The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Lance, A Long, Long Call is...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lance, A Long, Long Call is...
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 14 posted September 16, 2005 02:49 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
a Good, GOOD read!!! I enjoyed it immensly... thank you!

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 06:18 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Sheri. Damned if I didn't think I was alweays the first to get my copy. I won't see it for three more days. You lucky girl!!!

For the rest of you, this month's piece is about Brian Ward's and Rick "Sly Dog" Gipson's multi-state hunt last winter. Fun to be a part of that.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jeff Thomason
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 07:56 PM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
Werent they doing a video on that? Has it came out yet? I havent heard anything about it in a while. I am wanting to see it. It sounds like they had a lot of fun.

--------------------
Predator Pursuit
4 Videos Day and Night
www.predatorpursuit.com

Posts: 21 | From: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 07:59 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 16, 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 08:29 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beginning to get a little worried about Sly. I've tried calling him on and off for the last few days and not got through. He told me the last time we talked he was almost through with the video.

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 03:03 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
A well written story Lance. I too enjoyed it very mucho.

Yeah! About that video boyz...let's get on with it shall we!?!?!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 03:46 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I didn't get my copy two weeks after everyone else this time.

Good story Lance!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 06:52 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, guys. You folks always gimme good material to write about, and it's especially easy when the subject matter is so damned important. I'm eager to see Sly's video as well. Fact is, the only coyotes we saw on my segment involved a less than pristine moment by yours truly and Sly told me he was going to include it. Might as well tell you the story now so I know you know the truth.

As the story begins, we were calling in a driving rain. My scope cover caps were up and my optics were wet, yet I didn't even think about that when I flipped the caps down after the stand. Anyway, move ahead to us driving down the highway, Kent and I in Kent's truck with Sly and Bryan behind us in Sly's truck. We're toolin' down the highway cursing the rain when two waterlogged coyotes cross the road right in front of us. Well, we do what all Kansans do under these circumstances and slam on the brakes. Before the truck is even stopped, I'm bailing out the passenger side door with the Howa in my hand. Hopping along with the now slow moving truck, trying to use the door frame to steady my shot, I look thru the now steamed scope to acquire the rear coyote and all I see is black. I hear Sly behind me barking as he tried to get one of them to stop while I try to wipe the glass off with a very wet jacket cuff. Another try to look thru the scope and I still can't see a damned thing. I turn to look back at Sly and Bryan and just as I yell, " F&%$^#*!!!", I realize Bryan has the camera right on me.

Oops.

Sly says he's gonna include it, in slow motion, no less. My ten seconds of fame.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 09:05 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Don’t worry about Sly he was doing well when I talked with him last week. He has been a little busy with his new grand kids and his new summertime hobby. He has been waiting on me to film a fast forward segment or two and I hope I got that done to his satisfaction yesterday…we’ll see. He has some other final editing to do but it is close, but way behind his original plan.

It figures that I would be on the end of the mailing this time but what Lace e-mailed me was awesome.

Lance that is pretty much how I remember it, except you didn’t hear the colorful expletives while I tried to get the camera up and into position. LOL

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
pup
Member # 90

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 09:46 AM      Profile for pup           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm a little worried too Byron. I talked to him a few days ago, and haven't been able to get through since either.

Lance, Brian also has some footage of Sly, from when they were here on that same trip. I doubt that footage will ever be seen again, sometimes those cat stands are long........ [Wink]

Posts: 213 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters