The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » look what I found (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: look what I found
Barndog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 09:02 AM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
While working near area 51 last week, I found this. Don't ask because I have no idea what it is. Might have to go to court over these photos. FAA is investigating our fly over.

http://www.geocities.com/slfkc/barndog.html

Anyone have any ideas?

Posts: 185 | From: Idaho | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 09:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, that really adds to the suspense! Yahoo says you have exceeded your allocated transfer?

Wish I had a dollar for every time I have drove completely around the entire perimeter.

Good hunting. LB

EDIT: I just checked again, no luck. Maybe the black helicopters are out to get you?

[ September 16, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barndog
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 11:00 AM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
Its the F-15's that kept buzzing us after we no longer had radio contact with NELLIS. The ones that scare me the most are the B-1 bombers. Those guys love to fly so close to the ground they can rattle your teeth. I'll try an email you at least one picture leonard.
Barndog
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 11:05 AM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
I just took half the photos off of the website. Hope that will work. I'm having troubles getting email out with attachments. I'll try again monday. Enjoy your weekend.
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 02:02 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
From the looks of those pics, you won't be around on Monday. Too bad. Gonna miss ya. Tell Mulder that we said hello. LOL

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 08:49 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
The "exceeded your allocated transfer"
message just means that people downloading the pictures are exceeding his allowed bandwidth. The reason being that the pictures are huge and he is probably not allowed to use much bandwidth on geocities.

Be sure to resize them if you want to email them to someone.

Jack

Posts: 499 | From: Elko NV formerly MD | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 09:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the email, still can't get into the Yahoo site.

It is interesting. Which side were you on? US6 93 or 95? Why would they have all those high levees? Weird?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 08:42 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
Barndog,

You aren't pulling our leg here, are you?

I was in the earth moving business for about 45 years and there are things in those pictures that don't make sense to me.

The first things are:
When the first thunderstorm comes through, most of it is going to turn to soup.
There are an awful lot of large unsupported structures.
The scale of what graded the construction changes drastically in different parts of a picture.

Jack

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 10:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
For those that can't pull it up, and for some reason, I can't get it resized?  -
I wonder what all those rectangular bare spots are, on both sides, in the desert?

[ September 17, 2005, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 11:54 AM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
It's beautiful, like land art<g>

I couldn't find it on the sat photos - do you have gps or lat/longs?

There are a lot of places in there I wouldn't want to drive though!

Never mind the member number, I can't talk about it.

[ September 19, 2005, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: catskin ]

Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 12:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a guess, but based on shadows, etc. it looks like somewhere along the west side of US 6, between Tonapah and Warm Springs.

Pretty weird, notice the cathouse, based on the eighteen wheeler parked along side?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 10 posted September 18, 2005 03:28 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Barndog,
What do you do for work that puts you so close to area 51? How did you discover the site?

Jack,
I nominate you full responsibility to find out what this is [Smile] I don't know about culture, but you got brains!

Curiosity is killing me.

El Gato

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 04:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He's like a soil engineer, something like that?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Gerald Stewart
Member # 162

Icon 5 posted September 18, 2005 06:34 PM      Profile for Gerald Stewart           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you guys just playing along with him on this. Those are somebody's digital imaginations created and laid over a shot of barren desert. They are fake as fake can be. I didn't ruin the suspense did I?

A close examination of those pictures provesqrwhjgvi,wc.w................................................................................................................................................................. ..........................

Posts: 419 | From: Waco,Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 07:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I took this at face value, naive though I may be?

I guess it has to do with not understanding why a grown man would attempt to deceive our members and friends for a chuckle?

If that's the case, I don't find it very funny, at all. Explanations are in order......

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 08:53 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
An easy way to resize any picture is to click on it and email it to yourself. If you are using IE it will ask you if you want it resized for faster emailing. Works every time.

Jack

Barndog
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 10:01 AM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, find something interesting in the desert, share it, take the weekend off, and I when I come back I'm the bad guy trying to get a laugh. This is what I have found out. The guy who owns this used to be a nulcear researcher/profesor at Harvard or Yale. This site is just west of Water Gap in Gardan Valley and NW of Rachel, it is NOT in Area 51. Geographic location is -115 25 43 Longitude and 38 2 17 Latitude in datum NAD 83. The pictures were takin from a helicopter, we circled it taking pictures. Water Gap is also the proposed place the Glow-train (nuclear waste) will pass through on its way from Caliente NV to Yucca Mtn.(Yucca Mtn. nuclear waste storage site). This is only land art from what I've been told. Most of the structures are concrete reinforced. This guy pays $30/hr for labor and $1000/hr for those with equipment. The project is into its thrid year. I do not know when it will be completed. But the rumor has it, that he will bury it when it is finished. Now you know what I know, you can draw your own conclusions to what this is. The photos are real, I can't figure out how to resize a picture and paste it on a simple website let alone do trick photos. But thanks for the complement Stew.
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 10:49 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I for one find it very curious and interestingisimo! Will the guy lease the place for the next sci-fi "War of The Worlds" type movie? What is the motive? Land art? Yeah right! A very interesting find indeed! [Smile]

edit: "I guess it has to do with not understanding why a grown man would attempt to deceive our members and friends for a chuckle?

If that's the case, I don't find it very funny, at all. Explanations are in order......"

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!! [Wink]

[ September 19, 2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted September 19, 2005 12:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
BD, I believed in ya, it's those other guys that got me stirred up.

Next time you get this sort of thing, maybe a little more detail would help?

Good hunting. LB

[ September 19, 2005, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

Barndog
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 12:45 PM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know what I was looking at either, until I started asking around over the weekend. I thought maybe, just maybe someone would or could speculate at least what this is.

It looked like Jack was the only one who put some thought into it. Stew thought it was fake. Cdog is waiting for the aliens, I'm a little worried about Catskin he nailed it on the head with land art. I was with Leonard and Loco and had no idea.

Did see a few coyotes hanging around, might have to get back over there and make a few stands.

catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 05:39 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 

[ April 10, 2006, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: catskin ]

Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack Roberts
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 09:41 PM      Profile for Jack Roberts   Email Jack Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 20, 2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Jack Roberts ]

Barndog
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2006 04:14 PM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
Just some update info on this, just incase any of you are wondering about Gardenvalley, NV.

http://www.bebeyond.com/LearnEnglish/DailyReadings/Arts/DesertSculptor.htm

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2006 06:39 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
That "professor" must have made one heck of an income to be able to afford to build such a piece of "land art" out in the middle of no where!!

Now I know why concrete costs so much, supply and demand!! Just look at the demand on concrete that one guy is putting on the supply, all by himself!! [Eek!]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2006 01:49 AM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
why did you make us guess at what that was? I thought it was a nuclear waste site.

I saw a video of a guy that specialized in walls structures and he made some pretty impressive serpentine walls out of rocks. You have to give some credit to some of those art folks just simply the idea comming from the minds eye, but some border on the rediculous...

[ April 11, 2006, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: RedRabbit ]

Posts: 241 | From: SE IDAHO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters