The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Canadian wilderness trail ride

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Canadian wilderness trail ride
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 04:10 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from a seven day Canadian wilderness trail ride. (Under the title of a supposed moose hunt). I also got the pleasure of staying in a very rustic (read: worn out) tent for the duration of this fine hunt. Ahhh, the pleasure of the gentle Canadian breeze (40 mph) blowing under the tent walls. The same wind that happened to be filled with the purest virgin Canadian snow and sleet, that gently coated the rustic dirt floor of the same said tent and turned it to the purest of Canadian mud. In the 7 days of fine trail riding, I did get the pleasure of seeing one bull moose right at dark several hundred yards away. If I thought I could have launched an arrow that far I might have tried it. Also included at no extra charge was one grizzly in the middle of the trail in the beautiful pre dawn darkness of one of the wonderful days filled the the gentle monsoon rain and snow. That will get your attention when he stands on his hind feet a mere matter of feet from the horses you and your guide are riding at the time and lets out a roar and a woof. For my wolf hunting pleasure I did see a couple tracks, but couldn't figure out how to tan them so I left them where they were. After the grizzly incident I was a little leary of blowing a predator call. My personal guide for this adventure was a great guy, and I really liked him despite the fact that he had never killed a moose himself, and had never guided a moose hunter to a kill with a rifle or a bow. Hey, everyone has to start somewhere, so why not on my money? At least he was honest and tried hard and I tipped him well for doing so, even though it went against every moral fiber in my being. Anyway it's good to be back in the US and I'm going to do a little elk hunting this weekend for myself before I have my own clients coming in on Monday for some archery hunting. Guided hunts........ Buyer be Ware!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 05:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad, Cal. Sorry to hear. But, you will remember that hunt for a long time, the easy hunts blur into the background, but those bad conditions hunts stay with you....builds charactor! Just kidding, I know it's tough.

Go gettum wapiti, paleface.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31552 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Western Rifleman
Member # 393

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 09:58 PM      Profile for Western Rifleman   Email Western Rifleman         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal . . .

Deepest sympathies to you my friend. I understand. ... and I don't blame ya a bit -- this last drive I just made from Alaska to Wyoming -- I will NEVER drive through that scummy rip-off communist state of Canada again.

When I finally hit the Montana border after 6 long days of driving -- I looked at the U.S. Border Patrol agent and said: "Son -- I'm glad as hell to be back Home and back on Free U.S. soil again"! He just looked at me, nodded and grinned.

Thank GOD for the USA....and to this day it takes God, guns and Guts to Keep it Free!

Keep ur powder dry and have Plenty of powder! :-)

Cas

Posts: 26 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2004 11:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, Western Rifleman. Glad to have you on board.

I know what you mean, up there, I got some static, myself. And, I sure know what you mean coming back to America, after being out of the Country for a while. In spite of everything, liberals, animal rights wackos, women's lib. etc, it's still the best. You leave this country, it's scary. You have practically no rights, whatsoever.

Good hunting. LB

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31552 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RanUtah
Member # 18

Icon 2 posted September 17, 2004 08:37 PM      Profile for RanUtah   Email RanUtah         Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer Cal, sorry to hear it. But at least you took some pictures??
Western Rifleman
Member # 393

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2004 10:21 PM      Profile for Western Rifleman   Email Western Rifleman         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard . . .

You sure hit the nail on the head --- so many in the US simply don't realize that most of the rest of the world Hates us, and that upon leaving our borders that you're in ****** country and total Badlands!

and Thank You Sir, for such a warm welcome -- it is much appreciated.

Had a wonderful evening ... just time for 1 stand but no takers; however, such a Gorgeous Wyoming sunset and cut a fresh new Lion track to boot -- it doesn't get much better! :-)

Stout Heart and Good cheer!

Cas

Posts: 26 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters