The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Most Ignorant Place in Cyberspace (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Most Ignorant Place in Cyberspace
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted July 28, 2003 07:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sly's new digs, on Hunt Talk.

Way down at the bottom of the main page.

I'm waiting for my invite.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2003 07:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm? Unexpectedly, I'm invited. What should I do?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2003 08:00 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you should have to think twice Leonard [Smile]

Go, relax, contribute and make your own decision then [Wink]

It would be nice to see you there [Cool]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2003 08:07 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard Invited? You sure? That's gotta be a new feeling huh Leonard?

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2003 08:55 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a great place Leonard.

Take a vacation.
Kick back on a board you don't have to maintain.

Hope to see you there. [Smile]

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doug
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted July 30, 2003 05:25 PM      Profile for Doug           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
I'm sorry it took so long to get your invite out. We have been very busy getting the new forum set up. There is email addy posted in the header of MPE to request acess for those who are curious about what our topics of discussion are. It is a challenging task to run a forum and I salute you for being up to the task of owning, administrating, and moderating your own. [Wink]
Doug

--------------------
My mountain cur thinks I'm God.

Posts: 69 | From: Northern Colorado | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2003 01:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
for those that missed it.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2003 08:42 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 

[ August 03, 2003, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 04:43 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread should never have been started in the first place. Nothing to gain, nobody wins.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 07:25 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Cronk
"This thread should never have been started in the first place. Nothing to gain, nobody wins."
The opinion you just shared is the result of 'false conclusions'(SH) arrived at because you "failed to review all pertinent intel."(DR)
"The most ignorant place in cyberspace" is the motto coined by Doug for the Varmint forum at Hunt Talk in the thread "Devastating Varminter Contest". Delw then inserted it in the banner at the MPE forum where it remained for several days before being removed. If you re-read Leonard's post with the afore mentioned facts in mind, it may become apparent to you that Leonard was not "stirring the pot"(KK) but calling our attention to those facts. You would not have posted an opinion, "based upon incomplete and/or incorrect information"(RH) if you had read the information readily available on an open forum and not "concealed in books."(OP)

IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 08:12 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Higgins,
I assume then that it is my duty to read every forum on every available board before I come to a conclusion? Sorry Rich Higgins, but you are wrong about that. I am free to stick to forums where my own interests are located. I have never been to the "varmint" forum you mention, nor was said forum ever eluded to by Leonard in the forums I visit on his board. Perhaps if the full story would have been told in the first place, then my opinion would have been different. As for your "hidden in books" remark, I have seen more false information in books that were written by self proclaimed experts than I have seen almost anywhere else. Unlike you, I do not believe everything that I read in books. I do call em as I see em and even though you don't like it, I will continue to do so. I may base my opinions on incomplete information, but unlike yourself I do not base my opinions on half truths. Also unlike you, I do not go around preaching what I read in books as the gospel truth either.

--------------------

varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 09:20 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
DING, Round 362.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 09:41 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rich much, much better. You were able to respond to my post without becoming apoplectic and calling me names. Nice improvement.
Rich Cronk
"I assume then that it is my duty to read every forum on every available board before I come to a conclusion?"
RH
Not at all Rich. I would assume it to be your duty to know something, anything, about what you are posting your considerable opinions about.
Rich Cronk
" I have never been to the "varmint" forum you mention, nor was said forum ever eluded to by Leonard in the forums I visit on his board. Perhaps if the full story would have been told in the first place, then my opinion would have been different."
RH
All you had to do is follow Leonard's directions in his first post of this thread.
"Sly's new digs, at Hunt Talk
Down at the bottom of the main page"
Tells you right where to find that information.
Rich Cronk
"I have never been to the "varmint" forum you mention...."
RH
Rich, if you can't keep up, take notes. You have been to that forum, it is the one in which you were holding court with your "seminar" Howling For Coyotes where you threw a dandy temper tantrum and called me Butthead and a smart alec because I posted an opinion that differed from your's.
Ric Cronk
As for your "hidden in books" remark, I have seen more false information in books...... etc. etc. ad infinitum ad nauseum.
RH
Good news, Rich , is that bibliophobia is treatable. Of course you would have to read books to know that. I doubt that the universities and colleges of the world (not to mention tech schools, primary and secondary schools)will discard text as a teaching medium because of your disdain for books and book learning.
For your consideration, possibly to place "book learning" in proper perspective, I enrolled in a Part 141 program for my commercial pilots license with instrument rating. A structured academic program utilizing information from text books combined with realtime experience in the cockpit earned my ticket. Same procedure I use studying coyotes. Lighten up a little Rich, books are "a good thing."(MS)

Hodgen
Member # 180

Icon 6 posted August 03, 2003 10:08 AM      Profile for Hodgen   Email Hodgen         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it time for a "group hug" yet?????? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 59 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 10:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
For those that can't figure it out, let me be clear that the title of this thread is the same as that which was sent to me by the administrator of HT. If you were to look at that board at the present time, the location has been changed, and the description has been changed.

I cannot edit the (title) of a post, in this version of the software. If it's not accurate, after the fact because of tinkering, that doesn't mean that the title is suddenly inflamatory and needs to be edited.

quote:
This section is for the "SERIOUS" Predator hunter. No Flamming, No badhmouthing, Just the Facts. Any questions for this section please E~mail " ravenarr1@aol.com ". This is an Invite only section.
As of this morning, the description is a little different, but it does say there will be:

no "Flamming" (sic)

or "badhmouthing" (another sic)

If you then click on a post entitled Letter from Leonard, you will see something that looks a lot, to my untrained eye, like either "Flamming" or "badhmouthing", followed by a reference to a certain "Butthead" from someone I don't know, and have never had contact with?

Now, as to the "letter" in question; this is a unfortunate breach of courtesy and ethics, and honesty. The Email was written three months ago, and is taken out of context, and severely edited. There was a complete explanation for the statements made, but of course, the person who decided to breach his own rules decided that my version of events were not important enough to be included.....

quote:
Just the Facts.
I'd say his readers are being mislead. We have to wonder about the stated purpose of this exclusive forum? Where is the need to post this crap in two different forums? I think it is clear as to the intent.

If this behavior occured anywhere else, somebody would get their ticket pulled, but I am not calling for that and could care less.

As to the accuracy of my private correspondence to this concerned individual, I stand by it completely.

Coyote Gods; crashed and burned.

Huntmasters; raised hell about absolutely nothing.

Hunt talk: in progress.....

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 11:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Date: 07/29/2003 6:50:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time
To: Nbosin@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hi Leonard,
I noticed you browsing the varmint forum at huntalk. Have you been formally invited to the new predator forum yet? You are welcome to join us if you like. I consider it to be neutral ground where everyone who behaves in a civil and respectful manner is welcome. If you'd like to browse it without anyone knowing you can check the box marked hide from whos online when you log in. The password for the predator extreme forum is ******. Thanks,

~ Two days later, look who gets raked over the coals, by the same person. What's the motive, here?

quote:

posted July 30, 2003 05:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leonard,
I'm sorry it took so long to get your invite out. We have been very busy getting the new forum set up. There is email addy posted in the header of MPE to request acess for those who are curious about what our topics of discussion are. It is a challenging task to run a forum and I salute you for being up to the task of owning, administrating, and moderating your own.

~The next day? Complimentary? Looks like it to me, but I could be wrong? One day later, a 180º turn.

Apparently, treachery knows no bounds?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 11:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way.

A while back, we had an extensive conversation about trapping, and your humble correspondent was being pummeled for almost four pages. After several suggestions, I closed the thread. End of subject; I thought?

This same individual at HT decided at that point to open a dialogue on HT, to continue the attacks on yours truly.

Is this a fair and responsible thing to do? Not in my book, it ain't.

What's to be gained?

Treachery knows no bounds.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 11:30 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
VH... don't you mean round 3062? [Frown]

My two cents worth if anyone really cares. A private email should remain private and not posted openly...

OK... going back to my corner again

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 01:00 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Higgins,
You are right, I was in fact on that Varmint forum. It was so long ago I almost forgot. I now remember leaving that forum after you so rudely ruined a perfectly good thread. See there Rich Higgins, I was man enought to admit that I was mistaken in my statement that I had never been to that forum. Now are you man enough to admit that you were wrong to have come into my seminar and ruined it? Just about the time that I begin to believe that you have good intentions, you shock me back to the real world with your smart aleck remarks.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 01:06 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
It is a shame that I have been drawn in to yet another uncalled for attack. It is also a shame that this problem between huntalk's Predator exstream forum and this board can not seem to go away. I hate to see problems between two boards, and I hope that you and Hunt talk can work things out.

--------------------

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 01:44 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Cronk
Rich Higgins
You are right, I was in fact on that Varmint forum. It was so long ago I almost forgot.
RH
Rich, your first post on that thread was 7/13, that's only 3 weeks ago. Are you feeling OK? Seriously.
Rich Cronk
I now remember leaving that forum after you so rudely ruined a perfectly good thread. See there Rich Higgins, I was man enought to admit that I was mistaken in my statement that I had never been to that forum. Now are you man enough to admit that you were wrong to have come into my seminar and ruined it?
RH
Very well Rich, I will try to measure up to your standard of manhood and concede that in your view I did indeed ruin your seminar by posting documented fact that contradicted the inaccurate 'lore' that you were parroting on 'your' 'seminar'. It apparently escaped you that no one supported your childish attack on me. Another thing to consider, that thread is still sitting on the Varmint forum of Hunt Talk for all to read.
Look Rich, if we are going to continue our exchange I would like for you to put some thought and effort into your half. I feel that you are not really trying. Do you just not care any longer? At least your tantrums had a little zing. Now compose a truly scathing riposte and make us proud of you.

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 06:01 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Higgins,
Your "documented facts" are figments of your own wild imagination. You have confused a lot of folks who are trying to learn how to call coyotes by making them believe that you actually understand coyote language. If you were really interested in helping people learn, then you would only tell them what is working for you, or has worked for you in the past. Your attempt to fool these folks will catch up to you in a matter of time. You are not worth my time and effort. What amazes me is that people like Leonard, SH, and a few others have not seen through your false shield yet. They will in a matter of time. Do I feel ok? Yes I do, thank you. In an earlier post, you make it sound as though SH has been talking about me behind my back. I really doubt that Rich Higgins. SH and I don't agree on everything but he has too much class to be talking behind my back. Nice try Rich Higgins, but I am a better man than you are. Please remember that you are the one following me around and making wise cracks. I believe that this has happened enough times now that even those you think are your friends will know that it is you that is trying to keep things stirred up.

[ August 03, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Rich ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 06:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What a surprise! A short time ago, I took a quick peek at the exclusive extreme forum, where they don't allow "Flamming" or "badhmouthing". The post in question has disappeared, for some reason?

As a device meant to welcome yours truly, it sure was an attention getter, but didn't tempt me to respond to the "cordial" invitation by posting.

So, why the attack? Why suspend their own rules? The "M.P.E." forum had not even been created, at the time I wrote that particular e-mail to the "gentleman" in question.

I have not made a post on that board, so it's not easy to see the reason for the attacks. Why would a friend of one of the moderators refer to me as a "Butthead"? Maybe because he had been talking to his friend, at great length?

But, it wasn't me, I could not have offended him, I don't know him, never had any conversation with this individual. He must have heard some really rotten things about me, slamming his friend, etc. The only thing is, I don't delete anything on Huntmasters, and he won't find any "slams". I dare him to find a derogatory comment.

Labels such as Butthead used in a strictly no "Flamming" private forum? Well, actually, it is easy to understand, considering those involved, but it's not right.

Shameful conduct.

But, I'm sure the man has been swooned into some irresponsible mental state by someone else. Someone working the back channels, someone pulling strings. Someone his own sister thinks has an inferiority complex.

Sad that the varmint topics have been hijacked by these petty people setting out to even an (imaginary) "score" of some kind?

Grown men, I assume?

Shameful behavior.

And, that's all I have to say. [Smile] LB

edit: one final note.
They finally locked the thread on the public board, a decent gesture, and I appreciate the consideration. \

But "they" still haven't noticed that they misspelled "Predator Extream".

Picky, picky. (I know, I know)

[ August 03, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2003 07:57 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Crank, your last post is a little ponderous and untidy but has fairly decent emotional content. All in all an improvement over your earlier effort. However you must direct me to the post you claim "In an earlier post you make it sound as though SH has been talking about me behind my back." I cannot find it, I'm sure Scott would be mildly interested as well.
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2003 03:14 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Man... I really tried to leave this alone but like a scab eventually I had to pick at it...

I am bummed I missed some of it, it may have changed what I have to say here and there (on HT).

I'll start at the top and work my way down;

Leonard, I think Doug's an "indian giver" with his invites, and appearantly he has proven this to be so for you as well.
I too have to ponder the reason for, and use of, that private forum... I guess I am not "civilized, or respectful"???

Mr Higgins, your bibliological references usually seem to be more accurate... Now I wonder if you're just making them up too.
I didn't originate "stirring the pot" your buddy Robb did, he originally accussed me of it on PM, when he picked me as the scapegoat for his plan to leave as moderator.
Please leave me out of your posts, I will try to do the same for you.

Hodgen, I don't really do the hug thing, get off of me... [Big Grin]

Crow Woman, I agree that e-mails should be private, but sometimes turnabout is fairplay... and business that affects all of us, and the way we interact, needs to be addressed as a community... not in secret corners of cyberspace.

Is your corner one of the private ones? [Wink] LOL

Mr. Cronk, I couldn't agree more that Mr Higgins' coyote speak smoke and mirrors show, is confusing as hell, and the main reason I gave up on howling.... that was no help to me.
All I hear from him is why he wont help, or how he has more unviewable video footage that'll explain everything about coyotes...

I myself have posted numerous times, my desire to see these videos and asked how to get one, and have never recieved any kind of answer from him.
Let's see if I get one this time... I won't be holding my breath.

How grown up of Mr. Higgins to resort to calling names... I bet you're used to the Crank thing, but I find it highly disrespectful.

Jeff  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters