The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Question (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Question
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:21 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the post Jim, very insightful and no matter how little it matters- I respect you.

I must say as I read your post I flung my hands into the air and screamed "I TOLD YOU SO" to my monitor. The same thing happened to our local deer hunters association, trappers association and a handful of other groups. Power and money have a way of blurring the focus a group starts out with... you did the right thing here but I hope you see the errors made by "your group" in the past.

I think we should circulate this as best we can- I'd be willing to drop my entire membership a link in email. Sounds like the ole' general store just got a little crooked... better tell the kinfolk.

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:49 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Jim! [Wink]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 10:57 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
varmint hunter,
You asked to be removed and when it was done, you have a complaint?? Wasn't it done fast enough, should we have waited a few days so you could complain about how we didn't do it quick enough???

You can't have it both ways.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2006 11:26 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there River'. Nice to see you here. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It would of broken my heart after pouring so many hundreds and hundreds of hours into PM the way you have.

Thank you for being kind the time or two I dropped by PM after I'd left!

Any chance you might explain the difference between Pro Staff, Owners, and Admin.?

And Welcome! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 12:11 AM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Well Jim, thats sheds a ton of light and explains a few things.

I think your loss will probably be PM's biggest loss since Will, and might be an indication of things to come.

Theres already a post about the recent bands and the TOS that was violated, but it doesn't point out the fact that mods and pro staff aren't held to the same standard.

Todd

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 04:28 AM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
it sure opens my eyes. I think I will take a break from PM for a while. hell all the ones that knows somethin about predator huntin is here now.
Posts: 54 | From: sc pa. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 05:34 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Jack. I don't remember a complaint. I think I said " Man that was fast", but I guess anything not praising PM is a complaint nowdays. The only thing that took to long was me doing it.

[ July 21, 2006, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: varmit hunter ]

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 05:43 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Heck Lonny, if YOU are buying the Beam, I NEED to be there!

Ronnie, we'll get there somehow, someday.

I have not been back over to PM to see if I've been whacked or not. Really doesn't matter, so I don't think I'll even look. As Rich keeps pointing out, there ARE some good folks over there. But the organization, the board itself as a whole, I want only to put distance between myself and it.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
River Runner
Member # 880

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 06:43 AM      Profile for River Runner   Email River Runner         Edit/Delete Post 
I do miss a lot of the members, and yes Lonny it feels great to get that off my chest. Any administrator could not ask for a better bunch of members...period.
Not all the staff is running a half a bubble out of plumb. I need to point that out. I feel bad for a couple of the good guys.

I know it's just a little helpless place, but you guys that removed your banners, I'll put them on my site for free. I'm not running a business I just want a place to continue on with the friends I have made over there....without going over there. finsandfur.net/forums

Posts: 10 | From: SW Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 07:14 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, I didn't even know you had a site with forums. I'll put it in my favorites.
Jack, I don't know what to think about your posts. I know you are an intelligent man but both of your posts on this thread clearly demonstrate exactly the arrogant, negative, combative mind-set of the moderators that are responsible for all of this nonsense.

IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 07:31 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I had no idea. What a mess. Guess maybe because I dont hang out there any...

Welcome aboard Jim!! Dont know you at all, but I can tell I like ya already. [Smile]

Rich, maybe its just me, but my observations are from this board alone and Jack has always had a arrogance about him. Seems to like to let folks know he has the cash too....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 08:01 AM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for explaining that River!

I just knew that a couple of them guys were crooked! Just from hearing them talk about themselves!

I am with Bigben. I am taking a break from there for a while!!!

Posts: 167 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 08:05 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember talking at length with Randy Black when he and Jim took over the ship. It is just simply amazing that such a mutiny could occur, and I think it is good public information that it finally got out. I know that those two put a tremendous amount of work into that board, and to see someone step in and cause all that and basically take over is wrong. But it reminds me of the battle that we had over here that Wiley was at the head of. He was somewhat prophetic, when refering to guys that wanted something for nothing, to make overnight experts out of themselves, using the hard work and knowledge of others. Now it appears that it carries over into the boards. Rather than putting all the hard work in yourself, just find the board with the biggest membership and take it over. Boot anyone who disagrees and keep those that will keep their nose buried in your crack so that they can't see what is really going on. There are other boards that run under a dictatorship, but at least they had the balls to start their own board, not just steal one.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 08:28 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, do you ever miss?. A boiler room shot as usual.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yellerdog
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 08:32 AM      Profile for Yellerdog   Email Yellerdog         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!
A pot of coffee, half a can of copenhagen and absolutely no work accomplished yet today.
What a way to start the morning.
Very informative stuff.
I'm not going to bash PM for anything. I've always enjoyed the board. I seldom post, mostly just follow things I find interesting, just like I do here. I do hope things work out there. Especially since I recently signed on as an advertiser. I consider Redfrog a friend and a man of strong integrity. What the mods motives are? Only they truly know and will have to live with their decisions.
I had dealings with RR when setting up my adds and have nothing but good things to say about Jim.
BTW River Runner, I just signed up on your board. I’m member number 15!
This thread ought to get you some new members signing on.

All that said, Huntmasters is an outstanding board.
IT is packed full of the best and most knowledgeable Predator hunters in the land.
That is something NO other board can truthfully say.

--------------------
Lee Smith

Remember, we meet at dawn.

Posts: 59 | From: Southeastern Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 09:17 AM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya I got the skoal going on right now.

oh and I have never, but will never buy a BS video!

Or anything that shows him or his Do-rag sportin buddy either!!!

bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 09:35 AM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought all of em but I kinda got turned off by the fact that you needed to buy em all to get what most put into one video. brent saxtons and rich higgins are both very informative. unfortunately that is all I have.
Posts: 54 | From: sc pa. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 12:23 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered predator obsession!!

I will let you know how it is!!

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 01:38 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a believer in credit where credit due, Varmint hunter. 99% of what I know I learned from someone else. The coyotes may tweak it a little, but it all goes back to the basics of what someone else learned the hard way. So if I ever go "Fishing" for coyotes, your name will be sure to be mentioned.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arky
PAKMAN
Member # 883

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 02:49 PM      Profile for Arky           Edit/Delete Post 
Predator Obsession is a VERY good video......

Joe

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 02:55 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Two things to offer here..

First, Jim, I think we need to take up a collection to buy BS a Jackie Bushman Predator Masters neckerchief. I'm just saying...

Second, do any of them have any real-time experience seeing what all goes into producing a magazine, let alone launching one? About a year ago, I visited with Paul Wait at length on the phone and he pretty much gave me a primer on what it takes to produce a successful magazine in today's electronically oriented world. The distribution network issue alone is a killer. If you guys only knew how many issues of each of the '05 Predator Hunting magazines we moved, and still we didn't go to a subscription-based set up because the higher ups still don't know if it's a cost-effective direction to move. Let's just say we outsold VH, PX, and Predator & Prey, and the totals were better than 3X the membership at PM, per issue. It's going to take more commitment than a noble sense of dedication to the art and sport of calling coyotes, and well beyond being simply "something I always wanted to do." Oh well, if they try to make a go of it, I'll be smilin' when their members start whining because "all they ever publish is the same ol coyote 101 crap" LOL

Please excuse me. I need to go check out Jim's board.

I'm with Higgins - cooler heads my ass.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 02:58 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Who made Predator Obsession?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Clint
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 03:08 PM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott Ruff made predator odsession. i seen it and it is a good one, has some great bobcat footage.
Posts: 148 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 03:09 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott Ruff from Oklahoma made Predator Obsession. I think he did a good job. Has some awesome Cat footage.
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2006 03:10 PM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
How can I edit my redundant post. Clint must have hit send as I was typing my reply
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters