The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » You're great, I'm great, How great are we? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: You're great, I'm great, How great are we?
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 03:27 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry, J_Hun, Scott Huber made me buy one of your howlers at the St. Francis event last Jan. Good tone. I've seen the video clip of you voice howling. Awesome. I wish I could do that. But alas, I have no talent.
Good to have you here. You should think about making the campout. We codgers need backup.

IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 05:47 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
J_hun,
Welcome to the home of the Pompass Knowitalls! [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Knows what it's all about
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 06:17 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny I live in Cascade just south of Macall.
Keep in touch we are starting to have some hunts now.
Nasa I think we are even I diddent make it to Colorado last year I was to sick at the time But I am stronger now than I have been in 4 of 5 years. So I will be reay for the trip. Cant wait to see you.
Good hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 07:59 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not all that great at a lot of things.

But can kick anyone's ass!!!!

Taking bets. I'll be at the campout!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 08:06 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Careful there smokedancer, Jack and Jose are both coming to the camp out too. And if I recall, they did a pretty good job of kicking your ass last time! [Wink]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 08:57 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Bwaaahaaaahaaahaaa! [Big Grin]
I'm looking forward to the encore. Smoke dancin' in a jockstrap! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:09 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
"Smoke dancin' in a jockstrap!"

Oh, I hope not! Smoke dance OK, Jackstrap not OK....LMAO!

NASA, you kill me! [Big Grin]

Brent

Edit...Cant spell!

[ September 14, 2006, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: keekee ]

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:15 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
That was a very most excellent burn Tim!!! I walked right into that one.

Okay, moving on to the next issue.

KeeKee, if you absolutely insist, I'll remove the jock-strap!!! [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

[ September 14, 2006, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 06:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Loco; Outstanding recovery & counter point. Nicely done!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 08:12 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Just based on the prelims, I predict this years campout is going to be outstanding!! [Big Grin]
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 11:24 AM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Loco,

Im sure if I film it, someone will buy it!

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 11:58 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, you will find that everything gets filmed at these campouts, lol. [Big Grin]
Rex
PAKMAN
Member # 923

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 10:31 PM      Profile for Rex           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 17, 2006, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Rex ]

--------------------
Rex

Posts: 1 | From: Penslvania | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 10:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, of course. Welcome to the New Huntmasters, "Rex". Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. LB

PS have you met Mr Lonely boy, yet?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 12:00 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Perspective is a fickle bitch, ain't she. Sometimes cruel, sometimes a ****.
I started this thread tongue in cheek, motivated by a series of very unflattering posts on another board about all of us here that have become comfortable in the company of good men of similar bent.
The measure of a man is the sum total of his experiences and I was sincere in my request to all of the kindred spirits here to share their very personal life and predator hunting summaries in order that we each will KNOW with whom we are sharing Leonard's board.
I have lost two good friends over this and the other threads on this board that were motivated by events on PM. Their perspective differed from mine. They have told me that this thread is "mean spirited". It is not. I take solace in the immortal words of that great southern playwight Tennesee Williams, who said,
"F*** it, Y'all."

Each and everyone of us is great and small, and to anyone still reading this drunken diatribe who has not shared their resumes, I really do hope that you will.

nailbender
PAKMAN
Member # 897

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 12:44 AM      Profile for nailbender           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like a good time to chime in. I'm new here and fairly new to the net. I've enjoyed learning a little more about you guys in this thread and its only fair to share a lttle about me.
Really didn't try coyote hunting seriously till last year and it wasn't a successful start. A friend introduced me to this and then lost interest. So I've been pretty much on my own. Posts from experienced guys like yourselves have greatly helped my learning curve.
I live in NW Iowa, been here most of my life,(45) and haven't done anything of note except take care of myself and those who count on me.

Just hangin around trying to learn somethin', Dave B.

Posts: 4 | From: nw Iowa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 07:49 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, this thread seems more like a response to a challenge, than a mean-spirited proclamation. It took me a few days to interpret your intent, before I would post in it, but that was my conclusion. If I really believed this was intended as a put-down of the less accomplished, we probably wouldn't still be friends. I'm sorry to hear that this wasn't equally as evident to others.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 08:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have watched Higgins work a room, and I marvel at his capacity for networking all over the country. He's always friendly to strangers, eagar to make new friends. I wish I had a bit of his personality, I'd do well in life.

I don't think he is capable of starting a mean spirited thread, and if he did, a true friend would cut him some slack, (for sure) and believe that he must have good reason.

Anyone that would lose Rich's friendship because he started this thread is the real loser.

ICK! Now everybody thinks I have my hand in his jockstrap! ICK! Ugg! [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 08:53 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
For anyone who feels slighted or disdained by this thread, think about this:

Achievements are the consummation of aspirations. Achievement of any kind is the reward of effort. Without dedication, aspirations are only lust and go unfulfilled.

A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts. And in the end, it's character that counts.

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 09:05 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Jay,

Sent ya an e-mail awhile back. No answer.

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 10:58 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Man! This is why I can't drink. That was a six beer post and this morning I have to read it with a hangover. Pampass.
Tom, very cool pampass post. How many beers did you have? [Smile]

Leonard, I was going to tell you how much your post touched me, but it seems really inappropriate now. ICK. [Smile]
Nailbender, welcome. I'm glad that you joined us.
There are some genuine pampass knowitalls from Iowa that hangout here that can shorten that curve for you.

Freddie
Member # 952

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 02:40 PM      Profile for Freddie           Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, I guess it's my turn in the barrel. I started calling coyotes in 1964. I bought one of those Circe Bobcat Coyote and Fox calls, the one that you turn the head of it and you've got three different selections. I also picked up a Del Webb 45rpm instruction record. I must have been driving my parents crazy! And they most likely thought I was! There weren't many coyotes where I lived at the time, but I sure had the foxes coming in and the white owls that kept diving at my head. I played around with that until 1969 when Uncle Sam wanted my service. I didn't get back into it after that. Did a lot of bear hunting, pig hunting and deer hunting. Heck, I even shot some of those squeakers out in the alphalpha fields of southern Oregon and northern California. About 6 years ago, I started calling again in Modoc County, CA and part of Nevada. Some of the instructional videos out have helped me figure out what's going on. I've done okay, but there's tons more to learn. I was fortunate enough to retire at age 55 so during the winter, I can get out 3 or 4 times a week. As you can see, I've dreamed of being able to spend the time inveigling the coyote. Now after all these years, I'm doing what I like. I'm a friendly sort of fellow, pretty mellow and I like to stay on the positive side of life. My name is Fred and I live in northern Arizona now. Right here in Coyote Central. Coyote and quail are about all I care to hunt anymore - I might try to get a javelina someday. I learned at an early age that I was above average at shooting. I have nothing to prove, that's just the way it is, no big deal. Hope to meet you guys and if you ever give me any lessons, I will remain open to let them in.

[ September 17, 2006, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Freddie ]

Posts: 29 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 06:14 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Just something to ponder. This thread's name is not unlike another thread on another board entitled, "Tell Us A Little About Yourself" which, as of this writing, is sixty pages long, has had nearly 5,300 hits and collected 593 posts by well intending people who chose to share with their cohorts their accomplishments and credentials. I myself posted pretty much the same thing there that I posted here, and at the time, they were thankful for my participation. Now, for doing the same thing over here, I'm chastised for being malicious? That thread was begun on 28 February 2001 and still remains active.

Is it because those at that board hold its author in higher esteem than they do Higgins? They must not know Higgins all that well.

Maybe they'll claim that the difference lies in the intent of the initiator. Who knows for sure what Rich meant in his starting this thread other than himself? I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt and take him at his word when he clearly pointed out his intentions. If that's all it took to scuttle a presumed friendship, he's better off not having them around. Some folks need to drink less coffee.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 08:57 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Bryan Ward, I will let the J be like Andy’s L. [Big Grin] I’m not great, the fact of the matter is I’m a wanabe, as in wanabe more consistent, knowledgeable, and successful on stand. Everything that I think that I know and understand about coyotes has been taught or pointed out to me by someone else. I let the coyote prove them right or wrong. Some of those who have taught me post here and there, others don’t post anywhere. My first kill ever was an Oregon Junko Christmas ’76 with my new Red Rider 17 cal. My first predator was a badger that was a target of opportunity while hunting ducks about 4 years later. As far as my calling achievements go they are a series of personal bests, nothing great. The most gratifying coyote that I have called fell to my wife’s gun.

I spent just short of 10 years twisting wrenches on Fords. I earned Ford Motor Company’s highest award given to technicians. In the fall of 2003 I took over the family farm but didn’t quit Ford until the following May. I’m just finishing up my 3rd growing season to me there is nothing more rewarding than looking over a field of wheat, corn or alfalfa and knowing that I had a small part in it, unless of course you count multiple coyotes coming in on a string.

It has been almost 2 years now since I married Heather who I met on the internet. Had she not said the magic words, “coyote hunting” in her profile I never would have contacted her. She has been pestering me for weeks to get out and do some calling. I guess we will give it a try in the morning, I have a new call to try out.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 09:11 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
2D,
Send the email again if you have it.
Don't recall getting one.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters