The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Advice on WT Sounds (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Advice on WT Sounds
Clint
Knows what it's all about
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 09:35 PM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang Tim are you two related? [Wink]
Posts: 148 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 09:35 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
TA17Rem,
Don't worry, I can guarantee you that I'm more qualified to test Bill's caller over you. Do you know what bit-rate and kHz even is? I thought JRBhunter taught you everything you know about hunting, and now your a self proclaimed professional? I know, you have half the year off or something like that now and have all the time in the world to surf the net and go kill dogs, good for you. You're right about one thing though. Bill doesn't have to prove anything...his past is doing it for him...That he's a liar!

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 05:04 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
" By the way, the 900Mhz band is allowed to use at least 30 times more power then the 418Mhz band. But why is it that our 418Mhz design is as good as their 900Mhz design as far as range?"
------------------------------------------
Bill,
I am surprised that you made that statement. I will now have to go out and do a side by side remote control test. I will be shocked if I find that your claim is true. It will be sort of fun to report my findings right here on Huntmasters though. [Wink]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 06:01 AM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bills products speak for themselves....
bill's actions speak for themselves too. [Razz]

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 08:20 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
bill's actions speak for themselves too
Agreed! He makes one heck of an E caller - see, we do agree on something [Razz]

(come on man - laugh - we're talking about E callers - not how Obama is destroying the country)

[ September 26, 2009, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 09:56 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dang Tim are you two related?
No were not. LOL But i do like Bill and the WT callers.. A couple of years ago i never heard a WT caller or seen it used till i hunted with Randy Roede. If a hunter just wants to call to just any coyote then he can get by with any brand of E-caller but if you want to work coyotes that have been around for some time i feel that the WT is the caller to have.. Great volume and great sounds,As for sounds they are the best there is and there is no reason to have any other sounds or make the WT down-loadable.
Back when it came time to order one i found out i was on the black-list due to a mix up and with the help of Randy i was able to get a WT from Bill.. Bill took a chance with me and i'm greatfull to him for doing so..
I don't care what the specs say about his or other callers, what i care about is the results in the field and the WT has lived up to them and then some.. Tobe honest from what i saw on the f-p site they don't have the vocabulary of sounds to work certain coyotes and there remotes are to cluttered...With the WT remote its not that hard to push a couple of buttons even when a coyote is sitting 200 yds in front of you..

quote:
Don't worry, I can guarantee you that I'm more qualified to test Bill's caller over you. Do you know what bit-rate and kHz even is? I thought JRBhunter taught you everything you know about hunting, and now your a self proclaimed professional
The answer to youre first question is i don't know or much care and i don't plan to pirate sounds and load them into other callers or even build one.
As for JRB he has taught me nothing so i can't give him any credit for anything, as a matter of fact he has never even hunted with me so how would he know what i can or cannot do. Last i heard he is still trying to figure out the moon phase deal as far as coyotes go..LOL
No not a self proclaimed pro. but hey i'm getting there thanks to the help from some Professional's... [Razz] [Big Grin]
My call-in and kill numbers jumped last season how about youre's!!!! [Cool] [Cool]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5065 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 10:15 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
bill's actions speak for themselves too

Agreed! He makes one heck of an E caller - see, we do agree on something [Razz]

(come on man - laugh - we're talking about E callers - not how Obama is destroying the country)

I'm Smilin', Wavin', and laughin'. Life is too short to actually worry about this stuff. If anybody here is really taking this whole thing to heart it's time to step away from the computer and get a life, including Martz.

I don't think anybody ever said Bill makes a crummy caller or has lousy sounds. He has cobbled together some nasty looking things in the past, but his new products look quite a bit better now. Bill's true actions do speak for themselves: LYING, THREATENING PEOPLE, and DECEIVING CUSTOMERS. I don't see anybody denying those facts either, so we all agree that he builds a good caller and has some good sounds, he's just a lying bully. There are so many other low handed, lying tactics used by Bill Martz, that I won't even go into them. I'll save those for the day I get more infamous from his website. Waking up and looking in the mirror each morning and knowing that you're a published liar has gotta be rotten though. Maybe one day he'll admit his lies and then me and others can quit harping on him. To be so gutsy as to put this on a website "Over the last several years there has been a lot of false and inaccurate information surfacing...because you can't make a good purchasing decision when your decision to purchase is based on inaccurate information." is downright hilarious. Coming from a company who has deceived and lied to customers for years. Again, see the MP3 caller bet that is open to Bill anytime, anyday, anywhere.

THO whatever happened to that fancy white caller you showed me awhile back and said was in the mail? I said I'd even pay you for the thing, just curious, maybe it got lost in transit.

TA17REM,
I did just fine last year on animals, improved from prior years. Considering I'm a weekend warrior and occasional night hunter, I did just fine. I called in quite a few animals that busted me by moonlight, but hey, that's part of the game. I know you don't care what your callers specs are, but you sure like to tout it as the best thing since sliced bread. Being able to program a caller for me and many others is key. At -40, having custom made, longer 15-20 minute sound sequences with silence built into them is the only way to go...period. Trying to mess around with any remote at ambient -40 is a pain, especially with mitts on. I put raised keypad bumpers on almost all of my remotes for quick key location (in my pocket). I simply can't put a custom sound sequence on anything but the old WT KAS-2010 models, so the new models are basically useless for me at really cold temperatures. Martz needs to keep people tied to his sounds, so they keep generating revenue for him..plain and simple. Do you honestly think he makes them non-programmable for the customers benefit? He probably thinks his customers are too stupid to figure out something programmable, hence the accidental KAS-2010 programmables being released. You don't have to defend the liar, Martz, he's a big boy and can try to do that himself. Or are you worried about getting banned by WT (which you apparently once were) if you don't speak up against me? Bill's kinda like the Seinfeld Soup Nazi....just with his callers...NO CALLER FOR YOU!!!!!
Tim, please correct any information that I've put anywhere in this post regarding WT's products and I'll gladly deal with them, correct them if needed, and apologize for the mistake. See if Martz can make that claim about his products.

Edited: Further TA17 post info updated.

[ September 26, 2009, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 10:52 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. Life is too short to actually worry about this stuff. If anybody here is really taking this whole thing to heart it's time to step away from the computer and get a life, including Martz.
You've been whinning for the last three years and maybe longer, you should maybe follow youre own advice and get a life.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 11:14 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
It's still right here Peter -

You pissed me off so much on FnF in that thread that I wouldn't send you the sweat off my ass if you were stranded in the desert.

Now, that's how I really feel. You claim you dont work for and are not associated with FoxPro - so I really just want to know why you keep sucking off the Dillon's every time one of these conversations comes up?

I never see you post about anything other than E caller comparisons. And it doesn't matter where they start, you show up.

You're calling Bill Martz a lot of names to prove your points - and you want everyone to think that makes you better than you seem to think he is.

I've never met the man, we do live in the same town, but I have NEVER met him. It has nothing to do with sticking up for another NH boy as MI VHNTR says either.

You want the bottom line?

Here it is. I have owned Minaska, Johny Stewart, Western Rivers, FoxPro and an old WT and hunted over one of the KS2030's.

The best sounding AND the best PRODUCING e caller I have EVER used or hunted over was the WT.

PERIOD.

I could care less if Mr. Martz is mean and nasty and speaks his mind (I kind of admire that) and I could care less if the Dillon's are the nicest people in the world.

I care about killing coyotes.

If you cared about it too, you would be using a WT E caller.

That's the bottom line.

At the end of the day, specs and who said what means crap. Fur on the ground is what counts. No other caller does that like the WT caller.

Not freaking one. And you can take that to the bank because that Peter, is the God's honest truth and if you were a man, you would stand up and admit it.

Have a shitty day.

[ September 26, 2009, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------

THO Game Calls

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 11:31 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
TA17rem,
I got a great life, lots of friends and plenty of fun times. Probably enough in my 30ish year old body to last a few lifetimes.

THO,
I thought you were more of a man then that. You were in the Marines? Sorry you got so worked up on the FnF stuff, thought you could handle a little civil discussion. I post on lots of different forums under different topics, just e-callers is my favorite. Keep the caller, I'd hate to think you sent it to somebody you're mad at.

Have a good one.

Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 11:58 AM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Peter Marvin:

Take my advice. Get some whiskey and head over to the sweat lodge. Isn't that what you do to clear your minds when the world becomes to much to handle?

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 12:23 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,
You're either deaf, blind, or illiterate, or all 3 because if you read my post, I don't drink.

No helping of FoxPro here, just information to help customers decide on which caller is the best, based on facts.

Again Bill, the unanswered questions and lies you refuse to even acknowledge:

1. What does your Mighty Atom actually play (24bit/96kHz)? Whether or not your system does it justice, what will it play?
2. Why is this new Mighty Atom better than the old KAS-2030MS?
3. Did you, or did you not tout CD Quality on your callers for years, but produce MP3 quality, and 16bit 32kHz reproduction units (less than CD quality)?
4. You edit your sounds, or whatever you want to call it, but they're not the way they sound coming from the animal. Admit it.
5. You have downgraded your remote from the old FRS based models, why?
6. You cannot have or answer legitimate questions for customers, especially on a public forum, if so, do it.
7. You act like a child throwing a tantrum and all you can do is say lame, weak phrases, when in fact you should just answer the questions.
8. Just smile and wave Martz, your refusal to even try and answer these questions just shows your guilt and inability to tell the truth.

Don't worry Bill, Leonard won't lock and delete this post, like you claim the Texas Predator Posse gang did after you responded to FoxPro calling out your lies. You never did write up that post here for all to see. Sure would be good if we could all give you some kudos on a job well done on that 24bit 48kHz KAS2030-MS you made. If you'd like I can get in touch with the moderators over on the TPP forum and see if they can pull that one from the archives to see if you're telling the truth. How's that sound?

[ September 26, 2009, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 01:07 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE] Bill,
You're either deaf, blind, or illiterate, or all 3 because if you read my post, I don't drink.
[/QUOTE
I'd have to call B.S. on that one. You sound like a whining drunk to me. Maybe you should put a cap on the bottle and go to bed... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 01:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
THO. Are you the guy that makes hand calls? You probably know that coyotes have been called for fifty years with one bit technolgy? I am not really on board with this sound quality being of the utmost importance. You ask why and I say that I have called thousands of coyotes with cassette tapes and eight track tape players and all kinds of hand calls.

Would I have called a few hundred more with 24 bit 96KHz sound? I'm not sure, and nobody else can say with certainty, either. If it sounds good to our ears, that's USUALLY good enough. I'm waiting for Bill or Mike or Borland to prove me wrong. Sound quality is vastly overrated, in my opinion. It's engineering features.

Good hunting. LB

edit: now, I suppose Bill is going to call me a knucklehead, again?

[ September 26, 2009, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 02:22 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
TA17rem,
Is that the best you can come up with? Since customers should be informed about a product, and since Bill won't answer any of the questions posed, why don't you call him up and find out? I know you don't care, but lots of other potential customers do care. Get the facts direct from Bill, post them here for use to read, and then you'll be a hero. You always want to be the mouthy hero anyways, so prove me wrong on some of those questions with your good pal Bill Martz. If you can't do it, just say so, I won't think you're less of a man for it. Lots of people keep asking me what WT they should get recently with the release of this Mighty Atom. The answer is simple, WT has answered it already. The old KAS2030MS or older/programmable KAS-2010 models.

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 03:06 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Since customers should be informed about a product, and since Bill won't answer any of the questions posed, why don't you call him up and find out? I know you don't care, but lots of other potential customers do care. Get the facts direct from Bill, post them here for use to read, and then you'll be a hero.
Be a hero! I don't think so.. As most of my friends know all i want to do is call or hunt coyotes nothing more and nothing less..
Most people are born with a brain to decide for themselves on what they want to buy and what they don't so just let them figure it out themselves..I read abunch of youre B.S. before i bought my WT and what you stated never stopped me from makeing my own decison..

I'm sure that if i had the time and equipement i could dig up all kinds of B.S. on other callers like f-p, but i could care less.
When it comes down to the line it dose'nt matter what any of them claim as long as their product works and calls in Pred.'s, it just so happens that WT does a better job of it.. [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 03:08 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
tho, you tell people to laugh about this discussion and then go an a diatribe against TundraWookie and others. Heck, even I got mentioned. Then, you praise bm for speaking his mind, but you chastise others for doing the same thing. Don't you think that you are at the very least a bit hypocritical? Your actions remind me of another NH resident.

ta17rem, I've read your posts on several boards. I enjoy watching you portray yourself as a coyote guru on one board and refusing to answer peoples questions and telling them to get out and hunt because that's how you learned. Then, on another board, you are fishing for help from other callers. Again, a bit on the hypocritcal side, don't you think?

Leonard, I feel sorry for you questioning the sound quality bit, especially since bm will read it. That's how it started with bm and myself. Years ago, I asked a few questions about sounds calling coyotes and getting them to respond. Sounds such as a siren, lip squeak, even a lowly blade of grass can get a response. None of them need a "world class" system to produce them. That's when the bm attacks started, followed by lies, followed by threats, followed by hate mail. The funny thing is, he got tossed from the message boards and others, like myself, were permitted to remain on the boards.

bm, you got caught lying, again. You know, you weren't going to respond to my posts anymore. But you did, didn't you? Perhaps you could attempt to conduct yourself with a bit of dignity for a change. I know that it's out of character for you, but there may even be hope for you. Let the hate mail fly again bm. MI VHNTR

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 03:33 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
No Leonard, I make butt plugs. They work pretty good but the taste is starting to get to me so I need a new E caller if I an going to keep calling coyotes [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ September 26, 2009, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------

THO Game Calls

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 03:38 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ta17rem, I've read your posts on several boards. I enjoy watching you portray yourself as a coyote guru on one board and refusing to answer peoples questions and telling them to get out and hunt because that's how you learned. Then, on another board, you are fishing for help from other callers. Again, a bit on the hypocritcal side, don't you think?
Most of todays hunters want you to give them all the answers without them actually going out themselves an learn what it takes to call coyotes in there area..I'm just like most callers and will help with some of the basic stuff but i'm not going to give them everything they need to know, most other good callers don't so why should I.. I've never asked for help on any board that i can recall, just asked others what they do different in there area just incase i may have missed something with my coyotes.
Most answers i already new and have done so nothing was gained from there responses..
Some boards i may ask a question not because i don't know but to wake up the board dureing the off season...

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2009 09:29 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
TA17rem,
You jump in on this thread to defend your boy Martz, but not once did you mention the sounds Andy L's buddy should get for his caller. I know you're really touchy about whatever "top secret" WT sounds work for you....So why not share here and help out a fellow hunter? Give something useful to this thread, so I can quit pounding Martz with questions that he'll never answer.

Martz........What rock are you hiding under, dodging all of the questions?

turboranger
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2009 12:50 AM      Profile for turboranger           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard first thanks for reseting my password.

Now Peter(snowman(more fitting))you just never learn do you? First its very ironic that you send Bill love letters trying to reconciliate and bury the hatchet. Then when he refuses to deal with you, you go on here and act like a crazed, scorned woman trying to take all the red meat you can get. I give Bill credit for choosing his demographics which excludes "idiots and morons". It must be very satisfying being able to choose whom not to sell to based on someones actions. From what I can see, you and the other 2-3 choir boys on here that at some point in time got your nuts caught in Bill's vice are not doing too much damage to his sales. [Smile] For example, when I first went on the PM board to research what caller to buy a few years ago I saw Al the Awesome Possum and a couple others spewing their venom towards Bill almost verbatim to how he has on this thread. That just told me that they must feel intimidated by the product Bill puts out. So what did I do? I went to Bill's place to check it out for myself. What I saw was the quality in what he had and bought it. No hesitations and no regrets. Funny how that works. Al I am grateful to you for those earlier post. Thank you because the WT was and still is an excellent product. Something I still don't understand Al is how a very few months ago the "Fury" was going to be "IT" and you and your cronies were preaching this thing up like it was going to deliver the coyotes to your doorstep and the world from evil. Let's put this into perspective. That is Fox Pro's flagship product right? So then why is it now you boys are toting the WT knock off product and not the one all of the original commotion was about? I can tell you, one it's got to be a better product because they copied it from Bill's deprecated design and put a real speaker on it, and two I'm betting it's really not about loyalty to Fox Pro but more your way of trying to stick it to the man. You all were sitting back chuckling to yourselves that Fox pro got one over on ol' Bill. Now that Bill has stepped the quality of the sound up to a new standard you guys are starting to squeal once again. So go on squeal like a pig boys! Now there is a sound for you. This is just too much fun to watch... Anyone bring the popcorn?

We are all just smiling and waving.

Hey Randy that picture is simply classic!

[ September 27, 2009, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: turboranger ]

Posts: 28 | From: NH and AZ | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2009 04:16 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyone bring the popcorn?
Yep

-

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
turboranger
Member # 3349

Icon 14 posted September 27, 2009 05:38 AM      Profile for turboranger           Edit/Delete Post 
Awe thanks Semp [Cool] and its got butter!

-

[ September 27, 2009, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: turboranger ]

Posts: 28 | From: NH and AZ | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2009 06:02 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2009 06:49 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"It makes me wonder if these guys are doing this on their own or if Dillons give them a script and and some extra equipment to spend every waking moment scouring predator boards looking for any mention of the WT or Bill posting so they can put up an argument."
-------------------------
Andy,
Please let me assure you that the Dillon's do not encourage Field staff members to act like moron's. They would rather we take the high road.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters