The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hello, ACC (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Hello, ACC
brad h
Knows what it's all about
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 04:14 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
I know him, and met him at a hunt a couple years ago. He's a good guy.

Brad

(edited to add)

[ August 24, 2006, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: brad h ]

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Baa1
PAKMAN
Member # 930

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 04:20 PM      Profile for Baa1           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
I actually didn't mean to sound like a troll. Sorry about that. I just happen to like the true proffesional callers like Cal Taylor and Rich Higgins. I can't help it if I like sheep so much either. [Smile]

Posts: 8 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 05:46 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Refering to coyotes as yotes, disrespectful. WOW. I never new that. Man, one time I read this book on "The Eastern Coyote" and then I talked to the biologist that wrote it and he too refered to them as yotes during casual conversation. Now I know with my newly acquired BS finder that this guy was an amateur disrespecting nobody and he was from the east to boot. I think I will expose him for what he is now. Can't believe I was taken like that.

You must have been talkin to Bill Fartz....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ACC
Member # 903

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 05:50 PM      Profile for ACC           Edit/Delete Post 
No, was not Bill. Gerry Parker was his name.

ACC

[ August 24, 2006, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: ACC ]

Posts: 41 | From: It takes a whole lot of liquor to like her! | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 07:50 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
ACC, if Brad stands up for you, that is good enough for me. Brad is rock solid. For that reason I will post only positive replies to your posts and try to help you achieve your goal of becoming a famous coyote caller. (or yote ler if you must)
First thing we got to do is get you off that cheap liquor (it made you misspell liquor in your sigline) and it undoubtedly plays havoc with your deductive processes. Maui Wowie is much better.
Second we have to get your persona on a coyote video with lots and lots of dead coyotes while you explain to the viewers exactly what they just watched.(you have to hope that they drink Wild Turkey also)
This is best done behind the locked gates of Texas Ranches where the coyotes run to the squeaking brakes of the ranch truck.
It is possible to find the neccessary densities of virgin ears in remote third world regions such as Mexico or Alberta, but frankly most viewers would have a hard time believing that so many coyotes can be that stupid. (have to consider public plausibilty don'tcha know)
After a couple of such videos we will approach every manufacturer of every product remotely related to predator calling and demand that they sponor our next endeavor or we will take our business to their major competitor and promote the ***** out of their products.
How's it sound so far? Visualize your face on the cover or a bazillion DVDs and your name on the lips of legions of adoring fans.
Better start practicing autographs.

IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 08:01 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So......how famous does somebody need to get for the groupies to show up??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 09:21 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,
Just to clarify. I'm not sure who ACC is, and I choose not to speculate. I thought I'd throw the gunslinger a fair welcome before bullets started flying.

Alberta Coyote Caller I can vouch for if it's the same person I think it is. I'm under the assumption he just registered under his common board name leading to Leonard's inquisition.

Unless Leonard received some inside info I know?

Brad

(edit) Nevermind...One of these days I'll figure out 2+2 before the buzzer rings. [Roll Eyes]

He's alright.

[ August 24, 2006, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: brad h ]

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ACC
Member # 903

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 10:13 PM      Profile for ACC           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Higgins,

Sometimes my fingers are going faster than the old noodle on top of my shoulders. The critiquing of my spelling is most welcomed. It will get me past the dipshit stage I have been awarded here so far.

Please tell me more about fast tracking to stardom. Who has experience in this that could mentor an angry amateur such as myself.

ACC

Posts: 41 | From: It takes a whole lot of liquor to like her! | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
ACC
Member # 903

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 10:15 PM      Profile for ACC           Edit/Delete Post 
Brad H

I do appreciate the fair and warm welcome. What is it that you do in the Oil industry?

ACC

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 7 posted August 25, 2006 08:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, ACC is one of us "Pampass know-it-alls" and deserves our respect.

Quit picking on the guy!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2006 09:08 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I aint pickin on him. He just made one hell of an entrance, you have to admit!! [Razz]

No hard feelins on my part ACC, welcome....

--------------------
Andy

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2006 06:38 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys welcome him if you want, but I have no use for a guy whos first post was accusing me of playing in another mans britches. So as far as I care, ACC you can kiss my ass.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ACC
Member # 903

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2006 07:10 PM      Profile for ACC           Edit/Delete Post 
Cal Taylor,

Fair enough. We know where each other stands then.

ACC

[ August 25, 2006, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: ACC ]

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2006 06:13 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats where I stand, unless you care to explain where it was that I insulted you to cause you to come here with your first wonderful post. As far as I remember, I don't remember you. So correct me if I'm wrong, and I have done something to deserve your wrath. Did I visit the great white north and insult the motherland somehow? Or can you find the posts where I said something personally about your sister? If so, I will apologize profusely, but I don't remember insulting any squareheads in the last decade or so. I was up there moose hunting a couple years ago, but stayed in camp and didn't wander to town and cause any trouble so I am at a loss as to why you came over here to troll through.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
PAyotehunter
Member # 764

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 06:59 PM      Profile for PAyotehunter   Author's Homepage   Email PAyotehunter         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, I must be an amateur!
I just learned there is a fast track to the realm of coyote hunting experts. I also learned that I may offend some by referring to a coyote as a yote. I guess my "handle" is offensive and just goes to show my amateurism. [Razz]

I have a serious question now.
What's the deal with Bill Martz??
I hear alot of "talk" on here about him. I saw a video from him and the impression I got was this guys an azz hole.
Did anyone ever hear of Tom bechdel??

Somewhere in this thread I was talking about coming to the campout.
I won't be able to make it. [Frown]

Posts: 57 | From: Northeast PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 07:21 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
PAyotehunter, I believe that this is the only board that hasn't banned Bill Martz. He breezes through here now and again. It's always entertaining.
I hunted with Tom Bechdal in Pa. a couple of years ago.
You shouldn't worry too much about your handle. Some guys can get away with it, especially if they can call in NorthEastern coyotes.

IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 07:35 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems I hit a hot spot on the yote thing. Dont really care too much, but its true. If you watch, not always, like I already said, but most of the time, the guys that are the real deal dont use slang for coyotes. They call them what they are.

--------------------
Andy

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 07:41 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
We also call them Brush-wolves

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5066 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 07:47 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Andy's thinkin [Big Grin] . I have always, out of respect for one of the craftiest critters huntable, called a coyote, a coyote [Big Grin]

So does that make me an official pro or real deal
or am i just bein a dipshit here [Eek!] [Big Grin]

JD

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 08:06 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well i dont think your a total dipshit JD. Just kiddin. But i do admit that i have the same repect for the coyote, but i am guilty of calling the animal a yote. See what happens when you set back and absorb all you can. You learn shit that usualy is hard to pick up. I never would have known. I cant wait till that campout. It will be an expieriance for me that i will like alot.

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Clint
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 08:20 PM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
i am guilty of calling them worst. mostly things that i cant spell.
Clint

[ August 30, 2006, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Clint ]

Posts: 148 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 08:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just for clarity. I also (much) prefer coyote. I do not like the term "yote" at all, never use it.

However, (NOTE) there are no rules on this Board, call them what you want; but be prepared for an occasional sour look from the PC crowd. [Razz]

I quite often refer to a coyote as a dog, as in:

"I hunted all morning and saw three dogs and a cat".

We have had a number of opinion threads, in the past on what is the most irritating nick name for a coyote.

Usually, "song dog" beats "yote" although I'd be hard pressed to choose between them.

I'm afraid what has been said is true. Experienced coyote hunters do seem to downgrade folks that use the term; "yote". Might not be fair, but that's the way it is.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 09:35 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take yote over making it a 3 syllable word. Unless you are speaking spanish where 3 syllables is normal.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 09:37 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I always refer to them as coyotes unless I miss one i've shot at, then I usually call it every cuss word in the book.LOL [Mad] Good Hunting Chad
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 11:31 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm afraid what has been said is true. Experienced coyote hunters do seem to downgrade folks that use the term; "yote". Might not be fair, but that's the way it is.
It doesn’t bother me to call raccoon’s coons or Opossums, possums or Prong Horns “Goats” but I cannot get use to the word “yote.” I know it is just a harmless nickname but it drives me nuts. LOL

Come to think of it, I hate it when coyotes are called coyoteeees also. LOL I have it bad I guess because when I read a post that refers to coyotes as yotes I completely lose interest in what they have to say and move on to another thread. Yes, I stereotype people that use the term.

I really don’t think that calling a coyote a “yote” is meant to be or is disrespectful but when I hear it I just think of an arrogant, mouthy little punk playing coyote hunter behind a monitor. That and maybe it is because it is all of the “Internet hunters” that I despise the most use it exclusively. LOL

All of my mentors and all of the people I respect as great coyote men never use the term casually. Right or wrong “yote” is not going away. It is the new hip word on the street maaaaaan. LOL

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters