The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Where's Byron and Gerald? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Where's Byron and Gerald?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 09:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shucks, that's just walking around money, when you are famous.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 09:26 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
My civil suit against my neighbor hasn't yet gotten that expensive. But it sure isn't cheap. The guy moved in with his new Girlfriend and every time the Deputy shows up to serve him, his Girlfriend lies and says he isn't home. With out a warrant, the Deputy can't enter the home to prove she's lying. Each wasted trip costs me.

In the meantime, this guy keeps coming out and cutting down fences and gates. Sooner or later, some Cowboy is going to catch him and shoot him. The way my luck runs, I'll be the one picked up and spending the rest of my life in a cage with a 400 pound queer room mate.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 10:14 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
IMHO

Well looks like someone might be suggesting a possible Slapp or at least the threat of one... Would that threat be an admission that a persons motive for being on these boards might not be just to help beginners and fellow coyote hunters increase their knowledge of coyote hunting, but rather the motive is financial?

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 12:03 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Try running a few hundred amps through your fence.

His girlfriend won't need to lie much longer.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 07:16 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I know an attorney that frequents this board and is a good friend of mine that could probably put an end to this talk about lawsuits right damn quick. This is ridiculous.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2006 10:22 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,
You are right. Threats of lawsuits are mostly done by those who have no idea of what they will cost and do not have the assets to pursue them.

Totall BS.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
yuccabush
Member # 582

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 04:17 AM      Profile for yuccabush   Email yuccabush         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
total BS
I agree.
Posts: 67 | From: Bernalillo | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:11 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I was told that all posts on PM are copyrighted and cannot be cut and pasted on this board. Is that true?
IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:20 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
That may be true Rich, but a feller could probably post a link to it.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 5 posted October 02, 2006 07:29 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
While I was away, the mice continued to play. [Smile]

I am not happy with the way this thread developed while I was out. I had not been asked to do what everyone seemed to hope I would "self appoint" myself for. I can and will share some thoughts and perspective if that is what you would like.

I had a friend suggest this weekend that I not let my legal difficulties on another matter make me a different person. That seems like a good thing to suggest to you Rich. Do not let your anger and dissappointment change your character. I am saddened by your suggestion that I was engaged in "Voyerisem".

As I went back and reread our posts I realized that I should have said "I will be a represntative for my friends on both sides", rather than "representative for Anyone other than me". That did come across as kind of self centered, which as many of you have experienced, is not my true nature. My toilet at last years campout was for everyone's comfort not just mine. [Razz]

Maybe you should not always assume the negative first Leonard. Maybe they are laying low because they are smart enough to know they can not win that discussion on your board for the very reasons I have alluded to. Possibility?

"That is what I expected and hoped for, a mediator acceptable to both sides that would review all posts on both sides and announce a conclusion that may influence one side or the other to take the appropriate steps to resolve this. Gerald, I apologize to you. I did what I accused you of. I inferred something that you did not imply. My mistake. I spent 2 hours on the phone believing that I was providing information to you toward that end. I had no idea that I was simply satisfying your personal curiosity. That smacks of voyeurism and now I feel cheap and violated."

I am sorry that you felt I was going to be the judge and jury on this. I am humbled that you would think enough of me to allow me that responsibility. Problem is I do not have the power of supoena. I can not get to the truth with only words from each side. I have heard enough to know that somebody is being dishonest with me. How do I make a fair judgement on hearsay? I want to believe you and a host of others that I felt I could trust prior to this. I am not sure I can from what I have heard so far. It is a very uncomfortable position to be in.

"BS - Texas
GG - Texas
GS - Texas"

And I am proud of it too Brad. You aren't from Southern California are you Brad. I was just wondering if it was this issue that disgusts you with me or my jabbing post back when Texas beat Southern Cal. [Wink] Thanks Tripp.

"Some folks gotta hide behind their attorneys. Its their security blanket....".

Some people just don't know when to quit.

"So this whole post wasn't about right or wrong, getting both sides of the story, and mending fences?Please don't tell me it was a one sided show, because of vested intrest? The thought of that just turns my stomach."

You will have to forgive me for not being presumptious Alaskan Yoter. I feel that I could sit in a room with all of the players in this and get somewhere. I seriously question whether or not doing it in this forum will work. Trust me, I would love to be able to get the fences mended.

"Okay, I fell for it, too.Now, psst! (from the grapevine) we even have a moderator from another board doing his level best to torpedo our campout by discouraging folks from attending. Disgustedly; I just have to ask, how can these guys sleep at night? How low can you get!"

Hey Leonard, can you provide me with a url so I can see what you have referred to. I would like to confirm or dispute what you have insinuated they are doing. Somebody else able to do that?

I would strongly counsel against legal action on anybodys part in this and have done so. I also understand how a person can get pushed into something like that rightly or wrongly.

Rich, I am way past that monetary point in my effort to get my evidence in front of a Judge.

Jack, you are a wise man.

[ October 02, 2006, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
scruffy
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:30 AM      Profile for scruffy           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, that's what I was told on another site (unrelated to this). You can provide a link to that site, but you can't cut and paste it. I haven't asked a lawyer, or looked up the laws, but that's what I've been told by someone who would be on the receiving end of the lawsuit.

Also, and maybe I'm wrong, but reading Geralds posts I took from it, from his admission, that he's gullable and easily taken by people because he looks for the good in them, not the bad. As he's stated he's relatively recently lost 6 figures being duped by someone who he trusted.

From his posts and the admissions in them I thought Gerald's "purpose" for getting in the middle of this was not for curiosity or to be a moderator, but rather from a business perspective, would they be good or unsafe to do business with.

Maybe I misunderstood Gerald's posts. There's alot of that on the net, LOL! This medium sucks in alot of ways...

later,
scruffy

--------------------
Git R Done

Posts: 361 | From: south central Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:35 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with that last statement Scruffy.

It is a little of both on the "purposes" thing.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 08:34 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I want to believe you and a host of others that I felt I could trust prior to this. I am not sure I can from what I have heard so far. It is a very uncomfortable position to be in.

Gerald, I will be in Williams Nov.30 and Dec1
for the World Contest.
Mike Burris, the promoter, has a retired FBI polygrapher administer tests to the winners.
I will take a polygraph to substantiate ANYTHING I have said about BS, GG and this entire affair. Be there Gerald, or appoint a delegate that you CAN trust. Pup will be there.
If I fail, I will pay the $600 to $800 fee and be publicly revealed as a liar and a fraud. If I pass you pay the fee.
The ball is in your court Gerald. What value do you place on truth?

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 10:58 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

DO IT, Gerald!!!

Don't say you can't afford it. I will contribute the first $100 to a "Loser's Fund" just to put this issue to rest.

I would think any other "interested parties" who may or may not have a vested interest in the forthcoming revelation, and are really confident in the outcome of such a lie detector test, would rush forward with matching donations!

[ October 02, 2006, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 11:12 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll put in the second 100 bucks. Just to put this to rest.
Al

[ October 02, 2006, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 12:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey Leonard, can you provide me with a url so I can see what you have referred to. I would like to confirm or dispute what you have insinuated they are doing. Somebody else able to do that?

GS

Hey, listen, GS. I do not have the time or the resources to seek phone and email records, and evidence, or am I able to document personal conversations. I did not suggest that this effort to torpedo the campout is sitting somewhere on the web. Furthermore, I wouldn't go to the trouble, if (frankly) it would be nothing more than a waste of time in satisfing your personal curiosity. I like to think my word counts for something with some people and I am not used to my friends asking me to prove every statement I make. A friggin' rumor is a rumor; get it? Are you telling me you have not heard a few rumors, lately?

Seems like you have been doing a lot of wiggling, as to what you said or wrote or suggested, or intended; and fein surprise when people assume they know what your intentions are, but (I'm sorry) it just comes off as slippery, from my perspective.

Now you have recently (in email), used the term slanderous, and suggested that I could be the target of a legal action, and that you just don't know who to believe? That demonstrates to me that you view some of these statements and charges as untrue, which would then amount to "slander", if provable? So much for objectivity. Well, all I can say is; somebody around here has been talking to a very creative liar. You can interprete that as you see fit. But, if I must dance around specifics so that I do not expose myself to law suit, well, that does tend to obfuscate the flow of truth, in this imperfect medium.

You keep urging all parties to drop the subject, and I see that as being of benefit to the least truthful (and candid) person who is hiding under someone's skirt. We are talking about damaging a man's credibility and honor, and your solution is to drop the subject rather than establish responsibility?

See, nobody else is privy to the spin coming from one side, except a very few. Certanly no public retractions or denials that we all can judge? I note, with regret, that you have provided no illumination, whatsoever? All this "discovery" on the one hand, and you ain't providing shit.

Now, how does this look, to an impartial observer? I don't know, we will have to ask him, (when we find one) but for me, if there is nothing to hide and it amounts to: he said, she said; then why the silence? Near as I can tell, it is not, "he said, she said"? We are still waiting for the "she said" part! So, exactly why wouldn't an invividual defend his actions? For the sanctity of the web? Those noble, lofty and elusive goals; fellowship and harmony? Weak reasons, if you ask me?

Anyway, that's my take on things, to this point. Who else is willing to take a lie detector test, by the way? Who gives a shit, at this point?

Play your cards as close to your chest as you need to, for your own mystifying reasons. I believe there is already enough information to form an opinion about who is candid and forthcoming, and who is standing pat. Stonewalling.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, your position is what? But, imagine that we are face to face and I'm smiling at you, okay? LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 5 posted October 02, 2006 01:21 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
"The ball is in your court Gerald. What value do you place on truth?"

You are familiar with the situation I have been involved in trying to find out the truth and have justice served on a crook. I have spent $30,000 trying to expose the truth about someone I know to be dishonest. Does that indicate how much I value the truth?

Seems like $600 would be quite small price for you to pay to have the truth known. Why do I feel so silly having to respond to this challenge?

"I like to think my word counts for something with some people and I am not used to my friends asking me to prove every statement I make. A friggin' rumor is a rumor; get it? Are you telling me you have not heard a few rumors, lately?"

I had not heard that one. Actually I apologize for misunderstanding that this was not something that had been posted somewhere or put in writing. I do not put much stock in rumors, especially in this affair. I have seen plenty of posts that my interpretation of was very different than someone who held them up to me as "proof" of anything. I just was hoping I could form my own opinion of what was said.

"Seems like you have been doing a lot of wiggling, as to what you said or wrote or suggested, or intended; and fein surprise when people assume they know what your intentions are, but (I'm sorry) it just comes off as slippery, from my perspective."

I would be wounded by that if I did not know the emotions it is born from. You have no clue where I stand on this inquiry. I am trying to keep it that way to be fair to both sides. You can speculate erroneously all you want Leonard and that won't help the situation any.

If you and Rich think I am wasting your time, Just say the word and I am out of here. I do not want to further complicate matters with my efforts on the screen and behind the scenes. If not then be patient and let me try to get something done. I have let myself get drawn into this trying to help matters, not make them worse.

In all bad things there usually is some good. I found a nugget of good in this today. A reader of your site contacted me this morning relating how my description of my childhood helped influence him to be a better father. I don't feel my time has been wasted here and I hope you don't.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 01:58 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was afraid that this might give the appearance that I was somehow going to come to a conclusion and boldly broadcast it to the world in a public forum. Since I have stated that this was for my purpose I had hoped that expectation would not be there.

Is that what is expected of me now? That I will have to choose sides and call one wrong and the other right. People are mistaken if they think I am a representative FOR anyone other than me.

quote:
If not then be patient and let me try to get something done.
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 02:10 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can not get to the truth with only words from each side. I have heard enough to know that somebody is being dishonest with me. How do I make a fair judgement on hearsay? I want to believe you and a host of others that I felt I could trust prior to this.
That is the reason I "challenged" you to a polygraph. You said that you have heard enough to know that someone is being dishonest with you. I'm offering you a way to determine who it is.
You ask how do you make a fair judgement on hearsay. I'm offering you a way.

quote:
Seems like $600 would be quite small price for you to pay to have the truth known. Why do I feel so silly having to respond to this challenge?

You are the only one that knows what has been told to you by both sides. I do not know exactly what the others have told you about me. You are the only one who can formulate the questions to determine who has played you.
'BTW, I make the same offer to the other side. Join me. The loser pays.

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 5 posted October 02, 2006 03:34 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
I am on the way out the door for supper but one fast thought...what good does it do for the polygraph to confirm that both of you are stating the facts as you believe them? If your rememberances from that night, as well as Byron's are an expression of your interpretation of the facts as you see it, what good does a polygraph do? He could pass it as cleanly as you do. I am not an experienced FBI examiner, so in the immortal words of Bill'O Reilly, tell me where I am going wrong.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 04:11 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, you are the one that said you had heard enough to know that someone was being dishonest with you. A polygraph would tell you which one.

"None are so blind as he who will not see."

You obviously will never stop dancing around each and every issue of this sorry affair and I am through chasing you.

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 04:25 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
I have to take a polygraph test every 3 years in order to maintain my Top Secret Security Clearance. If they were were as worthless as GS claims, I doubt very seriously that the U.S. Supreme Court, Department of Defense, Department of Energy, CIA, National Security Agency, and the FBI would require all of their employees to pass one on a regular basis.

Your response indicates that you are ignorant of the mechanics of a polygraph examiners procedure.

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 04:39 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Nasa,

I doubt that Mr. Stewart is ignorant of the value of a polygraph test.

I believe his statement is asking the value of the test in this particular situation. If everyone involved were to take the test, is it very likely that each would pass based on their interpretation of the events that have transpired. so if everyone passes, what would the value be?

We all know the truth is out there somewhere. And everyone of us have an opinion on how to find it. none will be better than the next.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 04:57 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
A polygraph exam requires that a list of questions be typed up. The party taking the exam must know what questions he will be asked. A psychopathic lier can fool some examiners, as can a sociopath. The accuracy of a polygraph machine is only as good as the examiner.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 05:04 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good thing that I've become a Politically Correct type of person who ignores stereotypes, otherwise I'd have to point out the irony in having two guys from Texas, accuse a guy from Arizona of lying.

I've no interest in donating to a loser fund, but I'll bet a hundred dollars that Higgins is telling the truth.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters