The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Tyler did well this year

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tyler did well this year
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2004 06:15 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler is holding the annual Best of Seven trophy that he picked up this year. The others are from the monthly club competition hunts. My boy is doing OK.

-

IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2004 06:31 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic. I am going to stay away from the little barbs, And cute remarks.

I am so proud for both of you. To see this much dedication from some one Tyler's age is beyond my words. I just know it sure makes me feel great.

Tyler you are a inspiration to all of us.

Ronnie

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2004 07:27 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
No one can ever say it better than Ronnie... so I will just say, Ditto!

Tyler, you are definately an inspiration, like Ronnie said. And Rich, you know we've discussed this before, way to go Dad [Wink]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted April 10, 2004 09:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Tyler! Same to you, Dad.

Guess it's the combination of genes, talent and blood lust? Plus several years worth of scouting most of the state. Those other guys never had a chance.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2004 10:35 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Tyler. Like Sheri said ditto. Rich you got to be proud. I was fortunate enough to meet Tyler last October, and for ya'll that haven't met him, he truly love to call them coyotes. This is just proof that he not only likes it, but he is great at it. It sure didn't hurt to have a teacher like his dad. Ya'll would be a tough team to beat anywhere.

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2004 10:53 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
You're to be commended Tyler. Lots of folks talk the talk. Tyler walks it. That's just for only seven months of competition AND against a whole lot of experts too.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 14 posted April 11, 2004 07:08 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Tyler!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2004 07:27 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to both father and son!!!!

That is a great deal!

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2004 08:19 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Must be the lucky coat?
Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2004 08:37 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I started taking Tyler calling with me every weekend when he was one year old. He would sit in my lap under a camo net so he could move and squirm. He rarely did. He sat quietly and still, peeking through the holes in the net. He was a natural from the start. Shot his first coyote when he was four years old with a Chipmunk and a Stinger. Doesn't seem long ago at all. Now he weighs 195 pounds, tries to push me around, and has his own ideas about everything. [Smile]
Robb Krause teamed with us for the competition hunts. I missed the Oct. hunt while I was away hunting with Byron South, Pup and Jay. Tyler and Robb took first place without me. [Frown] [Wink] Tyler and Robb tied for first place on the Best of Seven, tie breaker was calling points which gave first to Robb and second to Tyler.
DJ(who posts here occasionally) and his son beat us once. Gary T, who is a guide(Shaq Oneal-$1500 per coyote) beat us once. And then there are some oldtimers like Jay, who has boxes full of trophies collecting dust in his garage, who do the hunts for the fun of it and could get serious and change things. So we know luck played a big part and things could have gone another way.
Since they really don't need me , I'm going to leave the rifle at home next year and just take the camera. I think they will do just as well.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2004 08:39 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Dennis, the coat was off hunting with Jay. We would have really romped and stomped if the coat had been with us. [Big Grin]
DJ in AZ
Member # 276

Icon 14 posted April 11, 2004 06:52 PM      Profile for DJ in AZ   Email DJ in AZ         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, Rob and Tyler,
Congratulations on a great year!!! You guy's were great, especially with the variety of critters you all harvested. Rob and Tyler--Good job on that " Best of seven" finish. I know that is the trophy that is the hardest to win. ( One year we took second and third-- Last year we missed by one point, as there was a three way tie) The good thing about it is come September we all start again for " BEST OF SEVEN". Missed the last meeting but I think we took second --behind you guy's again--Damn---but as they say, wait till next year Again congrats

Dan and Jake

Posts: 42 | From: Glendale AZ | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2004 09:28 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Very impressive!

Congratulations Tyler, Rich and Robb too!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 09:10 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tyler!!!!!!!

Rich, I already know you are one hell-uv-a guy! You sure seem to be a really great dad too! [Smile]

[ April 14, 2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2004 11:56 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Locohead, I believe I am, now I need to convince Tyler. [Smile]
Lady and Gentlemen, (most of you know who is who [Smile] ) I really do appreciate the very kind words and thoughts.
DJ, if we don't see you and Jason at the club meetings we will see you at the first hunt in Sept.

RanUtah
Member # 18

Icon 14 posted April 17, 2004 08:58 AM      Profile for RanUtah   Email RanUtah         Edit/Delete Post 
Great job Tyler! Way to go!

Rich, your devotion to Tyler and to the sport makes us all proud. It's with fathers like you that are securing hunting's future. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with hunting, you could be doing anything but I know you would have Tyler by your side. Now if we could only "bottle" that up, the world would be a better place.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters