The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » A nice book.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A nice book.
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 06:10 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Just unwrapped the first edition copy of "The Clever Coyote" I bought from amazon.com. Pleased to find it exactly as described, which is to say in excellent, near new condition. For $20, I think I got a good buy!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Knows what it's all about
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 06:47 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good read; I always liked that first plate. - Another oldie to get is The Voice of the Coyote..... Of course Dobie was a liar.
Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rob
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 06:48 PM      Profile for Rob   Email Rob         Edit/Delete Post 
Great book..Stanley Young also wrote books on Wolves,Mountain Lions and Bobcats.

--------------------
"Where did all these #$%^&* Indians come from?" Gen. George Armstrong Custer

Posts: 224 | From: Clancy Montana | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 07:12 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rob, I bought that book when you mentioned it *years* ago - thanks <G>
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 07:59 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Catskin, how ya doin'?
"Of course Dobie was a liar."
I don't understand.

IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 08:28 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
would sensationalist be a better term?
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 05:06 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read quite a few of Dobie's books. I enjoyed his Ben Lilly and lost treasure books more than his coyote one though.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 05:20 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I think exuberant would be a better term. He's Texan.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 05:23 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Dave , 20 bucks for a near new first edition is a real find. Wonder where it has been the last fifty years?
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 12:43 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of the Ben Lilly book - have you read Elliot Barker, both the Western Adventures and When dogs bark Treed are great.
Rob
Member # 75

Icon 14 posted December 28, 2004 01:38 PM      Profile for Rob   Email Rob         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished Wiley Carroll's book History Of American Lion Hunting..it's a good read..Sure miss his column in the Trapper it was always full of good info.

--------------------
"Where did all these #$%^&* Indians come from?" Gen. George Armstrong Custer

Posts: 224 | From: Clancy Montana | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 02:28 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't read any of those. I'll add them to my list. Thanks!

- DAA

--------------------

catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 03:40 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
High Lonesome has a few good titles. Slash Ranch Hounds and Meet Mr Grizzly come to mind. I haven't gotten the Wiley Carroll book yet, another I want to buy is Gazehounds & Coursing.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters