The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who's Tred Barta?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's Tred Barta?
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 06:57 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
He has a TV show on OLN and tries to pass himself off as a "hunter". Tonight he was after coyotes in Alamosa, CO. He concluded that you can't call in a coyote "in that short sage" close enough to take it with a bow. So they sniped one from the trees with a rifle, that was feeding on a bait carcass. High 5's all the way around, LOL. [Big Grin]
Last time I'll watch that crap.

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rockfish
PAKMAN
Member # 564

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 07:12 PM      Profile for Rockfish   Email Rockfish         Edit/Delete Post 
the guy's a legend in his own mind... as far as I'm concerned a self centered egotistical jackoff...

--------------------
PA Predator Hunters Association

Posts: 5 | From: East Petersburg | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jeff Thomason
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 07:15 PM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit that was a bad episode. But I have to say he does have a few good ones. He does things the "Hard" way. He shoots most of his game with a long bow, with homemade arrows. That is hard enough, then you add a camera man. That makes it nearly impossible. I think he has taken something like 75 big game animals with the longbow. So he must know a little.

--------------------
Predator Pursuit
4 Videos Day and Night
www.predatorpursuit.com

Posts: 21 | From: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 08:20 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, you could be right. This was the first time I had ever seen the show. But I wasn't impressed. He knew nothing about coyotes, or about calling for that matter. It seems his idea if "hunting" is to rent a guide, who he pays to put him in position for a kill shot. All the skill, knowledge, and experience is up to the guide to provide. Barta brings nothing to the hunt except a checkbook. That spells loser to me.

[ September 16, 2005, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 08:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, rockfish. Glad to have you on board. Now, how have you managed to be so quiet, for so long? Registered in February?

I have no clue who this guy is, I seldom watch those hunting shows.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 12:42 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, Rockfish! We were talking about TB, not BM. [Big Grin]
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 04:57 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen a couple of his shows. Including the coyote hunt. The guy makes me laugh @ times. Can't blame anyone for trying.
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 08:57 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
His bear hunt last week was pretty funny too. He got all dressed in camo, put camo face paint on, got on the boat and then rode 40 miles to his hunting spot.

Any guy that wears camo face paint to take a boat ride is...well, reminds me of those guys who ride motorcycles and come into the store with their helmet on.

As for his long bow, I watched him shoot last night. He doesn't seem to be all that good for taking 70 plus big game animals.

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Noel Brandon
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 09:29 AM      Profile for Noel Brandon           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I saw the long bow grizzly hunt too. Did you notice he walked right past the fresh track crossing the creek. The guide had to call him back and point it out to him. Also earlier they were observing two adult grizzlies hoping to get a shot and Tred lets out a cough and spooks them away. His partner shot at a black bear and misses and immediatly blamed the rifle, until they check it and it's right on. I give him credit for his enthusiasm and dedication of making his own bows and arrows. He's sure not bashful about putting screw ups on a show with his name on it. The guy is a putz. I do watch for the shear entertainment value, I always get a good laugh.

[ September 17, 2005, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Noel Brandon ]

Posts: 21 | From: Renton WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 10:09 AM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Noel,

"He's sure not bashful about putting screw ups on a show with his name on it." [Big Grin]

You got to admire that, but its alot better when you put others screwups on film. [Razz] Sorry had to. I think you have seen me in rare form a few times also.

Just razzin ya.

Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 10:39 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, a couple of us have been watching you and Jeff in "Reloaded" today. We'll probably watch it 3-4 times this afternoon. Only good comments so far. [Smile]
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 12:57 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
I have kept with Tread for the last twenty years. He has revolutionized big game salt water fishing. He has sponsored fishing tournaments that have razed millions for worthy charities. In the realm of big game fishing is ether considered the greatest living fisherman, or a complete idiot. There is no in-between.

He defiantly sets himself up for criticism, even invites it. After reading his articles for twenty years I still do not have a handle on him. There is one thing I have to say about him. He steps up to the plate, and know matter the results he owns up to what ever happens. He holds a incredible number of world records in off shore fishing. All of them achieved with great self imposed obstacles in his way.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Noel Brandon
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 02:36 PM      Profile for Noel Brandon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Todd, roger that. [Big Grin] I wonder if Tred ever empties the chamber of his buddies gun? [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 02:48 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
How gay was that?? [Eek!]
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 02:51 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, Be sure and let us know what you think after you get done. Dont forget the bloopers, you will see what I was razzin Noel about. I may be in there once or twice also. [Big Grin] Glad yall liked it so far.

Noel, That would be like Tred taking someones line off of there fishing pole, its a little easier to check that. I bet you check your chamber a little more often now, expecially when I am around. [Wink] Nasa is right about that coming across wrong! You need to watch how you phrase things, by the way you aint unloading my gun you Weardo. [Eek!] [Wink] [Big Grin]

varmit hunter, I have to say that I cant put my finger on the guy. You have to admire his determination, but sometimes he can come across really egotistic. He gets out there and does it though and you cant fault him for that. I watch his show when I can, probably to see what crazy thing he will do or say next. Come to think of it he may be the Howard Stern of hunting.

Todd

[ September 17, 2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Noel Brandon
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 03:03 PM      Profile for Noel Brandon           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I let our little secret out. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 03:10 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Hey, Hey!!!!! Remember you still have to hunt with me this year too. HMmmmmmm Maybe I could come up with some .223 blanks. [Big Grin] I can promise you my gun will not be emptied on the trip, what so ever!!!!

Weardo, [Confused]

Todd

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Noel Brandon
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 03:16 PM      Profile for Noel Brandon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ha Ha Ha [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Well, I know I'll be sleeping with one eye open and my gun is not leaving my sight. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

[ September 17, 2005, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Noel Brandon ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 03:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, looks like a lot of code words?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 06:33 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
LB, to the uninitiated it certainly does sound like code talk. But once you watch the video it all makes sense, lol. [Big Grin]
Rockfish
PAKMAN
Member # 564

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 11:51 AM      Profile for Rockfish   Email Rockfish         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, rockfish. Glad to have you on board. Now, how have you managed to be so quiet, for so long? Registered in February?
this site got lost in the favorites list... just found it again the other day but will be moving it up to the top where it's easier found...

a lot of good posting here, will make it a regular stop...

--------------------
PA Predator Hunters Association

Posts: 5 | From: East Petersburg | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters