The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hey Everybody XXX (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Hey Everybody XXX
Sue and Mark Nami
Knows what it's all about
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 12:55 PM      Profile for Sue and Mark Nami           Edit/Delete Post 
This must be the place. I actually did some reading on this board before I decided to enlist. Lots of good stuff to read and people that seem to know what they are talking about (unlike other places) and don't care about how you do just so long as you get out and do.

I tried another board and didn't last long because I had the wrong equipment. Pretty closed mind about it too. Appeared there really isn't more than one way to skin a cat. Got Sue all fired up about it and called them a bunch of liberal weenies.

I doubt I will be contribute much but will certainly ask some dumb questions. I sort of got hooked on calling predators when I went deer hunting in Nebraska around Dodge City. That's a really neat place.

[ August 01, 2005, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough
good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke..1729-1797

Posts: 44 | From: east coast | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 01:25 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Sue & Mark
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 01:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, Sue and Mark. Glad to have you on board.

I just can't believe that using the wrong equipment would get you in trouble......

Upon reflection, there may be a specific place where that could happen.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sue and Mark Nami
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 01:57 PM      Profile for Sue and Mark Nami           Edit/Delete Post 
My mistake was shooting a coyote with my sporterized Enfield while on a deer hunting trip in Nebraska. Then they started in on me and the last thing I said was at least I didn't need a dog to track it down after I shot it. Color me gone.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 02:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, real good hints. I could hazzard a guess, at this point. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

PS, the first coyote I ever shot was with a 270 Winchester. Bet that wouldn't go over very well, either?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 29, 2005 02:56 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard. No question is a dumb question and there are plenty of people here that will give you their take on it.
Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sue and Mark Nami
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 04:22 PM      Profile for Sue and Mark Nami           Edit/Delete Post 
Nah. Is this the real Gerald Stewart? The call maker? No way.
I have some of your tapes if it's you.

--------------------

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 04:38 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, That'd be him. One of the nicest people you'd ever hope to meet too. He's probably done more to promote the sport of predator calling in the last 30 years than anyone one else alive.

This site is chock full of top of the line people.

Lance and Tripp are two great Outdoor writers, Leonard and Danny are two of the top night time coyote hunters that California ever produced.

Vic Carlson is a top ranked handgun shooter and small caliber aficionado.

Jay Nistetter could probably tell you more about hand calls than anyone else on earth.

Rich Higgins is probably the most knowledgeable man you will ever find when it comes to coyote vocalizations.

Cal is a big game guide and summertime ADC expert.

And there is a ton more just like them here.

Hell, we even took in an abandoned village idiot. How many sites can boast one of those?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 05:31 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hell, we even took in an abandoned village idiot. How many sites can boast one of those?
After a quick count of my bookmarks, I'd say the answer is 15.

Sporterized mil-surp rifle... yer aight by me. [Smile]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 05:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a fact, Sue and/or Mark. That's the real Gerald Stewart, and we are very fortunate to have him.

And, Tim is correct, it so happens that we have just about the largest assemblage of experienced predator hunters on the 'net, right here; just waiting for your questions and inquiries.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Sue and Mark Nami
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 06:52 PM      Profile for Sue and Mark Nami           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Thanks everyone. Sue just likes to look over my shoulder and distrat me. It's rare she wants to say anything on the internet but when she read about the lady attacked by the sea lion and saw the pictures, she got a little upset about some of the remarks being said and it wasn't funny to her. Mostly when I tell Sue stories she doesn't believe half of what she hears but this story had proof. I think the pictures are what did it.

I went back and searched Gerald Stewart. I'll be. It IS him. I found the sory he related about his recent deer lease. I got Sue and after she read it she asked, Is that why he's famous? She cracks me up. Then she said, I'll bet he started running around naked as a little kid. Then she pointed at the screen at Waco.

I have a lot of reading to do. From what I've seen so far tt looks like most all the questions have already been asked.

Sure glad you people have senses of humor. Hunting would suck without it. This is better than magazines. This is going to save me money.

--------------------

varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 07:55 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Sue and Mark. You will find the main thing we do here is mess with the human mind. That is so much easer to do than messing with a Coyote's mind. Most of the time they usually win, no matter how many Wife's we go through, nor how many thousands of dollars we spend.

Every now and then we manage to get off the track. Heck we have even been known to have a few wrecks, but we always pull through. We always do.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 08:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald's famous because he used to own the Johnny Stewart Wildlife Calls Company; until he sold it to Hunter Specialties. He sure knows a lot about recorded distress sounds, I'll tell you that. And, he sure knows how to use a hand call, I guarantee you on that, as well.

But with people that have known him, he's a lot more famous for being a good man, in a dog eat dog world. He is extremely well liked by most of the people that matter, in predator hunting circles. And, I probably embarrassed him, and apologize for that, but, I know a good old boy when I see one. He was inducted into the Predator Hunting Hall of Fame, last year. How about that?

Good hunting. LB

[ July 29, 2005, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 08:10 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
Sue and Mark, welcome;

Some days you will that the members here are highly intellectual.. other days you will read and just shake your head...

If you have questions about predator calling, ask it... there will be many answers... some popular, some not.

Given you are on the east coast... be on the watch for our own Crow Woman to be out and about giving calling seminars, you will be glad you took the time to attend.

Enjoy the reading while you poke around...

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted July 29, 2005 08:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, I think Norm's talking about you!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 09:27 PM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
We owe it all to,Leonard..Without the huntmastersbbs all these great men wouldn't be assembled here.

Sue and Mark,he is about as good an administrator you're gone to find on any board.

All the dumb shit comes from me,so i want to warn you before hand.

[ July 29, 2005, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Melvin ]

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 09:30 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Low blow Leonard.

Welcome aboard Mark and Sue.
It's tough, I'm sure, to tell when this group is telling the truth or just shining you on. Some like Leonard are pretty straight shooters while other philosophers like Q are eloquent and persuasive in their writing when in all reality the want all the summer dogs to themselves.

There's more real coyote men here than anywhere. These guys are the real deal like Cal, Danny, Vic, Tim, Gerald and Professor Erwin Corey Higgins but you still want to keep a watchful eye on them because they can be onery and that's being nice.

Being a Wenterner, I for one could stand to learn from you and other Easterners. I think Melvin is on your side of the river. Brent is too, but he's from Ohio. Not sure where to place him.

Welcome aboard the Coyote Carnival Cruise Lines.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 10:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Low blow Leonard.
Yeah, guess it is? Should not have singled you out, you are a good friend, and a darn good resource. But, you do stuff. Very creative and funny stuff. We both know what I mean; leave it at that.

Sorry for picking on ya, Jay. You are a giant among men. I meant the other twin.

However, we have quite a lineup on Huntmasters, if I do say so, myself. I'm proud to host such a stellar group of talented people.

Good hunting. LB

edit: oh, thanks for the compliment, Melvin. I do my best.

[ July 29, 2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2005 04:09 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
Sue & Mark,

Might as well, understand right off. Central Iowa coyotes, are smarter...than anyone else's [Wink] .

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 14 posted July 30, 2005 06:07 AM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark and Sue , the only reason these guys say all of that is because they want Freebies the next time we are at an event together. [Wink]

I hope the tapes have served you well and give Dad the credit for setting the standard I have tried to maintain over the years.

I lurk several boards and contribute to others when I have time. Unlike some of these guys I have a life that revolves around more than just coyote calling. I am dissappointed that your first exposure to me on this board was my Dillo hunting adventures in my birthday suit. Now, I hope that you will check the archives of this and other boards and hopefully see that there may a little more substance to me than campfire talk. [Embarrassed]

Yes, you know me well Leonard. I am embarressed at all of the fluffy talk. That stuff just makes me a target of the walking poor-of-self-image crowd and the jealously demented. [Mad]

There are simple reasons they say those kinds of things. They may not tell you right up front Mark and Sue; Tim just wants me to take him Armadillo hunting again. Jay and Rich just want me to not avoid their cameras ever again so they can catch me in some more comprimising video clips to blackmail me with for budgetary benefits.

Leonard scared the hell out of me one night by almost getting me arrested by a military checkpoint with M-16's drawn. He has been trying to make it up to me ever since with kind words. I am still trying to decide if I want to ever ride in that behemoth of a night hunting truck again. That thing was serious....Leonard is serious...a scary kind of serious when it comes to coyote hunting. [Razz]

As for his statement about this board "having me", I try very hard not give the appearance of favoritism on the boards but for some reason I keep coming back to this one like a dog that visits the spot in the road where it previuosly found something dead. I just keep thinking I'll find something good to smell here again. You will see me pop up on a couple of other boards now and then.

This is the home of the Frat Boys of coyote calling ... with all of the pranks to go with it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2005 08:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
All those things, but he can be a bit of a chicken. At that check point, he was fairly calm until I said: "They'll never take me alive!"

Frat boys? I thought we had decided on Pampass know it alls?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2005 09:42 AM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
OH My! you bunch of"pampass know it alls" I did not know you were trying to take advantage of this good man!(Gerald) [Mad]

Tim,hunting armadillo? I'll be darned,first i knowed that!..I thought only Willie Nelson hunted armadillo? [Smile]

Oh,i know,Rich and Jay work together to pull off there sneaky shenanigans..I think they work undercover a lot and combine there intelligence.(BEWARE!) [Eek!]

WOW!!Gerald,i didn't know,Leonard would get a fella in a predicament,like that!..That had to be a hair raising experience!"Memorable to say the least!"(He should have known better) [Razz]

[If we meet at any events,will i get any freebies now?] [Big Grin]

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2005 09:56 AM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
"I tried another board and didn't last long because I had the wrong equipment. Pretty closed mind about it too. Appeared there really isn't more than one way to skin a cat."

By any chance was the atmosphere at that other board rather "dark"? LOL!

Welcome Mark and Sue. There are a few fart smellers...I mean smart fellers here. Some good info shared. Read it quick though. Most of these guys are only a couple steps away from the grave. LOL! Just kidding! These dang predator hunters just keep on ticking.

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2005 10:14 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Hello - From no one important [Smile] I'm just an Easterner (NH) trying to pick up free information from these Pampas Know It Alls. So far, it's working too. Getting lots of good stuff.

No one has mentioned it yet, but you would be well advised to keep some paper towles close by the monitor. These guys have a habit of making one spew beverages at the most inoportune times [Smile]

Al

[ July 30, 2005, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2005 01:38 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Norm... that's where I'm at this weekend... Bass Pro in Harrisburg.

Welcome Sue and Mark. The only advice I could give you is to be on your toes with this crew and beware of Chinese girls and black sheep showing up at your doorstep.

We need to mention about our very own Lohman Gold Staff member fellow Texican named Varmit Hunter who has over 50 years in predator hunting... watch out Sue and Mark... he's been known to contribute to the shenanigans going on in here without anyone being the wiser. But don't worry about me... I would never steer you wrong... trust me.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters