The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Huntmasters Campout (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Huntmasters Campout
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2005 09:44 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Question from the new guy:

I've heard a few rumblings of the annual campout. What's it all about? What goes on? What do you all do? Is it a good time? How the hell do I get invited?

Okay, make that question(s) from the new guy.

[ July 02, 2005, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2005 09:57 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp,

I'll be VERY interested to see some of the answers you get.

Have you killed 300 coyotes yet? I haven't.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2005 10:17 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Well? C'mon guys!

Give my pal Krusty and me the scoop!

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2005 10:50 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp,

Man, I gotta wonder 'bout you?  -

Are you just baiting me, or are these questions for real? (if yer baiting me you are VERY good at it... are you and Byron friends? lol)
You've been digging around "in the closet", keep diggin', there's some stuff about the (two so far) hunts.

Yer pal Krusty knows way more, than he ever wanted to know. I can tell you that.

Do you get Trapper and Predator Caller magazine?
In the same issue that I read about mil-surp coyote guns, Vol. 30/ No. 1/ January 2005, Gerry Blair wrote an article that was sort of about last year's hunt, though it left out a lot too.

Pretty much sums up the hunt, it was sort of about hunting, and it left out a lot too. [Wink]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 04:06 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp, Rich keeps inviting me, but I can't go. Wool allergy. [Frown]

But, for those who can make it, sounds like fun.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 06:51 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

No bait here -- honestly curious about the campout.

Would like to experience one assuming I have the time and the loot.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 08:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Third chuckle

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 10:35 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been there, but from the stories I've heard, it is a scary deal. It is held totally in secret, only on a dark moon, and the date is set by a gypsy fortune teller from Cleveland. There have been ritualistic animal sacrifices (mostly sheep, I've heard), grown men dancing together in grass skirts, and they have some sort of worship service concerning the "Coyote Gods". I think thats about it in a nutshell, but I haven't heard a date yet, or for sure if any such functions is really being, or ever has been held. I read a story about it once, but I'm sure it was a completely ficticious article, because it was stated that only one coyote was actually killed, and that is not possible with the group of hunters that was supposidly involved.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 10:52 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sold. Count me in.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 11:19 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp,

You still haven't answered my original question, and it does relate to the hunt. Have you killed 300 coyotes?

If you have, your invitation might be forthcoming.
You are friends with Higgins (I think?), and somewhat more famous than infamous, so for that too your invitation may come.

Time and loot is not all that's required to attend, since you'd like to, I wish you all the best with that.
Time and loot are huge requirements though, and they were huge obstacles in my path, but that's not why I turned down what I still feel was an "mock" invitation.

Most of what I could say, about the hunt, would merely be my opinion.
I'll keep that to myself, and wait to see what those who actually attended wish to share.

Krusty  -

(*Note I have only recieved one invitation to go hunting, that I feel was genuine, that one came from Tim Behle)

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 12:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal could be right; it's a myth.

Krusty, you need help. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

another rumor: minimum qualifications: 300 eastern coyotes? (mixed western & eastern is okay)

and another thing, Krusty. You got an invitation, from me, and I am offended that you are now calling that invite "not genuine". Are you trying to get banned, or what?

[ July 01, 2005, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 12:30 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

Maybe you and I should take this matter to private e-mails?

I really do feel the way I feel, you need take no offense by that.

Nope, not trying to get banned, but I am also not trying to not be banned anymore.

Krusty  -

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 12:35 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

You ask some interesting questions, but what the hey, if the answers are that important to you I'll answer them.

Honestly, I have no idea how many coyotes I've harvested. Been at it about 12 years. I used to keep the brass from each kill with a slip of paper with details rolled up inside. Kept them in a kitchen drawer.

One day I noticed some of the slips of paper had slid out and I couldn't tell which slip belonged to which casing, so I said what the hell and pitched them all out.

Counted em up -- had shy of 200 if memory serves me. That was about 6 or 7 years ago give or take.

Now I have slowed down on the coyote calling as my writing has ramped up. Don't get out as often as I'd like anymore. The writing is more important to me these days by a long shot.

300 coyotes? Lord if I know. I might guess so but would never swear to it.

I've taken my coyotes one or two at a time in the heavy brush of South Texas. Totally self-taught. I've had to hunt hard to take what I've taken. Learning by trial and error has taught me much about South Texas Coyotes. Learning that didn't come easy -- especially for a fool like me.

Haven't howled much, mostly distress cries. Use both mouth and electronic. Have always owned JS calls since I first started.

Rich Higgins? Can't say I know him well, but what I do know, I like. Met him once, over a year ago when he came through Texas. Got to see some of his video work. Rich strikes me as a good, fair guy with a good sense of humor. Appears he's worked hard obtaining his knowledge on coyotes. In short, I'd have a beer with him anytime.

Or you for that matter.

That's about it. Hope this helps.

[ July 01, 2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 12:42 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tripp. Want another video? [Big Grin]
IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 12:48 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Better yet make it two. Or the whole collection ... and, while you're at it, throw in a box of Higgins howlers, your video camera, Mattie, her camera, a plate of enchiladas and three chinese girls.

I'll pay the postage.

[ July 01, 2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 01:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Who told you! Now you've spoiled the big surprise!

[ July 01, 2005, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 01:40 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Tripp. I have first bid on the Chinese girls.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 02:09 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie, I got first dibs on the front. You can have the backs. Deal?

I like this one...

"Are you just baiting me, or are these questions for real?"

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Rich, If you don't mind, I could send him a couple of my copies. The Fire Chief said that having all of them stacked up by the entertainment center constituted a fire hazard. Not to mention the fact that my wife is tired of the "pathways" through the family room.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krispy Klunker
PAKMAN
Member # 677

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 02:40 PM      Profile for Krispy Klunker           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

I hate you. I hate your howlers. I hate your dog. I hate your mother. I hate your mother’s dog. I hate your mother’s dog’s howlers.

Hugs and kisses,

Krispy (insert little wavy bastard here)

Posts: 1 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 02:43 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2005 09:03 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa Krispy Klunker, them's fightin words and could get the Krusty kicked out of you.
IP: Logged
RayG
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 02:57 PM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, is Krusty a fictitious character you conjured up for entertainment of the members of this wonderful board? Krusty is really your second login, right? LOL

Krusty, you know, if you would once in a while venture into the wilderness of WA with your four fingers, and opposing thumb wrapped around a call, and blow hard, (you are good at that part) you might one day call in some coyotes. Maybe not 300, but some coyotes. You do have opposing thumbs don’t you?

I have been visiting this board since its origin 8-10 years ago, and there has been never been another member with your stamina for abuse. This appears to be your only redeeming trait.

Pay close attention; remove your finger tips (claws) from the keyboard, stand up, stretch, get all dressed up in your finest camo clothing, get in your flashy SUV, and venture into the wilderness. Once there, refer to the preceding paragraph and …….

Your presence here is quite entertaining, but I am certain you may find others of your species wandering elsewhere. While in the wilderness, loose your compass and GPS.

I don’t suppose I am the first to entertain such a suggestion, but Krusty, GET A LIFE!

And now I shall return to the shadows.
Ya"ll have a nice 4th Weekend. I'm done sniping here and leaving now for some coyote hunting.

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 03:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, he's real, so don't hurt his feelings, Ray. That's my job.

Look at it this way, he's our very own mascot, with angst; and a challenging group project.

Wonder what sort of secret (black) stuff Frank is up to, these days?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 03:30 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Ray, you should post more and lurk less, lol. Good to see you're still around. Do you still make your annual trek to CA in the fall? I left Elsinore and am now scouring the plains of CO for furred quarry. Let me know if you're ever in the Denver area.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
RayG
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 03:31 PM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't help myself this time Leonard. Seemed like I need to have some fun between hunts.

I haven't heard from Frank in ages.

OOPS! I am supposed to be on the road. Later.

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters