The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Question (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Question
varmit hunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 04:11 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave. Think about it for a minute. They are happy as hell that anyone with real knowledge is gone. The thing they fear the most is truthful knowledge. As much as you and some of the others that are gone have, lets the bs flow unchecked.

It is sort of like the old Texas joke. A guy was running for Governor. His campaign manager called him and said you have to get to Jefferson County they are lying about you over there. He responded, hell no. I have to get to Harris County, they are telling the truth about me there.

I know it is old and corny, but it fits.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 04:43 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
I quit posting over there when they got rid of Leonard and he started Huntmasters.
Wanna-be's will always be just that!

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 04:45 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
DAA, at least they followed your request, they only locked my account instead of deleting it as I asked. Oh well, I stand by every post I made.

To answer any questions on why I left (I'm a nobody) it was basicly to help me keep my big mouth shut and my ears open.

I have learned alot from some of you that wound up here from how to make calls to how to tan a hide and am always trying to learn more. If you tire of me, let me know and I'll be gone.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 04:45 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you guys kidding? losing all the knowledgeable people? NO WAY! with Mr. Do-rag over there bucking for the Mod. spot, they have all the knowledge that the could ever want! he has done it, seen it, shot it, brought it back to life so he can shoot it again! All with his family waiting in the car on the side of the highway!!!! WITHOUT taking his sunglasses off! Now thats good! hahahahahahahahahaha
Posts: 167 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 06:51 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom64, Glad you are here and you can hunt with me anytime.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 07:45 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Though i dont think that every one that is at predator masters or has chosen to stay there is an amatuer or a wanna be". I have chosen to come over to huntmasters with some of the finest predator people i have met and learned from. Even though they dont agree with me always or i dont agree with them ,they have helped me on the way. Im glad to be here with them folks. My signature is genuine! Thanks for having me.If you do?lol [Razz]

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 08:44 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom 64, Good to see another Okie over here. Let's get together and hunt sometime.

Rich, "Not wanting to pee on my feet". Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2006 09:34 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, thank you, I'd love to take you up on that someday.

Brad, I'm in Ada and have a place near McAlester too, I always like to hunt with a new friend.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 08:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Guys. Finally got on access and noticed all the new registrations and figured I better check the Board.......

Damn!

Well, welcome to the New Huntmasters, everybody. Glad to have you on board.

BTW, wish everything will work out at PM, and I finally figured out who BS is! Duh!

I'm in Grants, NM right now, be home tonight to reread this thread!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 09:35 AM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
edited by George

As for the e-mail i am getting now from PM MEMBERS i will not be replying.........

I apologies TO PM MEMBERS if some took it as if I was talking about them. But I will not bring names into this for I don’t wont the bashing.

[ July 24, 2006, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 01:59 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Man… I hate to contribute to the continuation of this mess. But, there are a few things I really need to get said. And just let the chips fall where they may.

First – in a post above, I made mention of four men that I thought were my friends. Byron, Randy, Weasel and Lance. Well, those men ARE my friends. I have no doubt of it. And I owe each of them an apology for not giving them more of a chance, before I made my earlier post. Plain and simple, I was wrong to doubt them and I was wrong to speak about them the way I did.

My small part in all this crap, is pretty simple. I felt, still feel, that Rich Higgins did not deserve to be suspended for his part in the threads that have been brought forth. I know the PM guys disagree. That’s fine, we’ll just have to agree to disagree on that. I left PM, in support of my friend Rich Higgins. Nothing more to it than that. At the time, I had not yet heard any of the stuff River Runner has posted about, and none of that played any part in my decision. I was doing what I feel was the right thing to do, in support of a friend. Nothing more. I personally believe that the suspensions, and the other crap with River Runner are not connected. Two completely separate deals. The timing though, has a lot of people drawing connections between the two situations. I can understand that. But I don’t believe that the connection actually exists.

Okay, I left PM in support of a friend. I’m standing by that decision. Well, now, I feel like I need to do what I feel is the right thing again. And that is, stand up for another friend, Byron South. I think he’s getting some accusations thrown at him, that I personally just do not believe. My belief, is that Bryon is an honest man, trying to do the best he can in a no win situation. I'm positive the Byron felt he was doing the right thing in banning Rich. I believe I did the right thing in supporting Rich. Neither one of us has changed our minds. But, I don’t think less of Byron for what he’s doing. Quite the contrary. He’s sticking to what he thinks is right. Even though I disagree on some of the particulars, I admire him for taking his stand and still consider him very much a good man, and a friend. I sure do not envy him the position he is in, trying to balance so many conflicting interests. He is smack dab in the middle of a giant shit sandwich, that again, I do not believe was of his making.

I can’t, and won’t comment on the specifics of the accusations leveled at Byron. I do not know all the facts about what is going on, don’t want to know. But, I’m here to tell you guys, that when I read some of the stuff being said about him, and I compare that to the person I have talked to for years, I just frankly find it impossible to believe most of the stuff being said. My personal belief, is that eventually, some facts that none of us have access to now, will come to light, and a lot of us will look back at some of what is being said now and feel remorse.

So… from where I sit, this whole situation just looks like a hundred square miles of trampled shit. I feel bad for just about everyone involved. GC made a long post over on PM, and I agree with pretty much everything he said. Except the part about not making any friends with his post -- GC, you might be surprised...

Bottom line for me… I’m sorry if it pisses some of my friends off, but I’m not going to support one friend, and leave another dangling. Not if I can help it. Kind of feels like another no win situation…

The internet really kind of sucks, ya know it?

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bandit
PAKMAN
Member # 901

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 04:08 PM      Profile for bandit           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello forum. I'm brand new here, and am excited to share and learn from you all. Thought this would be an ok place to say hello, since I also just came from pm...........................................................sorry for the hesitation, I always puke a little these days when I say pm. Anyway, I'm better now, and look forward to posting here.
Posts: 6 | From: midwest | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 05:04 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Bandit!!

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 06:20 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
DAA: good for you for standing with your friend!

Bandit: welcome and thats a funny post about puking when you mention the other site!!!

You know whats weird guys? One of the people who I think is some what responsible for causing the whole shit storm over there is staying quite low key these days!! He must really be lookin for a Mod. spot!!! can you GUESS who I am talkin about?

Posts: 167 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 08:42 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, your last post restores a bit of my faith in the human race.

Keep that mind open!

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 09:24 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
My friend Dave has the admiration and respect of all who know him. Easy to see why, isn't it?
IP: Logged
River Runner
Member # 880

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 10:53 PM      Profile for River Runner   Email River Runner         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I mean absolutely no disrespect to you at all, but I have to say a few things, I hope will strengthen my accusations.
I've never held ill will towards someone for who they choose and friends and I wont start now. I still consider you a friend.

Maybe as one of the owners I was the only one that was able to see a huge conflict with BS being in charge of advertising and sales over there, mixed with, attempting to further his career in what he actually does.
From where I set that spells huge disaster.

I mean let's look at this a little closer. Imagine BS walking into a place he wants to distribute his videos out of, or talk into an endorsement.
The conversation will start off about how he thinks he shines in the industry I'm sure, but then where does it go? Oh yeah....I'm in charge of Advertising and sales over at PM also. Would you be interested in purchasing a banner slot?

The guy is most likely gonna set there and then say, "Look, I've got x amount of dollars to this with. Do you want me to pump BS or PM?"

Maybe if the conversation gets started off by using PM as the big name and then wean them onto BS?....I don't know. If I was still an owner, that'd be a problem for me too, using the place to pimp yourself, right from the heart.
By, right from the heart I mean PM needs the accounts to keep it afloat financially.
It just creates a huge conflict. I've been in business relations too long to think of it any differently.
I honestly think some folks would have had to been in my shoes, in my position to actualy recognize that conflict.

Another thing I'd like to comment on is the fact that he's asking the readers to put things into perspective, over and over and then he goes on to say;
"Do you honestly believe that 1, 2 or 3 people could come in and create an overthrow of PM?"

Well you damn straight they could, they just did.

Let me explain again how that worked, and it all started with his little letter to ALL moderators who from that point on completely opposed the administration.
1,2,or 3 people (as he put it)is all it took to go from moderator to administrator and it creates the take-over because there is only 5 ADMIN POSITIONS TO BEGIN WITH.

As I said before when there is 15 moderators in ca-hoots with this skeem it's awful tough for the 5 admin to attempt to oppose it through voting.
They knew what they was doing, they crossed every T and dotted every I. Leaving nothing hard to place your fingers on.

Now!....if the magazine situation would have never happened this may have all slid through unnoticed. You would have had to been behind the scenes to see the raging greed that oozed from certian individuals, and no matter how hard anyone tried...they were not going to allow the magazine unless they could reap major profits from it, or own it.

THATis what triggered the barking urge to hold an election and fill or replace some admin positions with themselves. Exactly as planned.

And I was suppose to remain as an owner as if to validate or approve of this? Not in this life time. I got to watch his plan be made, and I got to watch it unfold into action.

Posts: 10 | From: SW Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2006 11:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have just read a thread on PM, nine pages. It appears that the management is a little irked with this dialogue.

I want to mention the input by Randy Black in particular. He appears to be a straight shooter. I might call him? In fact, I'd also like to talk to Jim Champion. I wonder if he remembers some of the things that happened about four years ago? I know he was my friend then, although I have not had much contact with him in those ensuing years. BTW, welcome to the New Huntmasters, Jim. Glad to have you on board.

Typical choosing sides, on that thread, same old, same old. Once anain, I'm glad that (at least) I can't be accused of chasing a buck, although I read other unflattering words and opinions describing this fine Board and our members; of which many are also members on PM. (which bothers me not, by the way)

Also, I am very content with decisions made long ago, to not have "official" Moderators, or "Pro Staff" on this Board. I have said many times, and it is my honest opinion; that I am just one of the boys, here on Huntmasters. No huge ego and no Internet Guru.....sorry, folks!

Additionally, we do not have a formal TERMS OF SERVICE on Huntmasters, and there are few rules to break. On the other hand, very few people are intentionally rude. However, being rude won't get you banned here. You may piss me off without consequence...... generally speaking. I really try to be fair, and when I am not, I will admit it, and correct mistakes as need be. That's my policy. There are those that can attest to it.

I also note that MM has developed selective memory in omitting my involvement with PM when he described the history of that site. Wow, and I worked very hard to get him invited to the first Globe hunt, way before he was a moderator.

One other "member" in particular, got in a shot in my direction. I'm not going to respond except to say that if I do call Randy, I will (for sure) give him my brief version of events.

Well, I've been out of town for three and a half days and you guys didn't burn the house down; guess we don't need moderators, do we? I assume that somebody name of George Ackley registered only so that he might post something uncomplimentary, and then deleted it. Anybody see it? Anything I can help with? Questions, etc.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Doc
PAKMAN
Member # 902

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2006 02:46 AM      Profile for Doc   Email Doc         Edit/Delete Post 
Very well said LB. This has unfolded a lot of issues @ PM. Jim (RR) has open my eyes on PM This has been some good reading.
Posts: 2 | From: Somewhere in the USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2006 05:31 AM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I assume that somebody name of George Ackley registered only so that he might post something uncomplimentary, and then deleted it. Anybody see it?
I hope my e-mail help straiten it out
Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2006 05:58 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
I think George is actually an ok sort of feller. He ain't all that good with words, but he knows how to hunt and shoot.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2006 09:23 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Fuel for debate:
Maybe it’s just me, but I would think any person with connections to business and advertisers in the industry would be a good thing rather than some no-name individual making calls and beating on doors to solicit hopeful advertisers. I get a lot of requests for donations and am more prone to oblige to someone I know or have heard of. I would suppose that the conflict of interest statement would also preclude notables like Gerald Stewart, Major Boddicker, Dan Thompson, Tal Lockwood, Paul Wait, John Anderson, Ralph Lermayer and others form passing inspection as well.

If Jay Nistetter made a phonecall to Remington asking them to spend advertising money, would they be more receptive to listening to just another person wanting money or a person they might possibly recognize? Dealing with "knowns" is a better gamble than dealing with "unknowns".

Welcome back Leonard.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
ACC
Member # 903

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2006 09:25 AM      Profile for ACC           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question that has been floating around in my head for a while about this whole mess.

What places you up in the upper circle of coyote hunters with Cal, Vic, and Rich? Is it number of prime yotes killed, seen, called. Time or number of posts on a particular internet forum. Is it being a member of shade tree in the past? Is it financially linked. Just what makes a guy as good as these fellas think they are.

I had a chance to look up on the internet and try to find some info on these guys. I entered their names into google and hit enter and the results were..... nothing. I thought I would finds boatloads of information telling me about all their hunting experience and so forth. Nothing, I found so far. There was no coyote god, no internet link to their all so famous website, no letters after their names, no former president of the United States, no heroes status, nothing.

So again I ask what makes this guys such idols in the group.

I have been back and forth on this site and PM and see a lot of mud slinging and name calling from guys that claim they are friends and above the rank of amatuer but seem to lack professionalism. There has been some comments here about jockstraps and it seems to me that yes the jockstraps are off and the guys that seem to know it all have their hands in each others pants stroking each other, and telling each other how good they are.

Someone just tell me how I get there please. [Eek!]

Posts: 41 | From: It takes a whole lot of liquor to like her! | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2006 09:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thanks Rich.

He sent me a couple emails and I have already responded to him. I had the wrong impression, and I apoligize(d) to him for assuming that it was some type of flame against HM.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2006 09:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, ACC. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

PS, in answer to your question, confering the status of "expert" is a complicated process, but you have made the first step toward recognition. Congratulations. But, keep your hands out of my pants, okay?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters