The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » River otter pics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: River otter pics
Byron South
Knows what it's all about
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 07:14 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Went out Sunday morning hunting with my wife. She has been taking some photography classes and we were just fooling around looking for cool stuff to take pictures of. We were hunting along a river here in East Texas hoping to get some pictures of soom ducks or deer. As we were slipping up on some ducks we noticed something plaing around in the water. It was 5-6 otters having a big time. They are very playful and we had a ball watching them. I had my video camera as well and got some great footage. Here is a couple of pictures I took from the video.

-

-

Happy Holidays and Good Hunting

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 09:22 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat! Do you suppose that they enjoyed watching you two and found you amusing and cute too?

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 10:17 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures Byron. Thanks!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 10:41 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I recognize the look on those otters faces. Same look was on my face the first time I saw Byron too. [Big Grin]

Very cool pics. Can't wait to see the video.

IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 12:43 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pic's Byron!

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 01:31 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Byron, Remember my little bass pond. Well Saturday all four yard Dogs were back there going nuts. Rode back and found four exhausted wet dogs. There was a big male Otter sitting on the island licking his fur.

He had this cool look on his face, Like when you mutts get rested we will play tag again. I know he is slaying my Bass, But he is just so beautiful to watch. I don't wont to do him in yet, But I am not going to let him have a winter supply of Florida bass.

Great pictures. Tell Lana and the kids I said high.

Ronnie

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 01:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Ronnie. How are you feeling? Well, I hope?

I called an otter one time, it was at night and I had one hell of a time making an ID. Of course, I didn't shoot. If I said where it happened, there are those that would probably open their mouth in surprise, since you would not expect an otter in the Nevada high desert.

Sea otters are so damned cute, but cause a lot of damage that a lot of people would sooner shoot them on sight.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 05:05 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
How do you post pictures ?

--------------------
Guns have two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS.

TOO FEW PEOPLE MAKE TOO MANY DECISIONS FOR TOO MANY PEOPLE

Posts: 132 | From: Curlew Wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2004 05:17 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Too funny Rich. Fell out of my chair. Thought about calling 911 but had a beer to get finished.

I bet they are saying to themselves... "I bet he's go around 170. Whaddya think Holmes?"

[ December 14, 2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2004 05:06 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Something must be wrong with us. We will shoot a $2 coyote and take pictures of 6 $130 otters! I have done the same thing. Great Pictures,Byron.
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2004 11:01 AM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thomas
Member # 482

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2004 05:27 PM      Profile for Thomas   Email Thomas         Edit/Delete Post 
That what I was thinking those otter are worth over a hundred each. would be trying to get them on drying boards.
Posts: 23 | From: Mtn. Home Ark | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters