The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Coyote calling demographics (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Coyote calling demographics
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:03 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
THIS JUST IN!!!!
Mitch and Skyler attempted to tell but their anemic post was inundated by a cyber tsunami when Q removed his finger from the dike.

IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:11 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins: "Hello?"
Huber: "--------"
Higgins: "Coyotes are members of the canine family."
Huber: "Who told you that nonsense?"
Higgins: "I read a book once."
Huber: "Reading books will make you go blind and grow hair on your palms."
Higgins: "I can still see well enough to shave my palms."
Huber: "-------"
Higgins: "Hello?"

IP: Logged
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:24 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
RB: "See? Why in the hell didn't you say so in the first place? You spew forth a bunch of antagonistic garbage apparently meant to stir shit and then when you are confronted you backpeddle and "clarify" yourself to come off as less confrontational."

Why the hell didn't you ask what I meant instead of assuming in the first place?

I never backpeddled, I simply clarified my position which I did the minute I was asked and saw the reactions from the fragile egos on the forum.

Leonard asked what I meant and you amd Bryon assumed and run off on your insecurity tangents typical of someone with a guilty conscience.

You obviously have a guilt complex here that you'll have to deal with Randy. Perhaps 75 minutes of your next 80 minute coyote calling video can be donated to your own therapy.

RB: "...you obviously feel that some didn't give YOU credit that you thought was due."

There you go assuming again. You obviously have a short memory too. I know what I know, I don't need credit for it. I simply detest "fast buck artists" that use other people for their own personal gain.

This world is full of givers and takers, what are you Randy?

Hope you find a way to deal with your guilty conscience.

~SH~

[ December 29, 2005, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:33 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm, for someone who doesn't care what I think, you sure respond back to my notes.

You said: you assumed and run off on an insecurity tangent typical of someone with a guilty conscience

And, without assuming, how in the world did you come up with my being either insecure or guilty?

My biggest problem I've had with this entire discussion is that you come off as some holier-than-thou jerk. I'll not be talked down to by you or anyone else without defending myself. Perhaps instead of not caring what your people skills are like, you should work to develop them just a bit so you don't come off as such a jerk.

Then maybe people would be more willing to listen to what you say. Of course you don't care what people think anyway. (But then I have to wonder why you made the initial post in the first place and why you keep responding back here.) What a hypocrite!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

PS. I've beaten this dead horse all I intend to. You may have the last word. Give it your best shot.

[ December 29, 2005, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Randy Buker ]

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308

Posts: 158 | From: Parkers Prairie, MN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:48 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
RB: "Hmmmm, for someone who doesn't care what I think, you sure respond back to my notes."

I don't care what you think of me but I do care about the clarity of the issue I'm discussing. Don't confuse the two.

RB: "And, without assuming, how in the world did you come up with my being either insecure or guilty?"

That's obvious, because you didn't even bother to ask what I meant. You simply assumed I was talking about you for some crazy reason. If it wasn't insecurity or a guilty conscience, what was it?

RB: "My biggest problem I've had with this entire discussion is that you come off as some holier-than-thou jerk."

My biggest problem I've had with this entire discussion is that you come off as some insecure thumbsucker who thinks I was talking about you specifically.

I take it that you didn't notice you and Bryon were the only ones who took my comments as personal as you did which bodes the question why?

RB: "Perhaps instead of not caring what your people skills are like, you should work to develop them just a bit so you don't come off as such a jerk."

Perhaps instead of running off on an insecurity tangent you should ask someone what they meant instead of assuming.

RB: "I have to wonder why you made the initial post in the first place......"

You still haven't figured it out yet?

No wonder!

~SH~

[ December 29, 2005, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 08:02 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, it's agreed.

You are a holier-than-thou hypocritical jerk and I'll be an insecure thumbsucker. [Razz] [Wink]

Have a nice day.

[ December 29, 2005, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Randy Buker ]

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 09:07 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
RB: "You are a holier-than-thou hypocritical jerk and I'll be an insecure thumbsucker."

Well why the hell didn't you just say so in the first place? LOL!

Actually, you still don't have it right but you're getting closer.

You "ASSUME" I am a holier-than-thou hypocritical jerk BECAUSE you've proven yourself to be a hypocritical insecure thumsucker. LOL!

As you pointed out previously your action created a reaction when my original comment was not intended for you unless you are an inexperienced caller who is selling more experienced caller's knowledge for personal gain and notoriety. Have I mentioned that before? LOL!

Why are you hypocritical now you may wonder? Because you said you were done beating this dead horse and you're obviously not. WHOP WHOP! You fibbed! See what happens when you don't tell the truth?

I don't see where you get the "hypocritical" part from anything I have said because I'm not an inexperienced coyote caller who is prostituting an experienced caller's knowledge and hard work for my own personal gain and notoriety. Did I mention that before? That shoe doesn't fit.

I can see where you get the "holier-than-thou" jerk part from because "I STEPT ON YO TOES" when you misunderstood my original statement. That's ok Randy! Everyone makes mistakes. LOL! "Holier-than-thou hypocritical jerk it is".

Ok, now you can have a nice day AFTER you unwind your panties. LOL!

~SH~

Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 09:12 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, consider them unwound. Now I can have a nice day. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 09:37 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
In reading this thread a few words come to mind. Rude, arrogant, high and mighty, egotistical, paranoid, envious, insecure, smart assed, narrow minded, poor attitude, bitter, selfish, hypocritical, but most of all manipulative.

Scott,

I accept your apology for rudely insulting my profession. It takes a big man to admit he wrongly accused an entire industry for the antics and deceptive practices of a few. Hopefully you have learned to be more specific when you cast your accusations.

Byron [Big Grin]

Edited because I left hypocritical out. [Big Grin]

[ December 29, 2005, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Byron South ]

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 10:14 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
I was not an inexperienced caller when I drove to South Dakota a few years back and spent some time in the field with Scott Huber. Howling for coyotes wasn't really new to me either. Uncle Jay Nistetter can tell you about a coyote or two that came to my howls, whines and ki-yi's down in Arizona before I even met Scott Huber. What I did gain from Scott was more confidence in the art of howling for coyotes, and I also picked up on a new trick or two.

Scott is the one who got me started in howling with my own vocal chords, and using pup squeals more. I have never mentioned this in my instruction cassettes or in my howling for coyotes thread on another board. I mention these things now because Scott deserves credit for what he has done for me. Thank you Scott, I appreciate all of the help you have given me over the past few years. I would also like to thank Cal Taylor for helping me develop a small howler which is now known as the Taylor Special.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 10:39 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
BS: "In reading this thread a few words come to mind. Rude, arrogant, high and mighty, egotistical, paranoid, envious, insecure, smart assed, narrow minded, poor attitude, bitter, selfish, hypocritical, but most of all manipulative."

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

That's the exact response I would expect from someone with a guilty conscience from selling someone else's hard work and knowledge. I'll take that little rant as proof of making my point.

I thought you said you had nothing else to say to me? Changed your mind huh?

BS: "I accept your apology for rudely insulting my profession. It takes a big man to admit he wrongly accused an entire industry for the antics and deceptive practices of a few. Hopefully you have learned to be more specific when you cast your accusations."

You must have me mistaken for the last person you misunderstood Byron. I have nothing to apologize for. I admit only to having not picked better wording with my original statement that was more condusive to insecure callers such as yourself with an apparent guilty conscience.

You're the only one that knows whether or not you are an inexperienced caller who has prostituted the knowledge, that may have been given to you in confidentiality, from more experienced callers for your own financial gain and notoriety.

If that description fits you then you are a prostitute and a parasite to this industry and I have nothing to apologize for. If that description fits you I'll gladly acccept any adjectives you have to give me in response because what I said needs to be said. If that description fits you.

There's a lot of experienced callers that feel the same way I do on the subject and I'll gladly take the heat for them.

BTW, as Varmit Hunter has pointed out, there is a difference between a "look at me" and a "look at this" video.

~SH~

[ December 29, 2005, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 10:46 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Thank you and you are more than welcome. I learned from you as well and enjoyed your company. What started out as a cyberspat between us on what improvements need to be made to manufactured howlers ended up being a mission to improve howlers. We both moved howlers a step forward based on our discussions. The respect is mutual. Send me a personal email. I need to tell you about my findings since then.

~SH~

[ December 29, 2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:16 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't all you Ho's just get along? You are ALL correct. ('cept for one).

I can’t think of ever having divulged predator calling techniques in confidentiality and have been writing for only a very short time and only because I was asked. Still, it’s flattering that others out there may be interested in what you might have to say. The perk is that you get paid cash money for it? The wife quit listening to my stories long ago and could probably write a better article about predators than I could.

I know lots of guys without mentors who have been calling on their own and have discovered the same basic truths about calling that I have. After you figure out what works and what doesn’t, the good’ns seem to spy the same calling spots as you do. Face the same way and probably spend about the same amount of time calling before they end the stand, all because of the way the set-up appeared to them. When I started calling there weren’t teachers to speak of and I think it’s a wonderful thing that the new callers have such a vast mountain of information to pour over. Yeah, some of it is tripe, but not most.

I did make an effort to portray the content of my video n a slightly different manor than others. I did think about making a profit. I did at least until I found out that re-sellers wanted HUGE friggin discounts.

The book was different altogether. Al and I approached that venture knowing we would lose $$ on it, but it was something we just wanted to do.

If I can sell information about things I know a little about… Why Not? Call me a Ho if you want, but this old Ho has a loaf of bread because of it. (Well actually cigarettes and beer in my case).

Cal... You were right. After a couple inexplicable delays, my new Ho-deo will ship on the 10th. Hopefully nothing dastardly will happen to the Ho-PS Delivery Truck.

BTW I'm having a few Ho's over this coming week for those interested. Some Ho's will be driving in and some flying in. We'll be attending a Ho Convention up in Globe, Arizony and sould be THE place to be for all the Voyeurs out there.

AND YES Leonard, I am upset about the loss of my sheep. Sheep rustling is a crime. I've suffered severe business losses from some prominent Texicans because of it.

Happy Hunting… EP

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:43 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
" Paranoia strikes deep. Into you're heart it will creep". Buffalo Springfield 1967.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:46 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see it now. There'll be a big push to get legislation to copyright all our ideas so no one can use them except the one who actually came up with the idea.

Let's see, calling downwind is taken, crosswind is taken and upwind is taken. What's left for me?

I'll call my congressman now!

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I probably would be sued if I tried to copywrite "Magic Mist"? Some enterprising youngster has probably beat me to it? Which remeinds me. Byron? Are you missing a stainless coffee cup? I asked everybody, who left it in the back seat of my truck, then (recently) spent 30 minutes decontaminating it, but if you want it, give me an address.

This has been quite a roller coaster ride, thus far. Hell, just those posts by Randy claiming it will be his last, would fill quite a thread, by itself/themselves, whatever? [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

PS ....we don't get French Benefits?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:17 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy Buker,
How about "Calling in the snow banks of Minnesota"? [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:23 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, I liked what you had to say about the mentor/ idolless learning what it takes.

I had an idol once, then the guy drowned in his own puke. Ain't cared for em much since.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:25 PM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Nope, I'm pretty sure that one has been done before I came onto the scene... Bummer....

Leonard,

I'm glad I can entertain you so easily. See, I'm good for something! [Big Grin]

Like I said, I won't let anyone talk down to me without defending myself. Scott wants to keep it up, so will I. However, I'll freely admit to it being beating a dead horse. But, sometimes that old nag (the dead horse, not Scott) needs an extra lick or two.

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:39 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear it Joe. I don't know if I ever idolized anyone. Had great respect and was enamored by a several inspite of some character flaws. Wished I could have grown up somewhat simiar to a couple. Up until recently, I kinda wanted to be like Higgins, but he's near dead right now and I don't wanna get anywhere near him.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 01:06 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Higgins,

I thought about what you said about Scott doing this for thrills and amsement. I decided to try it as well. Problem with people is you can usually provoke them into responding in a predictable manner. Scott did this with me in his initial post. I respondsed not from guilt but because of his rude assertions. He then manipulated it to fit a certain agenda. Then tried to justify it by other means. It was a twisty road for sure and he had me and others on a string. Out of curiosity I did the same to him and got a very predictable response. I didn't enjoy it mostly because it was to easy and very predictable. I'm a little smarter now and will be tougher to call in the future.

Gerald must be the tough old alpha, as he didn't fall for the BS method. I know your out there Gerald. [Wink] I salute you.

No guilt here I just don't like rude, condesending, arrogant behavior and said so. I'm not as gifted as some here in my writing style and grammer. I was raised to respect people and to give them the benefit of the doubt, and not to judge a book by it's cover. I do my best to practice this in my every day life and business. Sure there are rats amoung us, but they are quickly discovered and exposed for who they are. There are also those amoung us that are good in there choosen field but let it go to their head. They get boastful and even bitter sometimes. I hope like hell I never display either foul trait.

My words and thoughts on this post were bent and manipulated in ways that made me act in ways that is out of character for me. I let myself get caught up in this worthless garbage for no useful purpose. I won't let it happen again.

JoeF,

You are a wise man.

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
scruffy
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 01:13 PM      Profile for scruffy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm a little smarter now and will be tougher to call in the future.

Sounds like what a coyote would say after being called in and a 60 grain vmax from an AR zinged over his head??? [Eek!]

later,
scruffy

--------------------
Git R Done

Posts: 361 | From: south central Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:08 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
BS: "He then manipulated it to fit a certain agenda. Then tried to justify it by other means. It was a twisty road for sure and he had me and others on a string."

BS: "My words and thoughts on this post were bent and manipulated in ways that made me act in ways that is out of character for me."

Talk is cheap Byron!

Why don't you show everyone where your words and thoughts were manipulated. The posts are all still there. You really think you can change the meaning of your statements by suggesting that they were manipulated? Give me a break!

You're going to have to do better than that.

You overreacted and now you're pissing on yourself trying to justify it.

~SH~

scruffy
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:17 PM      Profile for scruffy           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it guys like these that become predator hunters, try it a few times and quit?

The guy that started this thread was the site administrator, about killing coyotes with your bare hands:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=263201

Talk about egos... WOW!!!! They're the ultimate predators. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

later,
scruffy

--------------------
Git R Done

Posts: 361 | From: south central Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:42 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Byron, not at all. I kinda out "Scotted" Scott on a recent issue here where I threw out a comment here in black and white that was what "I" meant, but didn't mean what I wanted to say.....as if that makes any sense. I let it lie - it didn't hurt anyone but me. Kinda sensitive to the issue...

I am also interested because of what you mentioned about the union mentality. I have a related story (and agree with what you said)concerning ho's and sluts that fits this to the tee. No time for it now, I'm supposed to be ho'ing for teh man, not jacking around on the internet.

I can see the fodder for about 50 seperate threads in this post. Intresting responses, etc...

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters