The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Jay underwent (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Jay underwent
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 02:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
an emergency appendectomy last night. He's doing OK and will be discharged tomorrow. If you would like to E-mail well-wishes his address is
scragn@msn.com

IP: Logged
Byron South
Knows what it's all about
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 03:08 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh? apendix. Now I get it. He called me yesterday and left a message on my machine. It was kind of muttled and it sounded like he said they were going to have to remove some apendages. After seeing some of the pictures posted here I thought I had it figured out. Whew, now I feel better. I would trade my apendix for any of my apendages.

If you see hime Rich, tell him get well soon.

Byron [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 03:29 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, Did you let him anywhere near the Sheep?

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted June 25, 2004 03:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

Hope it had not ruptured, those things can get serious, real fast. But, he's tough. Hang in there, big guy!

Good hunting. LB

Anybody know some good jokes? I'm sure he could use a good belly laugh, right now. (not funny)

Also, hope they cut him along the bikini line so he can still look buff in them Speedos.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 04:18 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Whatever you do, don't pick him up and run down a flight of stairs with him in your arms. Last October, two weeks after my son had his appendix out, one of his school friends did that very thing And by mid-afternoon, we were back in the ER making sure internal sutures weren't torn loose. That was one hurtin' boy.

Do tell him to take it easy, if it hurts don't do it, and get better soon.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted June 25, 2004 05:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer. Rich says they got his MOJO, too!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 06:35 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Crow Woman just called. She is working a show this weekend

When I told her about Jay. She said she is on her way to administer special remedies until Jay gets on his feet again.

Don't know what the remedies are, Nor how long Jay will be off his feet.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2004 08:52 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you get to feeling better soon Jay!!!!! Hang in there, No te rajes gallo!!!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 07:40 AM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, heal up fast my friend! [Smile]
Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 08:13 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
I am confused? [Frown] First I heard it was a lobotomy, and then I heard it was a hysterectomy [Eek!] and now you say it was just an appendectomy? Well I had to call Jay to confirm it. As I thought he was going through his final sex change operation and the operation was called an “addadicktome.” or something like that. [Wink] Good luck Jay. You are in our prayers.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 08:15 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Get well you old dog man!
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 12 posted June 26, 2004 03:22 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, I warned you manny times about drinking "straight water." Now, look what happens. [Big Grin]

Chin up and be sure and show us a photo of the scar. [Big Grin] Or was it the bath you took in the desert????? [Big Grin]

Take care.

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 05:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rumors are flying... won't be back for six to eight weeks; as in extreme makeover?

One thing though, if it were me, I'd get that zipper tatooed with some fancy barbed wire. Is that cool, or what?

Plenty of bedrest, Jay & no smoking, either. Hope you have an exotic nurse to change your dressing.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2004 10:26 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Man Jay will try to make a call out of anything!!!!

I better email and get dibs.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Todd

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 06:52 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the well wishes fellows.
Momma's taking real good care of me.

I kinda' feel like a cat.... Drop something on the floor, look at it stupidly and say to myself, That's somebody else's problem and move on.

Thought I was going to have to spend my first night home in the Buick as I couldn't seem to get out of the silly thing. Did manage to get out and it felt good being home.

Jay

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 07:14 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome home Jay;

I heard that when they opened you up to get out the appendix, they had to stop for a minute due to smoke alarms going off!!! be careful it does take a while to heal...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 09:36 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Norm,
You bring up an interesting topic.
Today I had my first cigarette craving. My wife, Creulla, easily overpowered me in round one of this unfinished saga.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 09:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
JAY! Feeling better? You know, I had that operation when I was about ten years old, but I recall it as not a picnic....but at your age , you better go real slow, for a while. [Smile] Like, no pickup games at the gym; going for those rebounds can hurt ya. Ouch, just thinking about it!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2004 11:06 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
No smokes? I'll send you some Copenhagen. That will speed up the healing process [Wink] .

Glad your home [Big Grin] .

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

MJM
Member # 270

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 02:38 PM      Profile for MJM           Edit/Delete Post 
Heres an interesting Appendix story for ya. I honestly thought that this would deffinately kill you but I was wrong.

Right around Christmas fellow employee Terry M**** started to feel kind of sickly, then was fairly seriously uncomfortable. He even went to his doctor who looked him over and decided that he had a cold bug that had settled in his lower intestines. Terry stayed at work and struggled along for over a week, but on Wednesday he had to go home. On Thursady we got the news that his apendix had burst ..... bad news right ..... but it had burst over a week before he went home sick! Thats right he carried a burst apendix around with him for over a week before going to the hospital.

But it gets better. The doctor that gave him the diagnosis was stunned, he said Terry you should be either real sick right now or dead! But Terry was only very uncomfortable and slightly swollen. The doctor said that this was almost unheard of, but his body had walled off the infection like a dogs body will do, Terry was actually on the mend. Naturally we all thought that he would be having an emergency appendectomy but on Friday Terry was back at work. The doctors said that since he was all right he should wait for the swelling to go down before doing anything about the apendix.

4 or 5 months went by before he had the thing removed.

I bet you were under the impression that a blown apendix was a death sentence if it went untreated, I know I was, I guess its not always a death sentence.

MJM

Posts: 97 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 02:58 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Micheal,I'll bet he dip's Copenhagen. Am I right? Huh?

Jay, just let me know. I'll get you some right out [Big Grin] .

Byron

--------------------

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 10 posted June 28, 2004 04:00 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Byron, I live much closer to Jay than you do. I will go out in the back, and scoop up one or two of "Hooch's" dog torpedos and send them up. Save you the extra postage. Same difference, right? YUCK! I think I will take the "torpedo" over that stuff any day. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2004 06:33 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler and I visted with Jay yesterday. He is up and about, still doing 101 Jay things. Albeit a little more slowly and stiffly than usual. He gave us a copy of his completed video. Dyno-mite. Hugely entertaining. It follows the normal Nistetter slant on things. A lot of good behavioral and body language tips.
IP: Logged
DJ in AZ
Member # 276

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2004 05:10 PM      Profile for DJ in AZ   Email DJ in AZ         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay--- Hope you get healthy soon !! Sept. is just around the corner. Dan & Jake
Posts: 42 | From: Glendale AZ | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2004 06:22 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay,

I was worried about all of those stitches you must have. So I thought I'd send you something to test the strength of them.

( I sent something by email to raise your blood pressure a minute ago, but Leonard would delete it and ban us both if I posted it here. )

1. Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The

stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one

carrion allowed per passenger."

2. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and

says "Dam!"

3. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the

craft. Unsurprisingly, it sank, proving once again that you can't have

your kayak and heat it too.

4. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says "I've lost my electron." The other

says "Are you sure?" The first replies "Yes, I'm positive."

5. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root

canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

6. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing

in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about

an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse.

"But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because", he said, "I can't

stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

7. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to

a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in

Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of

himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her

husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband

responds,

"They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

8. Some friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a

small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers

from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition

was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not.

He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the

rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug

in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed

their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop.

Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that Hugh, and only Hugh, can

prevent florist friars.

9. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which

produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very

little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered

from bad breath. This made him . (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good)...

A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

10. And finally, there was the person who sent ten different puns to his

friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them

laugh.

No pun in ten did!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters