The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Some HM "Hunt" Photos. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Some HM "Hunt" Photos.
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 7 posted October 23, 2004 12:53 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeesse....."HM "Funt" photos, how did that get in there. Should be Hunt Photos.

Here are some of the PM Hunt Photos I took this weekend. Vic and I had been out since Monday with the dogs and horses, so we went by to create much "hate and discontent" as we could. [Big Grin]
Enjoy!
 -
The cook tent after a hard night.

-
L-R, Danny, Leonard, Vic, and NASA.

-
Rich Higgins

[ October 25, 2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
"There are lion chasers, lion catchers, and lying SOB's."

"Warriors of El Gato - The Lion"

Posts: 368 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 12:59 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
More Photos.

-
Danny, Gerry Blair, and Jay Nistetter.

-
This is who NASA had to sleep with (the cook). [Big Grin]

-
The Cook (Tim Behle) has arrived ....... looks like they ran him out of Oklahoma. [Big Grin]

-
NASA and Vic

[ October 23, 2004, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: bucksnort ]

--------------------

bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 01:03 PM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
More Photos.

-
Vic and Danny.

-
Tim and Jay

I want to say that Vic and I had a great time at the hunt, even if it was for one night. Great people to be with and Tim was doing a great job of cooking. Can't wait for the next one.

I want to give a big thanks to Rich for showing his hidden talent of being a number one "Horser Wishper."

Take care.

--------------------

Alaskan Yoter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 01:05 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey wheres all the young folks? That looks more like an AARP Convention!!! [Big Grin]

Nice pics though. Thanks for sharing them.

Todd

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 01:07 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoying the photo's - Keep em coming

Ken

Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 02:10 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like the storm Leonard was concerned about came north. That’s ok we needed it! It looks like they are having a great time. Thanks Bucksnort.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 05:02 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Mo pics!

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 05:55 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Whose "great" looking legs are under that blanket? I reconginze them now, he's a keeper. Good thing he's cooking good food for all his buddies, the kids and I are starving. Think we'll have to kill one of these chickens that run loose all day. Those were great photos, Bruce.

Mrs. B

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 10:16 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Miss Joyce; Them boys know how to cook, they are just fooling you if they say they don't so there is little reason to go and kill one of them good chickens to feed them with.... Besides... if you kill one, there will be less eggs for breakfast....

Buckysnort;;; thanks for the pictures. I know I missed a grand ole time... but there will be more...

How did you and Vic do with the dogs up on the hillsides???

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 11:41 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Norm, I don't think toast and water equal a good meal. At least not as good as what those men are eating. You should have seen the preparation that went into the meals Tim was going to fix. Now that I know he can cook 7 course meals, it may be a little different around here. I'll sit back and watch him perform kitchen duties. And with the view of those pretty legs under that blanket in Bruce's picture, I might have to insist that he wear short-shorts while cooking. Or even better yet, do it just like one of his hunting trips, All Natural! [Eek!]
Miss Joyce

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
bucksnort
Miss Chris from AZ
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2004 05:22 AM      Profile for bucksnort   Email bucksnort         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Miss Joyce.

quote:
Or even better yet, do it just like one of his hunting trips, All Natural!
Is there a story here that you will share with us, before the "old man" gets home?????? Come on Miss Joyce, let us in on a little of it. [Big Grin] After all, we can always use this information for future hunts and such. [Big Grin]

Take care.

--------------------

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2004 07:41 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
bucksnort, I think Miss Joyce was reffering to Tim's deer hunt from a couple years ago; He had that alnatural camo in in the picture....

Miss Joyce; I am sure there was much preparation that went into those meals that the boys were going to prepare and I am sure it was well received amongst that retirement community.

As for the activities around the home place.... that is why many look forward to being empty nesters....I just wish mine would leave...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2004 07:01 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez,

It's not even safe to get up and go pee outside of your tent at 2AM with all of the camera crazed people around!

We sure had a great time, I wish you could have stayed longer ( but only if your camera battery had died )

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2004 09:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here I am, safely ensconced in Sedona, with a laptop , which I hate.

Anyway, good pics, Bruce. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think I hit the old bedroll untill 1:00A.M. any of the three nights? Too much steak, tequilla, pork chops, etc. Tim did a great job, and he deserves thanks from all attending.

Many memorable events. There was Jay getting fleeced for a dollar from Gerry Blair.....you had to see that one to believe it!

Impressive display of horsemanship from Rich Higgins. Quite a talented man; many facets.

Of course, I won the "guess the weight" of the coyote contest. Wasn't fair, really.

Man, the rain on the first night was substantial, to say the least. I told them that I had drove throuh some heavy weather, and sure enough, it hit just after we all went to bed. But, not for long.

Bruce and Vic got soaked and spent half the night in the 'burban, warming up. Nobody escaped, I had to dig out another pair of socks, as the pair I planned on wearing needed to be wrung out.

The logistics of one atendee's travel arrangements boggles the mind. Then there was the shorts he wore; which made me cold just looking at him? He kept complaining about the poor burning qualities of soaked AZ wood and the lousy tasting water. Which explains why he stuck to stronger beverages. Six aspirin seemed to clear the hangover?

Well, we had fun. That's all that matters. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tyler H
Member # 383

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2004 02:01 PM      Profile for Tyler H           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to thank you all for allowing me to come along on this trip. It was a very fun weekend.Tim, thank you very much for the food your a great cook, every one seemed to agree. This weekend gave me a chance to put the names with the faces. I hope we can do this agian and it goes just as well as it did this time around.
Posts: 25 | From: arizona | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2004 09:32 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
That get together will be hard to beat. Some of the finest people you could ever want to sit around a campfire with. Everyone had stories to share, late into the night. The food and drink was excellent. Tim is an awesome camp host and made us all feel like guests! And there was the opportunity to get a little deeper insight into the character and personality of folks we only know from reading their posts. Let me tell you, there's a LOT more to these guy's than you read here! And Tyler, you held your own with the old guys, quite well. You're becoming a fine man, and your Dad can be (and is) very proud of you.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Duncan Menads
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 12:17 PM      Profile for Duncan Menads           Edit/Delete Post 
So where are all the pictures of the huge piles of dead stuff???

I mean, other than the pictures of you guys.

Posts: 44 | From: Your Closet | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 01:10 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan, the only dead stuff I saw at camp was flies [Frown] and I'm talking hundreds of the little buggers. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 02:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, wasn't that one of the names that came up around the campfire? Just who is that masked man?

Hunting was not as good as it should have been, that's for sure.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 04:54 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
This gathering is not focused on Killing; yes, going out to hunt and call is part of it, but the real enjoyment is the BS around camp; the jokes, the laughter... having Mr Blair take Jay's money... as with many camps... the hunt is just icing on the cake...

Hunting in AZ has not been great so far this year for me anyway... Glad I am not the only one with the challenges....

--------------------
Carpe Diem

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 06:19 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
There were a couple of groups of coyotes in the immediate area of the camp site. They would stop by each night and have a short conversation with Rich and Tyler. But they would not show themselves at all during daylight. I think the word was out. [Wink]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 07:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In our defense, what Norm says is true. Some attendees didn't even have hunting licenses and either observed, or hunted with a video camera. I don't think anybody left camp at the crack of dawn, as if a large body count mattered. It was all very casual and relaxed; in a word: pleasurable. I don't think we had anything to prove. Myself; drove twelve hundred miles and fired one shot. I have no problem with the fortunes of the hunt.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 07:19 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I only left camp to hunt on one morning. Since I first stumbled onto his writing back in the 70's I have dreamed of going hunting with a legend named Gerry Blair. On Saturday morning that dream came true.

I only called in one coyote, and I missed him, but I wouldn't trade the memory of that morning for tonight's winning Powerball ticket.

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Duncan Menads
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2004 07:42 AM      Profile for Duncan Menads           Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of sort of all sounds like a Higgins hunting video, doesn't it?

Well, I'm glad you all had a good time. Nothing wrong with a good game of shuffleboard.

Norm, sorry to hear that Arizona hunting isn't up to snuff this year. I'm surprised you are making this assessment so soon, though, surely you've only been hunting for a week or two?

Posts: 44 | From: Your Closet | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2004 07:56 AM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have only made about 12 stands, hoping to get some filming.... not one coyote wanted their picture taken....

Maybe next month...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters