The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Where's Byron and Gerald? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Where's Byron and Gerald?
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 05:21 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, you are over here on an open forum challenging nearly everything these guys have to say, Why don’t you go over to PM and challenge what those parties involved have to say? Better yet, why don’t you set up a formal public debate on PM or here where ONLY the parties involved is allowed to post? That would eliminate all outside interferences. Everything could be brought to light and an end could be brought to this entire affair.

I think the reason you are here and not there is because you wouldn’t want to put your “friends” on the hot seat. Here it doesn’t matter right? You wouldn’t want to embarrass your friends on a public forum by challenging everything they have to say would you? At this point you have to know most of what is going on yet you are here not there. Why is that? Whether you know it or not it looks bad for a person of your stature to question the validity of what someone has to say.

If one side wants to make everything public and the other side is doing everything in there power to keep it quiet then who do you think has something to hide?

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 05:41 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Some folks gotta hide behind their attorneys. Its their security blanket....".

Some people just don't know when to quit.

Touch a nerve? [Roll Eyes]

Tim took the words out of my mouth. I would hitch my wagon on Higgins word. No doubt about it....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 05:41 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich is correct about the polygraph format. As an ex-cop that makes sense.

For the test to be effective it would take a little advanced planning. A number of Yes/No questions would have to be solicited from both sides. The examiner would analyze these for maximum stress potential.

It will take input from both sides of this controversey to make the test viable. The advanced preparation necessary is the reason it is so expensive. An ex-CIA examiner would be considered highly qualified.

The other advantage to doing this test is, it will relieve GS of all the pressures and expectations of being a moderator which he says he never wanted to do in the first place.

But, then he will have undisputable evidence of who was being truthful and who was playing him for a sucker (once again).

Funny isn't it, how this is becoming "all about Gerald". The original players in this soap have all been upstaged, lol. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 10 posted October 02, 2006 06:18 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tim. That was the point I was trying to make a few posts ago. It was not meant to be an inflammatory post, it was just stating the facts.

In my experience, a Texan will come to the aid of another Texan right or wrong.

The post became "relevant" in my mind, when the people who were "inflammed" by the post responded and they happened to be from Texas.

Tripp-You must be a football fan. If so, please remember that Rhett Bomar is from Texas and we sent his ass home. I enjoy your posts and did not intend to offend you in any manner.

Gerald-I'm from Oklahoma and was actually rooting for Texas in the Rose Bowl.

My apologies if my post made you feel as if I was disparaging your great state.

[ October 02, 2006, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Brad Norman ]

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 06:25 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
An ex-CIA examiner would be considered highly qualified.

You guys sure this is a Polygraph you're talking about and not Water Boarding?

Just wondering [Smile]

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 06:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, what am I to think, Brad? Anybody but SoCal? That's my team, you know? LB

Polygraph tests are okay for security clearances and government work, but my bs meter is the same as men have used since the beginning of time. It's highly reliable, when administered properly. Check it out.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:11 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been reading with great interest and trying to keep my fingers off the keyboard, but I have to say this. Most anyone that wants to know the truth in the actions of certain others against a few here can do enough digging to find it. I know some of the posts were cleverly buried and deleted, but so what. I personally am past the point of caring about it. If someone slighted me or backstabbed me over an internet forum it is the least of my worries. Leonard, I am glad you have let this dialog remain open and I feel that Higgins has done a very good job of defending himself and his actions against some that have tried to throw him under the bus. Gerald, you are a heck of a guy, and I am glad you are here trying to ease the strain or figure out the truth (whichever the case). Higgins, I hope you don't feel that you are on your own in your defense, because some of us others also have talked to many involved and also know the truth of much of what has taken place. I know that others besides Me, Vic and Higgins have been wronged. Some way worse that I was. I just personally don't feel the need to defend myself. It will all come out in the wash eventually. As for the Arizona hunt, I may or may not be there, depending on if I find some country to hunt, but I am pretty sure I will be at Rawlins at Nationals, and at St Francis, and I'll bet that none of the Texans in question are entered at any of them.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:20 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

No offense taken, none at all -- really. I consider all you guys friends, but sometimes we've got to keep each other in line.

As for Rhett Bomar, once he crossed the state line we disowned his ass, and I believe he sent his own ass home.

I guess I really shouldn't diss OU football players too bad. After all, 90% of their starters have come from Texas for the last thirty years. [Smile]

As for sticking up for our own, yes we Texans are known for that. Love us or hate us, we tend to defend our home and our brothers (although in this case I was defending no one). I'd expect nothing less from Arizonans, Oklahomans, Kansans, and so on.

Good hunting and please tell Aggy you love him while you're kicking his ass. [Smile]

[ October 02, 2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:24 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will be at Rawlins at Nationals, and at St Francis, and I'll bet that none of the Texans in question are entered at any of them.
Hmmmmmm, does the phrase "All blow and no go" have any relevance here? [Confused]
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:33 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, I just figured you were gainfully employed by antelope or deer hunters. I didn' know that you were excercising restraint and common sense. [Smile]
You are right, there are others. I should have acknowledged Browning204 sooner. I don't know him and I never corresponded with him aside from a couple of posts on PM. Yet he was included in GG's blacklist effort for writing a post supporting the three of us.
If I can get access to a private ranch for you, will you be able to make it to Williams?

IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:50 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Too be honest, I'm pretty damned ignorant as to what this whole beef is about -- I have some vague ideas but not much more than that.

I do know a couple of things though. I have known Gerald Stewart for years and in all my dealings with him have found him to be a 100% stand-up guy. I have also met Rich Higgins and feel as strongly for him. I have learned a great bit reading his posts, watching his videos and listening to him talk. If there is anyone on this planet who knows more about Canis latrans I'd be shocked.

I like the polygraph idea -- I have no doubt Higgins will pass with flying colors, and to help him I'll toss in fifty bucks to see it happen.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 07:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you do that, Higgins. And what about your other buddy? I might like to attend that hunt, if I had some decent area....up north? Oh, wait, how much does it cost? I'm on a fixed income, ya know? LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 7 posted October 03, 2006 05:51 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Higgins, I have been up to my elbows in antelope (literally) for a while now, but I get to check in every few days. And yes, we are trying to find somewhere to hunt and if you can find us something that would be great. I have a couple friends that grew up here that now manage ranches down there that I am trying to find. But I am not really sure what part of Arizona they are even in.

One of the most abused parties in the whole mess of what all has taken place, strangely enough, is another Texan. And one that I like. Varmint Hunter has been on the recieving end of several wrong doings by other Texans. I personally wouldn't want him pissed at me! [Wink]

--------------------

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 5 posted October 03, 2006 06:55 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich posts:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was afraid that this might give the appearance that I was somehow going to come to a conclusion and boldly broadcast it to the world in a public forum. Since I have stated that this was for my purpose I had hoped that expectation would not be there.

Is that what is expected of me now? That I will have to choose sides and call one wrong and the other right. People are mistaken if they think I am a representative FOR anyone other than me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
If not then be patient and let me try to get something done.

My response: Does seem contridictory doesn't it. The reason it appears so is because my intentions and involvment have evolved as it has drawn out. My initial effort was to find out the facts of what this is all about. As it has gone on, I came to feel that maybe since so many put their trust in me to be honest and possibly help resolve it, I would pursue it at the risk of getting damaged in it myself. I am not sure why but I keep trudging on. I guess one influence could be the fact that I am trying to follow up on suggestions that Rich gave me, you know Rich, that list of names that you gave an arms length long, of people I assume you believed would corroborate your story. I am sorry that my effort to do that does not meet your time table. We all have lives to live and I have no control over how long it takes them to get back to me. The people who you gave me have given me additional names so the time required to be "FAIR" just continues to grow. I was doing it out of my effort to be fair to you, friend.

Rich:
"You obviously will never stop dancing around each and every issue of this sorry affair and I am through chasing you".

This affair is changing you into something not even you will be comfortable with. I feel sorry for you Rich.

NASA:
"If they were were as worthless as GS claims"

Norm got it Nasa. I am dissappointed you and Rich did not.

Tim:
"It's a good thing that I've become a Politically Correct type of person who ignores stereotypes, otherwise I'd have to point out the irony in having two guys from Texas, accuse a guy from Arizona of lying."

Bring it on big fella, I can take any Texas dig you can dish out. I believe that when somebody picks on them or pokes fun at them it is really because they like them deep inside or want to be like them. Bring it on. [Wink] [Razz]

Q:
"Gerald, you are over here on an open forum challenging nearly everything these guys have to say,

This kind of a swipe with a broad brush is one example of how the tone of a discussion could be changed with a word or two being different enabling you to get your point across without seeming to take shots at people. I do appreciate your input though.

Q:
"Why don’t you go over to PM and challenge what those parties involved have to say?".

I had to think a while on how to answer that because it is a good question. Let me try to answer that truthfully and hope that it doesn't reap more scorn and suspicion from this board.

The discussion with me started here and has continued here. I would have answered and responded to any discussion they would have wanted to have over there but it has not happened. I have communicated with some behind the scene through PM's and emails with only a couple of phone calls. A couple of people from over there that I have communicated with have been at Rich's urging. It just has not been in the public forum.

The burden on my time has been tremendous and I have not challenged people from over there to public debate because it would only increase that burden. You guys seem to revel in that so I have done it over here.

Q:
"Better yet, why don’t you set up a formal public debate on PM or here where ONLY the parties involved is allowed to post? That would eliminate all outside interferences. Everything could be brought to light and an end could be brought to this entire affair."

That actually has some merit Q and is close to what I have been trying to explore with others. We are a long way from figuring something like that out and in the end neither party may agree to what outside parties feel should happen.

Q:
"I think the reason you are here and not there is because you wouldn’t want to put your “friends” on the hot seat. Here it doesn’t matter right? You wouldn’t want to embarrass your friends on a public forum by challenging everything they have to say would you? At this point you have to know most of what is going on yet you are here not there. Why is that? Whether you know it or not it looks bad for a person of your stature to question the validity of what someone has to say."

That saddens me greatly Q. The tone of that is uncalled for and I am dissppointed you would choose that approach. This is part of that Dammned if I do Dammned if I don't phenomemnon that I mentioned real early on. Your assumptions and speculations are just plain wrong IMHO.

Q:
"If one side wants to make everything public and the other side is doing everything in there power to keep it quiet then who do you think has something to hide?"

The mention of lawsuits have been made and for those who have not ever been involved in a long chest thumping legal battle, it is brutal. Irregardless of who is right or wrong, they are brutal. I had to smile when you wrote that because of the wise words of my lawyer back in the early 90's telling me that when I am on the stand to "answer the question and only the question because loose lips sink ships".

Ask yourself the question who has the loose lips in this affair?. Them or this board?

With all of the comments questioning my efforts and loyalties coming from this board, I feel that I have to take this discussion off the boards. I will continue trying to help others on both sides who also want to see it resolved but it will be behind the scenes. I do not agree with the airing of this dirty laundery on a public forum because of the inherent negatives I have mentioned earlier.

Please feel free to email me, phone me or fax me any thoughts, comments, barbs or encouragments on this issue that you want to because I am not going to address this particular issue in this forum any longer. I don't feel it will help.

I also want to caution anyone who might feel the urge to encourage me or side with me in any way, to resist the urge to try to "pump me up" by posting in this forum. The gesture would be appreciated but I honestly feel that it breeds more resentment against me that will rear it's ugly head somewhere else down the road. I do not want any more stress or grief than this has already caused.

[ October 03, 2006, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 07:37 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning Gerald.
I readily admit that when you revived a dying thread you did inspire some hope of a conclusion.
I readily admit that I expected that conclusion to be more than your pity and a Rodney King quote. [Frown] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Wink]
I wish you well, Gerald.

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 08:32 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Professor, you made a viable offer to support your position. It was ignored. No counter offer was made. You offered to submit to a lie detector test. It was scorned as pointless. No counter offer was made. Are you going to try again? This stand is dry.

Rich, this sure looks like it has become nothing more than a platform for protracted hype.

Piss on it! Go get ready for the campout! [Wink]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 09:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The burden on my time has been tremendous and I have not challenged people from over there to public debate because it would only increase that burden. You guys seem to revel in that so I have done it over here.

GS

Everybody has been wasting time on this trainwreck, not just Gerald Stewart . I strongly take exception to that parting shot that Huntmasters members " revel " in public debate.

Yeah, maybe so? Do you have a problem with public debate? We have members that appreciate the opportunity to speak their mind without getting banned or deleted.

I reaffirm my intent not to stoke the "board war" fires, but this is nothing more than pertinent commentary based on issues Quinton and Gerald were talking about.

I heard from the administrator of that other board a couple days ago in which he also wanted to avoid a board war. I responded and have not heard more, but now I am told (by others) that they must "debate" the matter privately before deciding on a course of action. It could be that they have a problem with discouraging "board wars"? Or maybe it is a poderous decision making process, I don't know, but I will continue to keep this situation focused on the narrow concepts involving behavior by specific people.

So, I must admit that I am disappointed that GS has bailed on us after so much ink and so little said, of substance. Very disappointed. But, on the other hand, he didn't have much to work with, if his intent was image rehabilitation, under the glare of a public forum?

But, you know, there is hope. People forget, shit dies down. Even Bill Clinton can hold his head up, as does OJ where they refine their golf game while others stick up for them.... and nobody cares about a miscarriage of justice.

"He said, she said", right? The call goes out; Spin Doctors, report for duty! See if Bill Clinton can spare one or two?

Just think about this stuff. I'm sorry but the idea that a "Lie Detector" test has no validity, if both people believe their own version of events, is simply crap. As Rich Cronk pointed out, a psychopath can pass a lie detector, as could anyone that has their own version of reality. They may sincerely believe that their shit is peanut butter, but reasonable people can figure it out with only a little taste. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 11:26 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich offering to take a lie detector and offering the other party to do the same, loser pays, dearly, spoke volumes. Anyone that cant see that is not paying attention....

Oh well...

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
J. Holly
PAKMAN
Member # 591

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 11:49 AM      Profile for J. Holly   Author's Homepage   Email J. Holly         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a dog in this fight, nor do I want one. I feel that everyone who has a legitimate beef in this is old enough and big enough to take care of it.

My only concern here is seeing what certain issues and topics do to acquaintances and friends. I have friends on both sides of this issue, and for once, I am not involved. As a matter of fact, I am going back to the truck and I will let you all finish this stand, while I watch with a pair of binoculars.

Posts: 8 | From: Stillwater, OK. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 12:42 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
The guilty do not want to be judged. The innocent have nothing to hide and request judgement. Too many involved have too much monetary considerations to lose by the discreditization that will result from being outed. The result is a stalemate where the guilty can claim victory. This is Liberal politics at its best. [Big Grin]
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 03:13 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Discredit the few under consideration here and that board will lose two of the legs propping it up. Any wonder that the board itself and its administration are so vehemently concerned about protecting those guys and seeing to it that this issue dies as quickly as possible? They've got a deeply vested interest in not losing their own investment and "big names" are what draw newbies to the table. Whereas it oughtta be credibility and integrity, it's name recognition alone. [Frown]

NASA likens it to liberal politics. How true. Bury the facts and discredit the whistleblowers so no one will listen to the truth.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 03:46 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna leave them alone until they or their familiars [Big Grin] fire another salvo.
Until then I wanna talk about coyotes and the campout. Jeff, any chance you can catch a ride with JCross and Cajn? If you make it to the campout you will see Cdog's and Kokopelli's proxies make a porn flick with Anna. [Big Grin]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 04:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, Lance. Narrow scope, please.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 06:08 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, c'mon Higgins. Come with the heat!

--------------------

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 06:30 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Proxies hell, that's the real deal. And I'll support a brother from Arizona by swearing to it!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters