The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » My response to your questions (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: My response to your questions
Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 12:32 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Please please please comeback Uncle Bill. We all want to be experts too.

[ August 21, 2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Basil Banghart ]

IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 12:42 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Dunkin'; you show your soft underbelly, by divulging that you've never heard me called an idiot before. If you have been around even a short year on these boards...surely, you would have heard someone castigate me:)
But what really interests me is your blanket statement: "There is a lot of truth in what BM spills out".

Where is it, and what is it?....this, you have not answered. Could you possibly do a point by point rebuttal of what BM claimed, and what I or other members were incorrect about? Ive glossed over the thread, and for the life of me can't find one error by any of the gang.
Oh, by the way, folksy little tale concerning sinking the pink behind the Tastee freeze outside of Lordsburg. I suspect it was the squeals of frustration from the little roadie you nailed when your hair trigger broke prematurely? Probably sounded like vittles a la jackrabbit to the coyote?

Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Duncan Menads
Knows what it's all about
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 01:14 PM      Profile for Duncan Menads           Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahah, Vic, I've seen you called lots of things, but don't recall "idiot!"

No, I'm not going to do a Krusty/Scott Huber/QW word-by-painstaking-word dissection of any of BM's posts. Way too much to go through! That's a lot words, quite a bit of which is crap.
Besides, I'm not referring to YOU. Much.

Heh-heh, I think you're right about the TasteeFreezeTreet! Except the funny thing is, I never did break the hair trigger, so maybe that had something to do with it! I think Dennis' mention of smell, that's probably more the driver..

Posts: 44 | From: Your Closet | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 02:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but. Why is it that you are in posession of more factual accounts than the person involved? Casually observing is only good for so much. After that, you are possibly another deity, and the knower of truth? The general tone of your messages is that you are a very enlightened hunter of predators and judge of character. If not, well everybody has an opinion.

I admit that I don't know many that hang out at PM, since I left, and your name is unfamiliar to me. Is it possible that you use another screen name, over there. If you do, why are you hiding, here? Are you afraid because you agree with Bill? Please have no fear, truth is truth, let it all hang out. I won't let them hurt you.

Good hunting. LB

edit: a little help, here. Anybody know this guy?

[ August 19, 2004, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 02:31 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't help but wonder if "Encore" has a hand back in the jar.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tonlocus
Member # 254

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 02:31 PM      Profile for tonlocus   Email tonlocus         Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember a guy with a similar writing style that got banned from PM. He lived at the Voo Doo Ranch and hung out at the Government cheese shack. Am I even warm?
Posts: 76 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yellerdog
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 02:40 PM      Profile for Yellerdog   Email Yellerdog         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm,
A casual observer from your closet on the Voo Doo Ranch. Eating goverment cheese. Sounds like Brad h and Tonlocus were on the same track while they were typing there. It does ring a bell, I think.
But what's a guy named Yellerdog know about such things? [Confused]

--------------------
Lee Smith

Remember, we meet at dawn.

Posts: 59 | From: Southeastern Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 03:46 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Dunkin'....Hey, lets make it easy. Can you point to just one point, where bill was correct, and one of our members was wrong?.........I didn't think so:)
Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
crapshoot
Member # 225

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 04:24 PM      Profile for crapshoot   Email crapshoot         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Quote from Duncan Menads
But I digress . My point is, there is a lot of truth in what has been spilling out of BM.

I have seen that very phrase use on PM just the other day. Maybe just a fluke, but im not sure.

[ August 19, 2004, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: crapshoot ]

Posts: 44 | From: S. Nevada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 05:24 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Duncan Menads and others,this is Mrs. Craig.

Steve is in Wyoming filming footage for his new video and will be gone for quite some time as he will be covering several states calling many different animals, but mostly lions and bobcats. He will be in Kansas,Nevada,New Mexico,Wyoming,Montana, Washington, maybe Northern Calf. and of course Arizona.

I know he considers Mr. Martz a personal friend and the Bill you all see here is not the Bill Steve and I know. Just wanted you all to know where he is and why he is not posting.

Cathy Craig

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 05:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Mrs. Craig. Appreciate the update. Also, I know ol' Bill is a lot different, on a personal level. Everybody says that. But, he needs a handler, when he gets on the Internet. He comes off as very abrasive, and his facts don't hold up very well.

Thanks again, and wish Steve the best, when next you talk to him.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 07:50 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has been good for a few laughs and also some thinking as well. I feel I have been blessed with some common sense and I also believe "common sense" is an oxymoron. I try to view videos and posts on this board with an open mind and a closed ego. As far as I am concerned, this board is consisted of the best predator hunters in the country.

After thinking about what I just wrote, I had to ask myself a few questions.

Will knowing why a coyote wagged its tail after being shot really help me kill more coyotes? I don't think so.

Has Mr. Martz ever shot a coyote? I really could care less. Some of the most successful coaches of professional football, baseball, and basketball could not cut it at the college level. But they are good teachers. Some on this board like to quote studies from phd's. No one questioned the findings from these studies and what's more,no one asked if the Doc had ever shot a coyote.

Did Mr. Strader use a WT to kill all those coyotes? Probablly not, but that isn't my issue. The man has to know where to find coyotes on any given day and weather conditions. That is what I want to learn.

And one more thing. This all began with whether coyotes could think or not. Most believed they could and posted experiences dictating that capability. I read these posts with that oxymoron hanging on my shoulder,but remained open minded. However, some of the posts stated man was nothing more than a monkey with a gun and cars. Also that man climbed out of the trees and then stood erect. I believe God did a much better job than that. You will be in my prayers.

Randy

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
James L.
Member # 239

Icon 12 posted August 19, 2004 08:15 PM      Profile for James L.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from Duncan Menads
But I digress . My point is, there is a lot of truth in what has been spilling out of BM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen that very phrase use on PM just the other day. Maybe just a fluke, but im not sure.

Crapshoot,,I have seen only one person use that word and use it often but it would have to be coincidence since he is a registered member of this board as well as Predator Masters. [Wink]
[Wink]

--------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people.

Posts: 18 | From: Shelbyville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
crapshoot
Member # 225

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 08:17 PM      Profile for crapshoot   Email crapshoot         Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda what i figured. Thats why I kept names to myself.
Posts: 44 | From: S. Nevada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2004 08:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
See, that's exactly why Bill wants us to use our REAL NAMES. Finallysomething I can agree with!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

bcott
PAKMAN
Member # 344

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 05:58 AM      Profile for bcott   Email bcott         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with R. Shaw. Additionally, why the character assassination of Gary Strader? He is a hard working person doing his thing and has not offended anyone on this board.
bcott

Posts: 3 | From: UP of Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 10:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
bcott, Mr Shaw made a number of points, I assume you agree with all of them?

Gary Strader was brought up as the expert that uses Bill's machine, and at first he wrote something about 250 coyotes a year, then threw out a comment that the man works three counties in Montana and kills 1100 coyotes per year.

The implication? You tell me? I have had some contact with Gary, and my guess is he works hard, but he called me a liar, because I wrote something that he didn't know anything about. Okay, he's forgiven, doesn't matter. But then there is the 8 foot, eighty pound coyote held up in front of his barn door. The implication is he called and killed that coyote, but he is wearing his trapping boots.

MY point is, who is distorting the truth? I could care less about his kills. It is the disregard for the truth that gets these guys upset.

It is exactly the same thing with the bogus comments in Bill's video. Why would he make a statement about the reason a coyote twirls his tail, or why he "cannibalizes himself"? We know that information won't be of much help, hunting coyotes. But, it's BS. Again, it's BS! So, don't lose sight of what is being discussed. It is Bill's theories, stated as fact, on his VIDEO.

Gary Strader is not the bad guy here. I have, in my posession, electronically transmitted documents from eyewitnesses, that know him personally, and know what he does and how he does it. Give the man his due. He knows how to take and put up fur. That part is acknowledged.

WE don't really care about his hundreds of snares and hundreds of traps and M44's, or the amount of coyotes he gets with his dogs. The people here are primarily recreational predator hunters. Called coyotes.

So, you see why it makes a difference? Bill knows this, and uses his "facts" and "figures" creatively. It really does help to know if he understands the problems of hunting coyotes. That is why the question has been asked, and never answered. He films wildlife. He calls wildlife. This is a lot different than actually sitting on a stand with a rifle in his hand and killing a coyote.

I could go on about the methods used, and the sloppy shooting in his video, but this thread is primarily about Bill's statements, here, and on his video. The comments on the board, from members are from well qualified long time predator hunters that see inaccuracy, and point it out.

This started with a couple of simple statements. You can only dodge the questions for so long, and spin 'til the cows come home. But these guys aren't as stupid as Bill claims. I will venture that he has not satisfactorily addressed a single point. He's having as much fun as the rest of us, it's vintage BM.

Don't worry about his pal, he is not the issue. The issue is information and bogus statements taken as fact. Bill is entitled to his opinion. We all are entitled to an opinion. bcott has an opinion, and has expressed it.

I'm trying to explain to you that the whole exercise is not to help you and me kill coyotes. It is exposing truth; or separating the BS from the fly shit, as you wish.

What distresses me is that many people can have the wool pulled over their eyes, and miss the whole point.

There is a lot of kernels of wisdom, and a lot of misinformation contained in this thread. Pick and choose what you like and discard what you don't like. What it is is entertainment, good for a laugh, if nothing else.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 14 posted August 20, 2004 12:45 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent summation, Leonard.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
James L.
Member # 239

Icon 14 posted August 20, 2004 03:15 PM      Profile for James L.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm trying to explain to you that the whole exercise is not to help you and me kill coyotes.
[Eek!] What do you mean that it ain't for us to kill more coyotes?????? j/k ..Couldn't resist! [Big Grin]

quote:
It is exposing truth; or separating the BS from the fly shit, as you wish.
Truth can be a subjective type of thing. Especially when it comes to killing coyotes. What works for me may not work for you for various reasons.

What works in one type of terrain may not work in other types of terrain (this one is a pet peave of mine [Wink] )

The type of equipement that works for you may not work for me.. So on and so forth..

When seperating the fly shit from the bullshit, one has to keep in mind that this isn't rocket science, it's more akin to art. Different strokes for different folks. While there may very well be some parameters to work by, the field is wide open to explore!!

The people that come here and other boards looking for a pearl of wisdom in our ramblings may not know the difference between a Wildlife Tech. caller or a vintage Circe hand call, but once they leave they should have been able to glean enough information from here that they will know and should be able to put it to use to call these critters.

However there are some that defy logic for whatever reason. Then there are those that are like Mr. bill.. I am not going to go into detail but I think this thread has brought out what it is that people don't like about the guy. Attitude.

That is more than I started out to say so I'll end this post..

BTW--- L.B. Your last post pretty much summed it all up.. Good work........

For those of you who don't know me and for Bill Martz.. My name is James Lindley. I am a moderator at Predator Masters..Just so you know billy boy [Wink] ........James L.

One of these days I'll learn to spell [Wink]

[ August 20, 2004, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: James L. ]

--------------------

Posts: 18 | From: Shelbyville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
bcott
PAKMAN
Member # 344

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 07:20 PM      Profile for bcott   Email bcott         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard; I suppose if I hang a coyote hide up in front of my barn and am wearing my sunday suit you will think I ran over it in front of the church. Faulty logic my friend.
I am not interested in your version of the truth that I have seen here lately.
At my age I have better things to do than get involved in your verbal feeding freenzy. Please carry on without me.
bcott

Posts: 3 | From: UP of Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 07:28 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Bye! [Frown] Thanks for stopping by. Come by again when you can stay longer. [Razz]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 07:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, exception proves the rule. There goes one brain dead old geezer. I wasted a lot of time and effort on that guy, to no avail.

How does this happen, Bill? Now it's my fault?

Good hunting. LB

edit: Look what I just noticed:
quote:

Thank you James. That pretty much sums it up!

bcott, you're toast

[ August 20, 2004, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Yellerdog
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 08:07 PM      Profile for Yellerdog   Email Yellerdog         Edit/Delete Post 
UP of Michigan,
That's where all the brain dead ones in Michigan go eventually. [Roll Eyes] Not that all people in the UP are like bcott.
Glad I live in the lower pennisula.

Lee Smith

--------------------
Lee Smith

Remember, we meet at dawn.

Posts: 59 | From: Southeastern Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2004 08:41 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya. You betcha.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters