The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Huntmasters Campout (Oct. 20-22) (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Huntmasters Campout (Oct. 20-22)
varmit hunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 06:23 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
I am really going to try and make this one. Sort of in a deep hole in the trail right now. need to see two Doctors, But they are both are going to wont to do two different surgeries. NO MORE SURGERIES........ I will either make it as is, or wont make it period.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 07:19 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately I missed last year's campout but I'm hoping to make one eventually -- possibly this year's. I'm waiting to hear on a buddy getting UT-Nebraska football tickets for us that same weekend in Lincoln. I'd say I'm 50/50 at this point.

The Phoenix/Tucson area is great. Used to do a little visiting and shooting in the area a few years back. I'm sure anyone who goes is going to have a great time, just pack some bug spray in case you repeatedly bump into sheep.

[ August 19, 2006, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 07:20 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
LB most elagantly posted:

It's really not that far, had one from Pennsylvania, last year. Now, they have some die hard hunters in that state.....can't shoot for beans, but they are eagar and enthusiastic!

[Roll Eyes]

Now behave yourself Leonard... if I can't make it, I will surely send a replacement... Just For You [Wink]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 09:24 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard; I won't be comeing to the camp-out, sounds like you are going to have a pretty big crowd and i'm not much for crowds. Plus i have the NAPA invatational pheasant hunt comeing up and the I.P.C hunt, and a coyote calling contest in S.D. and a few coyote hunting trips. Besides someone has to stay home and watch the sheep, right Tim B.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5070 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 10:24 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

I pretty much despise crowds myself. I turned down FREE Diamondback tickets AGAIN yesterday, simply because the games are held in Phoenix.

This hunt is my one yearly exception to crowds, and I can't say that I could ever think of this bunch of guys as being a crowd. Everybody splits off and goes hunting from sunrise to sunset, and you end up with only two nights of some of the most entertaining campfire conversations ever to be found.

That's why I try to discourage guys who want to come and stay in a motel. The Huntmasters campout is different from any other contest or board hunt that you will ever find. Guys who are absent from Supper to bedtime, miss the very essence of these gatherings. It isn't about the coyotes, it's about the coyote hunters, and everyone goes home with the same great door prize: Friendship.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 10:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shari, I wasn't talking about you! I know you can shoot. That was just a wild accusation that was flung around in the past, (about eastern hunters, in general) and we had a little fun with it. Like "PAMPASS KNOW-IT-ALLS"

You know, I saw a pair of pink camo pants a week ago, or so and thought of you. And, it wasn't in a sporting goods store; just a regular department store.

Good hunting. LB

edit: Ronnie, Trip and TA. all you guys, hope your plans work out in our favor.

edit: yeah, Tim's right. You don't get a sense of "crowds", but the campfire discusion is worth the price of admission.

[ August 19, 2006, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31466 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 10:49 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
lol... I know that Leonard!! [Big Grin]

btw... did you buy yourself a pair??!!?? I just KNOW you would look Darling [Wink] in them... hehehe

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 11:23 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard; put me down for the camp out. Someone else will have to watch the sheep. Whats the easiest city to fly into and get out of? I will proably get a rental. Do you have a national guard armoury nearby i will need a duece and a half.

[ August 19, 2006, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 05:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
TA, I'll pencil you in....and you can camp on the fringes. (less crowded, right)

If I were to guess, the best price would be Phoenix, but it's not always logical? I once flew to Tucson by way of Phoenix and it was cheaper than just flying to Phoenix? Doesn't make sense? But, the answer is....whatever is cheaper!

Good hunting. LB

edit: you have access

[ August 19, 2006, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 06:06 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard. The wife changed my mind, she said i needed a vacation, women, who can understand them?

--------------------

Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 06:11 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Leonard, I'll have to cancel due to a change of plans. I'm now heading to S.C. Minnessotta for the weekend.

(Don't kill me Tim... it was too easy) [Big Grin]

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 12 posted August 19, 2006 06:22 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats ok JRB. i must warn you, look out for the browning buckmark.I think she loves that gun more than men.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2006 07:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sancho's only going to Minnesota? There will be a lot more lonely women folk to please....if you're up to it?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2006 08:44 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim B. if its not too much trouble could i get you to show me around abit when i get out there.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2006 10:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about that, TA. Everybody that needs assistance will get it. The local expert is Higgins, actually. I don't think Tim is very familiar with this area? Anyway, it's hard to go too far wrong.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2006 10:21 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Leonard. Thanks

--------------------

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 07:44 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The local expert is Higgins, actually.
Yup, I know enough about the place to get us all lost. [Smile]
TA, we will get you hooked up.

IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 01:27 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to make the campout. Are there any openings left. Randy
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 01:33 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Only if you bring a couple kilos of smoked 'gator tail with you! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 02:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you are in, RagnCajn.

Member # 879

Not much going on right now, except inquiries about the menu and such?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 02:56 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Gator tails could be had. I was kinda thinking some fresh gulf shrimp. RShaw might could enlighten you on those.
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 03:58 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see your coming to the hunt Randy.

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 04:18 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
I have eaten a gulf shrimp meal prepared by Randy. I have also eaten alligator tail. In my opinion and in my area, Randy's gulf shrimp is the winner hands down.

Randy

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 07:43 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,

I make a hell of a good Beer batter for shrimp and onions, shall I bring the cooker?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 08:03 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna regret missing this one.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters