The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » any opinions on Midway?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any opinions on Midway?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 11, 2004 09:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I get the frequent buyer flyers from Midway, but this is the first time I have seen the birthday offer. They said I can make one order, on my birthday and there will be special prices in effect for that 24 hours. Are these birthday prices a good deal, without shoping around, or not? Anybody know?

example: Leupold 6.5X20X40mm w/side focus&30mm tube duplex reticle matte

regular price $619.99
birthday price $482.08

Is this a better deal than any other place in town, or not?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Weasel
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 12, 2004 01:23 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I've searched a few sites including one that I've found to have some of the lowest prices around. I seriously doubt that you can get the scope for anywhere near what Midway is offering it for. It's a steal at $482.08.
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 12, 2004 01:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I thought! Some of the prices were about four dollars off a hundred pieces of brass, and for the real expensive Euro scopes, only about fifty dollars off.

I don't know what I'm going to buy, yet, but I intend to place an order on my birthday.

I suggest that everybody register for this deal, sounds like too good to pass up, and I can resist everything but temptation.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

yotefever
PAKMAN
Member # 418

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2004 05:48 AM      Profile for yotefever   Email yotefever         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't place the order until your sure you have everything on it that you want. I didn't notice that it's a one time order and missed something.
Sure is a good deal. Same as dealer pricing.
Got some bullets for next season and shipping was very low with all the weight that there was.

Posts: 4 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2004 08:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, yotefever. Glad to have you on board.

Yeah, it's a heck of a deal, but you need to read it carefully; one order.

I bought a scope, still in the box, maybe for a project I will get around to, sooner or later. Sometimes I think buying scopes is like money in the bank.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RanUtah
Knows what it's all about
Member # 18

Icon 2 posted October 16, 2004 10:41 AM      Profile for RanUtah   Email RanUtah         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been happy with them. Never had a problem and always fast shipping.

[ October 16, 2004, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: RanUtah ]

Blak coyote
Member # 415

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2004 04:51 PM      Profile for Blak coyote   Email Blak coyote         Edit/Delete Post 
I've dealt with midway a few times and there prices are competitive with others.Always prompt service.Another one I've had excellent dealings with is Lock,Stock & Barrel,always helpful when I had questions and easy to deal with.
Yotefever is that you Mike? [Wink]

[ October 16, 2004, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Blak coyote ]

--------------------
Bad dog no biscuit

Posts: 22 | From: N.E.WI. | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2004 08:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, blak coyote. Glad to have you on board.

I also like Lock Stock and Barrel, especially for precision stuff.

But, this birthday deal at Midway is unbeatable. Everyone should sign up.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

yotefever
PAKMAN
Member # 418

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 06:10 PM      Profile for yotefever   Email yotefever         Edit/Delete Post 
It's me Duane,

I hope to make it up and hunt with you soon. I've been checking out some areas around here but no luck yet. I talked with a guy Sunday and he watched three yotes chasing a deer. I was east of him about a half mile+ when it happened. Very thick brush, not much chance for a shot.

Posts: 4 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Blak coyote
Member # 415

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 10:49 PM      Profile for Blak coyote   Email Blak coyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats cool Mike.I've been trapping with my son since a week ago sunday and picked up 8 coyotes and one red fox.Itching to do some more calling.By the way Leonard,NICE BOARD! [Cool]

--------------------
Bad dog no biscuit

Posts: 22 | From: N.E.WI. | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters