The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hello, ACC (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Hello, ACC
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 07:02 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they are just too lazy to use the whole word. 'be 'ey 're 'norant 'holes. [Smile]
IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 07:31 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 07:36 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
At the risk of sounding holier than thou... Using the word "yote" sounds as if a person is a rank amateur in my book. Like Q, whenever I read anything that refers to coyotes with some sort of made up name I lose interest right away. I can kind of stomach coyotes being called dogs but that is about as far as it goes. JH verbally castrated people for this years ago and I have to agree with him on that.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 09:01 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kinda late on this thread but here's my 2 cents.

I think PeyoteHunter is a really cool handle.

My favorite (as I've mentioned several times before) is the one syllable plural version pronounced "kautz".

And, just long as you keep your own hands in your own pockets, what's so wrong with letting someone into you jockstrap if it suits them just fine?!?!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 10:38 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich. Since you appeared in both the Trapper & Predator caller plus Predator Extreme this month. Shouldn't that that move you up a few notches on the "Master Meter" what ever that is?.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 10:51 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Never did like the "Dog" word. Alot of the pickup and Cb hunters in my area call them dogs. "Dog heading East", "Dog down!" Got "three dogs today", etc... It bugs the hell out of me. I can live with yotes, at least I know you are not talking about farm dogs. lol
Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 11:07 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you pronounce yote?

Is it a one syllable contraction of the two syllable coyote (ki-yote)?

Or is it a 2 syllable word (yoh-tee) made by shortening the three syllable coyote (ki-yoh-tee)?

Never heard the term used first had.

Dog doesn't bother me and use it myself, especially to identify the male.

None of the above really bothers me much, I have more important things to get riled about. Song dog or yodel dog; however, make me ill.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 11:39 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think PeyoteHunter is a really cool handle.
LOL, Loco. [Big Grin] You can still come up with a good one every now and then. But that last sentence has me wonderin'. [Confused]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
PAyotehunter
Member # 764

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 02:03 PM      Profile for PAyotehunter   Author's Homepage   Email PAyotehunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
Could you please change my screen name to PeyoteHunter, that way I can at least be cool.
Thanks

Rich H,
What did you think of Tom B ?
I remember people talking about him six or seven years ago. He was claiming to kill between one and two hundred coyotes a year in western PA. Rumor was he was on someones "pro staff" and after everyone laughing and calling him out they dropped him.
He put out a video and now there talking about him again, here is one thread http://huntnpa.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1156080961 .
I rate him up there with Bill M, a lying A-hole.
Tom is charging over $100 for one of his seminars. I went to a Dennis Kirk coyote hunting seminar in the early 90's and felt violated when it was over, and that was only $30. I have a little respect for Dennis K. I felt his seminar was helpful for someone just starting out, plus he at least had pictures and videos(even though they were filmed in the west)to show that he has hunted and shot coyote.

Posts: 57 | From: Northeast PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 02:56 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I much prefer the term "coyote". Two syllables, straight forward. If I'm ever so damned busy that I can't allow myself the luxury of adding enough breath to make that second syllable, then I'm, well, too damned busy.

Now, I'd never thought of using the term yote, as in yo-tee. I didn't think there was anything worser then coyoteee, but you have certainly found it. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. Go find someone that uses that term and invite them on over since we seem to be finished rattling ACC's cage. We's needin' fresh meat.

And Loco, what the hell are you talking about? You're scaring me, man.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 03:09 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
CANIS LATRANS (barking dog)yote , dog ,coyote, coyotee. what ever you wanna call em as long as long as we all know what they are whats the difference. I love em , and have refered to them as all of the above as well as fury little cunning bastard.Meaning no disrespect whatsoever.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 03:36 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote off Tom B many years ago when he was claming to shoot around 200 coyotes and 100 fox a year in PA and NH. Sounds like he has a good line of shit so I am sure he will make some money.

Good hunting.

Q.

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 03:37 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Edit; double post

[ August 30, 2006, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Q-Wagoner ]

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 03:44 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
I look at it like this. And im not stickin my hands in nobodys jockstrap here but think about this way.

I read over at PM about this topic. Everyone ofcourse is sayin who cares what you call them and screw them self rightouse pricks, more or less.

But i figure i dont think a person is bad for calling them yotes, but you got to think of it this way. If the very people that has tought us all about coyote huntin and about them in general as far as there habbits and vocalzations,etc, thinks they(coyote) ought to be respected more . Maybe we should think about just calling them coyotes out of respect for the animal and the people that know alot more than alot of us and have shown alot of us the way. And i keep saying us because i learn somnthing evryday from some of you. Including that if a guy dont show a lil repect he as well wont be respected. And im not jacking anybody off , its just a thought.

[ August 30, 2006, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: stevecriner ]

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 03:57 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I think its funny when other boards read something and then gotta have their own conversation to stroke each other and make sure everyones feelings are ok.

All you gotta do is read and pay attention. See whos calling coyotes and whos calling yotes in everyday conversation. Its all in the archives. Then its pretty easy to see who are the real hunters and who are the ass patters.
[Wink]

--------------------
Andy

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 04:36 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody, and I mean not even God himself has ever shot 200 coyotes and 1oo fox in New Hampshire. They only trapped 659 coyotes last year.

Even if he said he only shot 50% of them in NH he would still be 100% full of crap.

By the way, they are not coyotes here, they are CoyDogs. We don't have coyotes. Ask any old timer. CoyDogs we got, coyotes, no.

This is New England, can't tell anyone anything and you can't tell me anyone shoots 100 coyotes a year here cause we ain't got any.

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 05:58 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I might as well throw in my .2 worth. I call them coyote most of the time. It dosent bother me to much if they are called something else. What strikes a nerve on me is when they call a female coyote a wet bitch.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5091 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 05:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
200 coyotes a year in PA. & NH?? Yeah right, and somebody's peeing in my pocket and trying to tell me that it's raining. That guy should go visit Krusty to show him how to hunt the thick stuff & Krusty could show him how to at least be honest about not getting anything.

OK......now that we all love & respect the coyote and call him by his proper name comes the big question; Do we respect the coyote as a game animal enough to hold off sport hunting during the denning & early summer season? (Question does not apply to control work by real ADC guys). "Saw a can of worms & just had to open it."

Loco; even if you shave your legs & other body parts you're still not going to get your hands in my jock strap. I can hire women to do that and repeat the phrase "But it's so big" without laughing. Sorry!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7595 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
PAyotehunter
Member # 764

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 06:36 PM      Profile for PAyotehunter   Author's Homepage   Email PAyotehunter         Edit/Delete Post 
I have two questions.
Who is Krusty??
quote:
I can hire women to do that and repeat the phrase "But it's so big" without laughing.
You have to pay women to do that? [Eek!]
Posts: 57 | From: Northeast PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 06:37 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely. No hunting from March to Sept, at least. For me anyway...

--------------------
Andy

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 06:55 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
As I've stated before, the reason I cringe at the term "coyote-ee" is because in this part of the world, the people you hear pronounce it that way just tend to not have any mud in their wheel wells. Most of them are townies that don't hunt, can't hunt, and generally won't hunt. Those that do hunt or who live in the country call them coyotes.

I generally do not refer to them generically as "dogs". When I do use that term, I'm referring specifically to the male coyote in the context of differentiating the animal or the situation in which it was called from targeting a female.

quote:
What strikes a nerve on me is when they call a female coyote a wet bitch.
This term doesn't bother me if the person saying it is using it in its proper context - discussing a lactating bitch. If someone has a habit of referring to all female coyotes as lactating bitches, then that just shows ignorance.

From a technical standpoint, I also don't have a problem with anyone properly using the terms "dog", "bitch", "sire" or "dam". All are appropriate when used in referring to canines as long as they're used accurately. Just my .02.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 07:43 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli,
All i can say is that yes, i respect the cunning little bastards (coyotes that is [Wink] )but i still enjoy killin them. [Big Grin]

As for goin as far as putting a season on them as a game animal. Nah.

JD

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 07:45 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't obsess over this issue either, but admittedly, Im mildly annoyed when I hear the term "yote", probably equals my annoyance with the pronunciation of "Leupold" scopes, called Leopold....like fingernails on a chalkboard kind of thing with me,same as with calling a coyote, a "yote".
I will use the term "dog", but only when referring to the male,as in "I shot a big old dog this morning",other than that, it's always coyote.
I had to peek over at the PA site, Andy pretty much nailed it, same guy who tosses around the term "yote" is the same guy who shoots them and lets em lay,is the same guy,who revels in showing pictures of guts blown across the pasture,and on and on,they stick out like a sore thumb.
But hey, the term thats even harder to get a guys mind around,and pronounce correctly is "Sako"(Sock-o) 8 out of 10 times I bet you'll hear them called "Say-co",or the most misused firearms/hunting term,"clip", that one grinds my teeth, when the correct term is "magazine".
Lots to irratate we hunters ehh...... [Smile]

Posts: 1634 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 07:49 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
CoyDogs we got, coyotes, no.
THO, I can guess where the "Dog" part came from, but where do you suppose they think the "Coy" part of the equation comes from? Artificial insemination?
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 07:49 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, as far as the three syllable pronounciation. Only people I've ever heard call them coyotees around here are people that don't hunt.

"Do we respect the coyote as a game animal enough to hold off sport hunting during the denning & early summer season?"

Sure. No sweat. For me anyway. Same time though, I'm not religous about it, and don't really care if somebody else wants to go suffer in the heat to hunt coyotes. It's really none of my business and experience has shown that God makes plenty of coyotes and I'll still do just fine starting in the fall - even in the same areas that get hunted early by others. I do get embarrassed for the guys who come back from killing a pup and have to post pictures and tell the story, milk mustache and all.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters