The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Most Ignorant Place in Cyberspace (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Most Ignorant Place in Cyberspace
Melvin
Knows what it's all about
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 04:51 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli,I had one done just a few days ago..One polyp removed..I was put out.

Leonard,i can imagine the pain that must have been...I had an endoscopy done and they tryed without putting me out"I stopped them"(to much pain)I since had it twice,under anesthesia.

Kokopelli,i agree,all should have it done.

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 07:09 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Haven't had it done, but I can see it on the horizon, the way this summer has been for me. Most people shy away from those tests because they're embarassed or uncomortable with the idea of other people messing around "there". Well, let me tell ya somthing, boys. Having worked in health care, it ain't nothing but a thing.

I had a way with old ladies in EMS. Just a talent I guess. I remember gettng toned out early one morning for a "fall". Upon arrival, we found a very self-conscious elderly womnan lying naked on her bathroom floor. She'd just lost her balance when trying to get into the tub and fallen. Bless her heart, she was doing her best to cover herself and here comes two young buck medics, both male. Can't get much shittier than that, huh? As senior tech and unit officer, I took the point and told my partner to wait outside as I shut the door and assessed her condition. First, I told her my name, asked for hers, got her permission to call her by her first name. She sensed my respect for her age as my elder and seemed to relax a bit. I then asked her if I could evaluate her for injuries before we moved her, just in case she'd gotten hurt when she fell. She balked a bit. I assured her she was the fifteenth naked little old lady I'd seen already that morning and that if she would promise me not to be embarassed, I'd promise her that I wasn't either. That made her laugh, she let me do the assessment, I sat her up, got a bathrobe on her, and walked her to her bedroom where her neighbor lady helped her get dressed.

A lot of people -especially men because we don't have to endure gyno exams and stirrups and all the "humiliating" exams endured by women - avoid these exams because of self consiousness, embarassment, and fear. I know this all too well myself. My mom admitted after being diagnosed with stage 5 breast canser that she'd first felt a lump five years prior. She was too scared to deal with it and her fear cost her her life and the chance to meet all but one of her grandbabies.

My dad was stubborn as hell about a "cold" that wouldn't go away. I reminded him that his dad had died a year earlier from congestive heart failure. I got in his face, reminded him that I'd spent my entire life listening to everything he told me and doing what he'd said. I then told him that he was walking in my neighborhood now and that he was to shut the &%*( up and go to the doctor. Otherwise, he might never get the chance to make an ass of himself at his granddaughter's (my daughter's) wedding. He went and was put on the heart transplant list. It was that bad. With proper care, meds, and diet, he came off that list and is doing pretty good these days, all things considered. God willing, I've got a few years left with him because he's the only "grown up" I've got left.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 07:34 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about you're loss...Maybe your post will help some to understand the importance of having tests done.
Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 08:24 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I had one done a few years ago. It never did help me. I finally quit going to that Doctor as every time I went in, he wanted to stick his finger or something else up my butt.

My tooth still hurts, he was the worst damned dentist I've ever had in my life! [Eek!]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 08:51 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tim [Smile] Tim [Smile] Tim [Smile] What are we going to do with you?
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 09:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't imagine there's much to pick from, in McNeal? Was he gentle?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 10:00 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Tim relating that story to me. As I recall, Tim claimed he asked the Doc if it would be painful?, the Doc said naw; all you'll feel is a little prick:)
Posts: 1631 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 10:13 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Baaad.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2005 05:00 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
McNeal has one of those combination Veterinarian/ Dentist/ Proctologist/ Podiatrist/ Radiator repair techs? Guess you just hope you get in on the right day, huh?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 11, 2005 07:02 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
I have had 3 lower GI's, 3 colonoscopys and numerous proctoscope exams. You never get used to the procedures because of the modesty most of us have but they can provide for some good stories. Don't have much time for many stories but I will tell you that it is somewhat humbling to have the nurses rooting on your effort to expel huge amounts of air they pump into you during the exam. I had not experienced it as bad previously as I did this time.

I would try and sit up and the stomach pain was pretty intense so I would roll from side to side and try to raise up. When I finally was able to initiate several very long expulsions, the nurses would cheer me on with complementary comments about my success.

They were better farts than I have ever worked up around the campfire, impressive 4 or 5 second rips. They simply went about their business and congratulated me.

I described this in detail to a friend this past weekend who's wife has been trying to get him to go and his reluctance is directly tied to the embarrasement factor. She and I both don't want to lose him because he was simply too modest of a guy.

Because of my history of polyps they are now indicating they want me to come back annually. I am contemplating having the words "Hello again" tattooed on my scrotum just to have some fun with the situation....just kidding guys. [Wink]

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 07:12 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Go with a temporary tattoo. Less painful so I hear.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 11:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is an occasion when you begin to wonder about these Texans?

Gerald, perfect solution. Write on your scrotum with a magic marker, a mirror, backwards and upside down. (I'd love to see the video of that little chore)

OR. Trip being a neighbor and a GOOD friend, maybe he could do it for you?

I will say one thing. Your vivid description of the details really brought back memories, and reminded me of my difficulties. I was not able to expell air anywhere near enough to keep up, and that was the entire source of my discomfort.

So, what I wonder is: if they can inject the air, why can't they have some sort of a suction line? Why must the patient be expected to contribute all that effort?

I was able to handle the embarassment part, (barely) but that air pressure is pure murder. PURE MURDER.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 11:49 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
INFLATE TO 32 PSI MAX.
[Smile]
Thanks for the graphic visuals, Guys. That sure made me want to jump off the fence and schedule an appointment.

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 11:57 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that 32psi for city, light duty?
What is it for the 3/4 ton off-road package?

I was told a couple days ago that it is my turn.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 01:35 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
It could be worse. A buddy of mine in EMS went in for an appendectomy at the hosiptal where his paramedic unit based out of. During down time in those situations, we'd spend a lot of time just helping out with patient care in the hospital and would get to know the staff pretty well. Anyway, he's a big time K-State Wildcat fan and while under, the OR team shaved his nether regions and drew a quite impressive montage of pro-University of Kansas Jayhawks artwork pretty much everywhere with permanent surgical marker. We didn't get to see any pictures, but his wife assured us that they went "all out".

One thing's for sure, Gerald, they'd treat you well if you did. Theirs is the job of unsung heroes, and they like a good laugh as much as anyone. [Smile]

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 01:36 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
No thanks Leonard, I don't know Gerald THAT well. It figures comments like that would only come from someone in California.

Expect a hypnotized legion of scrotum-hungry attack squirrels at your door any moment.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 01:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Heck, Jay. Don't put it off. If you need it, you need it. Gulp!

I was screaming like a little girl. But, don't let that vivid narative ^ bother you. I think it might be charactor flaw, rather than a physical problem? I'm just unable to expell enough gas?

I'm a big baby at the Dentist, as well; same reason.

My epitath: "He didn't fart enough"

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 11, 2005 04:21 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
The reason for their concern is that the intestines can get rearranged in that procedure due to the air filling them up fully. First you are emptied by that wonderful Fleets saline solution that turns your anus into a faucet. Then you get pumped full of air and they just want to make sure there are no perforations that allow the air to get out into your abdominal cavity. I will get off that subject because I do not want to cause some other shy soul to kill them selves by also being shy fool. [Wink]

I got the lab results back today and the three they chose to test were benign like the 5 in 2000. The other 5 this time evidently were too small to worry about (that makes me feel real comforted). Can Cancer only occur in large polyps?

Well that is over for at least another year so now I can concentrate on more prominent ailments like my snap crackle pop joints which I have recently stopped taking my Glucosamine for to see if that is what was causing the numbness in my feet. I had already stopped my Medicine for my irregular heart beat to see if maybe that was causing the numbness. Had to get back on that because my heart would go 90 miles an hour and I would have near fainting spells.

My wife has been trying to tell me that I am just getting old but I can not hear her due to the abusive rock and roll music years and unprotected shotgunning over the years. I know she is saying something important but I do not ask her to repeat it any longer.

I will not go into any length about my Diverticulosis, Receeding gums, failing eyes or other malidies that have beset me in the last 10 years and will end by simply saying that getting old is hell. [Big Grin]

[ July 11, 2005, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Stewart ]

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 05:11 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you Gerald, seven or nine years older than me? Doesn't give me much to look forward to.

I hear Lake Rubbermaid calling.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 05:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what does that work out to, in dog years?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

InjunJoe
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 05:58 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
The reason they do it to men is because a woman can't keep her mouth shut long enough to build up the required pressure.

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 06:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yolanda must have made a run into three corners?

edit: got the package, Joe. Thanks, I will use it every day.

[ July 11, 2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 06:53 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be 51 tomorrow Tripp. The last hunting trip I had where I felt like I could walk away from a much younger man was the Petersburg Alaska trip with you.....come to think of it I did walk away from you on the mud flats....and now that I think about it...I was the one crawling into the thick underbrush on hands and knees looking for your bear.

Now my attitude would be if you want it...you go get it. I will wait at the boat.

I have slipped into a softer routine in my old age.You know... in bed by 10:00pm...nap at noon...nap at 6:00pm is my routine now. I still go to the club every day but do only half what I used tah could.

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2005 07:02 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
And what a trip it was. [Smile]

Fond memories.

...and happy birthday!

[ July 11, 2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 11, 2005 08:04 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Good night Grandpa...good night JohnBoy.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters