The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Patches?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Patches?
Alaskan Yoter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2003 02:36 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Well fellas since we are on the topic in another post about collecting. I have decided to attempt a collection of patches from Varmint Callers Associations,Predator Calling clubs(New and Old), and patches the predator call companies put out. So if you have any you want to part with or know where I can get some please email me. This might be tuff thing to collect but what the heck. [Big Grin]
I once heard a story about Moses parting the Red Sea to find the California Varmint Callers Association members on the other side having a meeting!!! So I know theres some old patches out there. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

tcwm@gci.net

Todd

[ August 31, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Alaskan Yoter ]

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2003 05:14 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Alaskan Yoter, I still have some old California Varmint Callers patches. The State patch, 100 animal patch, 250 animal patch, 500 animal patch, 1000 animal patch, chapter patches from Long Beach, Riverside, So Cal and High Desert chapters, club pins and a few other goodies.

I gave a bunch of stuff to Arizona Predator Calls Co, like my club jacket full of pins and all the other goodies that went on it. They said they were starting a little predator hunting museum, Just to think I'm in a museum lol. I still have a bunch of trophies that have coyotes, bobcats and fox figurines on them. You may want to talk to Leonard to see if he knows of anybody welling to give up any of them old hard to earn goodies of yesteryear lol. By the way, there is no more California Varmint Callers Asso, (that was the original club). It changed it's name back in the mid 70s to the California State Varmint Callers and that club is still around, Good Luck.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2003 05:22 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Well One-C maybe you can will them to me? Long lost brother Todd [Big Grin]
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2003 11:22 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Man with all these old timers around here I have no takers? or any of the new groups for that matter?

Todd

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2003 12:56 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...Ok, send me your address and I'll send you a few things. E-mail it to me at onecoyote@uia.net

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2003 07:31 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Thanks!!!! [Big Grin]
RayG
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2003 05:53 AM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, How many years were you in with the Rebels?
Were you with them when they split from SoCal?
Ray

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2003 12:10 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Ray, I don't think Danny ever was with the Rebels. I think it was the Orange County and High Desert chapters only.
BTW, how've you been? Haven't seen you posting in a while. Still getting out? I'm letting you have my share of the desert. I've moved to CO to find a little more elbow room, lol.

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2003 04:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Danny was never a member of the Riverside Rebels, unless I am very mistaken? He stayed with SoCal, until joining Hi Desert. He may have been with Long Beach before that, but that's a WAG. I think he might have hunted a couple State Hunts as a mixed team with Riverside members? I don't know, maybe he was a member for a short while.

We do need to sort it out, if he gets famous; people will want to know this stuff. Go directly to the source, people. HEY DANNY!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2003 08:43 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
These sound like the group patches I'm looking for anyone know where I can get my hands on any?

Thanks,
Todd

RayG
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2003 04:33 PM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, Bummer! Hope you like the liberal politics in CO, only slightly less so than CA. Where in CO did you land?

Leonard, When I first joined the Rebels in 92 Danny was coming to a lot of meetings. I just thought he was a member. Then he quit showing up. We'd see him at state check-ins and I figured he was with OC then but never paid much attention which club he was in. Then it was High Desert with Frank.

HAVE A SAFE HUNTING DAY (NIGHT)

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2003 08:30 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Danny,

Did you ever get my email?

Todd

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2003 11:22 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Alaskan Yoter yes I did, I just ain't got around to sending you the stuff yet, but I well...lol.

Guys, the first chapter I was in was Long Beach Chapter 15. They had big problems with Granville and Struble or anyone else that didn't do what they wanted. So. Cal. started with a little bit of my help, Jims help and Granvilles help. That didn't last long, Jim had problams with old Crow, so he split away and started the Riverside Chapter. Granville started his own club called ( Southern California Varmint Callers ). I started a club called the High Desert Predator Callers. As far as I know it stands that way today. After 25+ years in the Asso, I was in these chapters... LB,SG,SC,R and HD in that order. Hope this gets things right, lol....God Bless and Good Hunting.

--------------------

Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted October 17, 2003 08:50 AM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Danny,

No big rush I just wanted to make sure you got my email......didn't want you to think I was blowing you off.

Thanks,
Todd

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 17, 2003 12:27 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
RG, I landed smack-dab in the middle of a nest of bunny-huggers, LOL. Boulder! But you know what? Just a 30 minute drive in any direction gets me away from them. And 2 hours puts me in Wyoming, heading North to paradise. [Wink]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 14 posted October 25, 2003 08:19 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Danny I got the stuff in the mail today and have to say "Super Wow", it was better then I thought it would be. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to display it.

The pins are an added bonus for me thanks again Danny.

Todd

[ October 25, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Alaskan Yoter ]

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2003 10:46 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
No problem, wish I had more to send you. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters