The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Coyote calling demographics (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Coyote calling demographics
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:51 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
RB: "I can see it now. There'll be a big push to get legislation to copyright all our ideas so no one can use them except the one who actually came up with the idea.

Let's see, calling downwind is taken, crosswind is taken and upwind is taken. What's left for me?"

So now we try to discredit the issue with a political spin job? Legislating coyote calling ideas?? Yeh, that's really what this was about wasn't it Randy? Another reach!

If you have the experience and miles to back what you are teaching, if you have shown respect to those who have taught you, and if you aren't into "look at me" showboating, this thread is not aimed at you so why have you taken it so personally?

Even after a complete explanation you're still struggling with this and I have to wonder why? If it's not a guilty conscience, what is it Randy?

This was never about my need to be stroked. That was a spin job. If I lacked for self confidence do you honestly think I'd bring up such a touchy subject in the company of such fragile egos? That was another spin job. Misrepresentation of what has been stated. Yet another spin job. The Clinton administration had nothing on some of you guys.

The issue is clear! There's only a handful that are still trying to spin it. One can only guess why.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 03:44 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Wiley E,

I am done with your initial conversation, but I will add my thoughts on what has happened here.

It has been stated that you where basically trolling to get a response that you knew would come. Some even bragged on you about it. Wow, that makes you such a great guy for trying to start a fight for no good reason. If it was true that you didnt care what anyone else thought about you then why even post it to begin with. I am sure your buddies are calling to pat you on the back, but it didnt impress anyone but you and your buddies.

There have been alot of other guys kicked off of websites for "trolling" and making "baited" comments. I am sure this would not have been tolerated if you didnt know certian people. It is nice to see you use your pull in such positive ways.

Leonard, you run a great site and I like your "it will all work itself out" policy, but in some instances (like this one) it degrades the group as a whole. This post has said nothing new in the last 3 pages, just a bunch of babling and bickering. I was apart of it myself, and wish I would have just let it go. I did for awhile but certian comments and constant jabbing at the subject drew me in. There is a reason that "trolling" is viewed as a negative thing, because it is just that "NEGATIVE". I hate to see this type of thing blow up into such a big deal. Because thats exactly what he wanted. This post had no real meaning from the get go. It was portrayed as such, but in recent posts the real reason came out, to troll. I just dont see the meaning of it, other than to cause a big stink.

I just feel that this issue has drug on long enough.

Todd

[ December 29, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 04:29 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't speculate on motive Todd. You assume because someone claimed I was simply trolling for a reaction that this is the case.

The intent of this topic is obvious to anyone with any common sense and an objective mind and that is to make the inexperienced callers amongst us think a little before they take someone else's hard earned knowledge, claim it as their own, and sell it for their own financial gain and notoriety on a "look at me" video. If that offends you, too damn bad. It's obvious that some of the more experienced callers felt the same way.

There is no contradiction between my not caring what some of the fragile egos think of me and why I posted it. Caring about this issue and how it might offend someone is two seperate issues. If you can't understand that it's no wonder why you missed the intent.

If you want a handholding forum where everyone agrees with your commercialization philosophies and never questions it I suggest you start one. Most everyone I talked to understands the concern with the issue of selling someone else's knowledge with the exception of a handful who obviously have guilty consciences.

Until I'm banned from this site I'll say what's on my mind. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Todd: "I just feel that this issue has drug on long enough."

Quick, someone dial 911. Todd is being forced to read this thread against his will.

If you don't like it DON'T READ IT. Nobody has a gun to your head or do they?

~SH~

[ December 29, 2005, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 5 posted December 29, 2005 04:33 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Did somebody call me a prostitute? [Confused]

[ December 29, 2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 04:39 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
GW: "Did somebody call me a prostitute?"

Not hardly Gerald but that's certainly been the political spin by the fragile egos.

Everyone knows that you are experienced and selling your own product not inexperienced and selling someone else's hard earned knowledge for your own financial gain or notoriety.

~SH~

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 9 posted December 29, 2005 04:50 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was Byron.

Go figure...I take a struggling video maker with me to the Huntmasters campout to save him some gas and even let him eat some of my crackers on the way out. Then he has the gaul to call me a prostitute. [Mad]

Hey Scott, remember the time we met....where was it....the Peoria NTA maybe or was it at one of the Kansas meets. I think I demonstrated our howler for you. If I am not wrong, I think it was when it still had the old blue funnel. I figured you did not think much of my ability to blow it since you did not say anything afterwards other than offering to take me out howling with you. I wish I had taken you up on that one because I still can't howl very good. Can I still come out? I promise I will not put out a video on Howling after I visit with you. [Wink]

[ December 29, 2005, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 04:53 PM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott said: So now we try to discredit the issue with a political spin job? Legislating coyote calling ideas?? Yeh, that's really what this was about wasn't it Randy? Another reach!

Geeezzz. It was said in JEST! You have no sense of humor either, do you?

Isn't it funny how everyone on here is ASSUMING this or that? Isn't funny how this thread has been kept alive by your ego? [Roll Eyes]

For some reason you feel everyone who responds is guilty. Maybe in your eyes we are. Who cares? So, don't buy our videos. That'll teach us. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308

Posts: 158 | From: Parkers Prairie, MN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 05:16 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Q, By the time I got through your note, I had gone through one pot of coffee, then had to get another to get to all the subsequent posts.

What I find a bit ironic by these hundreds of posts, is that we all gain from someone else's knowledge. That is how we learn. We apply the knowledge gained from others, combine it with our own experiences, all with the intent of bettering ourselves in our chosen careers or passions.

In the end, it doesn't matter how experienced we are or aren't, if we choose a method of communication to share that knowledge, someone will be interested in acquiring it. Books, Articles, Seminars, Campfires, DVD's, 8-tracks.

I am personally thankful for all that have ever taken the time to write words or put together a video/DVD as it is easier to put my hands on these items to gain additional knowledge and insights.

Is any of it new? not really, it is information that has been passed down for generations only presented a bit differently. Take the Bible for example. One Word, One Truth; Many variations due to different interpretations and presentments.

So to all you taking your valuable time to make video's and share information, continue doing it. I guess I am one "john" that will continue to pay for your services and I don't care if your are a virgin or know every trick in the book.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 05:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, maybe my policy is no better than other places, can't say? I think you are an honorable guy, so is Jeff, if you ever had a doubt about my opinion.

I will suggest that there is a strong undercurrent here, that is not visible to the casual observer.

Getting banned from Huntmasters is difficult, but not impossible. Scott has not even come close to the threshold, and I actually understand his point of view. Some people can build on a mentor, others are just a fake, taking complete concepts and portraying them as original ideas. Done in a way to enhance their stature, like claiming thirty years of experience.

I know this happens, and I also know some of the people that do it, driven by ambition. Sharing predator hunting knowledge and secrets with the masses is not the motivation; they only want fame and fortune.

Those that have special knowledge, my advice: be careful of sharing that knowledge with these people, or you may wind up feeling betrayed by friendship. No fame, no fortune, and no credit, either.

I think that is what Scott is trying to say, although exactly who he is talking about, I haven't a clue. But, I'm dying to find out. No, these "troll" posts do not scare me or offend me, at all. There are lessons to be learned, truths to be revealed, surprising and interesting developments. Cheap entertainment.

Good hunting. LB

[ December 29, 2005, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 05:37 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, I honestly don't remember you demonstrating your blue howler for me and don't be offended because my memory is not what it once was.

I started using coyote vocalizations in the early 80's when Bill Austin was selling his howlers. I remember meeting and visiting with you but I can't remember which convention it was. That's been a lot of trapping conventions ago.

I think we were both supposed to be on a T&PC coyote coyote calling video once or maybe we both were. I don't even have a copy of it anymore. All I can remember is calling up a pair of coyotes and watching them shy which took me completely off guard forcing me to take a running shot which I missed. GK was sitting up with his camera and tripod on a bare hill and skylined to boot and I hadn't noticed. I shot the next coyote before he had a chance to see GK.

I am quite sure I have a blue howler stashed away some where and I'm sure it would work just fine.

Interesting how you mentioned thinking that I was not very impressed with your howl. Gerald you have been around this game long enough to know that what I think of a howl is really irrelevant. It's what the coyotes think of that howl that matters. I've heard some of the most pathetic howls from coyotes and I have heard some of the most pathetic howls from callers call in coyotes just the same as a picture perfect howl to my way of thinking.

Sure, come on up sometime. I'm sure we could learn a lot from eachother. In another 6 months I should be moved into my new house and have a room for ya. For as long as we have both been around the trapping/calling circles I would thoroughly enjoy the visit.

RB: "Isn't it funny how everyone on here is ASSUMING this or that? Isn't funny how this thread has been kept alive by your ego?"

Isn't funny how you're still fretting over this when you've already "supposedly" accepted and understood my explanation?

You just can't spin it to your satisfaction can you?

RB: "For some reason you feel everyone who responds is guilty."

You know that's a lie.

~SH~

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 05:42 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard! I'm glad you can see past the smoke.

You still possess the same wisdom you portrayed on the old Posse Country forum when we were rattling sabors over the government funded ADC program. I still miss AzWill's wit. He was one funny guy.

~SH~

Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 05:56 PM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott,

I'm satisfied with my spin and amazed by yours.

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 06:08 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, there are a lot of issues that trouble me about this post. Being a Republican in good standing the first I have to ask is if I've been paying your salary the last couple of days???
Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 06:49 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald,

Them was good crackers.

See ya at the HO-down.

Byron [Big Grin]

[ December 29, 2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Byron South ]

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:34 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Getting banned from here is not easy.

So what if someone else (like me maybe) couldn't get away with a similar thread (on here or any other board)?
You do have to consider the source, in a situation like this.

Scott typically throws a topic out there, and it lands about like this one.
Doesn't make Scott a bad guy, or his topics bad topics.
I myself have a lot to think about, the call making world mirrors the video making/sharing of information world in a lot of ways.

I respect and admire those who helped me develop my skills as a call maker, from which I did make a buck or two.
I have passed on that information, but I have always acknowledged my mentors and peers, and never expected anything in return financial or otherwise.
I have more than "given back" (to those who helped and supported me, and to the sport as a whole where I can) and I will continue to do so.

Even if Scott was talking about me, I have nothing to feel guilty for.

Scott,

You didn't mean me, did you? LOL [Razz]

Krusty  -

P.S. I have yet to see a video I'd pay a single dime for (but I'd never part with the ones I've recieved as gifts).
There's only one I have watched more than once, and that's only because it's so long (I got sleepy and even had to watch the second half a third time).

P.P.S. I am a classic example of learning from one guy, who may have learned from another guy, without my ever knowing it.
I guess in some way I owe Scott my thanks, for whatever light his conversations with Mr Cronk brought to my own call making.

[ December 29, 2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:37 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for Norm [Cool]
---------------------
Read everything so far, pretty interesting, well some of it. I see & understand, what [Wiley E] is saying.

Personally, I've passed on everything I can remember to anyone who listens or wants to read or follow [my own fodder].

The only thing, I wish to come of any of it. Is for a person to have a better coyote hunt. If a person used this info, in a video or whatever... No big-whoop to me.

My payment or recognition. Come's from, when a person use's my experience to better themselve's. On killing coyotes. Whether I get mentioned, thanked or not. I don't care.

As it, origionally was passed down to me [from my Dad]. Didn't cost me a dime. But many hrs in the field, observing, & asking questions.

Funny thing is I would've & did, put in my own time anyway [Wink] .

edited; for grammer [Big Grin]

[ December 29, 2005, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: 2dogs ]

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 08:02 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, how are ya? Been a while since I`ve exchanged blows with you on the keyboard, I see you`re always improving your skills on the boards, hopefully you`ve done the same with your math skills. [Smile]

Never a dull moment, eh.

Don`t worry I`m not gonna go off on a rampage, at least not on my first post. I will however give an opinion from the outside (so to speak) It seems to me & maybe hundreds of other people who stumble through from time to time that you & some of the other "experienced" callers are the ones with a teensy little ego problem.

If you like to help others learn about calling or trapping coyotes it would seem that you SHOULD be pleased about folks picking up a video to learn more about the sport, after all if these ideas were pirated from "experienced professionals" such as yourself then I would say that it would be a damn good video with some damn good advice, but it seems that the real problem is that you guys didn`t get the "fame & fortune" that you so greatly despise about these "showboaters".

It`s rude & inconsiderate of them for sure but maybe the end would justify the means if YOUR ego wasn`t so fragile. If I could pick up some of your knowledge about coyotes I would gladly put up with a "showboater" video host to do so. Why don`t you put YOUR ego on the shelf & make a kick arse video & bless the calling world with your knowledge. I`d buy it.

I always enjoy your threads (in a strange sort of way) very thought provoking indeed.

I think Byron & others were only defending their proffesion, as they should, I would, wouldn`t you?

Norm, You da man, always have been, always will be.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted December 29, 2005 08:33 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea Scott, we were in the same video now that you mention it. My memory is not so good anymore either. Hey, I guess we ARE Professionals since the name of that one was "Calling with the Professionals". Sure hate that we lost Gordy to the NAHC guys. I am sure he is having fun galavanting all over the globe. If anyone deserves it, its Gordy.

I am going to get to be out with him again the last week in Jan on a writers hunt with HS. I look forward to harrassing him. He hates it when I bring up his band playing days. [Big Grin]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 09:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
JD, welcome to HM

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 09:41 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Leonard, you run a good board here. I`ve dropped by many times in the past few months but I guess it took one of Scotts threads to finally pull me in. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 10:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally had a chance to look up a "misting" thread on PM. I'm sorry but.... talk about a few confused people! No clue. Especially Byron; wrote a whole list of reasons why misting won't work.

Dude, you are not qualified to tell the public something about which you don't understand. [Smile]

Also, another gem I read: the reasoning that...."if it worked, everybody would be using it". Hello! Everybody out here IS using it. Out here, we are third generation, Texas is in the dark ages, in comparison.

It's in stuff like this that I understand where Scott Huber is coming from.

Another thread stumbled on over there, while looking for the misting article. Someone asked about red filters, (something like that) and Todd recommended red spray Dykem. Good deal. Excellent informative post......

Of course, nobody in the whole world ever heard of red Dykem for night hunting until I spread the word; since I invented it. Sniff, sniff, nobody knows that it's my technique, used by many, and Boo hoo/no credit! Life is not fair. We pioneers get thrown in the junk pile un-named, uncredited and unknown.

It's tough being a footnote, but even a footnote would be nice, once in a while. <sniff, sniff>

Good hunting. LB

[ December 29, 2005, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 04:26 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

I don't use piss and I don't use dykem on my lights. I may use dykem some day but I promise I'll never use piss. [Eek!] [Smile] [Wink] [Razz]

So, in just in case I do... I want to send out a big THANK YOU!!

Oh, and I also want to thank you for bringing flipper lights to my attention too. You didn't show or tell me what they were but you were so elusive that with some help, was able to track down some picutures so I at least knew what you were talking about. I'll likely never go to the trouble of making one but I've kept those pictures in case I do. But, THANK YOU.

Scott, I should also probably thank you. You've been good entertainment over the years. Your antagonistic and egomaniacal (sp) ways have humored me on many occasions. If I think back to what I may have learned from you about predator hunting, I realize that it's nothing. It seems that the only thing you come on the board here for is to stir the pot. Leonard and others here share information. You... stir....stir.....stir.

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 06:27 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang Leonard,

Sorry I don't agree with you. You miss read my post. I listed my take on the negatives and the positives of misting. I simply came to the conclusion the positives didn't outweigh the negatives.
This is quoted from my first response to that thread in question.

"I'm not arguing the results others have had with misting just offering the approach and methods I use and how they pertain to the subject. If misting works for you then keep doing what your doing. If you have never tried it then you owe it to yourself to try it. Your mileage may vary."

Here's a link to that thread.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=1&Number=52214806&page=3&fpart=1

Now, where's my hat.... there it is, see you guys later.

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 06:59 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
JD: "It seems to me & maybe hundreds of other people who stumble through from time to time that you & some of the other "experienced" callers are the ones with a teensy little ego problem."

I can understand how it could appear that way and I fully anticipated that spin when I brought the topic up.

JD: "If you like to help others learn about calling or trapping coyotes it would seem that you SHOULD be pleased about folks picking up a video to learn more about the sport, after all if these ideas were pirated from "experienced professionals" such as yourself then I would say that it would be a damn good video with some damn good advice, but it seems that the real problem is that you guys didn`t get the "fame & fortune" that you so greatly despise about these "showboaters"."

Like I said, I fully expected my not getting the "fame and fortune" to be the popular spin in response to this issue. This issue goes much deeper than that and that's not even true. If I wanted fame and fortune I could have easily went down that road.

The biggest issue with me is the experience behind the information being presented and the lack of respect for those who taught us. I don't have any problems with the videos themselves. As a matter of fact a good friend of mine, MG from Wyoming had some of the first real good coyote calling videos out there and I even furnished the dogs for one of them. I didn't have a big problem with it even though it was teaching ADC methods to the private sector without a lot of explanation for where these methods applied (denning season not fur season) which some guys do have a problem with. This man had the miles behind him to present good information. That was the difference.

Perhaps I can give you a more specific example of exactly what I'm talking about. I've been in the trapping and calling circles since the early 70's. I have seen trappers with a tremendous amount of experience like John Smith (fictional)give of their experience willingly to teach others to trap. Enter the "fast buck artist". The next thing I see is John Smith's methods that were presented at demos at trapping conventions being sold on a video by the "fast buck artist" WITH THE INCORRECT APPLICATION OF THE INFORMATION. The "fast buck artist" wasn't interested in teaching about trapping, he was interested in producing a "look at me" video for a quick buck and notoriety. Worse yet, he never bothered to give credit to the man that taught him. He's not even around anymore but I have to wonder how many young trappers this phony misled before everyone had him figured out.

Now does that look like my ego problem Jason?

Is it my ego problem that the respect was not given to the real teacher?

This issue is not just about selling someone else's hard work and knowledge without giving them recognition, this is about the hyper "fast buck artists" who doesn't have the experience to even understand the plagerized knowledge they are trying to teach others".

They are in it for the buck and they are in it for the fame. I have actually seen guys give coyote trapping demos that hadn't caught 20 coyotes. Is that my ego problem?

This issue goes way beyond an experienced caller or trapper not getting recognition for the people he taught, this is about respect and it's about having enough experience to understand what you are teaching.

Worse yet, in their quest for originality, these hyper "look at me" "flash in the pan" types will try to come up with some original thought or original idea that is counter productive to what they are actually teaching. It's amazing! For example, by placing a call lure away from their set on a fence post, they would actually pull the intended fox or coyote away from their set but they were more interested in coming up with an original idea. It's quite pathetic.

The ego isn't on the side of the experienced caller or trapper, the ego is on the "look at me" side of this equation that doesn't even have the experience to know where to apply the knowledge he has learned.

Who is helped by bad information?

You're right about one thing Jason, the way to offset bad information from "fast buck artists" is with good information. I haven't done an indepth video yet for three reasons:

1. I don't feel I have enough experience yet to present the level of information that I want to present.

2. I want to wait until most of the men who taught me are no longer calling and trapping out of respect for them.

3. I'm not ready to pass on all of the things I have learned over the years.

Catch 22, I know!

Now for a picture perfect example of a real ego problem.......

RB (in response to me): "If I think back to what I may have learned from you about predator hunting, I realize that it's nothing."

I couldn't add anything to that statement if I tried. I will let that statement define Randy Buker and what an ego problem really is.

In contrast, I can say without hesitation that I have as much coyote calling and trapping knowledge as anyone with the same years of trapping and calling experience and I have yet to meet a caller or trapper that I couldn't learn something from even those with very limited experience and large egos.

You know what's worse than someone with such an ego problem that he doesn't have the decency to acknowledge those with more experience? Actually discrediting them. Unbelievable. I can't even begin to relate.

~SH~

[ December 30, 2005, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 07:17 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, I'm sick to death of you taking things I say out of context. As you will note, I posted in this thread that you have a very good reputation as a coyote man. When I said: "If I think back to what I may have learned from you about predator hunting, I realize that it's nothing."

Note that I didn't say I couldn't learn anything from you. You have far too many years and coyotes under your belt for me to believe that. What I did say was that you come on here and spew forth a bunch of crap that isn't useful for anyone. You aren't interested in helping people learn to kill more coyotes.

Because I used Leonard as an example before,I'll do so again. Take misting for example. I've seen many times where he's taken the time to explain what it is and how to do it. He's taken heat from a lot of people who poo-poo this method but he still gives of himself. Please, master Scott, direct me to a post where you helped anyone. I must have missed it. You come on here all puffed up and full of yourself and usually just bitch about something. Just like you did in this thread.

You also said:
"I will let that statement define Randy Buker and his level of arrogance. That was perfect Randy!" (Edit: This was the original statment Scott used. He later went in to change things.)

The only way that statment will define Randy Buker will be if those reading it will take it out of context as you did. Too many people here know me and know that your opinion of me is nothing but crap.

You attempt to twist what others say in order to stroke your ego. The thing you don't realize is that you aren't slick or smooth and others see through the crap.

[ December 30, 2005, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Randy Buker ]

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters