The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » HM Hunt attendance check (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: HM Hunt attendance check
Tyler H
Knows what it's all about
Member # 383

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2004 07:21 PM      Profile for Tyler H           Edit/Delete Post 
1. Dad and I will be there.
2. Gerry Blair said if he's alive and kicking he'll be there.
Who else?
3. Tim Behle
4. Jay Nistetter and Bill Martz
5. Danny Batastini
6. kee kee
7. Norm

[ August 25, 2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Tyler H ]

Posts: 25 | From: arizona | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2004 07:26 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler,

Glad to see you could bring yourself, try to drag the old man out with you so we can poke fun at him this year too.

This is one event I wouldn't miss for anything!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2004 07:28 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Me and Bill M. will be there.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2004 08:37 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
I ain't sure I'm invited, but I'll be there anyway I hope. I liked all the guys that were there last year, it can only get better. I remember my old buddy Bruce and I made one stand the whole weekend, must of called in 20 critters, but we forgot the ammo. [Wink] [Big Grin]

[ August 24, 2004, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: onecoyote ]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 6 posted August 24, 2004 09:07 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
BM?? I wouldn't miss that for the world! [Razz]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2004 10:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, you are not only invited, but we'd have to call the whole thing off, if you backed out. You're the headliner, dude.

Seriously, I need to hear from a few of you guys, The steering committee needs a little planning session.

Here's the way I feel. I have a number of inquiries; but I don't want to make decisions for the whole group.

Good hunting. LB

Think about it and email me.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 05:52 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
ok, so where is it you guys meet at.Not in your beloved state of Kalifornia I would think. Arizona maybe, Nevada or new Mexico. You have peaked my interest and inquiering minds or one brain dead coyote hunter wants to know....NVWalt

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 10:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Stay tuned, Walt.

For the present, I have had email returned from several people. It would help if I had an update on your current address, without those clever little spam defeating inserts.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

tonlocus
Member # 254

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 01:03 PM      Profile for tonlocus   Email tonlocus         Edit/Delete Post 
Leaonard, are you having a problem with mine?
Posts: 76 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 02:19 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler, the only requirement is that you bring your camera an make sure you intently catch your father's antics on film, similar to what he did to others last year.....

I plan to set up a couple tents and have some cots for people to utilize if they choose to sleep....

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 04:17 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony,

Man you didn't get the e-mails? Everybody is on the list dude!

No actually I am just kidding, it's a pretty exclusive list... and somehow my name accidently (I assume accidently) got on the list.

Hey guys, I really don't want to know what's going on behind the scenes, so if you guys could work my name off of the e-mails being circulated I'd appreciate it.

And not to worry, I have deleted all incoming mail with the "big dudes list" of e-mail addresses... none of you will be getting any e-mail, or spam, from me.

Tyler,

You've gotten 300 coyotes now? Congratulations bro! [Razz]

Oh, I am not attending. I gave up party crashing a long time ago.

Krusty  -

[ August 25, 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 06:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, I think somebody inadvertantly put you on the 300 minimum list, (or) it was a joke? I dunno?

The spot is limited for space, maybe eight or ten vehicles and tents and trailers, etc would max it out. Maybe we will be car pooling?

Sorry for the confusion. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

brent Saxton
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 07:22 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I have the date's scheduled off of work. And wouldnt miss this for anything. Look forward to it! Will be a great time, Im sure!

Kee

IP: Logged
crapshoot
Member # 225

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 07:25 PM      Profile for crapshoot   Email crapshoot         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats OK Krusty, you and I can hang out together since I didnt get invited either. [Wink]
Posts: 44 | From: S. Nevada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 07:27 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

As the person who originated that 300 coyote minimum last year, let me point out that I didn't direct it at you. I directed it at someone who would never post on a board that Leonard owns.

As for Tyler killing 300 coyotes. Consider who his Father is, and who all he hunts with. Jay Nistetter, Fred Cronk, Robb and the many others who are as active in the PVCA as he and his Dad are. The opportunity to kill 300 coyotes probably came a lot easier to him than the opportunity to loose his virginity.

If you don't want to come to the hunt, that's your choice. But I don't want you to close out the year empty handed, so how about I make you a good deal? You pick one of the first two weekends in December, get a flight down to Tucson on a Friday afternoon and I will pick you up, feed and board you and if I can't put at least one shootable coyote in front of you by Sunday afternoon, I'll pay for your airfare home. Sound fair? I'll even let you choose if I use handcalls or electronics.

Calling coyotes isn't all that hard, some folks just try too hard, I think that's what is catching you.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 07:56 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

You put me on the list, with the first e-mail this morning... you tell me whether it's a joke or what?

Crapshoot,

You're more than welcome to come up and hunt with me, anytime.

Tim,

I think you've missed my attempt at humor.
I thought after last year, y'all would know I think the 300 coyote thing is and was a joke (even though I don't have a clue at who).

As for Tyler, I am gonna take Tyler on his own merits, and won't hold who his father is against him (another joke).
I am pretty sure Tyler could more than teach me a few things, about predator hunting, and about having a father-son relationship... two things I haven't done much of.

I hope he knew I was just poking fun, and meant him no malice.
I actually thought about it after I had posted and hoped he wasn't gonna come back and say "oh yeah Krusty, I got to 300 last fall while winning a contest"... [Smile]

As far as the Huntmasters Hunt, it's not even about whether I would choose to go or not, travelling that far for any length of time is just not in my budget.
I will be here, close to home, happily working on my own 300 coyote antee.

I personally don't care how many dead animals we have to count at the end of the year, if any at all...
I hope my brother and I have a good time trying, I hope we learn something on each trip, and that we can return home safely everytime.

I definitely spent way too long, trying way too hard.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 08:38 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
"I personally don't care how many dead animals we have to count at the end of the year, if any at all..."
There's nothing wrong with that position. In fact, I share it. I've been shooting coyotes for almost 40 years, but have never been in a "contest", of any sort. Even when I belonged to clubs, I never entered or teamed up.

For me, coyote hunting is satisfying as a personal challenge. Just like my falconry, surfing, and skiing is (was) kept personal, so is my hunting. My ego is comfortable without the need to feed on someone elses inability to keep pace with me. Actually, I get more satisfaction from helping them to succeede, than I do reveling in their failures.
This probably explains why I don't gamble when I'm in Vegas, too. [Big Grin]

Krusty, you've been invited to go play with the big boys. You should go.

(edit) I don't have a problem with contest hunting, or any other competitive events. I've just never felt the desire to compete. The pride I felt in personal acomplishments has been good enough for me, I guess.

[ August 25, 2004, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 08:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Won't post here? Wonder who that could be?

Krusty, you have an offer, dude. A generous one, at that.

Oh yeah, anybody want to talk about that milestone event? You go first, Tyler?

(just kidding)

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tyler H
Member # 383

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 08:56 PM      Profile for Tyler H           Edit/Delete Post 
"feed on someone elses inability to keep pace with me."
" reveling in their failures."
That's an enteresting, although less than generous personal philosophy on "contests" and competitors.
BTW, you've been invited too.
Posted by Rich. I forgot to log Tyler out.

[ August 25, 2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Tyler H ]

Posts: 25 | From: arizona | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
22-250
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 09:13 PM      Profile for 22-250           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry posted to the old link. I will be there.

--------------------
The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him and even the flea would desert him for a velocipede.

Posts: 108 | From: Longview, Texas, glad to be gone | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 12 posted August 25, 2004 09:33 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, you're right. After I posted I went back to edit it to make sure no one thought I was slamming contests. But that's how I would feel about myself, not how I feel towards competitors.
I enjoy spectating and seeing the results, just never have been compelled to participate. No offense implied, OK? I even play chess against myself, lol.

[ August 25, 2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 10:05 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
" I even play chess against myself, lol."
LOL. Who usually wins?
Tom, sometimes it makes sense to compete against one other than yourself. How embarrassing to get knocked out while shadow boxing. [Smile]

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2004 10:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
After I posted I went back to edit it to make sure no one thought I was slamming contests.
AND, IN THE NICK OF TIME! MY FINGER WAS ON THE BUTTON! [Wink]

Nah, I'm pulling your leg, Tom. You're in the wrong place for value judgements. I don't care about personal philosphies that differ from my own....wait a minute, I just remembered one. You don't use a needle gun, do you?

Good hunting. LB

[ August 25, 2004, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2004 06:27 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I like contests, and have done good at some, and had to eat alot of humble pie at others.
Everybody has their reasoning for liking or not liking contests, but my hat is off to the guys that actually have the cajones to enter up. Especially if you have been around a while and are "known" for having a little ability. It's one thing to show up and not do well if no one knows who you are, but to hang it out there when every one knows you takes some confidence, and you also need to have a good enough attitude to accept defeat occasionally. I have alot less use for the "experts" that are afraid to compete and show what they really can do.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2004 07:32 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
All good points, but for me it has nothing to do with fear of competing or fear of losing. Hey, I've been divorced twice, and had to start from the bottom 3 times. I'm older than Danny and my latest ex is trying to take my meager retirement pay from me. No, fear is not the issue.

Leonard, no needle guns here. As for "value judgements", I set my standards for myself, not for the rest of the world. I don't try to please, and I don't expect to BE pleased. Nothing complicated about me, I'm just a simple guy.

[ August 26, 2004, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: NASA ]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters