people over there that for various reasons you could scroll right on by their posts and not miss a beat in the thread.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 09:55 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Man that was fast. Brad's, Dave's and my requests to have our banners pulled on PM have already vanished.

Someone asked the Mod's what was going on a we were vaporized.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:19 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation. Its gotta feel good to get THAT off your chest. Things are really phucked up over there.

Too bad Leonard isn't here.

Anyway, the beer and Beam is on me.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters