The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » ALL MY CHILDREN #2(cmiddleton) (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Author Topic: ALL MY CHILDREN #2(cmiddleton)
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 08:54 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
The zone I used to work in had a fishing village in it. Back in the day, the 70's, it was notorious for drug smuggling. That's not such a problem anymore, but those commercial fishermen are an independent breed, and that can come out when a hurricane heads this way and they say they ain't evacuating. I understand that. When I worked that zone, I pretty much had an understanding with them. I would ride through occasionally, and they would wave, and I would wave, but we all understood - I wouldn't gratuitously fuck with them (chickenshit traffic stops, consensual encounters, etc), but if I had a call out there, I would come out there and take care of business. It was based on mutual respect.

My impression is that the folks on this board are pretty much the same, an independent lot that doesn't welcome unnecessary or unwanted intrusion into their lives. I think both 49 and myself are astute enough to discern that. And we know you guys are just venting, and that it's nothing personal. If we didn't like you guys and want to hang with y'all we would take it on down the road.

If I've hurt anybody's feelin's, I apologize.

[ April 27, 2011, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 09:01 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit! I knew I shoulda become a fireman! Everybody loves firemen, and they get to drive those big shiny red trucks (ain't that every little boys dream?!!). They don't have to scan the customers when they walk into a restaurant, or sit facing the door. They don't arrest anybody, and people don't try to shoot them. Besides, people say I look like a fireplug..I woulda been a natural!! (just keep the dogs away from me, ya know?)

They even have a 'hottie fireman calendar'...maybe I coulda been on it! Okay, so maybe that's a stretch (in more ways than one [Frown] ). [Well, maybe I coulda made the 'big lovin'' fireman's calendar, if they ever come out with one...]

--------------------

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 09:22 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, you are right in that regard. I do have a nasty tendency to internalize, and I just told a co-worker yesterday when we were discussing life and death that I think mebbeso I might go to a stroke or a heart attack some day. I'm on blood pressure pills as it is. So you wanna go jacklighting outa my po-po car??? Hmmm. "Hey, sarge, I just found this critter over here that a)looks like it got hit by a car and needs to be euthanized, or b)is acting strangely and might be rabid...I better put it down. 10-04?" [Big Grin] You guys tell cop stories...cops tell I.A. stories. [Big Grin]

Leonard,
I don't think most people don't like cops, but I do think most people get scared during a traffic stop and everybody, and I mean everybody, hates getting a citation. I only write warnings, for a variety of reasons. The last traffic stop I made was a middle-aged lady who had her mother riding with her, and when I went back up to the car and she found out she was just getting a warning, she actually asked me if it would be ok if she kissed me...with her mom sitting right there!! When I stop someone, it's not because I think maybe possibly they coulda mighta committed a violation. If I stop them, it's because I got'em dead to rights. But my job is to educate them, to cause them to change their driving behavior so that everybody is safe and they obey the law, not write them some bigass ticket that is gonna keep them from paying the power bill or putting food on the table for their kids. Just stopping them generally has the desired effect, and then when I give them a warning instead of a ticket, not only are they educated, but they almost always leave happy. Everybody wins. They are more likely to re-elect my sheriff, I don't have to go to court on my day off, passing motorists become more careful...everybody wins. And that's the goal. Any other time I encounter people and I'm not on a call, they are almost always nice/friendly, and so am I. (And I don't think it's because they don't think I'm so funny-looking that I couldn't possibly really be a cop but just somebody who stayed at a Holiday Inn last nite.) By nature I'm a happy and playful kind of guy who likes to laugh and clown around, and as long as people will let me do that, I prefer to.

[ April 27, 2011, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 10:20 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
So tell me coppers (hope thats not politically incorrect) why are you so offended by someone calling you a pig? I'm serious here, is that like calling a black man a nigger or something?

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 12:23 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
My old sergeant, who was from the outskirts of Chicago, used to refer to the police as 'coppers' all the time. He was very old school.

I can only speak for myself, JD. It doesn't bother me, any more than 'the fuzz', or anything else. I've been called names so long that I've come to think my first name is 'mother'.

Others come from different backgrounds and different experiences, and various terms may offend them.

It appears to bother 49, so in the interest of civility I would not use it. Whenever I hear that particular term used, I think of the 60's and hippies and the riots and sit-ins and so forth.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 01:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whenever I hear that particular term used, I think of the 60's and hippies and the riots and sit-ins and so forth.

Yeah, me too! I never use the word. Thinking about it, I don't have a colorful word for police officers? Oh, I use descriptive adjectives occasionally, sometimes nouns like prick, etc.

I'm convinced we have a couple of pretty good cops on this site. Gulp, what did I just say?

GH/LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 05:14 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So tell me coppers (hope thats not politically incorrect) why are you so offended by someone calling you a pig? I'm serious here, is that like calling a black man a nigger or something?"
------------------------------------
JD,
Yes, it kind of is. One of my Police buddies was once called a Pig by a black man. My buddy simply told him " Well when I take off my uniform tonite I won't be a pig, but You will ALWAYS be a Nigger". LOL
Now this was before the ignorant Police Chief decided to install those crazy video camera,s in all of the cruisers. I read in the news paper awhile back that our latest big mistake was when the Chief passed a new policy which makes it mandatory for all interrogations of suspects be video taped. Holy CRAP! We sure have some dandies making S.O.P. for the local Police department.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 05:40 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
i've got several LEO's as buddies. city, county and state troopers. good guys.they have good and bad days like the rest of us. catch em in a bad mood, they may give you a ticket instead of a warning. a good day, maybe nothing but a verbal. only once have i met a real prick. a g-warden. he was a hated man around here till he retired. our new one is an awesome guy.
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 06:53 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, That's funny! I've never seen the need to use the name pig, it always seemed so hippyish or childish that I guess I never thought it carried much weight, kinda like calling someone a wiener, I would certainly never say anything derogatory to a cops face anyway but if I were going to I'm sure I could find something with a little more zing to it. LOL

I agree Bear, most are good guys but when you find one in that position of authority that IS a prick... well.....you end up with a wierd thread like this one I guess.

--------------------
Jason

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 07:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, bonus question. Just wondering, are you guys Vets?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 07:34 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
"Del now you're on the right rack! Keep that stress bottled up inside of you and you're bound to explode."

That's how we do it at the Post Office. And, speaking of the Post Office, you whiney bastards ought to see how it is to be the brunt of everybody's bitching and moaning. It's like we're the only contact some people have with the federal government on a daily basis. Hold it..... we are. My bad. Carry on.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 07:43 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"I agree Bear, most are good guys but when you find one in that position of authority that IS a prick... well.....you end up with a wierd thread like this one I guess."
--------------------------
JD,
I don't know about YOUR area, but MY town seems to have quite a few more of those P word types that you mention. I have more respect for our County Sheriff deputies these days than I do for the city Police. It is a sad thing to watch our local P.D. go downhill the way it is.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 08:55 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

No to being a vet. When I cleared high school I took a few steps towards looking into Uncle Sam's Misguided Children but that was it. Not joining is one of the regrets of my life.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 09:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's an interesting attitude, >DEL<

i am a Vet and I think the experience was invaluable. Further, as with Israel, I think it would be a good idea if everybody served at least a minimum tour.

I am torn between thinking it was a complete waste of time, while being ordered around by idiots. And, learning that I can cope with extreme adversity.

Net gain. GH/LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 09:35 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for Israel it's not so much a good idea as it is a necessity. When you're a small state surrounded by hostiles who have demonstrated repeatedly their inclinations towards violence, having your entire populus trained as soldiers can save your ass. Just as the old saying goes, every Marine a rifleman, in Israel it's every citizen a rifleman (or riflewoman). And then there's always Ziva, from N.C.I.S. Yummy!

As for compulsory military service here, I'm not so sure I'm so keen on that idea after seeing a lot of the shitbirds I deal with every day. Mebbeso it's better to have our military populated by people who aren't idiots and drug dealers and hoodrats and who want to be there and are there for the right reasons than introducing a bunch of scumbags and morons into it who will degrade both its effectiveness and its reputation. Not saying I'm right, but that's my opinion.

My father and most of my uncles were vets from WWII. My father played in the Philippines towards the end of the war, and credits the nukes for saving his ass. He was training to take and hold a southern Japanese island with a radar installation on it when the bombs were dropped. He was a grunt in the Army's 40th Infantry Division. My older bro retired as a sergeant from the Guard. My bro-in-law was in the navy and got to go play around the Vietnam A.O. for a bit.

[ April 27, 2011, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 09:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
THIS JUST IN
Via anonymous email <sigh>

i command that you remove that thread about me NOW. You are as much asshole as the wyoming predatormaster guys. you think its fun making fun of me, the wyo guys you shold expose as the funny faces. i tried to register my monstermulie adddress is legetimate. btw i heard that predatormasters has banned the wyoming guys from holinding anohter hunt.

Dear Mr Cmiddleton,

We don't remove threads around here and we especially don't do what we are "commanded".

I remind you, you started this bullshit. Interest in what cmiddleton does or says faded by page three, nobody gives a shit about you, Amigo.

You can kiss my ass, cmiddleton

GH/LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 09:51 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! He 'commanded' you????

[retracted]

[ April 28, 2011, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2011 10:22 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
We do get sidetracked around here don't we...
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2011 05:58 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be careful Leonard he's apparently a Commander.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2011 07:12 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We do get sidetracked around here don't we...
Just some of the issues pertinent to this thread:

dental photos, f-bombs, Vegas, Ralph Edwards, Treebark, timetables & puncuation, meth heads, mobsters, coppers, guilt by association, car races, assless chaps, Wyoming, ChiPs, sheep, Rodney Carrington....etc, etc...

Not seeing any sidetracking, Tom???

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2011 07:23 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
[retracted]

And you forgot to mention Kipling, my literary tour de force...
(hey, do you suppose all those jerks who dissed ol' Tommy are Tommyknockers???!! or maybe Tommy has man-boobs and those are Tommyknockers?? [Eek!] )

[ April 28, 2011, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2011 07:56 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
What? LB was wearing assless chaps? I need to pay closer attention I guess.

--------------------
Jason

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2011 08:04 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. And here I thought assless chaps were Britishers without Booties...I guess I'm learnin more than just about coyotes on this board.

Sooo, if LB is wearing assless chaps (unquestionably a Kodak moment, if ever there was one), does that mean 'LB' really stands for 'Le Bare'???

[ April 28, 2011, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2011 09:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In your dreams, JD.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2011 10:00 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
[retracted]

[ April 28, 2011, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters