The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Special offer for Huntmasters members

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Special offer for Huntmasters members
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 06:38 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys...

I recently had the chance to do something most taxidermists don't often get to do - some stuff for me. Most of my shop time is spent just catching up and by the time the freezer gets emptied out, I'm so sick of doing mounts that I need a breather. By the time the burn out has burnt off, POOF! It's deer season again. Well, as luck would have it, I buckled down and did a couple display mounts for an upcoming event and this howling coyote is one of them. I've entitled it, "The Invitation".

-

If anyone is interested in having one done just like it (except for the antler base), just let me know and I'll get back to you.

My regular price on this mount is $275.

[ March 31, 2004, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 06:58 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog, I am interested. That is one of the few coyote mounts that I have ever seen that actually interested me. Get your prices figured out and let us know. That is very good. If I send a deer shed could that be included also?

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 08:59 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife, who refuses to let me put a Javalina on the Dining room wall, swears I have to have one of those mounts.

Send us a note with the costs. tbehle@theriver.com

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 09:56 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! That is sweet! Beautiful work Lance.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
tonlocus
Member # 254

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2004 05:57 AM      Profile for tonlocus   Email tonlocus         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that is beautiful work Lance. Sign me up too. I was gonna bid on this beauty on ebay, but I like yours a little better. [Wink]

-

Posts: 76 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2004 02:25 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony,

That pic made the rounds on the taxidermy websites about a week ago. Sadly, someone somewhere went to their taxidermist to pick up their bobcat and they said, "Oooooooooooooo!!! That looks good!!!!!" [Smile] I'm fixin' to edit and amend the original post on this thread to include price and instructions. BTW, I can make a coyote look like that 'cat for a little
extra and your promise that you won't tell anyone who did the mount for you. [Wink]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted March 02, 2004 05:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
On behalf of the membership, I want to thank you for the thoughtfull offer, Lance. That's a very nice, and original mount!

I hope you don't get more than you can handle! [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2004 06:50 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Leonard. Actually, deer numbers are down in Kansas and my freezers have some space. I did this mount as an experiment and I like the way it turned out. Figured I could maybe round up some extra work for me and set a few of you fellas up with a nice mount at the same time. Hope I end up overworked. [Smile]

Cal, yes, definitely on the shed. I'd offer them as standard equipment, but I'm fresh out and haven't gotten the chance to go out "hunting" again yet. Always good to keep a small pile under the bench for just such occasions as these.

The big and only challenge in this type of offer is, of course, getting the head to me in "fresh" condition. Not a real problem at all if you time things right.

--------------------

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2004 06:51 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a very generous offer...

Unfortunately I have filled my calendar with work and honey doos, the expo and other such events so won't be shooting any more coyotes till next fall....

That is great looking exhibit. Congratulations.

Thanks again.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
RanUtah
Member # 18

Icon 14 posted March 06, 2004 05:52 PM      Profile for RanUtah   Email RanUtah         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!!
Randy Buker
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2004 04:34 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

Send me your email. I've got some questions. Looks great though.

Randy

foxhunter_56308@hotmail.com

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308

Posts: 158 | From: Parkers Prairie, MN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters