The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Everybody's going somewhere

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Everybody's going somewhere
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 09:30 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Crow Woman is headed for Texas. Quinton is headed for the dark continent. So I'm going to head to Idaho for a few days of bear hunting. I was feeling a little left out. Mostly I'm going to film a couple friends that haven't got a bear yet. I got one there a couple years ago, so I'm low man on the totem pole. But if they get tagged out then I will stick an arrow in another one.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 10:20 AM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, and have fun on the hunt, Cal.

If anyone needs me, I'll be here till the end of time.

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 11:52 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you luck and hope you get some great film.
IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 12:14 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, good luck on your hunt... Get some great footage....

Hopefully your friends can shoot or at least you can out run them....

Enjoy

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 12:18 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Have an awesome time Cal! Don't forget the pics and story to follow [Wink]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 12:56 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, Hope you get a great biggun.

Ronnie

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 01:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a good time, Cal. Check back with us, when you get a chance!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2004 04:19 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck and have fun Cal.

I'm also off for a few days of glassing for black bears with a friend of mine. My buddy packs a bow and I carry a rifle. I have had the chance to watch him sneak up on and arrow a couple of blackies. When he gets within a couple of hundred yards of a bear, he slips off his boots and sneaks the rest of the way in wool socks. I sit back and give him hand signals as to where the bear is at if he can't see it. The funny thing is though, on both bears I have watched him stalk and kill he has had me walk in front with my rifle when tracking down the mortally hit bears. LOL. Maybe he is smarter than he looks. [Wink]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2004 06:04 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny
I was in Lewiston last Thursday on a paddleboat cruise with the wife. We did the hell's canyon trip etc. and had a good, although expensive time. I think my wife made a deal with the devil for the weather. We spent 8 days in the Pacific NW, 5 days west of the mountains, never had rain, and only one day cloudy.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2004 06:36 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to Disneyland in a few weeks. I'll say Hi to Mickey for y'all. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2004 06:39 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, you picked a good time to come up this way. Last few weeks have been unseasonably good weather. Glad you had a good time. [Smile]
Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DJ in AZ
Member # 276

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2004 08:17 PM      Profile for DJ in AZ   Email DJ in AZ         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of bears me and my son was hunting turkey up in the White mts. this last week end and walked up on one on a old service road. That will wake ya up in a hurry at 5:00 a.m. After I checked my pants to make sure there was not a mess in them and I got my heart re-started we got back to the hunt.
[url= http://"http://www.hunt101.com/?p=148433&c=526&z=1"]  - [/url]

Posts: 42 | From: Glendale AZ | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2004 08:09 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
DJ, congratulations on the Turkey... I went up to 6a, but the wind was blowing so hard the sound never made it off my slate before it was echoing in my ears....

If work, the stars and moon aligns, I may try and get excused from Mom's day celebrations and go again, otherwise I will be back at some clucking and puring the 15th...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters